TWGXVIII Postgame: Evil Prevails

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omeganitros
    auauauau
    • Jun 2003
    • 8897

    #31
    GG wolvesies. Me and FishFish had a discussion about how fishy Guido was starting to look, after he said we should keep blahblah alive longer. And then that was it, we never said anyhting about it, because we (or at least I) had my eyes glued on Chardish. He was way underactive after he "proved his humanity."

    Comment

    • vashthestampede0987
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2004
      • 2997

      #32
      I hate you all. I hate you all so very much.
      Omega owes me [1] omega favor
      I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


      Originally posted by Synthlight
      I hate myself.

      Cheers,

      Synthlight
      xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
      xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

      Comment

      • User6773

        #33
        1) We really fsked up as humans, but with all 3 blues dead on the first 3 nights, what can you expect?

        2) Tass seems like he hasn't been in pompous TWG asshole mode lately, so I think he should play in 19.

        3) Jursey should never host ever again unless she's willing to put more time into her story posts.

        4) Props to Afro for never being suspected.

        5) I would have been more active but around Day 6 it was like "everyone left is either a wolf or an idiot."

        6) Stupidity ban for Deltro pls?

        Comment

        • talisman
          Resident Penguin
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2003
          • 4598

          #34
          first four nights I believe, and yes to 6.

          Comment

          • Tps222
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2004
            • 6169

            #35
            O yea Chardish, no one EVER supected Afro, EVER.

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #36
              eb... I really don't want to go and feud with you. Its just we see things so differently. And, while I do agree with what your post said about teamwork, activity, etc etc... you're being rather hypocritical about it, considering the post I made earlier in the thread about you and afro (which you completely neglected to respond to). No need to repeat myself... if you want to know what I said, re-read it on page 2.

              Also... whatever works for you guys. If it works for you to read a post and not know who wrote it until afterwards... go for it. But to me, that seems like having sex with a random chick with a blindfold on. I want to know what I'm getting myself into before I commit to the action. I read every post in a game I'm playing it, but my attitude and thought process is different based on who wrote the post. It reminds me of an article I read the other day by Phil Gordon (a professional poker player, host of Bravo's Celebrity Poker Showdown, ESPN columnest, etc). It was about the levels of thought involved in a hand of poker. And how a player must change their thought process based upon their opponent. If he is playing against a "n00b", he only needs to think to a 2nd level, because they will likely only be thinking on the 1st... but if he is playing against Phil Hellmuth or Phil Ivey or Doyle Brunson, he needs to either think to the 4th or 5th level (aka... what do I have, what do I think he has, What do I think he thinks I have, what do I think he thinks that I think that he has... etc) or the 1st... either out think them, or play so under them that it is completely unexpected. Generally they do the former.

              What I'm getting at is... if I'm reading a post from Deltro or ddrruler, I expect the obvious, or the obvious bluff. I'm not going to get some deep insightful play, or constructive advice. I read it and think, "oh. ok... he is full of sh*t. I'll ignore that and chalk it to stupidity", whereas everyone else goes, "oh... that is so dumb, he must be a wolf!". Then, if I read a post by talisman, alain, blah... I try to read into the post. Read it 3 or 4 times, figure out WHY he is saying what he is saying, not just reading what he says. I've been known to do crazy things, and there is always a reason. The true "top tier" player will not only read into the WHY of posts, but will have a reason for every post he/she makes.

              Its not necessarily about being more active... its about being more constructive.

              I hope that this post not only helps some of you to see TWG in a new light and have a new way of thinking, but also can see why I am able to figure things out... or at least, I believe it is why I am able to figure many things out. All ego aside.

              PS - Thanks to my supporters. I'm an ass, but ya gotta love me. :-* I'm like 1 part Stiffler and 1 part Finch.
              RIP

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #37
                Props to Afro for never being suspected.
                People keep saying this... but it's not true.

                Tps called me on it early in the game. Thankfully though he was lynched and his ideas were ignored completely.

                Ha! I just realized something... an epiphany of sorts... what happened to tps is exactly what happens to me whenever I call a wolf out. Funny how it feels good to be on this side of the ordeal when I know how crappy it makes me feel on the other side.

                Comment

                • Tps222
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 6169

                  #38
                  I remembered when we were playing MS, and I was like, your either the pyschic or a wolf. You played it pretty calm, good job.

                  It seems that I have suspected Guido last game as well, this time at least I was right. I never suspected Kilga, he just got screwed over by stupid bandwagoners.

                  Please people, don't be afraid to disagree for the fear of being lynched, share your thoughts, bandwagons on no evidence to perserve yourself is cowardice and doesn't help the humans at all.

                  On that note, when does the next game start?

                  Comment

                  • GuidoHunter
                    is against custom titles
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 7371

                    #39
                    Good question, Tps. Jurs is supposed to handle signups, but I'm interested in hosting a game, as well as eb, so we'll need host votes as well.

                    --Guido


                    Originally posted by Grandiagod
                    Originally posted by Grandiagod
                    She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                    Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                    Comment

                    • JurseyRider734
                      lil j the bad b-word
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 7507

                      #40
                      Originally posted by chardish
                      3) Jursey should never host ever again unless she's willing to put more time into her story posts.

