TWG XXXIII Postgame.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iggymatrixcounter
    FFR Veteran
    • Nov 2003
    • 1924

    #46
    Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

    I understand that the humans couldn't get on fast enough to win the game. I really didn't think they were going to. It's just that the phantoms put us in a tight spot and a solid human victory was lost.

    However, lol, I would have given my pw to my account and if just ONE human could have made it on, I would have "voted" and all would have been good. (Maybe the wolves did this? XD)

    But I had fun this game. This was a game that I was looking forward to and even though I missed the 50% chance of getting a role, I still had fun.

    @Nforcer: I love how you were/are attacking afro for voting you when I voted you for probably less reasons and got people to go along with it. What gave you away, IMO, was the "safety net" you were throwing out when you would mention my name with a few of the more controversal ideas so in case someone did call you on it, you could say, "Well, iggy is doing/thinking it too!" However at the time I wasn't really convinced you were a wolf. It's just that kilga fought well in the chat before day ended. I kind of wish he died over you but w/e. Game was sweet.
    lastfm
    PANDORA

    Comment

    • Kilgamayan
      Super Scooter Happy
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2003
      • 6583

      #47
      Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

      Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
      However, lol, I would have given my pw to my account and if just ONE human could have made it on, I would have "voted" and all would have been good. (Maybe the wolves did this? XD)
      The forum games I've played at GameFAQs have made me adamantly against account sharing. The only time I would ever consider doing it in TWG is to get Kefit a signup when he can't make the times or something. >_>

      I can assure you that both randumb and I were around at the time.
      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

      Comment

      • iggymatrixcounter
        FFR Veteran
        • Nov 2003
        • 1924

        #48
        Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

        Originally posted by Kilgamayan
        I can assure you that both randumb and I were around at the time.
        lol no need to defend yourself, if you really wanted to check it, I'm sure a mod could check the IP's or something if it was a big deal, but there's no need to defend.

        But I wanted to tell mini, jurs, or necamus this plan SOOOOOO bad. Too bad I was dead. I almost told fish but he was still alive even though you guys were going to kill him during the night. He could have done something since he wasn't "technically" dead until day came along.

        Probably would have worked but meh.
        lastfm
        PANDORA

        Comment

        • StoicRoivaS
          FFR Player
          • May 2006
          • 548

          #49
          Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Either way, they don't deserve to play TWG, in my opinion, ever again.
          Afro's pretty dead on here. Ever again is a bit much, but my vote goes to at least a 3 game ban for anyone with 2 phantoms and possibly a one game ban for anyone with 1 phantom. Certain amounts of activity are necessary and anyone with more than three brain cells might have predicted the game be still going around the 4th, that being said you should be willing and able to put in the necessary effort at least, even around a holiday. Maybe it's just me but Christmas and New Years are about the only time in which the day before the holiday might be of a little importance. Since when has July 3rd held any meaning at all for the average American? Maybe I'm absolutely insane and I'm the only one that doesn't throw a giant party both days, but I have a feeling that's not true. Asking people to be online at a very specific moment takes people who are quite dedicated, and I wouldn't hold much against the humans that didn't vote, because things happen, but to the people that are wasting sign-up spots, you really need to quit it. Not even little league 8 year olds sign up for an activity they aren't going to show up for, seriously. Some of you have some growing up to do.
          Like the moon over
          the day, my genius and brawn are
          wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
          -Bowser

          Comment

          • ddrdanc3r55
            Banned
            • Jun 2005
            • 346

            #50
            Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

            The mandatory ban is 1 game for 2 phantoms, and 2 games for 2 phantoms. I feel that the punishment should actually be lessened because this game was a failed experiment. And really, I'm not just saying this because I got two phantoms.

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #51
              Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

              Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
              lol no need to defend yourself, if you really wanted to check it, I'm sure a mod could check the IP's or something if it was a big deal, but there's no need to defend.

              But I wanted to tell mini, jurs, or necamus this plan SOOOOOO bad. Too bad I was dead. I almost told fish but he was still alive even though you guys were going to kill him during the night. He could have done something since he wasn't "technically" dead until day came along.

              Probably would have worked but meh.
              I didn't see jurs online at any time when this plan could have gotten out anyway. Necamus isn't on my buddy list, but I checked at least 2 times and didn't see him either.

              Then there's the whole shady area of cheating thing. Best to just avoid that anyway.

              Comment

              • iggymatrixcounter
                FFR Veteran
                • Nov 2003
                • 1924

                #52
                Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

                From what I can see, fish made it blantantly obvious that they needed to be here at 10 sharp. But just because THEY couldn't make it doesn't mean that ANYTHING can be held against them.

