TWG XXXII Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omeganitros
    auauauau
    • Jun 2003
    • 8897

    #16
    Re: TWG 32 Postgame

    !

    I swear on my honor that if I get in Infiltration 2, and it's like the last one with the Roy Campbell interactivity and all, I will roleplay my effing hardest and not be a douchebag that uses terms like "Reds" or "Wolves" in the middle of the game.

    Comment

    • User6773

      #17
      Re: TWG 32 Postgame

      I was thinking of making it Battlestar Galactica based (the new one, not the crappy 1978 one.) The whole idea of cylons posing as humans is perfect TWG material. Furthermore, giving people particular characters (Adama, Starbuck, Tigh, Apollo, Baltar, Gaeta, Dualla, Tyrol, etc.) might make it harder to pick people out than simply callsigns like "green," "blue," "magenta," etc.

      But if there's strong support for the MGS theme, I'll continue that story arc.

      Comment

      • Omeganitros
        auauauau
        • Jun 2003
        • 8897

        #18
        Re: TWG 32 Postgame

        Aww, in the MGS games, when you lose you get the GAME OVER sign and then you RESTART. I figured you'd restart and give the good guys another chance to get the good ending. I get the feeling you wanted to do a lot more with story, except that the mind-taker-overers won so quickly so you had to adapt to that. Nobody cooperated with playing roles and keeping things in In Character Perspective.

        Comment

        • Kilgamayan
          Super Scooter Happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2003
          • 6583

          #19
          Re: TWG 32 Postgame

          Oh also, for the record:

          Night 1 I looked at talisman. By the end of the day I had concluded that he was most definitely not the master wolf and was all set to come out to him on Day 2 when he died. D:

          Night 2 I looked at Omega because he was high up on talis' suspicion list. Never got in contact with him for any reason, mostly because he wasn't around to talk to. >_>

          Night 3 I was strongly considering stretchy because she has nearly vanished into the shadows, but in the end I looked at Afro because I just had to know. He was doing everything on Day 1 that, whenever most everyone else I'd ever played with did it, they were a wolf. However, discussion in the thread that he normally acted like that as a human kept pulling at me. If I had survived and recieved the human report I most assuredly would've backed off, but, well, yeah.
          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

          Comment

          • User6773

            #20
            Re: TWG 32 Postgame

            Originally posted by Omeganitros
            I figured you'd restart and give the good guys another chance to get the good ending.
            That's basically the gist of it, if I went with the theme.

            If I did BSG I'd probably be rewriting the two-part episode "Resurrection Ship" involving the destruction of the eponymous ship via infiltration rather than assault by a fighter squadron.

            Comment

            • Omeganitros
              auauauau
              • Jun 2003
              • 8897

              #21
              Re: TWG 32 Postgame

              You know, you're right, the cylon thing IS perfect material.

              Comment

              • iggymatrixcounter
                FFR Veteran
                • Nov 2003
                • 1924

                #22
                Re: TWG 32 Postgame

                Man, I was fooled. The only one I thought was a wolf was blah after wilkin or whoever got wolfed and blah didn't get the axe, that was about it though.
                lastfm
                PANDORA

                Comment

                • mattc16
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2005
                  • 524

                  #23
                  Re: TWG 32 Postgame

                  Blah was on my radar, nforcer was kind of sticking out to me, but stretchy, woah, i never had a clue.

                  Sorry for my inactivity, what with exams and cricket practice it was kinda difficult to be on the internet for as long as i wanted to be.


                  Click for great online poker rakeback offers!

                  Comment

                  • JurseyRider734
                    lil j the bad b-word
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 7507

                    #24
                    Re: TWG 32 Postgame

                    I actually had been suspicious of all the three wolves at one point. I was like "nforcer could be a wolf...he seems to be really pushy this game. Well..nah...he's just being his old annoying self."

                    Then stretchy, as I had posted. And blah, as I had posted (I was suspicious of him as soon as he put a vote on me).

                    Yeah oh well.
                    Originally posted by Arch0wl
                    I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                    Originally posted by Afrobean
                    Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                    the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                    Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                    Comment

                    • nforcer06164
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2003
                      • 4772

                      #25
                      Re: TWG 32 Postgame

                      Guys, remember who the wolves were, and look back at the first player list in the game thread. Guess why we picked Tass on Night 1, and Kilga on Night 3. It wasn't all strategy.

                      PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                      Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                      Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                      Originally posted by Squeek
                      My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                      Comment

                      • stretchypanda
                        shock me shock me
                        • Sep 2004
                        • 4123

                        #26
                        Re: TWG 32 Postgame

                        Yeah, we were wrong about Tass, and he was like, "You idiot. If I was seer, I would have seered Blah night one, and he's master, so I would have assumed he's human."

                        But it all worked out fine. Even Chardish was like, "There's no guardian, you shouldn't even have to think about who to wolf." But we did. I wanted Kefit.

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #27
                          Re: TWG 32 Postgame

                          Originally posted by nforcer
                          Guys, remember who the wolves were, and look back at the first player list in the game thread.
                          fish told me about this... and the funny thing is that that's just the order people signed up, not any kind of order that chardish unconsciously put down.

                          Comment

                          • User6773

                            #28
                            Re: TWG 32 Postgame

                            I use random.org for all number rolls, including deciding who gets what role.

                            I also used it to determine the location of the statue as well as which numbers got revealed. Too many of you were thinking that the statue was "placed" and gave numbers like 100, 1, or whatever the highest or lowest number happened to be. In the end I think that makes it harder for the statue to be found as it encourages chances of repeats.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #29
                              Re: TWG 32 Postgame

                              In the end I think that makes it harder for the statue to be found as it encourages chances of repeats.
                              That's what I thought. I just chose an area of numbers and stuck with them.

                              I ended up being a long ways off though.

                              Comment

                              • Kilgamayan
                                Super Scooter Happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2003
                                • 6583

                                #30
                                Re: TWG 32 Postgame

                                Man, I finally get a blue role and I get wolfed because I was second to sign up?

                                le queer x(
                                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                                Comment

                                Working...