TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YoshL
    Celestial Harbor
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Aug 2008
    • 6156

    #31
    Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

    question:

    i wonder, if someone paints themselves on the same night that someone seered them, if the seer would see the old or new role


    Originally posted by Charu
    Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

    Comment

    • Krauthammer
      FFR Player
      • May 2012
      • 362

      #32
      Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

      Color, not role, I suppose that is what you mean.

      See, powers have some sort of hierarchy that define what goes first, what goes later, etc.

      All square selections happen instantaneously. Blocked selections are discarded, and then powers are executed as follows: Promoting --> Revoking --> Loose Cannon --> Painting, Guarding, Mediuming, Reviving --> Seering, Killing, Mail, Totem, Brutal, Charismatic.
      According to this hierarchy, painting goes before seering, meaning the seer would see the painted color.

      A few more details, now that I think of it.

      If two different players try to kill the same target, the target dies, both squares are consumed, and if, say, the target has Loose Cannon power, both players who targeted him die.

      Promotions are permanent.

      Barons can hold as many powers as they like, and can use as many of those powers as they like in a given phase.

      You can seer dead players.

      Comment

      • CharlesClaythorne
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2013
        • 12

        #33
        Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

        Alec Bertholet
        Hi

        I'm presuming you're the FFR member then?
        If so, pleasure to meet you!
        Alec Bertholet
        Yes. Color
        30 mins ago

        I'm not so sure I'm ready to be so spontaneous as reveal my colour Night 1!
        I don't think it's wise to reveal colours yet, gives an incentive to use Kill Squares.
        Alec Bertholet
        I'm red baron
        I intend to kill 4 people tonight
        29 mins ago

        That's incredibly unqise!
        unwise*
        That leaves a huge chance of hitting one of your members and disrupts others' (including your own) to assemble your Faction.
        others' chances*
        their respective factions*
        So many typos.
        Well, grammatical errors.
        Whatever.
        26 mins ago

        There's only one Kill x2 Square, how are you going to kill 4 people?
        And only Knights can choose two Squares, so even if there were multiple Kill x2 Squares, the maximum number of people you could kill would be 2.
        25 mins ago
        Alec Bertholet
        You should never play poker.

        I probably shouldn't.
        23 mins ago
        Alec Bertholet
        How about this, I won't kill you if you tell me your color

        Rainbow.
        Alec Bertholet
        Okay pick a guard square

        Roger that!!!
        22 mins ago
        Alec Bertholet
        My color is red
        I'm the Red Baron
        21 mins ago
        Alec Bertholet
        Are you red?

        Sure, if that makes you happy.
        Alec Bertholet
        Well if you are red you are on my team
        I'm a good team mate
        20 mins ago

        There's really no solid reason to even claim colours at this point, frankly.
        You claim Red, so from my position, I see no reason to trust you.
        Alec Bertholet
        Yes there is, to find your team

        However, if you threaten to kill me, of course I'm going to claim Red to avoid being killed, despite my true Colour.
        Alec Bertholet
        I intend to murder everyone


        19 mins ago
        Alec Bertholet
        Those that claim their color in earnest are spared
        It's chess

        That's eccentric play if you decide to only attempt to kill Players that claim colours sincerely!
        17 mins ago
        Alec Bertholet
        Have I given you any reason to believe my play will be normal?
        16 mins ago

        Good point!
        Having a Loose Cannon disposition might not be good for your survival come Day 1, however.
        15 mins ago

        I've told a couple of people your shenanigans already, so if me or anyone else ends up dying, you're likely to die next!
        14 mins ago
        Alec Bertholet
        Hahahah shahs
        I'm murdering you tonight. Tell them that. They don't know your color so there is a greater than 75% chance it benefits them.
        13 mins ago
        Alec Bertholet
        Then

        That goes for any Player.
        Alec Bertholet
        Sure does make murder the more appealing option with so many tiles on the board huh?
        11 mins ago

        Not particularly, since people become paranoid of killing their own, but I suppose I see your point.
        I'm surprised you're playing so aggressively, however, since offensive play is dangerous so early!
        Alec Bertholet
        No it isn't

        It'll likely have you killed with no chance of revival.
        Yes, it is.
        Alec Bertholet
        Scaredy cat
        10 mins ago

        Losing a Team Member is waaay less beneficial than killing off another's Team member.
        There's power in numbers, after all.
        Alec Bertholet
        No removing the number of people who can pick tiles is important otherwise your going to have public deities with revivals and guards by day 2
        9 mins ago

        Public Deities are likely to be lynched.
        Alec Bertholet
        Quit thinking about day 1 and instead think long term

        This is long term.
        Alec Bertholet
        They can be guarded, revived

        The fewer Team members one has at the beginning, the less likely that Team is to win.
        Alec Bertholet
        But the chances are stacked in my favor

        Barons are likely to swap the revives.
        Alec Bertholet
        Way better than the chance to take a setup tile

        Kings/Deities can't revive themselves if they're dead!
        8 mins ago
        Alec Bertholet
        Go read bayed theorem
        Bayes
        7 mins ago

        I think that probabilities are way too difficult to ascertain when human beings of different mindsets are playing.
        It's clear, for example, that your style of play is more radical than other Players, at least in this game.
        Alec Bertholet
        Confirmation bias. You are clinging to your strategy as though it is effective.
        6 mins ago

        That's not what confirmation bias is.
        Alec Bertholet
        And it's not murder

        Confirmation bias is purposely searching for information that supports one's beliefs and denying information that goes against it.
        Alec Bertholet
        No bayes theorem is correct you are looking for ways to not agree with the premise and supporting your own

        If anything, you should be arguing Availability Heuristic.
        Alec Bertholet
        There are more myrder tiles than anything
        5 mins ago
        Alec Bertholet
        And they have a 75% chance of being beneficial
        You should guard yourself, or return fire
        Unless we are the same color
        2 mins ago
        Alec Bertholet
        What color are you?

