TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • j-rodd123
    End of the road
    • Oct 2006
    • 3692

    #1306
    Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

    jrodd, perhaps that was a bit hasty, but yeah i really do like that idea atm

    Originally posted by FictionJunction
    wow

    Comment

    • j-rodd123
      End of the road
      • Oct 2006
      • 3692

      #1307
      Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

      but then again we had good players who really thought jayde was a wolf who are dead and confirmed now, i.e danceguy/tps so can't just ignore that

      Originally posted by FictionJunction
      wow

      Comment

      • Vendetta21
        Sectional Moderator
        Sectional Moderator
        • Aug 2006
        • 2745

        #1308
        Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

        yes i can tps wasn't paying very close attention and danceguy has had no clarity or consistency in the way he was thinking

        Comment

        • DarkManticoreX2
          TWG Overlord
          • Apr 2005
          • 7355

          #1309
          Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

          While we're taking advantage of our ability to place a vote on someone, we should probably note that svaz's phantom will make her lynchable if she gets a vote put on her.

          So don't do that unless you're super confident in her being a wolf.
          AAA's = 800

          Originally posted by V
          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

          Comment

          • j-rodd123
            End of the road
            • Oct 2006
            • 3692

            #1310
            Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

            lol ugh my original plan was guarding danceguy last night since he definitely guarded me, so if they just wanted to get rid of him they woulda attacked him and been blocked. however it wasnt worth it since they could attack me and get a blue kill either way, so i decided against it even though theres a decent chance it wouldve worked. my next pick was actually manti because like you, i thought he was a wolf. unfortunately i pussied out and randomd it between the "low hanging fruit" as you put it. maybe lynching the low hanging fruit would be a problem since everyone has them as a wolf or unsure and they havent been getting pressure

            Originally posted by FictionJunction
            wow

            Comment

            • j-rodd123
              End of the road
              • Oct 2006
              • 3692

              #1311
              Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

              wouldn't be such a problem*

              Originally posted by FictionJunction
              wow

              Comment

              • mellonxcollie
                Sectional Moderator
                Sectional Moderator
                • Dec 2006
                • 1304

                #1312
                Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

                Can anybody explain to me why Charu is cleared, exactly?
                Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                Comment

                • j-rodd123
                  End of the road
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3692

                  #1313
                  Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

                  he's not cleared, i just think other targets come first, if you think otherwise then plz say so

                  Originally posted by FictionJunction
                  wow

                  Comment

                  • mellonxcollie
                    Sectional Moderator
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 1304

                    #1314
                    Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

                    Ah I see, I don't really think too much otherwise since he also seems human to me. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything

                    Narrowing down from your wolf picks is hard. Removing myself leaves only four people, and honestly I could see any of them being wolves. I think the first lynch should definitely be Jayde or Manti who have been giving wolf vibes from the start. I could see V being a wolf too but honestly, I don't think we should let Svaz fly under the radar.

                    About Charu: he is giving off human vibes to me. That being said it is possible that he is using the fact that he is a new player to his advantage. ie asking if he can post a PM validates that he is human, since he didn't know the rules. It is possible that he did in fact know the rules, and posted that just to throw us off?
                    Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                    Comment

                    • James May
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2012
                      • 3817

                      #1315
                      Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

                      Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                      While we're taking advantage of our ability to place a vote on someone, we should probably note that svaz's phantom will make her lynchable if she gets a vote put on her.

                      So don't do that unless you're super confident in her being a wolf.
                      I doubt that svaz is a wolf but then again her lack of activity really places her in a hard position because we have barely anything to go by in figuring out her alignment (also the fact that she hasn't voted and a phantom but that doesn't mean that she's a wolf :/...)

                      Originally posted by j-rodd123
                      but then again we had good players who really thought jayde was a wolf who are dead and confirmed now, i.e danceguy/tps so can't just ignore that

                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      Yeah that's where I'm at essentially. I'm looking at manti. The wolves win the game this phase if we fuck up and manti is suddenly in peak form. That's pretty coincidental timing.

                      Many elements of this game continue to suggest manti. Especially the lack of relevant info coming from the krauthammer lynch (suggests inactive wolves), the fact that I couldn't get a manti kill off the ground twice now and his earlier fumble with host questions about the PP role.

                      Part of my human read of jayde comes from the wolf read on manti.
                      @Jrodd: Can't really doubt the possibility in that but still, can't really place my finger on what exactly makes Jayde suspicious (I mean I know that there is something that led up to the suspicion of Jayde but I need to reread to see exactly since I'm right now prepping for nanowrimo for the past week or so)

                      @ V: It is quite coincidental that around this part of the game is where manti is at his peak form, and its kind of conflicting because both Jayde and Manti have marks on them that could make either of them wolves. I need to dig up some posts that could place them under the wolf radar.

                      Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                      Can anybody explain to me why Charu is cleared, exactly?

                      Originally posted by j-rodd123
                      he's not cleared, i just think other targets come first, if you think otherwise then plz say so
                      This is what I imagined exactly mellon.

