Song of the week - Night Of Flight

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gowereinside
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2005
    • 317

    #16
    Great song and Good stepfile.

    At first I didn't look how long it was and while playing waiting for it to end. But beside the lengh of the song it almost made it on my top 20 chart...if I had one. 8/10

    Comment

    • blargherness
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2005
      • 624

      #17
      The length of the song annoyed me, but other than that I give it an overall 9/10. length factor added in 7/10. loved both the song and stepfile. very catchy and my fingers just kinda flowed. I missed quite a few though, I don't do too good on songs that are long.

      Comment

      • iggymatrixcounter
        FFR Veteran
        • Nov 2003
        • 1924

        #18
        awesome song to practice my PA on. My favorite part was when the arrows turned all yellow for a while. (Someone said that was the part they hated but meh) Yes it was long but it didn't get too redundant plus it was a fun song to listen to. I'll follow suit with a 9/10, enough for my *stamp of approval*
        lastfm
        PANDORA

        Comment

        • talisman
          Resident Penguin
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2003
          • 4598

          #19
          meh, it needed to be cut. The steps were good when there wasn't much going on, but when the layers started coming in it became difficult to follow... and it seemed like the steps were alot more just random sixteenth stream nonsense at that point. Some parts where unnecessarily copy pasted, for example the stream pause sixteenth sixteenth doesn't happen over and over again, there's a completely different phrase after it before it repeats. Also yellow note syndrome... don't know about that. I'll play it again but I'm betting it was probably red and blue there not yellow.

          Comment

          • DJRiDDeR
            God
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2003
            • 2215

            #20
            I've made this stepfile ages ago. lol

            Comment

            • stlunatic0124
              FFR Player
              • Feb 2005
              • 3228

              #21
              SINCE WHEN DOES 7 GOODS ON A 1574 STEP SONG FUCKING GET ME 8TH PLACE WHAT THE FUCK. I HATE YOU ALL.

              Comment

              • Pumble
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2005
                • 1301

                #22
                Ridder should step more stuff. The song and the steps were fun enough to keep it interesting for 4 whole minutes.

                Comment

                • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
                  Threat Emulation
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2004
                  • 5184

                  #23
                  I liked this alot. Very good set of steps. Song was way too long. Nice first FFR file, Ridder.

                  Originally posted by Lightdarkness
                  I'm light f**king darkness

                  Comment

                  • igotrhythm
                    Fractals!
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 6535

                    #24
                    Jump streams are already pretty hard. Why the hell did you have to go and make all those jumps on 16th notes, Ridder? >_<

                    Still, 1K+ perfs and over 1 million on my first try, so I guess it's not that bad. Haven't done this well since Song for the Nihonjins was first released.
                    Originally posted by thesunfan
                    I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

                    Comment

                    • zajac
                      aka uAnimals
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 4050

                      #25
                      So I must say the steps are HORRIBLE! the song is awesome... but whoever did the stepfile for this song needs to punch themselve in the face twice and wonder what they are doing with their life... ~sigh~ I pity whoever made this stepfile :P haha
                      Originally posted by Spec & Aperson
                      We Rate You: Cool Motherfucer. 9/10

                      Comment

                      • MonkeyFoo
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Sep 2004
                        • 397

                        #26
                        Good stuff... i'm having trouble getting over 953 combo...
                        I'm just waiting until someone steps Bad Box.
                        How has it been 15 years

                        Comment

                        • Omegix
                          free tsutter
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 883

                          #27
                          Why didn't you use my version LD , it was only like 2:35 long and was much cooler than this.

                          Comment

                          • natetheffrer
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2004
                            • 906

                            #28
                            It might become a v2, that seems like a new trend.

                            Comment

                            • D_Magik
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 96

                              #29
                              900 combo 1st try, 1300 combo 2nd try. Got myself in there at like 22nd place, won't last long though.

                              Er, good song, steps 800+ were wack though.

                              I would like to see Omegix'z version as well.

                              Comment

                              • Chromer
                                Hookers and Blow
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 4981

                                #30
                                Boy, what you talkin about? That entire jump stream section was easy as hell. Just don't think too much about the jumps and you'll nail them everytime.

                                Comment

                                Working...