(j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James May
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2012
    • 3817

    #16
    Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

    Originally posted by cedolad
    well James' game looks pretty solid right now, and it's been an entire weekend since anyone else has said anything...gonna go ahead and vote for James
    :')
    bananas


    Comment

    • Gun92
      The Paragon of Perfection
      • Aug 2006
      • 4826

      #17
      Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

      Originally posted by j-rodd123
      someone host a manhunt
      I literally was thinking the same thing. Ill do it if someone wants to formulate and work on a story with me.

      James. A man hunt is a super simple game. 11 humans and 1 wolf. It's fascinating to watch but you have to have a solid group of people being active. Inactivity is that game types biggest down fall.

      Like I said, ill host a man hunt, but I don't have any kind of story made or readily available so if someone has something or wants to contribute, let me know.

      Comment

      • travman301
        #swagdog
        • Mar 2004
        • 2641

        #18
        Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

        I third a manhunt.

        Your game seems really interesting James. However, I'm not entirely sure how balanced it is.

        If the oni team needs to survive through 5 day/night phases to win that means (unless guardings are sucsessful) that at least 10 out of 12 players will be gone before they have a chance at victory. But seeing as how there will more more than 1 kill during several night phases, there will likely be even more than 10 players gone by Day 6.

        The same problem exists for the humans to win. Essentially they are fighting against two different sets of red. It seems unlikely that greens would win. Maybe masons or something could balance that out. I'm not sure.

        Maybe someone else can weigh on on this, and tell me if I am crazy or not. :3

        Comment

        • James May
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2012
          • 3817

          #19
          Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

          Originally posted by travman301
          Your game seems really interesting James. However, I'm not entirely sure how balanced it is.

          If the oni team needs to survive through 5 day/night phases to win that means (unless guardings are sucsessful) that at least 10 out of 12 players will be gone before they have a chance at victory. But seeing as how there will more more than 1 kill during several night phases, there will likely be even more than 10 players gone by Day 6.

          The same problem exists for the humans to win. Essentially they are fighting against two different sets of red. It seems unlikely that greens would win. Maybe masons or something could balance that out. I'm not sure.

          Maybe someone else can weigh on on this, and tell me if I am crazy or not. :3
          Originally posted by James May
          Now, for the night phases, here's how it will go in full detail. The reds are only responsible to kidnap the greens. Now, if a green is kidnapped they are inactive for two phases, but they are immuned for a day phase. Now, if they are killed during a night phase by an oni, they're dead, finito. Now, here's the reason why this will go like that: If I have both the reds & greys kill, the game would be over before it even begun. So the reds are only responsible for the kidnapping, or in other words the green that is taken by the reds are temporarily "killed." So basically:

          n1 - reds kidnaps player 1 (green)
          player 1 is innactive until end of Night 2
          n2 - reds kidnaps player 3 (blue), player 1 is active again
          innactive until end of night 3
          n3 - reds kidnaps player 6 (green), onis kills player 3

          essentially it would work similar to that, depending how it would go.
          The reds don't technically kill persay, it's more like disabling the person for two phases, now, the only possible way that could happen to reach the 10/12 dead scenario is if the onis pick the same person that the reds kill, or they weed off the reds first. Which, I completely forgot to add if that scenario kicks in. Essentially, here's how the flowchart (through my powerful rubbish mspaint skills) of the relationship between the three teams will go down normally:



          Now, if the onis does kill all the reds before the greens does (and this condition will only work if it is fulfilled in the night phases) then the onis still win. So basically each team has a possibility of 2 win conditions per team.

          Greens: Eliminate all reds or eliminate all Onis
          Reds: Reduce greens to 1:1 ratio or eliminate all Onis
          Onis: Have the game drag for 5 day/night phases or eliminate the reds.

          And yeah, I'm trying to get it in the ropes of having it balanced, but I can work out having a story idea of this sort of stuff for a manhunt game if that's what you guys wish to have and I'll save the three-team idea for another game.
          bananas


          Comment

          • Gun92
            The Paragon of Perfection
            • Aug 2006
            • 4826

            #20
            Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

            Screw a story. I have a cute little idea, but I suppose a story doesn't matter much. I will host a Man Hunt if you all desire it.

