TWG CLV: Post-Game (Town wins!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Red Blaster
    Bridge Burner
    • Jun 2011
    • 2040

    #46
    Re: TWG CLV: Post-Game (Town wins!)

    Like literally every game every other person gets constructive criticism and positive feedback and then I just get dickishness. Every. Fucking. Game.
    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
    Originally posted by choof
    hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
    Originally posted by Funnygurl555
    what's a milky christmas :O

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #47
      Re: TWG CLV: Post-Game (Town wins!)

      Your strategy of being quiet... then going to a few select people about not knowing what your role is (if I recall from the first message you sent to me about it). Was already risky enough since you pretty much told me flat out that you were the jester.

      You still had a chance, but instead of just leaving it at me (and consequentially my mason bro since I tell him everything), you pretty much just flat out said it in the thread.

      I loved your attempts of a scare though. That was pretty good, heh.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #48
        Re: TWG CLV: Post-Game (Town wins!)

        Pretty much, as a Jester, you would want to claim anything BUT Jester.

        All ya needed to do was look at MafiaWiki and pick a scum/3rd party role of your choosing and go with it.


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • Xiz
          TWG Chaos
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2012
          • 3399

          #49
          Re: TWG CLV: Post-Game (Town wins!)

          Still salty

          Comment

          • thesunfan
            Role Tide
            Sectional Moderator
            • May 2011
            • 10859

            #50
            Re: TWG CLV: Post-Game (Town wins!)

            Originally posted by Charu
            Pretty much, as a Jester, you would want to claim anything BUT Jester.
            So, I'm not very knowledgeable about Jester, and honestly, I think its the stupidest role ever made, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

            I think Charu is right. Claiming Jester is not a good line to take as the jester.

            I think, in order to get yourself lynched, you need to make people want to lynch you, but you need them to think that they thought of the idea.

            Like, what I think you should've done is try and be more awkward out of thread. Be in calls but say shit you know is weird or bad.

            When people push on you, I think this is the thing a lot of jesters get wrong, don't fight back. You can kind of soft defend yourself, but don't do anything like posting walls or trying to refute points, make short posts in response to cases on you like "I don't really feel like I've done any of this" or just weird shit that means nothing.

            Idk.

            If I was in the game (Pete hates when I use this line), I wouldn't have wanted to lynch you. I think if the town knows a player is not aligned with them, they rightly are wary to want to work with him.

            Your plan of outing valuable information wasn't really something I think people were concerned with because
            a) literally half the people in the game weren't town
            b) people just don't want to negotiate with terrorists, especially in mystery games

            FWIW Jester is a REALLY hard role to play, you have to have an aura of self awareness that is through the roof, combined with an ability to know what others will perceive as being awkward.

            I get what you were going for, I think its just unlikely to ever work.
            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
            Originally posted by star-crossed
            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

            Comment

            • Xiz
              TWG Chaos
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2012
              • 3399

              #51
              Re: TWG CLV: Post-Game (Town wins!)

              ^ this

              Comment

              • ShadoWolfe
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2009
                • 171

                #52
                Re: TWG CLV: Post-Game (Town wins!)

                I do have to say though, while your threat of outing a player valuable to town (AA) did have me sweating, it basically confirmed you as the jester. At first, right after your claim, I thought you might be lying about jester and was considering lynching you. Then, every single followup action you took was consistently to try to get yourself lynched.

                If you had claimed jester and then made no further attempts at getting yourself lynched and just started participating normally, we might've assumed you were lying and gone for a lynch.

                Either way though, runescape flipping green confirmed you as jester, which is why I was shocked when you were nightkilled by non-town. Granted, I had tried to insinuate town-negative consequences for your kill in VC the night you died, but I don't know how much that played into the decision to kill you.





                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                Originally posted by XelNya
                " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                Originally posted by YoshL
                "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                Comment

                Working...