TWG XXVII Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #16
    Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

    well tass I wouldn't say letting the game go to the last day is owning the **** out of it... you won, but it wasn't ownage.

    me not dying became just a little too obvious down the stretch. next time I'm a wolf I demand a guardian.

    Comment

    • talisman
      Resident Penguin
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2003
      • 4598

      #17
      Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

      one more thing: there was hard evidence tps and I were wolves. If you look at one of his posts day one he says "the only people I've talked to are x, y and talisman". Now at that point we hadn't faked any convos together... so I was like "****, tps we need to fake a convo now". So we did, and he ended up posting it, but he didn't modify the timestamps. So if you look closely it's pretty clear that the convo happened after the time of his post, even with ffr's weird time system. But no one noticed.

      Comment

      • JurseyRider734
        lil j the bad b-word
        • Aug 2003
        • 7507

        #18
        Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

        I think I mentioned in one of the wolf chats about someone telling Tass that they were the bane and he was faking it to make sure the wolves don't kill him.

        Then I said something about wolfing Tass. Oh well. At least my first game in a long time proved to be interesting. gg

        ps some people were questioning whether or not my dad did restrict my computer access, and, yes, he did.
        Originally posted by Arch0wl
        I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

        Originally posted by Afrobean
        Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
        the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
        Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

        Comment

        • Wilkin
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2005
          • 1800

          #19
          Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

          When I found out who everyone was, along with Vash's lynching, I was like, "lolz humans need to be perfect now." They managed to pull through, though, so props.

          It just seemed to lose any sort of suspense at the end, though. Like mead said, the jig was up. The climax hit when a wrong lynch would be the last one on day 4, and it just went smoothly from there. I wasn't sure if the humans would make it, but changed my mind with the lynching of Tps.
          l
          WWii║iiiiiiii▫
          ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
          ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




          OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #20
            Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

            With the seering of TPS, everything fell into place.

            It was practically impossible for the night 4 seering OR the day 4 lynching to not be a wolf, based on seering 3 humans nights 1/2/3. Getting the confirmation on TPS was huge though, because it allowed mead and I to go back and look JUST at TPS. And from that it became super obvious that Talisman had to be another wolf.

            Then it was a matter of figuring out if we had 2 or 3 left. We figured it was probably 3. And I had been on Jurs all game... Mead thought Afro as MW, but I was never thinking that. Further investigation into it, and talking alot with Talisman and trying to talk with TPS and Jurs, made it pretty sure that we were correct on the wolves.

            I told Kilga on Day 4 that Talisman and Jurs were the other 2 wolves.

            And, yea... having the game go all the way to the end is not perfect. But, it is still a team game, and in the end, the team won. Took a long road to get the win, but we still got there. And I'm now... 8?-0 when leading a human alliance. Crazy that I've managed to lead the humans in 8 of the 16 games where I've been a human/blue. The humans are 2-6 in the other 8. (This is not including either of the 2 games that were ended early, both of which I orchestrated the win).

            I was never worried of losing... as the lynches didn't really matter, starting day 3, whether they were human or wolves. As long as I stayed alive, the only matter was figuring out the MW, which wound up being simple. As on day 3, we had the majority, 5-4. That guarenteed that we'd be able to have everyone seered before the game ended, and as such, guarenteed that we'd be able to either seer or lynch the wolves before we lost.

            My only regret is that the wolves didn't try and fake anything. I so wanted that to happen, because it would have been such suicide. It would have been... "Tass, I'm the seer." "No... you aren't. You're a wolf." Lynched. Although the certainty that I probably would have shown might have led to Talisman realizing that I couldn't be the bane and be that confident. So perhaps it was a good thing.
            RIP

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #21
              Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

              Yeah, you wolves messed up. With Tass leading an alliance you should have done something drastic. If I had been running the red side of things, I'd have attacked Tass almost definitely. Tass is good at leading alliances and alliances are a wolves worst enemy.