            Comment

            • rzr
              TWG Veteran
              • Oct 2007
              • 7608

              #21
              Originally posted by rzr
              added minor edit

              I propose a basic game. Id need 12 players

              1 cursed psychic (will die BY day 3)
              1 guardian/seer
              (has both seer & guard powers, cannot use both at once must spend a specific PM)
              2 masons who do not know the other blues
              4 normal greens
              1 cursed human. if/when psychic dies, this player dies following phase and role is revealed publically. randomly chosen from player pool at time.

              1 lonewolf with 2 seers & 1 vigi , also seers GREEN
              2 regular wolves
              I think its balanced, got a good tory behind it too. But if not, man hunt is a go
              Last edited by rzr; 03-19-2013, 12:41 PM.

              Originally posted by darkshark
              Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
              Originally posted by aperson
              i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

              Originally posted by Sprite-
              More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
              yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

              i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

              Comment

              • Gun92
                The Paragon of Perfection
                • Aug 2006
                • 4826

                #22
                Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

                Tally of what all has been voted for?

                Comment

                • cedolad
                  moonchild~
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 6879

                  #23
                  Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

                  Well we have 1 for James and 4 for the Manhunt. If you're proposing the idea of a Manhunt Gun and need a story we can work one out and I'll swing a vote.

                  Unless the person hosting the game can't vote for his own game.

                  Comment

                  • Netjet!
                    Sic itur ad astra
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 4701

                    #24
                    Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

                    I'd go for man hunt, it'll be fun to see what happens.
                    RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                    Comment

                    • James May
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2012
                      • 3817

                      #25
                      Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

                      ohvwell. grats gun for hosting next game. I'll refine my idea for the next game. Gun, use my story idea if you want to, I'll work on a different story that utilizes similar mechanics as what I had proposed.
                      bananas


                      Comment

                      • Gun92
                        The Paragon of Perfection
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 4826

                        #26
                        Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

                        Well, I don't know how terribly important a story is for a manhunt. I do have an idea that I can work on that I'm sure it's actually been done, but I have no idea who may have been around for it.

                        James, I do enjoy your idea and I imagine with a little refining, that your game will be awesome.

                        Cedo, if you want, send me a message on aim and ill let you know my story idea and we can go from there.

                        You all can let me know if you want to wait for more votes or to start sign ups and we can get shit going.

                        Comment

                        • cedolad
                          moonchild~
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 6879

                          #27
                          Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

                          Originally posted by James May
                          ohvwell. grats gun for hosting next game. I'll refine my idea for the next game. Gun, use my story idea if you want to, I'll work on a different story that utilizes similar mechanics as what I had proposed.
                          I would definitely want to play your game next James, the story seemed really intriguing.

                          Originally posted by Gun92
                          Well, I don't know how terribly important a story is for a manhunt. I do have an idea that I can work on that I'm sure it's actually been done, but I have no idea who may have been around for it.

                          James, I do enjoy your idea and I imagine with a little refining, that your game will be awesome.

                          Cedo, if you want, send me a message on aim and ill let you know my story idea and we can go from there.

                          You all can let me know if you want to wait for more votes or to start sign ups and we can get shit going.
                          I'll hop on AIM now then.

                          My personal opinion, I think we should just start sign ups and I'm sure we can swing a story around by the time the game starts.

                          Comment

                          • Gun92
                            The Paragon of Perfection
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 4826

                            #28
                            Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

                            So we are on game LXIV, correct?

                            Comment

                            • cedolad
                              moonchild~
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 6879

                              #29
                              Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

                              Thread title lol

                              hurry and post sign ups

                              Comment

                              • Netjet!
                                Sic itur ad astra
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jan 2008
                                • 4701

                                #30
                                Re: (j?)TWG LXIV HOST SIGN-UPS

                                Will this one be a jTWG or TWG? If it's a TWG its XCIII I believe
                                RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                                Comment

                                Working...