TWG XIX Postgame (sorry for the delay >_>)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omeganitros
    auauauau
    • Jun 2003
    • 8897

    #16
    TPS, when you sent that PM to everyone and said it was you, I started roaring in laughter. I said to myself, "This guy is a crazy son of a bitch! What the heck is he up to!?" and just laughed and laughed and laughed.

    When he told me the guardian contacted him, it immediately stopped. When he told me to wolf him, I said to myself, "Wow....This guy is a crazy son of a bitch." But this time there was awe in my voice, not amusement.

    TPS, I have no regrets to how I played, however poorly it was. I have no regrets on deciding to act as a human to the very very end, even though my role would be revealed and there was no chance of changing votes. When you gave me the opportunity by trying and change some votes, I have no regrets in telling you to cut it out and let me die. There was no way I was gonna let you risk your secure position with the humans, just to try and save me. It wouldn't have worked, anyways. I have no regrets, and I hope you don't either. It was a Great Fucking Game.

    And in my books, you, TPS, have won this game's MVP award.





    Enjoy your Omega Trophy. You earned it.

    Comment

    • evilbutterfly
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2003
      • 5784

      #17
      You guys have no idea how happy I was when I saw Afro vote against TPS halfway through Day 1. I was like "YES!! TRUSTING YOUR GUT AND GETTING STUFF DONE FINALLY!! YAY CHRIS!!" I was thoroughly angered when he pulled a 180 and guarded TPS. I could have cried thinking about that too much. But I'm glad he won. He did a lot this game, I think. Every time I talked to TPS it was like "man, Afro is still on my back, I gotta do something about this QUICK!" May be Afro will finally get some recognition, now? *shrug*

      PS: Did you guys like the role revealing? I know some people hate it, but do you think it made the game more interesting or what? I would like if the next host did that so I can play in a game with it, but I guess it can't happen if you all hate it. Opinions plz kthx!
      So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

      In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

      So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
      And I write the blog for their website.

      Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

      Comment

      • talisman
        Resident Penguin
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2003
        • 4598

        #18
        I would also like to say that this game was excellent in terms of activity and posting... I would recommend to all future hosts to insert something into the game so that on day one there's a little more to discuss than the first kill. we got lucky with the pm thing.

        Comment

        • Omeganitros
          auauauau
          • Jun 2003
          • 8897

          #19
          I think the Role Revealing was pretty darn cool. I wouldn't like it every game I played, but it was a fun way to mix things up from the traditional stuff that goes on.





          Also, I so want a remastering of the flash movies, with sounds effects, voice acting, and background music. It would own.

          Comment

          • dAnceguy117
            new hand moves = dab
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2002
            • 10103

            #20
            Wow, awesome game. Lotsa fun.. that is, until I died. Poo.

            Night 1 I'm looking at the list of people playing trying to decide who to seer. Tass and Hans both have a good chance of getting wolfed, so I go down a bit further and find ap. Sent in the PM to later find out the wolves used the same reasoning, except replace being wolfed with being guarded. Learning curve, people, learning curve.

            Day 1 was.. yeah.. weird. I miscounted stuff, and people started looking at me.. but then they went all ADD and forgot. I wasn't really sure what to do when I saw Tps' PM posted. I had a whole second-username PM all typed up and ready to send to LD. Somewhere along the lines of finishing the last sentence and moving the mouse to the Submit button, I changed my mind and deleted the thing, which probably ended up saving my ass. I was trying to think of a plan to get the PM person to come out, knowing they would be a wolf.. and then checked the forums and discovered that Tass had done it for me. Bravo.

            Jesus, mom's yelling at me to come to dinner.. I'll edit in more later.

            EDIT: Ew, that hamburger was kinda bad..

            Okay, so night 2 I decide to seer Tass and stuff. I know Tps got guarded day 2, and Omega got lynched (props to Qreepy/LD/Eric). It was an eventful day, just not for me in particular. I don't remember doing too much in specific.

