In The Groove Vs DDR

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TC_Halogen
    Rhythm game specialist.
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Feb 2008
    • 19376

    #61
    Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

    Wasn't pointing at anyone in particular, haha. I'm just tired of seeing these threads come up again. =)

    Comment

    • Psychotik
      Heckin' Cute
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2008
      • 1729

      #62
      Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

      Originally posted by TC_Halogen
      Wasn't pointing at anyone in particular, haha. I'm just tired of seeing these threads come up again. =)
      This.
      Check out my Speedruns
      Originally posted by TEEX
      I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.

      Comment

      • HEKTa420
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2004
        • 37

        #63
        Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

        you start off this post with "personally". which means it is your opinion. now either you are a troll or you don't know too much about either game to make a correct assessment. it comes down to personal preference.

        Comment

        • Oni-Paranoia
          No fucks
          • Dec 2006
          • 2440

          #64
          Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

          Originally posted by HEKTa420
          you start off this post with "personally". which means it is your opinion. now either you are a troll or you don't know too much about either game to make a correct assessment. it comes down to personal preference.
          Wrong.

          Personally a player can like whichever they prefer for whatever reason they wish (Song choices, steps, graphics etc..). Halogen clearly stated ITG v.s DDR and all aspects to both. After reading these threads, listening to noobs, and playing both games for over 3 years I have come to a conclusion that everyone just has a lack of knowledge of the game they don't like.

          People who like or say DDR is better say it for...

          1. This was what they started off with
          2. Its easier than ITG
          3. Song choices
          4. Never or barely played ITG before

          I don't (hate) DDR, but the steps are not getting any better. Yes harder but stupider. Halogen yet again explained that ITG has a difficulty of 1 for every song on Novice.. Convenient for beginners. 60% of ITG songs are made by one person and the game does NOT consist of any jap pop crap so the variety might not be as big as DDR but ITG only went through 2 games, not 12.

          Overall, ITG is more likely played because

          1. Its from the U.S.
          2. Harder songs
          3. Custom song play
          4. Better scoring system
          5. Better song choices compared to DDR (depends on taste)

          etc etc etc...

          Personal opinion just inflicts on what you're going to play regardless of what anyone says. There is still is one better than the other. Think of game ratings, you might like L4D better than Call of Duty but the 'magical institute of gaming' gives L4D a 3 and Call of Duty a 4 considering lag, glitches, graphics, etc etc.. the technical stuff. Technically COD would be better, but personal opinion just shows what you would play more.

          another E.g. SM is better than FFR, I still play FFR here and there even though SM is better..

          now wheres that thread lock..

          Comment

          • TC_Halogen
            Rhythm game specialist.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2008
            • 19376

            #65
            Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

            Originally posted by HEKTa420
            you start off this post with "personally". which means it is your opinion. now either you are a troll or you don't know too much about either game to make a correct assessment. it comes down to personal preference.
            You let me know when you find where I used personally. text -> I CTRL+F'd in my post and didn't find the word personally used once. <- text

            Comment

            • Gundam-Dude
              `~`
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Oct 2005
              • 7327

              #66
              Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

              Originally posted by xXxReWiNd
              I personally HATE In The Groove. I've only played the one at my local bowling alley. And its better than nothing. But I'd choose DDR over this game for the following reasons:

              In the groove:
              *If you miss about 3-5 notes, you lose you life (game over)
              *Terrible songs
              *Difficulty increase that looks impossible (i.e Hard is like Jesus difficulty)
              *DDR spinoff
              *I don't like using my hands.

              DDR
              *Even balance of easy and hard songs
              *A game made by a decent company
              *You can miss a decent amount of notes, and regain health easily
              *Practicing is ideal on DDR. Not ITG.

              and a whole lot of other things that I'm to lazy to list. But these are the basic ideas.
              Pretty sure this is the post he's referring to, not yours. A common misinterpretation.

              But yeah, your essay on ITG vs. DDR should be stickied in order to stop these threads from reappearing, rofl.


              (Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

              My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

              Comment

              • Xiaounlimited
                Eaguru
                • Jul 2005
                • 2832

                #67
                Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

                Two month old thread going nowhere is still kickin' it? Hahahaha.


                For the record, I transitioned from low-mid heavy charts on DDR to high expert ITG charts quite smoothly. I don't see what the fuss is about when people say ITG is too hard. It's not. At least ITG doesn't have charts like Chimera, Dignity and Final Audition.

                I don't have anything else to say
                Why would you put that in your signature? You've lost your signature rights for a month. (You'll get them back on March 10th, 2012.)

                Comment

                Working...