              Basically, a lesson to people for being better wolves: when you're looking at a game in which your chances of loss are greatly increased, you might as well do something huge. Worst case scenario: you're lynched, but you had the fun of doing something amazing. Best case scenario: you win, and you get the fun of tricking everyone with something big.

              Comment

              • JurseyRider734
                lil j the bad b-word
                • Aug 2003
                • 7507

                #22
                Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

                Afro don't be stupid. Everyone thought Tass was the bane (besides the people in the alliance etc) If we tried to wolf him and he really WAS, we would look like idiots and waste a kill. Unfortunately we didn't know he was the seer. I joked about wolfing him because I don't like him that much, but it never went through because, well...it was a joke.
                Originally posted by Arch0wl
                I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                Originally posted by Afrobean
                Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                Comment

                • talisman
                  Resident Penguin
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2003
                  • 4598

                  #23
                  Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

                  our mistake was killing hans... we should have gone with mini that night, even if it would have made it obvious that I (or someone else who knew tass decently well) was a wolf.

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #24
                    Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

                    Originally posted by JurseyRider734
                    Afro don't be stupid. Everyone thought Tass was the bane (besides the people in the alliance etc) If we tried to wolf him and he really WAS, we would look like idiots and waste a kill. Unfortunately we didn't know he was the seer. I joked about wolfing him because I don't like him that much, but it never went through because, well...it was a joke.
                    Well, you lost anyway. Wouldn't you have rather had more fun with it and take a chance for once?

                    Comment

                    • JurseyRider734
                      lil j the bad b-word
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 7507

                      #25
                      Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

                      No. You play to win, not to **** around. Sorry you lose
                      Originally posted by Arch0wl
                      I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                      the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                      Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #26
                        Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

                        Originally posted by JurseyRider734
                        No. You play to win, not to **** around. Sorry you lose
                        You obviously don't understand. Your loss was basically guaranteed as soon as Tass came out as alliance leader. I'm saying that you should have made a move to take out Tass, since you were screwed anyway.

                        PS sorry, I won. You lost OOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

                        Comment

                        • JurseyRider734
                          lil j the bad b-word
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 7507

                          #27
                          Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          You obviously don't understand. Your loss was basically guaranteed as soon as Tass came out as alliance leader. I'm saying that you should have made a move to take out Tass, since you were screwed anyway.

                          PS sorry, I won. You lost OOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

                          So because Tass was the alliance leader, you're saying the wolves should have given up and not tried to win?

                          Wow you're so ****ing stupid its not even worth arguing about this
                          Originally posted by Arch0wl
                          I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                          the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                          Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                          Comment

                          • Afrobean
                            Admiral in the Red Army
                            • Dec 2003
                            • 13262

                            #28
                            Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

                            Am I really wording it that poorly, everyone? Perhaps someone else can say it in terms that she'll understand.

                            Comment

                            • Tasselfoot
                              Retired BOSS
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 25185

                              #29
                              Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

                              Well... you probably should have given up. But that is another matter.


                              Afro, I gotta say... Jurs is right. You play to win the game. While I don't disagree that given the situation, trying something drastic might not have been the worst course of action... odds are it would make losing happen faster.

                              The kill that REALLY was dumb, more than Hans, was eb. Mead made it super obvious that he was working with me closely, more than anyone else... yet you left him alive when you KNEW I'd vote with him against you. At least if you had attacked Mead, both talisman and eb would have been alive. We weren't 100% certain it was talisman, but more like 98%. Still, better than killing eb and making it 100%.
                              RIP

                              Comment

                              • JurseyRider734
                                lil j the bad b-word
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 7507

                                #30
                                Re: TWG XXVII Postgame

                                If he tried to attack Mead, it would have failed, because he was the wolfsbane. rofl good one
                                Originally posted by Arch0wl
                                I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                                the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                                Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                                Comment

                                Working...