            Oh wait, that's right, I PMed Tps that day. I had an odd feeling there was something up with him, but I pushed that feeling aside. I went on the assumption that the guardian wouldn't have come to him before guarding him, but I guess I was wrong.

            Night 3 I seered Hans/Flux. I wasn't too surprised when he came back human; there was still a good chance he was the MW.

            Day 3.. who got lynched day 3? It was CStar, wasn't it? Meh, I dunno.. but that was the day that roopert made himself noticable to me. He seemed absolutely insulted and angry and stuff when a couple people tried to put him in the spotlight.

            Night 4 I seered roopert, of course. I did try to contact Tps, but if he had started telling me not to seer roop I probably would've flipped out on him or something. I really wanted to seer him.

            Day 4 roop gets insta'd quickly. Somewhere along the lines, Tps tells me on AIM he really was SinSinSalibin. A big reason I thought he was human was because I thought he wasn't SinSin. Once he told me this I started interrogating him and stuff, which was really stupid because I was planning on coming out as the seer the next day and telling everyone to keep an eye out for Tps. I think I was going to say he should go after nforcer if the game is still going.

            I really should've known he was a wolf here, though. Day 1 I knew for sure whoever SinSin was had to be a wolf, but my thoughts on him dwindled and weren't terribly strong by late day 4. I learned from it though, so that's coo.

            I didn't even know Afro was the guardian until he posted the PM he sent, Tps :P Ah well, I had a good time. Great game everyone. props2tps for almost pulling this out. majorprops2eb4 the awesomely awesome story.

            Comment

            • talisman
              Resident Penguin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4598

              #21
              about the role revealing... it's a double edged sword.

              on the one hand, it gave us soooo much info to work with there was always something to talk about.

              on the other it made the game biased towards the humans. the master wolf was obviously added as a counterbalance and honestly if things had worked out any other way this game would have been piss easy for the humans. I think a fourteen person game with the same roles would be better. If that were the case... this game would have literally come down to the last day instead of the second to last day.

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #22
                I typed this up like 2 days ago or whatever just after the game ended. Surely some of the things I wrote are now irrelevent, but I don't care enough to go through and change things.

                First of all, I want to say something about the format of the stories. I loved it, but there were many times I found myself not wanting to wait for an update just to see a flash. I'd rather just know. The end game is one of these examples; sure it's funny and awesome, but to force us to wait for a postgame thread is kind of silly, especially since Tps admitted to it over AIM as soon as he was insta'd so we knew it was over right away.

                Secondly, no one is allowed to mention the fact that I saved Tps and nearly caused us to lose because of this.

                Just kidding. Actually, Tps got me to believe he was the seer by indirectly stating things that made him sound like he's the seer (If anyone cares, say something and I'll post a log from day 1) and I figured "bingo instant blue alliance." So, I came out to Tps. After this, we came up with the plan to get Tps wolfed knowing I'd guard him. The thing I didn't count on was Tps being a wolf and attacking himself.

                Thirdly, I know I messed up by coming out day 1 to a wolf. But guess what. I cleaned up my mess, so I don't think it really matters, since I did learn my lesson. This was, after all, my first game as guardian, or even blue for that matter.

                Fourthly, as I'm sure you're all aware, there were so many firsts this game. Just a quick list off the top of my head:
                First game with a saved wolf
                First game with two guardian saves
                First game with a saved individual being lynched
                Also, has the guardian ever survived for so long with the wolves knowing their identity? Tps knew my role day 1. We made it to... what... like day 8? Crazy.

                Also, I believe someone also said this was the longest TWG in the history of TWGs. It's too bad we didn't make it to 50 pages

                Fifthly, I have a few comments I want to say to some people (and by "some people" I mean everyone):

                aperson: You died day 1. I almost gaurded you, but then I went for Hans instead. Well, you win some and you loss some, but thankfully, we won this one.

                Jurs: You didn't do much this game, but I can tell you this much. You are terrible at fake crying.

                Hans: Didn't you get replaced? Don't sign up if you can't play.