        I don't think you're understanding the fallacy.
        I don't trust you.
        Alec Bertholet
        You do, though, you trust I will kill you.
        That's enough
        1 min ago

        But if I choose to fear your killing threat, I'll claim the same colour as you, because I don't want to die.
        Which means that no matter what my colour is.
        I would claim Red.
        Alec Bertholet
        But Red Baron could be a pizza joke

        And if it is, I fear being killed anyway.
        This doesn't even take into account my believing it being an empty threat either.
        just now
        Alec Bertholet
        I said if you earnestly claim A color I won't murdrr

        There's really no reason to trust that either.
        Just makes your threat look more ludicrous, I feel!
        Alec Bertholet
        Then why are you talking to me if you trust nothing I say
        just now

        You're the one that started the conversation!




        Sorry that it's so messy. I'm not sure how to find a cleaner version of the chat to copy and paste from AIM.

        So, gist of the story, Vendetta21 claimed Red Baron, threatened to kill me, repeatedly inquired towards my colour, threatened to kill me some more, flaunted a couple of psychology and statistical terms, and that's about it.

        He seems like a Loose Cannon, and a danger despite his Faction. He might be a wise candidate for lynching Day 1, depending on the circumstances.
        ...

        Comment

        • Vendetta21
          Sectional Moderator
          Sectional Moderator
          • Aug 2006
          • 2745

          #34
          Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

          how dare you say i flaunted psychology terms. psychology is bullshit.

          Comment

          • Vendetta21
            Sectional Moderator
            Sectional Moderator
            • Aug 2006
            • 2745

            #35
            Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

            and this coming from Mr. "Availability Heuristic" calling my use of confirmation bias a fallacy!

            Comment

            • Tps222
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2004
              • 6169

              #36
              Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

              That's just Vendetta messing with you.

              Also, I've re-read these rules 3 or 4 times now and I still don't fully grasp the game. I don't know if i'm just being dense or am fundamentally unable to realize the concept of this game. I guess I'm just going to take shots in the dark and rely on my unpredictability and lack of strategical direction as a safeguard from being figured out by whomever wants to kill me, of whatever purpose that would serve.

              Dumb TPS is dumb.

              Comment

              • CharlesClaythorne
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2013
                • 12

                #37
                Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

                Hey, Psychology may not be the most respected Science out there, but it still has merit, Mister!!!

                And to clarify, I was referring to your logic in making me claim to be fallacious, not your reference to Confirmation Bias. Sorry for the confusion!
                ...

                Comment

                • Vendetta21
                  Sectional Moderator
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 2745

                  #38
                  Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

                  its very easy TPS, its like the stock market. you need to figure out what everyone else is doing and do the opposite of that, and then while doing the opposite of that your actions need to telegraph a strategy whose counter-strategy your current strategy is poised to defeat

                  Comment

                  • Sage of the Forest
                    FFR Player
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 94

                    #39
                    Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

                    oh my god somebody doesn't know about savvy-sauce
                    they're obviously not a member of the best forum in the world (WHICH IS IN MY AAAAAMAAAAAZING SIG)

                    Anyways, I'm just going to come out and say it: I am a human and anyone who thinks otherwise is high right now.

                    Comment

                    • Tps222
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 6169

                      #40
                      Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

                      Oh, so its similar to my approach with women. *badumpish*

                      Comment

                      • Sage of the Forest
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 94

                        #41
                        Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

                        Ahahahahaha yes. You're obviously a hoomin, your sense of humor proves that.

                        Comment

                        • Vendetta21
                          Sectional Moderator
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 2745

                          #42
                          Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

                          You should probably make your sig a link

                          Comment

                          • Sage of the Forest
                            FFR Player
                            • Feb 2013
                            • 94

                            #43
                            Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

                            but the pic is prettier and you could just google the words :C

                            Oh and PS: you should all claim to me no matter what your color is. Because you can trust me. I'm the Doctor.

                            Comment

                            • pokelda
                              ⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jun 2006
                              • 3878

                              #44
                              Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

                              You can url the pic.

                              [url=thing][img]img[/.img][./url]
                              Last edited by pokelda; 06-18-2013, 01:41 PM.

                              Comment

                              • Sage of the Forest
                                FFR Player
                                • Feb 2013
                                • 94

                                #45
                                Re: TWG XCVI: The Challenge Board

                                Charles Barkley helped me format my sig so yay.

                                Also: this TWG was thought up by the most brilliant and genius person ever. You should all thank him.

                                Comment

                                Working...