TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cedolad
    moonchild~
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2007
    • 6879

    #361
    Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

    We're still arguing about the whole lynching thing?

    Emerald you're getting sucked in a con man.

    dance, you think logical fallacies will win this game for you, wolf?

    Comment

    • dAnceguy117
      new hand moves = dab
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2002
      • 10103

      #362
      Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

      point out where I used a logical fallacy

      Comment

      • cedolad
        moonchild~
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jan 2007
        • 6879

        #363
        Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
        Originally posted by emerald000
        I seriously don't think Bynary is a wolf.
        this statement should imply that you seriously think Bynary is human. am I understanding correctly?
        ..

        Comment

        • cedolad
          moonchild~
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2007
          • 6879

          #364
          Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

          Comment

          • cedolad
            moonchild~
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2007
            • 6879

            #365
            Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

            Proper citations and the like.

            Comment

            • dAnceguy117
              new hand moves = dab
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2002
              • 10103

              #366
              Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

              don't even make me break out truth tables for you lol. "or" in the context of this boolean logic stuff means at least 1 of the 2 options.

              each player's alignment is at most 1 of the 2 options.

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #367
                Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                lol "at most" doesn't even make sense there. each player is exactly 1 of the 2 options.


                ANYWAY my whole idea there was, I was trying to figure out if I thought maybe bynary is human and emerald knew it already??? which would be a little spooky??? but nah I don't think I'm gonna go out on that limb here.

                Comment

                • cedolad
                  moonchild~
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 6879

                  #368
                  Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                  Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                  don't even make me break out truth tables for you lol. "or" in the context of this boolean logic stuff means at least 1 of the 2 options.

                  each player's alignment is at most 1 of the 2 options.
                  You and I both know damn well this a lie, we're in C9++ buddy. You've been in defense mode the entire Day phase. Instead of arguing about who to lynch, why don't you make a move? Or are you just hesitating?

                  What are you hiding?

                  Comment

                  • dAnceguy117
                    new hand moves = dab
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10103

                    #369
                    Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                    oh are you alluding to the possible existence of a serial killer? well you can still think of 2 options as protown and antitown. either way, if I think someone is protown, then I don't think they're antitown. and vice versa.

                    explain "make a move" for me please, I just put a 4th vote on bynary and then didn't switch when a 5th came

                    Comment

                    • emerald000
                      the Mathemagician~
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 1320

                      #370
                      Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                      I'm going out for the day. I'll try logging back in near lynch time to finalize the day.

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #371
                        Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                        ok this is bothering me lol.
                        The fallacy lies in concluding that one disjunct must be false because the other disjunct is true; in fact they may both be true because "or" is defined inclusively rather than exclusively. It is a fallacy of equivocation between the operations OR and XOR.
                        if you're talking about one player's alignment, then your operation is exclusive or (XOR), because a player cannot be both protown and antitown. that's why this doesn't apply to what I said.





                        back on topic

                        my vote is on bynary fission. there are only a couple of other lynches I would go for. I'm not expecting to move my vote.

                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #372
                          Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                          ok back from lit, catching wolves.
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • YoshL
                            Celestial Harbor
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 6156

                            #373
                            Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                            Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                            humans will *probably* die. mislynches will *probably* happen. that doesn't mean we want those things to happen.

                            information is good, but twiddling your thumbs until a sign from the heavens falls into your lap is the same thing as not playing. you get more information as you go IF you play the game.

                            humans should try to lynch their wolf reads because why would you not lynch someone you think is a wolf? why would you protect them?
                            well that's what I'm getting at. You need to go get information. Lynch your wolf reads. Just don't be so fucking afraid to push into a lynch because you want to kill a wolf not a human.


                            Originally posted by Charu
                            Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                            Comment

                            • MeaCulpa
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 841

                              #374
                              Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                              Sorry, only had time to read through everything and have to leave again. Just want to address one thing:

                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              I forget who my vote is on so MeaCulpa. As for something I'd like you to clear up; have you played this game before on another site? Are you nervous about this game?
                              Never played online before. A couple games of mafia IRL, but that's it. Not thrilled that my name keeps coming up in day 1, but I wouldn't say I'm nervous about this game, either. Not gonna get worked up if you guys decide to lynch me, but if I'm suspicious-looking because of something I said or did, I'd love to clarify since I don't have anything to hide.

                              Comment

                              • thesunfan
                                Role Tide
                                Sectional Moderator
                                • May 2011
                                • 10859

                                #375
                                Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

                                ok, after re-reading the thread, my list has changed about as much as I expected it to, but the person that still stands out to me the most is emerald. He and my two other slight red-leans (Silvuh and psychoangel) are my wishlist for the lynch today. Really looking for people like sora and Velo to step up their posting and contribute more though.
                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                                Originally posted by XelNya
                                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                                Originally posted by star-crossed
                                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                                Comment

                                Working...