jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FictionJunction
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2006
    • 3843

    #31
    Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

    This was expected.
    in regards to voting to lynch me due to that little conversation, go for it; it's a very smart move on your part. very smart move.
    Originally posted by j-rodd123
    wow

    Comment

    • X3R0H0UR
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2007
      • 540

      #32
      Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

      sometimes u gotta do what u gotta do. Don't those "u's" bug the piss outta you.

      what do you expect, you just up and decide to call me illiterate? you need to work on your people skills. This is not the channel for which you would address these issues. I recommend professional help. Welcome to the internets, these tubes don't care about spelling, or other proper english rules.
      Last edited by X3R0H0UR; 02-8-2007, 08:57 PM.
      Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

      Comment

      • FictionJunction
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2006
        • 3843

        #33
        Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

        the game hasn't even started yet; save your energy.
        Originally posted by j-rodd123
        wow

        Comment

        • x3Mamimi
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2006
          • 513

          #34
          Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

          Though I understand your frustration, lynching for random reasons as such are frowned upon.
          jwcgator: mah mee mee
          merlonifan28: fight for my love, mamimi

          Comment

          • vashthestampede0987
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2004
            • 2997

            #35
            Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

            You asshats I was asleep ;_;
            Omega owes me [1] omega favor
            I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


            Originally posted by Synthlight
            I hate myself.

            Cheers,

            Synthlight
            xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
            xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

            Comment

            • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2005
              • 1206

              #36
              Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

              Originally posted by vashthestampede0987
              You asshats I was asleep ;_;
              Hay guy.


              Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

              Comment

              • X3R0H0UR
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2007
                • 540

                #37
                Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

                Originally posted by x3Mamimi
                Though I understand your frustration, lynching for random reasons as such are frowned upon.

                thanks for the help. I'm clearly going to do it
                Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

                Comment

                • HiTheyCallMeGod
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 57

                  #38
                  Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

                  well i wont be able to sign up due to work, so I'll be an alternate if that is ok. Or even replace someone if they are starting problems before the game starts :-p.
                  Originally posted by sertman
                  HiTheyCallMeGod angrily stood up, picked a chair up, and nashed it to pieces with his two front teeth.

                  "I'M NOT ON STEROIDS!!!" he yelled, angrily picking up his folder, throwing it at TPS, and storming out of the room, ripping the door off of its hinges.

                  Comment

                  • jwcgator
                    RIP ffrtokens
                    • May 2005
                    • 2221

                    #39
                    Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

                    "The other 6 will open friday at noon EST."


                    IN.

                    ps. school library

                    Comment

                    • X3R0H0UR
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 540

                      #40
                      Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

                      grats on makin it jwc
                      Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

                      Comment

                      • HiTheyCallMeGod
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 57

                        #41
                        Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

                        wow so i got a break from work, count me in ^_^
                        Originally posted by sertman
                        HiTheyCallMeGod angrily stood up, picked a chair up, and nashed it to pieces with his two front teeth.

                        "I'M NOT ON STEROIDS!!!" he yelled, angrily picking up his folder, throwing it at TPS, and storming out of the room, ripping the door off of its hinges.

                        Comment

                        • sertman
                          DADALADAH
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3910

                          #42
                          Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

                          Regardless of whether he was right to accuse you, X3R0H0UR, the point that he made is correct.

                          As Chardish said, "People who play TWG are held to higher standards than people in the rest of the forum."

                          This game, especially once you make the jump to regular TWG, requires a boatload of maturity and intellect. For most people who play this game, typing correctly and spelling are second nature, and especially in games that have a lot of strategy and you have to type a long post detailing what you think, correct grammar and spelling go a long way into ensuring your post is read and understood, and if you type like a 8th grader, at least on the forums (I don't care how you type on AIM) you won't get a lot of respect.

                          Just a thought.

                          Comment

                          • 8Shade8
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 167

                            #43
                            Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

                            I am in

                            Edit: Its noon here in central, so its 1 there
                            "There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots."

                            People demand their freedom of speech, so as to avoid their freedom of thought. Keep the freedom you possess inherently, before someone else attempts to take it from you.

                            Comment

                            • X3R0H0UR
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 540

                              #44
                              Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

                              Originally posted by sertman
                              Regardless of whether he was right to accuse you, X3R0H0UR, the point that he made is correct.

                              As Chardish said, "People who play TWG are held to higher standards than people in the rest of the forum."

                              This game, especially once you make the jump to regular TWG, requires a boatload of maturity and intellect. For most people who play this game, typing correctly and spelling are second nature, and especially in games that have a lot of strategy and you have to type a long post detailing what you think, correct grammar and spelling go a long way into ensuring your post is read and understood, and if you type like a 8th grader, at least on the forums (I don't care how you type on AIM) you won't get a lot of respect.

                              Just a thought.
                              no where in the actual jTWG game can you prove otherwise. As a matter of fact I defy you to bring up ANY posts by me BEFORE he made this claim, that sets me apart from anyone. Maturity is shown in treating all people equally and not resorting to high-handed condescending comments and speaking down to a person who you know nothing about. I brought this to the attention of everyone because it is good to sort out who is going to be a prick before the game begins and maybe give the spot to someone who isn't going to constantly make out of game posts in the thread correcting spelling or other basic grammatical mistakes people often make online. All I ask for is a level of respect when approached by someone. IF he hadn't been condescending to me, this wouldn't have been a problem for me, however the little added ",K?" and ", yea thanks" or whatever at the end of the sentences denoting superiority and a holier than thou attitude were VERY unnecissary.

                              I understand that giving a sound effort into the grammatical and spelling accuracy of a thread especially in game is of moderate importance, however no one is addressing the fact that I was not an example of poor English...

                              Just try to not be offensive when you try to make these kinds of claims, thats all I ask, you do this and I'll do my best to correct whatever "grammatical" things I'm accused of...

                              anyway, lets get to the game, this banter is growing long in the tooth.

                              I am inspite of this looking forward to a good game now that everyone has one under their belts.
                              Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

                              Comment

                              • sertman
                                DADALADAH
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 3910

                                #45
                                Re: jTWG XXIII Player Signups Thursday/Friday

                                I did address the fact that he may have not been right to accuse you. The first sentence that I wrote was "Regardless of whether or not he was right to accuse you, X3R0H0UR, the point he made was correct." That was the only sentence in that paragraph that was addressing you specifically. If he felt he was right, he was trying to help you out, not to get on your back.

                                The rest of the paragraph was pretty much my thoughts on the importance of correct grammar and spelling in TWG. It was addressed to everyone, not just you.

                                However, another note: as soon as the game starts, all personal grudges need to be pushed aside and thrown out while the game is in placed. You can hate the guy all you like, but during the game, don't let that factor in to who you think is a wolf or not.
                                Last edited by sertman; 02-9-2007, 12:26 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...