TWG XIX Postgame (sorry for the delay >_>)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • evilbutterfly
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2003
    • 5784

    #31
    TPS came to me very upset saying that he had to go camping. He asked if I could just make the days and nights really long (since I can just blame me being lazy, because that had already happened before) and I told him to just send in the PMs early. I didn't know how long/short the days would be, so he sent in his next 3 kills. Actually, he sent me like 4-5 PMs, because he kept changing his mind. That was a tad annoying, but I figured it was better to have him do that than to replace him or just give him phantoms.

    Also, it may just be me, but I got the impression that Tass didn't do much this game. Somebody (I forget who, as usual) said may be it's because he wasn't in the alliance and was, therefore, not able to do much of anything. I mean, yes, he still contributed, but other than his plan on Day 1, he didn't do his usual pushing around and making stuff happen. Other people, however, did A WHOLE DAMN LOT! I'm proud of you guys for getting things done, and I'm glad Tass didn't play a huge this game. Not that I hate Tass or anything, just that I'm glad you all are finally thinking for yourselves and not relying on people (like Tass) anymore.
    So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

    In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

    So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
    And I write the blog for their website.

    Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

    Comment

    • CStarFlare
      FFR Player
      • May 2004
      • 231

      #32
      Flux: replaced Hans right? I can hardly even remember. This is why replacements should be dissallowed. By the way, what the flux? Seriously, you better never play TWG again.

      Cstar: See the comment above directed at flux. Replace flux's name with yours and Hans' name with Kilga.
      What? You say that like I was just like Flux and was never active which is total bullshit.

      When Kilga told me TPS was the master wolf (after I got lynched) I laughed for like 10 minutes. It was that awesome. TPS should have won. : (

      PS: This was the only TWG in recent memory that I have actually been really interested in as a human. The revealing roles thing really made it a lot more bearable, even fun, to be human because it's much less like wandering around in the dark. I would probably be less fond of it if I were a competent human, but it's still pretty cool regardless.
      Originally posted by taren
      O AND FIERFOCKS SUX IT IS FULL OF SPIWAR. BRB POPUPS

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #33
        Also, it may just be me, but I got the impression that Tass didn't do much this game. Somebody (I forget who, as usual) said may be it's because he wasn't in the alliance and was, therefore, not able to do much of anything. I mean, yes, he still contributed, but other than his plan on Day 1, he didn't do his usual pushing around and making stuff happen. Other people, however, did A WHOLE DAMN LOT! I'm proud of you guys for getting things done, and I'm glad Tass didn't play a huge this game. Not that I hate Tass or anything, just that I'm glad you all are finally thinking for yourselves and not relying on people (like Tass) anymore.
        Well... things I did this game: Plan day 1, that would have been huge had dAnce not completely ignored it. Talked alot with TPS (as I talk to him EVERY twg). Talked with Afro alot once TPS told me that Afro was the guardian on day 5. Feel responsible for the lynchings of CStar, Flux, and nForcer... our 3 replacements. All of whom I pushed for and got lynched.

        So, I did my usual stuff... 3/8 lynchings were my doing. My plan day 1 kept me alive a while... *shrugs*, but in the big picture... I didn't get a wolf. Props to dAnce, Qreepy, and especially Afro.

        As I said a few times during the game... I was fairly busy with setting up and starting out my business. Its running fairly smooth now, but 2 weeks ago... we were doing alot of running around for it. It distracted me alot from TWG, although that is no excuse.
        RIP

        Comment

        • evilbutterfly
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2003
          • 5784

          #34
          But you have to admit, compared to how much you usually put into the game, you were barely there this time. And you also have to admit that everybody did a fine job without you. :P

          PS: I'm never hosting again, most likely. And if I do host, I'm never doing the flash things again, unless they look like Afro's pictures that he plans on doing. However, I'm not good enough with verbal humor for any sort of goodness to come out of that.

