Secret Mission TWG

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nforcer06164
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2003
    • 4772

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

    @ Tass: You're being an ass again. You got banned for that. Stop it, unless you're trying for something prolonged. I don't think Chardish has a problem doing that.

    This sounds like fun. I'd love to try it. Would this be a separate TWG, though, or would we try it in XIX?

    PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
    Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
    Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

    Originally posted by Squeek
    My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

    Comment

    • HansSky
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2003
      • 1925

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

      It's not a completely different game(i.e. Infiltration), it's just TWG with scholiosis. So I'm assuming it will be XIX.


      P.S. Sounds like fun.
      hi

      Comment

      • Tasuke
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2003
        • 1671

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

        Originally posted by chardish
        Blue's murder team: Yellow
        Blue's defense team: Nobody (Blue is murdering Green instead of defending himself)
        Result: Yellow dies
        I don't see why this happens. Wouldn't blue die instead of yellow?

        Comment

        • User6773

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

          Whoops, typo. Good find Tasuke.

          Comment

          • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
            Threat Emulation
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2004
            • 5184

            #20
            RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

            Ok, thanks Chardish for clearing up a few problems that I couldn't think of last night (5am this morning). Since there can be multiple murders per night I see why you want 20+ people.

            I'm extremely interested in playing this, do you have any idea as to when it will start (yes I know in 2 games. but what date range, if it is possible to tell)? I want to know because I will be taking a few months off for the Soccer season which takes priority over most things.

            Originally posted by Lightdarkness
            I'm light f**king darkness

            Comment

            • talisman
              Resident Penguin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4598

              #21
              RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

              with killings, lynchings, and murders, this seems kinda unbalanced towards the wolves. If the wolves were smart, they'd split into teams of two (assuming there would be four... perhaps to balance there should only be three) and select the same murder target per team that night. That means three kills in one night, especially early on in the game when people are going to be less likely to want to defend other people. Combined with the lynching, that's just flatout carnage. A game could go from 16 humans 4 wolves to 11 humans 4 wolves by the start of day two (assuming that there aren't any murders night one, if there are, then it could be 9 humans 4 wolves, and as soon as someone votes day two the wolves can hop on, instalynch, and win the game in record speed.)

              Proposed solution: decrease number of wolves or make their murders their kills and eliminate the guardian. In other words, all four wolves have to be murderers and pick the same person and the only way to save that person would be to get four people to somehow miraculously protect him or her.

              Also, it makes zero sense for wolves to have someone to protect... I mean, the only way they can win is by killing everyone, which means they're going to have to sacrifice whoever they're protecting at some point.

              edit: another possible solution: let the wolves keep their kill, get rid of their people that need to be saved or assign each wolf to another wolf, and make them unable to murder, only protect.

              Comment

              • Demon_Of_The_Comet
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2004
                • 888

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

                Tass id just like to say stfu cuz no one gives a damn kthx

                Anyway, if im allowed to play in TWG again, id like to play in this. It takes mroe thinking than regular TWG does, plus its always good to have some variety in the game.

                ya i cant think of much to say, but i remember Chardish's Tribe thingy, it was horrible. But i hope this one will go well XD
                wtf is a nooblet
                Originally posted by jewpinthethird
                If you are part of the 2% that isn\'t a ***got, put this in your profile.
                Originally posted by white_boy
                firemon is in the top 10 sm list...dont talk (#$% to him.

                Comment

                • JurseyRider734
                  lil j the bad b-word
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 7507

                  #23
                  Re: RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

                  Originally posted by HansSky
                  It's not a completely different game(i.e. Infiltration), it's just TWG with scholiosis. So I'm assuming it will be XIX.


                  P.S. Sounds like fun.

                  I thought you quit.
                  Originally posted by Arch0wl
                  I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                  the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                  Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #24
                    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

                    Look... I'll say this one time.... I'm pissed only in the fact that Chardish, Guido, and (maybe) Kilga didn't take the time to IM me before deciding to ban me to get my side of things.

                    With that out of the way... it is no secret that Chardish's past attempts at unique games have had less than stellar results, ONLY because they weren't able to be tested before being put into play... and then (at least to most) handled poorly in trying to fix them mid-game.

                    I like the idea for playing the game for 2 days WITHOUT counting... so we can not only find flaws, but also figure out a decent strategy. Some of the more n00bish players might mess things up REALLY badly by going psycho-murder on people, giving the wolves a huge advantage... in the way Talisman pointed out.

                    Along those lines... I always try and figure out flaws before the game starts, but it seems to be much easier to find them once we are actually playing, as opposed to thinking theoretically about it in my head.

                    And, for the record... I'm trying to be less of an ass. So lay off. I gotta go to work, but I think I have a few other ideas relating to this that would be good ideas for changes.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • evilbutterfly
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2003
                      • 5784

                      #25
                      RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

                      Yeah, why do wolves have targets to defend? Doesn't make sense unless they're other wolves, and even then it's not the best idea. And yeah, there will be a lot of deaths. May be if the seer is still in the game it will help balance out the wolf thing. Also, maybe make defense teams able to defend, but wolves have twice the strength when killing as wolves (like, not on an attack team with humans). So like, if there are 3 wolves, it would take 6 people defending one guy to stop them, which will rarely happen. Also, it makes the wolves weaken as they lessen in number, as they are easier to defend against. And, of course, the defending team shouldn't get told who the wolves are.

                      Anywho, I'd love to participate. TWG gets kinda boring after a while, just like anything that is repeated a lot, so a fresh new thing makes things much more interesting. Only major problem I see is trying to get a lot of players for it. I still say we should have an ad for TWG in Chit-Chat as well as CT (no, we won't be flooded with newbs. Based on their actions, how many newbs actually read the stickies, anyway?). Also:

                      Maybe we should play 2 practice days or something, then start the real game. This would hopefully expose flaws while also giving the players an opportunity to get used to this new style.
                      *signs petition to get this done* :P
                      So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                      In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                      So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                      And I write the blog for their website.

                      Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #26
                        RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

                        The wolves don't have to kill everyone. The wolves having a human to protect would put their loyalty to the test.

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #27
                          RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

                          that still makes no sense. how would they agree on kills down the road?

                          wolves can't have wards.

                          Comment

                          • psychic25
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 367

                            #28
                            RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

                            The wolves would have to make it so that the last three people that are in the game with them are the wards.

                            Very tricky, though.

                            I'd like to play this. It gives everybody a chance to do something, instead of only a few.

                            Comment

                            • User6773

                              #29
                              RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

                              If you go into the night with 3 wolves and 3 humans, and all those humans are the wards of the wolves, the wolves win and get the ward survival bonus.

                              Comment

                              • vashthestampede0987
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 2997

                                #30
                                RE: Re: RE: Secret Mission TWG

                                Sounds kinky, I'd hit it.
                                Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                                I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                                Originally posted by Synthlight
                                I hate myself.

                                Cheers,

                                Synthlight
                                xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                                xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                                Comment

                                Working...