Song of the week - Moonbeam

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Snapps
    NO DOUBT GET LOUD
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2003
    • 5650

    #31
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

    Oh hey Draigun sent me Moonbeam when he made it.

    The song rocks.

    Comment

    • Chromer
      Hookers and Blow
      • Jul 2003
      • 4981

      #32
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

      Meh. The song IMO was standard but the stepfile felt like a hybrid of Water Like Pudding and Bubble Bobble Hillbilly Rodeo in the beginning steps. I treied my four fingers method but it didn't work and I agree with the indexes too. The patterns didn't feel index friendly. But good stepfile overall.

      Comment

      • tahngarthor
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2005
        • 3

        #33
        RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

        Can you please change all of the songs over to your 6 point system or stick with the current one? This song is not "Tricky." This song was as hard as most songs rated "For Masters Only". I know I suck but this is way harder than other songs rated "Tricky" (6). I know u guys want a new rating system but if ur gonna use the new system change the old stuff over.

        Great song though. just needs to be rated consistently.

        Comment

        • Chromer
          Hookers and Blow
          • Jul 2003
          • 4981

          #34
          RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

          The rating system might have some flaws but your system is the one that needs changing. Based on the about 300k users of this game, Moonbeam is averaged on the Tricky difficulty, not For Master's Only. The reason the song felt like a FMO was because the song was a stream song that didn't let up for the most part. Playing songs like Stalled Out and Sushi Bars and Water Like Pudding will help you in doing streams on FFR.

          Comment

          • Reach
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jun 2003
            • 7471

            #35
            RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

            The song is very index freindly. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. LoL. It is a bit harder than a 6 though.

            Comment

            • Chromer
              Hookers and Blow
              • Jul 2003
              • 4981

              #36
              RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

              I must be the only indexer who thought it wasn't friendly then. =/

              Comment

              • Tank101
                I V vi iii IV I IV V
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2004
                • 2082

                #37
                RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

                Heh, you and Afrobean.

                Anyway, I'd just like to say thanks for all the good comments I've been getting.
                I really appreciate them.

                Comment

                • bobbycat73
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 339

                  #38
                  RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

                  No.

                  Just... no.
                  aids

                  http://mafia.cheats4us.org/index.php?x=241521 <- Hot asian chicks!!

                  Comment

                  • StarmanSuper568
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 820

                    #39
                    RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

                    CROSSOVERNO.

                    Comment

                    • Kashazu
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 291

                      #40
                      RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

                      Love the song, love the stepfile, but it's an example of how f(_)cked up the R1 difficulties are.
                      I am a Global Moderator on a dead forum

                      Hay; how are you, fine. Lets do the tango? for real. is the sky blue.

                      Comment

                      • Tank101
                        I V vi iii IV I IV V
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2004
                        • 2082

                        #41
                        RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

                        Just wanna clear something up about the difficulty complaints.

                        When I sent it to LD, I had forgotten to give it a foot rating. Since LD usually goes by the foot rating the step artist gives, and sine I didn't put one, he told me he really wasn't sure what to rate it.

                        So it's my fault

                        Comment

                        • igotrhythm
                          Fractals!
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 6535

                          #42
                          RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

                          Grr...those 16th streams are too long for me to FC yet, though I did get over 700 perfects and a 200+ max combo first time for an initial rank in the top 300.

                          For some reason, I do better when I'm hungry. I don't know why.
                          Originally posted by thesunfan
                          I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

                          Comment

                          • Skikamukazi
                            FFR Player
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 1394

                            #43
                            RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

                            Never Eat Agin!!

                            Comment

                            • -Fallen-
                              xqsite OG
                              • May 2005
                              • 2836

                              #44
                              RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

                              This is funny. This song is is completely friendly to every style available to use, ESPECIALLY index.
                              One of the original members of the xqsite + FFR community.
                              BlankZero - 15 year vet + RobbyZero - 15 year vet

                              Comment

                              • Chromer
                                Hookers and Blow
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 4981

                                #45
                                RE: Song of the week - Moonbeam

                                Gah, I now see that the song is Index friendly except that gay frickin 46, 28, 28, 46 16th note towards the middle of the song. My index fingers can't seem to do it.

                                Comment

                                Working...