                However, for those like tokzic, who was the real problem, (kilga and ddr wouldn't have been able to jump him the day they did and ddr was gone if it wasn't for that.) necamus, and any player who got 2 phantoms. THEY should be the ones punished. Jurs and mini shouldn't be punished for not being able to be here AT 10PM. It was the people with more than 1 phantom that got us in trouble. NOT those who couldn't finish the game.

                Stoic, I like where your head's at. But to say that you expect them to be active during a "speed voting" under ANY circumstances is completely unfair. Yes jurs and mini could have finished it off if it didn't require them to be on at a certain time. But basically it's not their fault: 1) The rest of the players totally sucked at nailing wolves until it was practically too late. We had the evidence but failed to use it. 2) Phantoms from other players put those few players in that situation. So really there were other factors you aren't considering.

                Yes people need to post and be active, but nothing more than what a normal 48 hour period would be. Going back to your baseball illustration, even though the players arrive at different times doesn't mean that they aren't more or less willing to participate as long as they make it on time right?
                lastfm
                PANDORA

                Comment

                • MiniNeo
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2004
                  • 454

                  #53
                  Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

                  @ iggy: necamus*
                  Last edited by MiniNeo; 07-4-2006, 09:17 PM.

                  Comment

                  • iggymatrixcounter
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 1924

                    #54
                    Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

                    Now how are you going to respond to my whole post with a spelling error mini? Don't I get some credit here for an awesome post? XD

                    EDIT: Besides, it's necamus anyways so go back to your hole XD.
                    Last edited by iggymatrixcounter; 07-4-2006, 09:03 PM.
                    lastfm
                    PANDORA

                    Comment

                    • sertman
                      DADALADAH
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 3910

                      #55
                      Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

                      Banning someone for one phantom is overkill. Certain situations arise (i.e internet going out, unnanounced day trip, etc.) that people who sign up for TWG can't control, and banning them for 1 game is ridiculous. Jurs shouldn't be punished for not being there EXACTLY at 10pm... people have lives. I don't know a single person who, while out with friends, is actually going to say "guys i have to go home because I need to make a post on a message board"

                      Comment

                      • Tps222
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 6169

                        #56
                        Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

                        Well, I'll take a 1 game ban, perhaps 2, but not 3. My first phantom was unavoidable. I was at a baseball game of mine, and while there, my friend asked me to go camping with him for the weekend, immediately after the game. When I returned, I became active, either voicing my opinons in the chat, or discussing mason strategies with Chardish. The 2nd phantom is inexcusable and that is what I will take a game ban for.

                        PS: Chill out people.

                        PPS: I like this stoic guy.

                        Comment

                        • iggymatrixcounter
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 1924

                          #57
                          Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

                          Originally posted by sertman
                          Banning someone for one phantom is overkill.
                          Yes it is.

                          But no one said that you get banned for one phantom. 1 game band for 2 phantoms and 2 games for 3 phantoms is what I think it is.
                          lastfm
                          PANDORA

                          Comment

                          • sertman
                            DADALADAH
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 3910

                            #58
                            Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

                            Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                            Yes it is.

                            But no one said that you get banned for one phantom. 1 game band for 2 phantoms and 2 games for 3 phantoms is what I think it is.
                            Stoic and Afro suggested you get banned for one phantom.

                            Comment

                            • JurseyRider734
                              lil j the bad b-word
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 7507

                              #59
                              Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

                              Originally posted by sertman
                              Banning someone for one phantom is overkill. Certain situations arise (i.e internet going out, unnanounced day trip, etc.) that people who sign up for TWG can't control, and banning them for 1 game is ridiculous. Jurs shouldn't be punished for not being there EXACTLY at 10pm... people have lives. I don't know a single person who, while out with friends, is actually going to say "guys i have to go home because I need to make a post on a message board"

                              Yeah that's what I was going to say. Giving out bans for one phantom won't make people WANT to play if there's no leniency. You can't restrict peoples lives to an internet game. Just because they go on a 2 day vacation doesnt mean they can't participate in the game.

                              edit: I was actually going to say to one of my friends "I can't go to the fireworks with you tonight because I have to be home before 10 because I am supposed to make a post on the internet and the fireworks start at 9 so I can't do it." but then i was like to myself "what the hell. It's a game, i'm not going to let it constrict the time I spend with my friends."
                              Last edited by JurseyRider734; 07-5-2006, 10:12 AM.
                              Originally posted by Arch0wl
                              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                              Originally posted by Afrobean
                              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                              Comment

                              • DarkManticoreX2
                                TWG Overlord
                                • Apr 2005
                                • 7355

                                #60
                                Re: TWG XXXIII Postgame.

                                Archived 5-21-2014 11:48 AM EST
                                AAA's = 800

                                Originally posted by V
                                Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                                Comment

                                Working...