                Flux: replaced Hans right? I can hardly even remember. This is why replacements should be dissallowed. By the way, what the flux? Seriously, you better never play TWG again.

                Kilga: You really had no ulterior motives for the IP check, eh? It's too bad.

                Cstar: See the comment above directed at flux. Replace flux's name with yours and Hans' name with Kilga.

                Talisman: Good game. You should have waited to insta Tps though. Even though I had faith I was right, it wasn't worth risking if I was wrong. Lucky me though, I was right. You'd have been lynched the next day, too.

                Mead1: Oh yea, you were playing this game too. What happened?

                Qreepy: Good job on pegging Omega with no evidence. Those are the pegs that I love the most. When there is absolutely no actual evidence for it, but you just know you're right anyway. Seriously, What the hell was so suspicious of Omega? I saw ABSOLUTELY nothing pointing to him being a wolf. Honestly, looking back, you look more wolfy than him.

                Tass: it's too bad you died. You might have been able to help pull out the win easier and sooner

                LD: While your post about "TWG WE KNOW DRAMA" was mildly humorous, it was not even needed. I can't even think of you of having been in this game. This game really was too long. You got wolfed, right?

                dAnce: You should have been helping me when I called Tps on being a wolf day 2. Sure, I was partially joking, but you HAD to be suspicious too. Also, I have two questions for you...
                #1: Why didn't you wonder why Tps didn't tell you who the guardian is? Or did he tell you it was Omega or Roopert or something?
                #2:Why did you seer Roopert?

                Afrobean: Good game, mother trucker.

                Tps: Good game. You really had me a few times there. It is kind of funny that I chose the master wolf of all people to come out to.

                Roopert: You didn't do much other than get seer'd and lynched. for you.

                Omega: You didn't do much other than... well you just got lynched. Not much else really. for you, too.

                Imeric: Seriously, when are we going to AFC? PS good game. The best part for you was probably being saved. I still think it's funny that Tps was saying things about maybe you being a wolf or something.

                Vash: see Hans' comment.

                nforcer: Silly nforcer. I was so sure for a while there that you were the wolf. Stop being wolfy.

                And of course, I can't forget our host:
                eb: Great work. You better host again soon. I wanna play the blind game.

                Any questions, feel free to ask.
                Also, comments for what's been posted while I was away from FFR:

                @Tass for saying it was bad for me to come out: Tps seemed like the seer to me. Seer+guardian=awesomeness. I don't regret coming out to him. I only regret guarding him. But, if I hadn't come out and told him I was guarding him, he would have wolfed me right away, and I didn't set up a backup at all on day1.

                Either way, if this hadn't played out the way it did, I don't know if we would have won. Anyway, I think it's better this way. More interesting

                Did eb give out a MVP ?

                PS I agree about role revealing being a double edge sword. Wolves can much more easily make themselves look human by not voting to lynch a human that's in the lead, or voting on their wolf counterpart if they're in the lead. It helps the humans too, though, because they'll know if they got a wolf. Also, knowing when blues have died is good info for both sides to have.

                Comment

                • Tps222
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 6169

                  #23
                  That's what it was. dAnce realized I wasn't sinsin, even though I posted it.

                  Omega, I'm sigging that, that's the best award I've ever gotten *sniff*

                  Though, if there is an MVP, give it to Afro, he deserves it WAY more than I do.

                  Comment

                  • GuidoHunter
                    is against custom titles
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 7371

                    #24
                    That game was downright RIDICULOUS, all thanks to Tps.

                    At the beginning, when I found out that he was SinSin, I thought, "This is a terrible idea; the humans are already on to him." Then, when things didn't go as well as planned and he was thinking about coming out as SinSin, I thought, "This is an even worse idea; he's going to get caught red-handed and instalynched. There is no way he'll pull this off."

                    Then, when his plan succeeded beyond all reason, I just let my jaw drop. I was confounded as to how the humans didn't pick up on him. All the signs pointed at WOLF but y'all ate up his ad-hoc excuses.

