Re: hi19hi19 Pack 6 - Long Have We Waited RELEASED
EXACTLY
Like how tf am I supposed to read that shit
hi19hi19 Pack 6 - Long Have We Waited RELEASED
Collapse
X
-
Re: hi19hi19 Pack 6 - Long Have We Waited RELEASED
So I wrote short reviews for as many files as I could play tonight / I couldn't resist the train meme. Written in order played, some files were played more than once back to back.
Apple:
Fun easier tech file that will be an absolute BLAST to practice on higher judges. Only thing I think is wrong with it is during the hopld heavy sections the notes on the left should be on the right, but I'm sure there's a reason you have it where it is.

8 / 10
Bring the Rain:
Comfortable jank. Some of those patterns threw me a loop, and I haven't gotten nerves playing a file like this since playing FFR for tourneys.
8.5 / 10
Champion Freeverse:
I usually play this song muted (I don't like the song, fuck we are the champions but lol preferences.) File fixes a lot of what I thought was wrong with the FFR one assuming I'm remembering that one right. I don't remember there being minijacks in there, and they're damn satisfying.
8 / 10
Karate:
I played this on mirror after getting slapped with left jacks dear god that's rough but so technically right I love it. General comments are more like, I think you missed some nice grace oppertunities in the opening riff to more prepare someone who plays this sightread for the jacks. Equally, I think a slightly easier file for this would be dope, and a longer version would be absolutely brutal, but really fun for a higher player for the jack control practice.
I did enjoy it though, I am looking forward to some downrate plays later to slowly build the left hand.
8.75 / 10
(Also side note, I was actually expecting a file to irritate me somewhere by now, but I'm actually having a good time.)
Kollegah the Boss Engine:
I can't play this, but fuck it makes me laugh so goddamned hard. I do love me some 24ths tho.
7.5 / 10
This Will Be The Day:
I dunno if I really like this file because I think it has issues, but I don't hate it either? But I might be biased a fair bit considering this is the old stepcon file and I partook and might be biased due to that. (I have played mine recently to be realllllly fair.)
6-7 / 10
Pistolero:
Isn't this file old? I had a score on this but can't recall where I played it.
Fucking spikes got me good, and fuck that last jump in particular. A pretty good time though.
7 / 10
Quad Queens:
There's a missed grace note on a 23 jump early on i'm pretty sure, would need to editor it to confirm, but we're not going that deep here.
File's a fucking blast. Probably my second favorite as of where it is in the list.
8.75 / 10
Seif Al Din:
File is great, and that ending 32nd trill is a dick move and you know it. FUCKING pattern bias to fuck here. But also the parts you've tamed down to keep this file where it is was super tastefully done.
Though, a harder one wouldn't get lost anywhere on this structure imho. (Not that it needs it.)
Need to video play this song.
8.75 / 10
Shard (Combat):
I didn't finish my playthrough of this because I'd rather do so when it's a run I'm happy with - but I got most the way through it, and it's pretty fun. Don't have any complaints.
8 / 10
My Dog Don't Give Fuck About Apocalypse:
Jesus I have no stamina, and I feel like I just played a Goreshit song. Can't really comment a lot on how it plays but it's engaging mostly, though could with some more mine art at points.
8 / 10
- Part 1 End -
I fully intent to finish the rest of what I feel are the approachable files (for me), but I'm a bit strapped for time tonight rofl.
Seriously I had a pretty damn good time playing these. What they might have in technical errors, or mistakes, it makes up for by just being a good time imho.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
Re: hi19hi19 Pack 6 - Long Have We Waited RELEASED
Wow with full reviews and everything, thanks for this!I played literally every file, here's an album.
Imgur album of hi19 6 play through
About Clash on the Big Brige sync, I checked and ugh somehow I lost the BPM offset I had for the opening. You're definitely right - that was specifically something I changed (I even said so in the readme) and I think I saved over it >_<
This file is a disaster between losing the opening BPM changes and the banner typo. Not coincidentally, the last file I added into the pack. Really should have checked it over more.
I agree with the sort of overall sentiment that these are not my strongest files, definitely not compared to say Pack 4, but a lot of this stuff was pretty old files that people had wanted released for years. That's not an excuse for the lower technical quality, just an explanation for it. Will try to do better in the future.
Also yeah I don't use many holds, fuck holds, all my homies hate holds
Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-12-2021, 12:47 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Re: hi19hi19 Pack 6 - Long Have We Waited RELEASED
On the harder end, I would argue that a majority (or at least a decent amount) of >30 msd plays are achieved by rate-modding anyway. Definitely no need to apologize or feel like you're not catering to people when I think they'll be more than happy to make necessary changes to make things as difficult as they want. (:Yeah I gotta say, every year it gets harder to cater to a wide variety of skill levels in just 39 files. Admittedly this pack nearly every file is single-difficulty, but it's still pretty wild how big the spread of skill has gotten in the community. My apologies to the people looking for stuff under 15MSD and over 30MSD, I just couldn't fit too much in this pack for you guys. In the future I'll try to get more for you folks!Leave a comment:
-
Re: hi19hi19 Pack 6 - Long Have We Waited RELEASED
I played literally every file, here's an album.
Imgur album of hi19 6 play throughLeave a comment:
-
Re: hi19hi19 Pack 6 - Long Have We Waited RELEASED
As someone who barely plays 16+ on Etterna I'm still hyped to even get to look through it / or get to watch someone who can play the stuff I can't have a good time with itYeah I gotta say, every year it gets harder to cater to a wide variety of skill levels in just 39 files. Admittedly this pack nearly every file is single-difficulty, but it's still pretty wild how big the spread of skill has gotten in the community. My apologies to the people looking for stuff under 15MSD and over 30MSD, I just couldn't fit too much in this pack for you guys. In the future I'll try to get more for you folks!
Lots of ways to enjoy a pack release now luckily, or dunno maybe I wasn't really looking that hard before
EDIT: OK SHADOW YOU POST HERE BUT NOT RESPOND TO ME IN DMs YOU WHORE I SEE HOW IT IS
lolLast edited by XelNya; 09-11-2021, 05:16 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Re: hi19hi19 Pack 6 - Long Have We Waited RELEASED
Holy shit this is a thingLeave a comment:
-
Re: hi19hi19 Pack 6 - Long Have We Waited RELEASED
THEY SAID IT COUODNT BEDONELeave a comment:
-
Re: hi19hi19 Pack 6 - Long Have We Waited RELEASED
Cornman files? Cornman files!Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: