TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gun92
    The Paragon of Perfection
    • Aug 2006
    • 4826

    #16
    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

    BDN

    Comment

    • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
      nobody fiffers anymore.
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2006
      • 2440

      #17
      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

      Wait until I post the description dork.

      Battle for Ouka

      20 players
      COLOR Cardflipping
      No Items or Special Mechanics, just your roles and wits.
      Multiple factions(?)

      What you thank?

      Even though I probably need way more experience playing, I think now's a good time to spring this one.
      Last edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon; 10-6-2009, 03:22 PM.
      ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

      Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

      Comment

      • tupacodaman
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2006
        • 635

        #18
        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

        fic, I like your game, but yea, I'd suggest cutting the fake guard. also, I like reducing the number of rooms, but I think that 3 squares is kind of awkward, so maybe have like a bridge connecting them if that makes sense? with 4 squares, you always have the opportunity of moving to two different locations, no matter what square you're in. but then with 3, you'll be limited to 1 if you're in a corner. then you'll have one phase where everyone is in the center square. so adding this connecting "bridge" between the extreme corners would fix that (if this is even an issue, in your book).

        also, that brings me to another point: while you're thinking about giving penalties for abandoning squares, is there a maximum number of people that can be in a room? and you don't HAVE to move, right?

        Comment

        • FictionJunction
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2006
          • 3843

          #19
          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

          actually, if the map only has three square you're free to move everywhere, picture a triangle. It really makes the crowd controller's job harder and easier.. his targets are less detectable the less squares are available but his role's influence is substantially diminished as well. There are plenty of ways the crowd controller could put his role to use, though.. even if the map only had two squares at the time.

          There is no maximum number of players allowed in any given room, and you're not forced to move. But, even as a human, you'll probably want to coordinate your movements to help the seer and the guards protect themselves from being discovered.

          EDIT:
          I've decided that there will be a global relocation penalty if a square is completely abandoned at any given time.
          The number of squares will reduce along with the number of players alive.
          Last edited by FictionJunction; 10-6-2009, 03:42 PM.
          Originally posted by j-rodd123
          wow

          Comment

          • Gun92
            The Paragon of Perfection
            • Aug 2006
            • 4826

            #20
            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

            I'm still going to vote for BDN. And I usually don't check this thread twice so I just wanted to get my vote in :P

            Comment

            • tupacodaman
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2006
              • 635

              #21
              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

              [quote=FictionJunction;3249936]actually, if the map only has three square you're free to move everywhere, picture a triangle.
              /quote]

              but then you'd have to move diagonal :P. but ok, if this is the case where you can move to any square when the map is reduced to 3, then that's cool

              Comment

              • Ruritsu
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2008
                • 479

                #22
                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

                On second thought Fic, I kinda want to see that happen. Just curious as to how it would play out.
                Last edited by Ruritsu; 10-6-2009, 06:00 PM. Reason: Spelling how you haunt me so.
                =__=' My sig was 22 pixels too tall, so this is here instead...

                Comment

                • DarkManticoreX2
                  TWG Overlord
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 7355

                  #23
                  Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

                  I'd like to play something normal for a change, so im going to vote for Vicca with her game as is.

                  I'd like the bomber role to be an instant, real time kill if possible, to prevent a quick alliance from forming and then going underground.
                  AAA's = 800

                  Originally posted by V
                  Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                  Comment

                  • A2P
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 3127

                    #24
                    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

                    Syhto came up with a game. I am posting in place of her because she is banned from the forums until Wednesday.


                    TWG – DRAGONS AMONGST US


                    16 players:


                    4 wolves
                    2 blues
                    10 humans


                    WOLVES:
                    Firkraag (MW)- The dragon king. Will be seer'd as human the first time. If he is seer'd again, he will be seer'd as red.
                    Morkeleb- a dark black dragon that blends in with the night sky. Has the ability to fly once, which will let him peer into someone's home and see who they truly are.
                    Boldizar- a normal dragon.
                    Falkor- a normal dragon.




                    BLUES:
                    knight (guardian)- sends guard during day, guardings inacted during night. Cannot guard against items.
                    wizard (seer)- seers one person per day phase.




                    PEASANTS (humans):
                    King- The King has an item, which is his crown. The crown shows the king's divinity, and therefore, the King can choose to kill whoever he chooses. However, this only works once and is PM'd to the host during the day phase. When the host recieves the message they will announce it publicly before voting ends for the day.

                    ex) Player1 has 5 votes and is lynched. Player2 was chosen by the king to be beheaded. – Player 2 is beheaded at the beginning of the following day. (END OF NIGHT)

                    If the King is killed, wolves will be able to loot the crown, and use it during the day for an extra kill the next morning. Host will then announce “______ has been sentenced to execution by royal decree. ______ has been beheaded. ______ has been lynched.” Normal procedure, but with a beheading. The crown can only be used by the king or by the wolves.


                    9 Peasants


                    Corpselooting: ON
                    Night Talking: ON
                    Cardflipping: OFF


                    Additional items:
                    1 Sword
                    1 Lantern

                    Host's AIM - amanetora

                    Comment

                    • clarinet89
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 899

                      #25
                      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

                      I added a seer and guard to my game.

                      Questionable Content

                      Comment

                      • iggymatrixcounter
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 1924

                        #26
                        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

                        Guys, just so you know, any game that can set up an iron clad alliance is going to have little to no activity beyond day2 MAYBE day3.