                    Then he got guarded. Holy crap.

                    Of course, then was his downfall. Not wolfing Afro was most definitely the most crucial part.

                    ---------------------------

                    @eb: I really didn't like the role-revealing idea. Like talisman said, it gave the humans loads of information and, above all, assurance. They could be SURE that someone was a wolf or a green when they analyzed posts and they could be SURE that only one of the remaining players was a wolf. I think the game should keep people on their toes more and not be so trusting.

                    Oh yeah, and get on those signups; I wanna host. =)

                    --Guido


                    Originally posted by Grandiagod
                    Originally posted by Grandiagod
                    She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                    Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                    Comment

                    • Kilgamayan
                      Super Scooter Happy
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2003
                      • 6583

                      #25
                      The most annoying thing about the IP check was that I knew Tps was a wolf after talking to him for about 5 minutes after it.

                      Damn my curiosity.
                      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Afrobean
                        #1: Why didn't you wonder why Tps didn't tell you who the guardian is? Or did he tell you it was Omega or Roopert or something?
                        Wow. I have no idea D: I usually expect that because the saved person can't be 100% sure, it makes certain no one leaks crap, blah blah blah. None of that really applied so I don't know why I didn't pick up on it.

                        Why didn't I attack him day 2?

                        -I thought yours was a safety vote, by the time I learned it wasn't it was pretty much too late.
                        -It would've looked weird as hell. I didn't want to risk that.

                        I really should've come out as the seer day 4, though. I realized that a little while after I died. Uncoo.

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #27
                          afro I couldn't wait... I had to wake up the next day earlier to drive the remaining hour of my trip to college... I literally got on, skimmed the thread, saw the situation, and was like "fuck it, I don't want to die. but if it is qreepy, well too bad. I won't care when I'm in college anyways. I'm gonna insta tps' ass."

                          it was eb letting tps send in a kill ahead of time that was holding me back... I believed the camping story and I didn't think that you could send in kills early. (which twc imo should rule on for future games). otherwise all the evidence pointed to tps.

                          Comment

                          • GuidoHunter
                            is against custom titles
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 7371

                            #28
                            Wait, it's always been known that you could send in PMs early or conspire with the host to update at a certain time, which is why nobody every puts stock in the "Well, these people were online when the thread updated" argument.

                            --Guido


                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                            Comment

                            • Tasselfoot
                              Retired BOSS
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 25185

                              #29
                              What Guido said. Anyone can send in a PM early, etc.

                              Also dAnce.... WHY DID YOU NOT FOLLOW MY PLAN ON DAY 1??!?!?!?! You posted here that I gave you a great plan. And, what... I specifically said, if the seer did NOT send the PM, to come out anyways... they'd be a confirmed human. Afro would go to you, NOT TPS... and the whole game would have been different.

                              It likely would have gotten TPS lynched day 1 too, as most of us figured it was him or LD who made the PM, more leaning to TPS. But instead, you kept quiet. Plus, I was right in that the person sending the PM had to be the seer or a wolf. It wasn't the seer (in fact, the person the wolves attacked WAS the seer!), so it had to be a wolf. Bingo. TPS comes out as the author of the stuff on day 2, you say you didn't have a part in it, bang. Dead TPS. That was another huge mistake, along with Afro's telling TPS.

                              In the end it all worked out.... but those early mistakes were very costly in the long run.

                              As far as role revealing... When I'm human, I LOVE it. Should I be a wolf... it'll make things REALLY interesting. Same as when I'm human I loathe the MW, but when I'm the MW, I love it. I'm still waiting for the game when I'm a wolf and I get seered as a wolf. THAT will be fun. Then again, as I've mentioned it so many times now, I could see myself being the seer and seering a wolf, then the wolf tries to attack me... and we're in that "he said/he said" battle.
                              RIP

                              Comment

                              • talisman
                                Resident Penguin
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • May 2003
                                • 4598

                                #30
                                huh. I thought pms could only be sent during the night. well I'll have to keep that in mind.

                                Comment

                                Working...