TWG XXXI: Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iggymatrixcounter
    FFR Veteran
    • Nov 2003
    • 1924

    #31
    Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

    Originally posted by Kilgamayan
    Wilkin's situation dictated that he do exactly what I do at that point, because it would've guaranteed him a win regardless of my role. You would've had to convince both LD and Neo to vote me, but hell, if you had succeeded there, you would've had the game won easy.
    lol could have gotten LD if I just went to him first.

    Mini would have been easier maybe but he still needed to get on and that was hurting me.

    But yea even if I got you lynched. I would have to NOT kill anyone the next night and then convince LD and mini (again) that wilkin was only alive because he was red even though he couldn't kill anyone.

    THEN I would have killed mini the next night and tried to get on and insta LD and SK wilkin for the win.

    But it was a lot to do, especially since I couldn't get past what I thought was going to be an "easy" lynch. (kilga)
    lastfm
    PANDORA

    Comment

    • iggymatrixcounter
      FFR Veteran
      • Nov 2003
      • 1924

      #32
      Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

      Originally posted by evilbutterfly

      Reason I killed iggy: I was going to lose. It made the game interesting. I didn't wanna go through a whole game without that role even being utilized. ;D
      grrrr and I lost because of it XD.
      lastfm
      PANDORA

      Comment

      • Kefit
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2003
        • 1517

        #33
        Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

        Heh, Tass, sorry about that. OH WAIT. Convincing other people to go along with it took a bit more effort than I would have liked for something that seemed so obvious to me though.

        Anyway, I might not have given much thought to coming out at all if others hadn't brought it up. But you guys did, and one thing lead to another in my mind, and then Wilkin's coming out really didn't leave me with much of a choice.

        Oh, and the whole Judas/Saulus switch thing wouldn't have worked - Judas, after being lynched, would have had no way to contact the wolves. Furthermore, the wolves would never contact him, since they would believe him to be Saulus and now on the side of the humans.
        Last edited by Kefit; 05-21-2006, 10:21 PM.


        Originally posted by seinno
        and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?

        Comment

        • iggymatrixcounter
          FFR Veteran
          • Nov 2003
          • 1924

          #34
          Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

          Originally posted by Kefit
          Furthermore, the wolves would never contact him, since they would believe him to be Saulus and now on the side of the humans.
          Wolves wouldn't have to contact judas. He could have just posted the guardian's and seer's names. Yes it would have gotten you killed but you still would have won if the wolves pulled it off.

          Course you've posted that you play to win and survive but still, would have been more fun to see IMO.
          lastfm
          PANDORA

          Comment

          • Kilgamayan
            Super Scooter Happy
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2003
            • 6583

            #35
            Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

            I think Kefit's goal in playing at this point is not to win, but to simply not die.
            I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

            Comment

            • stretchypanda
              shock me shock me
              • Sep 2004
              • 4123

              #36
              Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

              Iggy, I don't think you have any room to tell Judas/Saulus what they could have done with their roles. You had a role probably anyone else would have LOVED to play, and you gave up because either you didn't think you could pull off a victory on your own, or you just wanted to head a human alliance toward what you saw as an easy human victory.

              I wasn't even playing and I was pissed to see you come out.

              Comment

              • Kilgamayan
                Super Scooter Happy
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2003
                • 6583

                #37
                Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

                That makes 3 people pissed at iggy.

                We should start an office pool.
                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                Comment

                • talisman
                  Resident Penguin
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2003
                  • 4598

                  #38
                  Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

                  to be fair it would have been hard as hell to pull off a victory on your own. and I was pretty pleased to see him come out, made my job that much easier.

                  Comment

                  • stretchypanda
                    shock me shock me
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 4123

                    #39
                    Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

                    talisman, how many times has a wolf won after all his compatriots died?

                    It's not impossible.

                    Comment

                    • Omeganitros
                      auauauau
                      • Jun 2003
                      • 8897

                      #40
                      Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

                      Hopefully next game won't be so confusing.

                      Comment

                      • Kefit
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2003
                        • 1517

                        #41
                        Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

                        Confusing?

                        This was one of the most straightforward TWGs I have ever seen. A lot of this is attributable to Talis' luck in seering though.


                        Originally posted by seinno
                        and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #42
                          Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

                          with judas and saulus out iggy had no chance of winning, stretchy. If wolves wolf him, they know (not for certain, but it would be probable, given an alliance in place that iggy wouldn't be guarded) who iggy is and they know that eventually they have to kill him. If iggy is lynched, the humans know who he is and that they have to kill him.

                          Best case scenario for vampire/serial killer to win solo would be if he were wolfed and judas and saulus didn't come out. Otherwise, it's very very hard and requires luck on the vamp's part and stupidity on the humans'.

                          Comment

                          • nforcer06164
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2003
                            • 4772

                            #43
                            Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

                            Whoa, this game is over? I could barely remember that I was actually in this game...

                            Hooray for being killed Night 1 for my second game in a row. And actually being seered. Too bad they couldn't have been separate.

                            Viva la TWG 32!

                            PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                            Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                            Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                            Originally posted by Squeek
                            My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                            Comment

                            • stretchypanda
                              shock me shock me
                              • Sep 2004
                              • 4123

                              #44
                              Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

                              Well, the super-uncloseting-madness hinders red victory, but still doesn't make it impossible. Masons were introduced to create a human alliance that didn't have to be formed by role-revealing, and wolves beat them, too.

                              I would have LOOOOOOOOVED to be the serial killer. He could have said he was resurrected because he's the seer and the guardian knew, and hope both the guardian and the seer were dead. Had Iggy NOT come out, by the time the final wolf was dead, most of the humans had already been killed for him. It would have just been a matter of playing well to avoid suspicion and continuing to pick off humans.

                              Yeah, it's a hard role, especially when you have to explain being killed and brought back to life, but it's not impossible and it's an insult to the host to just give up like that.

                              Comment

                              • Wilkin
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2005
                                • 1800

                                #45
                                Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

                                The Judas/Saulus switch probably could've only worked if one of them contacted one of the seer'd wolves before they were lynched to get out a word to the others. The only problems with that is that they might accidentally spill the entire plan to a framed human, and that it would take some convincing to make the wolves believe their story.
                                l
                                WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                                ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                                ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                                OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                                Comment

                                Working...