                        And fix your games before you post them, these should be FINAL drafts of your games, not an idea that popped into your head and still needs fixing.

                        Also, unless your game can create kills other than lynchings and wolfings, having a game with an odd number of players to start is an advantage to the wolves because there is always one or two humans that get phantoms and are used to create an insta lynch with that marginal vote. (It's how we won last game, had there been an odd number of players during the day, we could not have gotten that lynch so easily).

                        An ideal game skeleton has the following factors: 1) An even number of players 2) No iron clad alliances to destroy activity 3) Enough game strategy to get people talking but not so much that people do not want to learn it's mechanics. (HINT: How you type up your idea will have an effect on how people think it'll play out. Make sure you're concise, not overly wordy, and explain every aspect well. Spelling and grammar never hurt anyone either XD) 4) Enough players to meet the demand of ACTIVE twg players. (I.E. do not run a 20 man game when only 12-14 players are actually active) 5) Above everything else, is fair to both wolves and humans (and third parties if applicable)

                        Build your game around these guidelines and I think you will have better game quality, thus leading to better players.

                        The only games that I see that seem to meet these requirements: Fiction's (kind of), sytho (if you removed the guard and assuming the sword is also a vigi kill).

                        The games posted that I think need to be readjusted: clarinet's, vic's, ruritsu's, and BDN's (most likely, can't say for sure though).

                        But that's just my opinion, it basically up to whatever the people want to play, but I think if you put more thought into your games, you could come up with some awesome stuff.

                        If you do not feel that your game is up to these guidelines but want them to be, I would be happy to look at them. But if you post a game, people are going to assume that everything you have is what you want, despite what makes a good game.

                        With that being said, if sytho removed her guardian, I would play it. Otherwise, I think they are all not worthy imo. But like I said, I would be happy to help anyone with their idea(s). I like making games even if I do not have the consistency to host them XD.

                        @afro: a man hunt game would be awesome, but it would have to be short, no more than a week or so long. I'm thinking 11 players: 1 wolf and two wolfings a night. The number of players in the game could be any number divisible by three minus 1 so that on the last day you had 2 humans and the lonewolf, but that's just what I would do..... hint hint hint
                        Last edited by iggymatrixcounter; 10-6-2009, 08:31 PM.
                        lastfm
                        PANDORA

                        Comment

                        • iggymatrixcounter
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 1924

                          #27
                          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

                          Ok I have some extra time so I'll add my 2 cents about the games I ripped on. I'm only focusing on it's skeleton, I do not know if it's balanced or not, or if my suggestions would bring it out of balance or not, I'll leave that job to each respective host XD.

                          CLARINET: take out the guardian, maybe add 3 masons to help out the human's lose of forming an alliance. (seers always see blues as humans btw.) Maybe drop it down to 14 players to speed it up.

                          VIC: the wolfsbane will come out day1 and setup an alliance with the guard and seer and psychic. Both the alliance head and the seer will be untouchable, this is a big flaw. If you really want a guard, do not have a wolfsbane and vice versa. Two humans that are protected against wolf attacks is unfair imo. (The suicide bomber does not make it even because the wolves lose a team member.) Either have the guardian OR the wolfsbane and the suicide bomber kills someone without dying or take all three of those roles out. I do not like your idea of the purples because it seems like you have two people that hinge solely on a specific person dying. Seems novel to me. (Plus I agree with the things afro presented)

                          RURITSU: I think you tried to run this before, but it's unfair to the humans because the wolves have to be lynched in a certain order, I think it takes away a full day from the humans if they did not do it in the right order. And you only have three days to find the pack defender (assuming a human gets a phantom, which is a good assumption). I'd say either drop the wolf count to two or add 3-5 more players. Make it an even number as well since it's likely the seer will not use his vigi power unless it's to win the game. At least I wouldn't use it until it would win the game.

                          BDN: too many people, the last game was inactive with 16 player, adding 4 more will not help activity, no matter how crazy it is. If it's mystery, you better make sure you know what you're doing. I'll look at it, even if it costs me a player slot. I hate to see games destroyed because of one or two broken rules that the host did not consider.

                          Thanks for noting.
                          lastfm
                          PANDORA

                          Comment

                          • iggymatrixcounter
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 1924

                            #28
                            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

                            @vic: Another point, if you ran your game as is, you have a human alliance setting up that could potentially be 7 people, almost half of the players will be known by the alliance leader day1. If the wolves kill any of those unknowns, a human victory is almost certain every time. It needs to be changed, no longer a suggestion.
                            lastfm
                            PANDORA

                            Comment

                            • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                              nobody fiffers anymore.
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 2440

                              #29
                              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

                              I've had my game in the cooker for quite a while and had two people review the early draft. I can say without ego that my game has many of the "ideal" characteristics. It is not overly complex with its roles or mechanics, but has lots of interesting possibilities. The only sticking point is the size, but I still posted it now because this is one of the few times in my TWG career where we can even dream of supporting a game this big.
                              ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                              Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                              Comment

                              • iggymatrixcounter
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 1924

                                #30
                                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

                                @fiction: I take it back, I think I found a way to setup an iron clad alliance with all the blues, render the wolf's crowd controller useless, and start up with up to 6 people day 1. Something would need to change to make it fair for the wolves.
                                lastfm
                                PANDORA

                                Comment

                                Working...