jTWG LXV Host sign ups

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cedolad
    moonchild~
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2007
    • 6879

    #31
    Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

    why do all of these games sound cool. ughh

    James because you def polished it up in your free time.

    Comment

    • James May
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2012
      • 3817

      #32
      Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

      Originally posted by cedolad
      why do all of these games sound cool. ughh

      James because you def polished it up in your free time.
      you can thank Logan for helping me polish it up :3

      how many votes are needed again? iirc its 5 right? correct me if I'm wrong.

      edited a bit on the win conditions for my game.
      Last edited by James May; 04-6-2013, 01:01 PM.
      bananas


      Comment

      • James May
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2012
        • 3817

        #33
        Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

        Also, since my game is more TWG than jTWG, would the game number be 74 (according the the TWG history thread) or whichever the recent one is in the FFYa forum?
        bananas


        Comment

        • DarkManticoreX2
          TWG Overlord
          • Apr 2005
          • 7355

          #34
          Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

          It's 5 votes.

          Also if it's going to be a TWG go by the last hosted TWG, not by the history thread. History thread is falling behind.
          AAA's = 800

          Originally posted by V
          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

          Comment

          • James May
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2012
            • 3817

            #35
            Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

            Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
            It's 5 votes.

            Also if it's going to be a TWG go by the last hosted TWG, not by the history thread. History thread is falling behind.
            Alright, thanks Manti
            bananas


            Comment

            • Zoshi
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2013
              • 144

              #36
              Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

              Fic

              Fic's game is something I've always wanted to play without even knowing it.

              One question, Fic, all players know what there role is, right? But does the players partner know what the role is?
              Last edited by Zoshi; 04-7-2013, 06:37 AM.

              Comment

              • FictionJunction
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2006
                • 3843

                #37
                Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

                Originally posted by Zoshi
                Fic

                Fic's game is something I've always wanted to play without even knowing it.

                One question, Fic, all players know what there role is, right? But does the players partner know what the role is?

                Players get a new role every day phase. The people who enable their roles do not know what the role is. Roles can be activated without any sort of consent or communication but I expect players to contact others to get their roles activated. Players who activate would expect to be contacted so they know not to activate dangerous roles like vigilantes or seerings (if you're a wolf).

                There are Active and passive roles, though. Active roles require activation AND a night phase PM. Seers, vigis and guards are examples of this. Passive roles are things like psychics.

                For example, you send me a PM telling me that I activate roles for you. You also tell me you got a seer role. I tell you, hey man no problem I got your back. I could send the PM to the host and be like yeah activate zoshi's role. I could not. You won't receive confirmation. But if you want to use your role you then need to send the host a PM saying who your seer target is.

                Passive roles don't require PMs from anyone but the player who activates. Psychics don't require sending PMs to get results. There are other roles like this.
                Last edited by FictionJunction; 04-7-2013, 10:25 AM.
                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                wow

                Comment

                • FictionJunction
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 3843

                  #38
                  Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

                  since the game has mystery elements I'm not sure if I'll be able to host it in two forums at once, hmmm. Let me see.
                  Originally posted by j-rodd123
                  wow

                  Comment

                  • James May
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 3817

                    #39
                    Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

                    Well this is going to be close. Gl fic we'll see who gets host this game.
                    bananas


                    Comment

                    • Zoshi
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 144

                      #40
                      Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

                      Hm, Fic's game still confuses me but if I play it I'm sure I'd catch on quick enough.

                      Comment

                      • FictionJunction
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 3843

                        #41
                        Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

                        what's confusing?

                        I think the issue is semantic. I talk about partners when partnerships aren't symmetric. They're really hierarchical relationships where one has authoritative power over the other.

                        Every action in this game has a consequence that someone is informed about. Every action in this game has a consequence that someone can be held accountable for, wrongfully or otherwise.
                        Originally posted by j-rodd123
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • James May
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2012
                          • 3817

                          #42
                          Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

                          I found it to make perfect sense actually but not really something I would delve into without a bit more experience imho, then again I'm not much of a pro at this so who knows
                          Last edited by James May; 04-8-2013, 03:49 PM.
                          bananas


                          Comment

                          • rzr
                            TWG Veteran
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 7608

                            #43
                            Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

                            votes have been in long enough, can we just get this fucking game going?

                            Originally posted by darkshark
                            Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                            Originally posted by aperson
                            i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                            Originally posted by Sprite-
                            More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                            yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                            i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                            Comment

                            • James May
                              FFR Player
                              • Oct 2012
                              • 3817

                              #44
                              Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

                              wait, so who's going to host o_o? it's tied between fic and I unless I missed a vote somewhere that says "fic" or a vote that says "james"
                              Last edited by James May; 04-9-2013, 06:05 AM.
                              bananas


                              Comment

                              • Zoshi
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 144

                                #45
                                Re: jTWG LXV Host sign ups

                                I reallly reallly don't want to sound ignorant because I have read the posts but I'm still confused with the whole partnership being in control of partners thing.

                                Does your partner know your power?

                                Do you know when your power is turned on?

                                Do you know your power?

                                Comment

                                Working...