                      Pull the stick out of your ass.

                      From what I recall it doesn't matter what the stories are. Do you recall the game blah hosted? Go back and read his stories, jerk.
                      Originally posted by Arch0wl
                      I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                      the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                      Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                      Comment

                      • Kilgamayan
                        Super Scooter Happy
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 6583

                        #41
                        Originally posted by Kilgamayan
                        I personally question the idea that Tps is a wolf. I've thought about doing what he's doing on more than one occasion, just "for shits and giggles", as he put it. I don't see him as a wolf so much as someone who is going to have as much fun as possible as they're escorted from the building by security.
                        8)

                        Admittedly I knew he wasn't, but still.
                        I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                        Comment

                        • evilbutterfly
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2003
                          • 5784

                          #42
                          you're being rather hypocritical about it, considering the post I made earlier in the thread about you and afro (which you completely neglected to respond to).
                          Which one?

                          EDIT 2: eb, YOU HAVE THE SMALLEST PAIR OF TESTICLES I'VE EVER SEEN. Jesus christ... "I don't want to attack a friend." DON'T F-ING PLAY TWG IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE WILLING TO ATTACK ANYONE. Anyone can be a wolf, anyone WILL be a wolf... and you have to be willing to vote them. Your actions were a large reason as to why the humans lost.... clearly there were many other reasons, but yours were not so tiny. Grow up or go home. You may not like me because I brag... well, if that is your attitude, then I don't like you either. This is a game to win. Friendship comes second.
                          That one? Oh yeah, definitely didn't respond to it by saying:

                          I don't trust my gut. I thought Chris was acting oddly, but I chalked it up to you being gone and that may be he was finally getting better at the game and not being so passive as he usually is. He hadn't played for a while either. Because I was close to him, I knew all the excuses he could've used even if I had accused him, and I defended him in my mind. If I had known he had no excuses, I would have attacked him. Plus, after I told him I was the psychic (and I told him when I was the guardian, and he was a wolf then, too! rofl) I figured it'd be best to act at ease with him. When I got wolfed by him one time, he said he wanted to keep me alive, since I might let him into the circle of humanly trust and he could kill people. I figured the same would hold true this game, so I at least pretended to trust him. Why do you think I was the 3rd blue to die despite being the first one they knew about?
                          Don't even tell me I'm not reading everything. =P

                          And Tass, you basically said exactly what I said. But I said it a lot more concisely:

                          Don't judge statements based solely on what you think of the person, judge the statements by themselves, then use whatever personal motives the person might have for saying them in order to gain perspective as to why they would say them.
                          You seem to put more stress on the person, I put more stress on what they're saying. Well, that's the order I go in, which is backwards from you, it seems. The thing is, you're not some genius person. You just are good at knowing people's weird idiosyncrasies, and are pretty good at reading people. Any idiot can do that. It's an inborn skill. I don't read people nearly as well. Even my friends, I have a hard time figuring them out sometimes. Hence why I don't trust my gut instincts. I wish I inherited my mom's knack for figuring people out. All I got was her bad memory and trouble with names, so I get people confused and forget things they've done. I'm really not suited for this game at all, but I make up for it (kind of) by being active and speaking my mind freely (unlike a lot of people).

                          Originally posted by afro
                          However, I think I'm going to keep this false humanism even when I really am human. It will at the very least keep me alive.
                          Or get you wolfed a lot quicker in order to silence you. UNLESS EVERYBODY DOES THE SAME THING, WHICH THEY SHOULD DO!!
                          So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                          In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                          So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                          And I write the blog for their website.

                          Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                          Comment

                          • GuidoHunter
                            is against custom titles
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 7371

                            #43
                            Y'know what I've noticed? NOBODY has cared to ask why we didn't wolf anyone that one night.

                            I mean, it didn't even cross my mind to explain it, but c'mon...

                            Turns out that we didn't have any strategy in mind. I hadn't talked to Afro and had limited computer time, so I just sent him a PM:

                            Originally posted by GuidoHunter
                            Hey, Kilga suggested wolfing Omega. I support the idea. Chardish made himself easy to implicate and we need to leave some players alive.

                            If you have another idea, I'm cool with that, so whatever you tell Jursey is fine with me.
                            [emphasis added] I figured that was a good enough signal for him to put in the PM to Jursey, but...

                            He sent a reply PM that I didn't get until after the day had started:

                            Originally posted by Afrobean
                            Omega is good. I agree with the idea completely.
                            Anyway, that was ridiculous, slightly embarassing, and could have screwed us at the end of the game. Oh well.

                            --Guido


                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #44
                              Yea, I love that we managed a win with two wolf losses and a missed wolfing. That's what really makes it awesome.

                              PS Am I the only one who liked Jurs' storied toward the end?

                              Comment

                              • Tasselfoot
                                Retired BOSS
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 25185

                                #45
                                I didn't ask about the lack of a wolfing because I asked you directly during the game, and the answer is obvious.

                                There is no reason at all to NOT kill someone, so the only solution was that you two did something that caused you do forget/miss sending in a PM. Which is what happened.

                                eb: ok. Again, don't want to have a big feud, so I'll just stick with "ok" and move on.
                                RIP

                                Comment

                                Working...