                      Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                      Ah I see, I don't really think too much otherwise since he also seems human to me. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything

                      Narrowing down from your wolf picks is hard. Removing myself leaves only four people, and honestly I could see any of them being wolves. I think the first lynch should definitely be Jayde or Manti who have been giving wolf vibes from the start. I could see V being a wolf too but honestly, I don't think we should let Svaz fly under the radar.

                      About Charu: he is giving off human vibes to me. That being said it is possible that he is using the fact that he is a new player to his advantage. ie asking if he can post a PM validates that he is human, since he didn't know the rules. It is possible that he did in fact know the rules, and posted that just to throw us off?
                      True that we shouldn't let svaz out of our sights but honestly, what do we have exactly that places her aside from inactivity? Aside from Charu asking that he can post a pm, I honestly think that he's derp town but who knows, but honestly he's leaning town more than Manti & Jayde :/...
                      bananas


                      Comment

                      • mellonxcollie
                        Sectional Moderator
                        Sectional Moderator
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 1304

                        #1316
                        Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

                        Originally posted by James May
                        True that we shouldn't let svaz out of our sights but honestly, what do we have exactly that places her aside from inactivity?
                        I doubt that svaz is a wolf but then again her lack of activity really places her in a hard position because we have barely anything to go by in figuring out her alignment
                        Pretty much. We don't have much telling us that she is a wolf, mostly because she doesn't have too many posts. I could see this being a wolf tactic where she pops in occasionally and makes town-like posts, but not too many posts (might allow for a slip-up). This way we have little to go on when searching for wolf clues, and she remains free from suspicion for most of the game by maintaining a regular-enough posting habit.

                        Again I think Manti/Jayde are waaaaaay better targets for now, but am just speculating about other people. I don't think anybody should be cleared.
                        Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                        Comment

                        • DarkManticoreX2
                          TWG Overlord
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 7355

                          #1317
                          Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

                          Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                          I was also kinda hoping TPS would post last night so I could read it (since you know, he promised). I like his read on Jayde, it's something I agree with based on what I've seen from Jayde over the course of the past few days.

                          Jayde's posting has been pretty solid and comes off as human, but when you look through the phases, Jayde's actions have been questionable when it comes to voting.

                          Day 1: he votes for Pnt, green dies. (this is typically a null, but add it to the following points)
                          Day 2: Jayde abstains from a critical decision between Me/Fiction. I don't think a wolf wants to make that deciding vote. Especially when two big name players are involved and either will be flipped human. That wolf will get placed under a lot of pressure the following phase.
                          Day 3: Jayde votes Kraut, but then soft defends him with conspiracy theories untill kraut actually dies.

                          I'm not convinced TPS is a wolf based on the evidence given. The pushes towards me/tps seem to stem more from "why are you lazy people messing up this game" then from being wolfy. I think Jayde is a better lynch.
                          This is why I originally thought Jayde was a wolf. Essentially it's because his votes don't match to his posts. In other words his posts say "I'm human and think this" but his votes don't back that up.

                          It's why I asked Jayde for his reasoning behind each one. If there's a disconnect I want to know the reason why. That reasoning is crucial in determining Jayde's wolfieness/humanity.
                          AAA's = 800

                          Originally posted by V
                          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                          Comment

                          • Svaz
                            quite clever
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 792

                            #1318
                            Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

                            Apologies for the inactivity; I've been in a somewhat demanding class and we've got tests at the end of every week as well as practical examinations. Er, but, all that aside, I feel a bit badly about low content posts. I'm not really sure how to fix that about my approach and by the time I get back I'm generally cognitively drained... nonetheless!

                            I wasn't a huge fan of dAnce's "mutually exclusive" pairs and I wanted to ask after an explanation, but LOOKS LIKE I WAITED TOO LONG FOR THAT orz
                            I think I might just not have understood the rationale behind it, though. I definitely prefer jrodd's approach for the most part, I think?

                            I think I understand why James is LOCK CLEAR, now, but not quite as much Charu (though I really don't find him suspicious or wolfy, just a bit uninitiated with things). In his defense, I've definitely seen games where posting PMs was a way to go about things, and I've seen others with PMs in the OP to circumvent such schemes, so I don't find it a terribly worrying approach (and in fact his willingness to disclose definitely makes him seem pro-town).

                            Comment

                            • James May
                              FFR Player
                              • Oct 2012
                              • 3817

                              #1319
                              Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

                              Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                              This is why I originally thought Jayde was a wolf. Essentially it's because his votes don't match to his posts. In other words his posts say "I'm human and think this" but his votes don't back that up.

                              It's why I asked Jayde for his reasoning behind each one. If there's a disconnect I want to know the reason why. That reasoning is crucial in determining Jayde's wolfieness/humanity.
                              Which is why I want to wait before I fully decide who to lynch who.

                              Here's what I have so far:
                              Not to lynch: Jrodd
                              Unsure: Svaz, Jayde, Manti, V, Charu, Raeko
                              Lynch: n/a until further knowledge

                              After TPS' lynch, I am unsure who to lynch now so I'm going to dedicate tomorrow to reread everyone that is unknown...
                              bananas


                              Comment

                              • Crazyjayde
                                FFR Veteran
                                • May 2007
                                • 1169

                                #1320
                                Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

                                Anyone here? .____.

                                Comment

                                Working...