In The Groove Vs DDR

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iwatchedherdie
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2009
    • 14

    #46
    Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

    Originally posted by iamDMAS
    I've been playing ITG a lot. But I still go with Dance Dance Revolution.

    Why: Better songs, even though you can use your OH YOU CAN FREESTYLE IN ANY OF THEM!
    Your basically saying DDR is better than stepmania >.>
    Which is not. and DDR has crap charts.
    ZOMG 400BPM CROSSOVERZ!!1!?!11!?!
    Originally posted by Beethovens mask
    I like to play FFR because it makes me feel less sucky.

    Comment

    • StepmaniaGod6969
      3 Fingers
      • Jan 2007
      • 1015

      #47
      Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

      how many threads are gonna be ddr vs itg??
      Originally posted by Tasselfoot
      use your cock. unless it isn't long enough. and then i feel sorry for you.



      Comment

      • kmay
        Don't forget me
        • Jan 2007
        • 6532

        #48
        Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

        i like DDR more, a lot of the charts on ITG 3 suck. its going downhill just like DDR did

        Comment

        • iwatchedherdie
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2009
          • 14

          #49
          Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

          Originally posted by kmay
          i like DDR more, a lot of the charts on ITG 3 suck. its going downhill just like DDR did
          ITG died in 2005 when konami (grr) aquired ITG
          ITG3 was never an official release. It's a fan made release
          Same with ITG rebirth.
          Originally posted by Beethovens mask
          I like to play FFR because it makes me feel less sucky.

          Comment

          • A2P
            FFR Veteran
            • Apr 2009
            • 3127

            #50
            Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

            debit13 owns all of you. That's all I have to say.

            Comment

            • warriormag17
              FFR Veteran
              • Mar 2007
              • 455

              #51
              Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

              One very important fact has been looked over. ITG has (had) kyle ward. 'Nuff said.

              Comment

              • Conorn
                Lord of the Tea Republic
                • Jan 2007
                • 856

                #52
                Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

                ITG is definitely better than DDR. Though I do give props to DDR for starting the dancing game fad.
                Yep.

                Comment

                • TC_Halogen
                  Rhythm game specialist.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 19376

                  #53
                  Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

                  Originally posted by A2P
                  debit13 owns all of you. That's all I have to say.
                  ^__^;

                  Guys, seriously, I've made my points in the other thread--DDR isn't bad, but ITG is superior on so many more levels.

                  Comment

                  • Filinegro
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2009
                    • 1

                    #54
                    Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

                    I... stole my friends ITG >.<

                    Comment

                    • leadafro
                      Tykeem Ultimatum
                      • Dec 2004
                      • 975

                      #55
                      Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

                      If you wanted you could just play all of the DDR songs on an ITG machine + thousands of great custom songs.

                      DDR only has 400 songs on its newest machine and their quality for their machines are horrid.

                      In the groove has countless modifiers and scripted marathon courses.

                      DDR?

                      Well I have o say I started playing DDR back when konamix it first came out and I gotta tell ya everything after the arcade release of Extreme just wasn't fun.

                      I changed to ITG because of how fun it is.

                      I Still Play old school DDR for memories sake lol.


                      Point 2.ITG is just a build of stepmania and everyone knows they have been working hard on improving stepmania for years now....DDR hasnt really improved its core engine since max.....lol.
                      Last edited by leadafro; 05-11-2009, 11:23 AM.
                      I'm black yall I'm black yall I'm blickity black black and I'm back.

                      Comment

                      • fido123
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 4245

                        #56
                        Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

                        Don't feel like reading this thread but I'm going to yell at this fatty.

                        Originally posted by xXxReWiNd
                        In the groove:
                        *If you miss about 3-5 notes, you lose you life (game over)
                        *Terrible songs
                        *Difficulty increase that looks impossible (i.e Hard is like Jesus difficulty)
                        *DDR spinoff
                        *I don't like using my hands.
                        1) That has to do with the settings in the machine. The arcade changes these at their own will and the same can be done for DDR. I know many DDR machines where if you miss a few notes you fail, same goes with ITG.

                        2) That's preference...I like ITG music more than DDR. Enjoy your weaboo ******ry.

                        3) Oh I'm sorry I guess you suck? I can pass every song on DDR with ease so only ITG is challenging. ITG has a better incline and more difficulties.

                        4) Yes it is, but how does that effect how fun it is?

                        5) You're fat and there's an option to turn that off. I could easily make the argument that DDR does not have hands and that makes it inferior.


                        DDR
                        *Even balance of easy and hard songs
                        *A game made by a decent company
                        *You can miss a decent amount of notes, and regain health easily
                        *Practicing is ideal on DDR. Not ITG.

                        and a whole lot of other things that I'm to lazy to list. But these are the basic ideas.
                        1) So does ITG

                        2) Konami has been going downhill and again, how does this effect how fun the game is?

                        3) Again, read my first argument

                        4) Please give me your reasoning as I completely disagree. They are basically the same game. I find if I play DDR, my skills drop in ITG, yet I can play ITG and maintain my skills in DDR. I think it's cause DDR uses lower quality pads.

                        Comment

                        • TC_Halogen
                          Rhythm game specialist.
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 19376

                          #57
                          Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

                          Ok, you know what--DDR is cool, but I've already won this argument one page back, and I'll just put it here too:
                          Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                          ITG



                          - In DDR, if you hold a full life bar for a while and then suddenly miss, the lifebar eats you alive, it can potentially kill you by missing only 4 notes in a row. ITG on the other hand has a specific metric that tells the game exactly how much life to take away per arrow on each judge. ITG 1, DDR 0.




                          - Totally opinionated, J-Pop sucks IMO, sorry, you cannot use that. ITG 1, DDR 0.



                          - Wrong. Hard difficulty in ITG is the equivalent to DDRs Heavy/Expert (wtf is it nowadays? They can't even keep a default heavy difficulty level? ITG 2, DDR 0) difficulties. The only difference is unlike DDR's attempt at being innovative using crappy double-stepping patterns, ITG tries to be different by making you do full-body turns, or spin gallops, etc. ITG 3, DDR 0.



                          - DDR was the base of things; ITG took DDR's base and made it better. And you can't say that ITG did everything bad since DDR X has "shock arrows" (the equivalent of mines). ITG 4, DDR 1 (gave a point to both).



                          - Then you don't like playing something that makes step-charts so much more fun, and physically tolling at the same time. Maybe you don't like hands, but the fact that it is available to do (AND take off) makes ITG win automatically. ITG 5, DDR 1.

                          DDR



                          - Really? DDR's scale goes from 1 to 10, and ITG's scale goes from 1 to 13.

                          Potential response: "Just because ITG has a higher difficulty range doesn't make it an even balance."

                          Oh, but it does--every conventional Novice chart is a 1 on ITG, something that makes some songs not playable to very new players (a.k.a. all boss songs). Not only does ITG have a static novice difficulty, but also has a static minimum for Expert charts, all of which are ranked at LEAST a 9, but no lower. Balance is definitely in ITG, and the song lists between In The Groove 1 and 2 pump out at least 130 songs, which attains a nice balance seeing as how most are stepped fully on singles and doubles. ITG 5, DDR 1.



                          Completely subjective, opinionated, and holds absolutely no relevance to the point. ITG 5, DDR 1.



                          Already been disproved in the ITG section of my rebuttal. Score stays the same.



                          What? What makes you not able to practice on ITG? The home version of ITG has a mode called "Practice Mode" where you can look measure by measure at each part of the song and then review it and master it, just like how DDR has training mode. Failed attempt at an argument.

                          Since THAT has been completely demolished, let me throw in my OWN mix of elements to refute for ITG.

                          *Custom Songs

                          In The Groove supports any custom song granted that you make steps for it, make the music file an .ogg, and in some cases, have your song under 2 minutes, which is the length of most DDR songs anyway. DDR on the other hand, requires you to bring a PS1 memory card to even consider playing edits on them, and that's only on SOME cabinets. ITG 6, DDR 1.

                          *Hackable

                          In The Groove hard drives can be manipulated to allow for the addition of stepcharts directly onto the hard drive. DDR? Not even close. You know what's even better? Some people want to get rid of DDR so much that they hack eliminate DDR from their drive and then throw In The Groove on it--they're desperate enough to play on terrible DDR cabinets. And even then, some people upgrade their machines just so they can get the good pads that ITG has. What? Did I just hear a triple whammy? Hacks? Upgrades? Better pads? ITG 9, DDR 1.

                          *Scriptable Nonstops/Marathons

                          This beats DDR on so many levels. Courses don't have to be a single mod (group) per song, you can have mods change anytime you want, granted you know how to do it. Take a look at this. Excessive? Sure. But this is made by one of the best course scripters in the world, and he makes courses to provide not only a visual challenge, but a mental challenge as well. ITG 10, DDR 1.

                          *Modifier selection

                          ITG beats DDR really badly here too. Other than speed mods (obviously), you can choose more than one mod in each group of mods. Unlike in DDR, you can choose Hidden/Sudden at the same time. You can choose Boost/Brake at the same time. Heck, you can even flip the targets and have two on top and two on bottom. Modifier manipulation in ITG is way more advanced than DDR is. ITG 11, DDR 1.

                          Well, ITG won the Dancing Game World Series in my eyes, score of 11 to 1 is pretty conclusive.

                          Let me throw a little bit more out there though, ITG has a very active community, even after the suit that Konami did to them, and that community is always creating stepcharts/courses and other content for the game. ITG modifying has become such a common art, and DDR players cannot experience that because there simply is not enough freedom. I think I posted enough for one day.

                          /thread
                          Last edited by TC_Halogen; 05-11-2009, 12:22 PM.

                          Comment

                          • Oni-Paranoia
                            No fucks
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 2440

                            #58
                            Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

                            Debit you idiot <3
                            1-12 scale , ITG just has 13's (off the chart)
                            I remember reading that in the little booklet from the PS2 version 2 years ago. Hence why there is only 12 color bars.

                            Comment

                            • TC_Halogen
                              Rhythm game specialist.
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 19376

                              #59
                              Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

                              Originally posted by Oni-Paranoia
                              Debit you idiot <3
                              1-12 scale , ITG just has 13's (off the chart)
                              I remember reading that in the little booklet from the PS2 version 2 years ago. Hence why there is only 12 color bars.
                              I say 1-13 because it includes three conventional boss songs. I know it's 12 bars--some custom themes have that fixed.

                              Comment

                              • fido123
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2005
                                • 4245

                                #60
                                Re: In The Groove Vs DDR

                                Sorry TC...it's just I've read so many of these threads before and didn't feel like reading another one =/

                                Comment

                                Working...