          PPS: I made a lot of mistakes as host. I forgot to tell the wolves who the other wolves were, I forgot to specify which was the master, I didn't have a set number of hours per day (I just kinda pulled deadlines outta my ass), I messed up that one story with the wrong name, and I probably did more other stuff that I just forgot. But yeah, all the mistakes and having to make sure everything was right means I really don't wanna host again.
          So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

          In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

          So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
          And I write the blog for their website.

          Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #35
            I have given props where they are deserved in my previous posts.
            RIP

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #36
              Originally posted by eb
              I'm never hosting again, most likely.
              Even for the blind game? Could you pass on the hosting of that game to someone else then? I'm sure others would be willing to host a game of that nature.

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #37
                Wait, Tass, did I completely misread your plan day 1 or something? Wasn't it that if SinSin came out personally I would get lynched, and if they didn't I would be a confirmed human, but somewhere along the lines people bought Tps' story and said I didn't have to be a human? Maybe I missed a post of yours after it.. I thought I read everything though. I dunno.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Tass on page 4
                  So, clearly... if this is fake, dAnce is human, and no one will come forward. Or, if it is fake, the real seer COULD come forward, but that would make things alot more complicated (trust me, I could go into it, but I won't)... so we'll stick with no one comes forward.
                  Hehe... stupid me for NOT going into it. Wish someone would have been like.. "well Tass, could you go into it anyway?" Hindsight is always 20/20. Bleh.

                  Plus, remember dAnce, you were wolfed not lynched... so, you had at least SOME clout. Be it from the PM or otherwise. Besides the fact that YOU knew TPS was full of shit, should have come forward much faster. Oh well. We live and learn.

                  Good lesson kiddies... the ONLY people who will say they are a blue is either the real blue or a wolf. Well, early in a game that is. I've seen a few occasions where greens have claimed to be blue/red for various reasons, but always late in a game.

                  Another good lesson... when there is a guardian, its ok (not great, but ok) for the seer to reveal himself, ESPECIALLY if it gives a wolf kill on day 1 and therefore an alliance with the guardian afterwards.

                  Finally, let me repeat for the 3rd straight postgame that I've been apart of... DO NOT REVEAL YOURSELF NIGHT 1 TO ANYONE IF YOU ARE BLUE. IF YOU ARE THE GUARDIAN, DO NOT TELL THE PERSON WHO YOU ARE GUARDING BEFORE YOU GUARD THEM, UNLESS IT IS 100% CERTAIN THEY ARE HUMAN. Even then, if you can get away with not telling anyone, don't.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #39
                    I had never been guardian, or even blue before. Like you said, "We live and learn." I've learned my lesson now, so don't expect any further actions like those I exhibited day 1 to ever occur from me again.

                    Anyway, like I said before, it doesn't really matter. We got the victory anyway and it made for a much more interesting game.

                    Comment

                    • vashthestampede0987
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 2997

                      #40
                      Yeah guys, I apologize for that replacement. I'll probably end up playing during the summer when I'm not busy. GG though.
                      Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                      I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                      Originally posted by Synthlight
                      I hate myself.

                      Cheers,

                      Synthlight
                      xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                      xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #41
                        Originally posted by vashthestampede0987
                        Yeah guys, I apologize for that replacement. I'll probably end up playing during the summer when I'm not busy. GG though.
                        >

                        Ah, gotcha Tass. I should've looked into that. There were a lot of things I passed up on. Thought I tried as well as I could to conceal it, I think I played pretty conservatively (sounds weird as a non-red, but I think you get what I'm saying) because I didn't want to screw something up really badly.

                        Comment

                        • Tps222
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 6169

                          #42
                          You coming out would have screwed me real bad. Thanks

                          Comment

                          • DarkManticoreX2
                            TWG Overlord
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 7355

                            #43
                            Re: TWG XIX Postgame (sorry for the delay >_&gt

                            Archived 5-13-2014 4:07 PM EST
                            AAA's = 800

                            Originally posted by V
                            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                            Comment

                            Working...