Should Revo and CP be swapped with their token counterparts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PaperclipGames
    Mrow~
    • May 2008
    • 648

    #31
    Re: Should Revo and CP be swapped with their token counterparts?

    I voted yes to both switches, for reasons that have already been given.

    It's understandable that people want to keep the Legacy files available for nostalgic reasons. However, especially since many of these files are of such low quality that, say, they'd never pass the judges if they were submitted today, that it feels strange that they're still counting towards public ranks - literally the only justification is "it's always been there already".

    I agree with Choofs and think all Legacy files shouldn't count as public ranks, but at the same time I know too many people who'd disagree with this, with, IMO, a shitty reason: "we've all put so much effort in AAAing these files, it'd be wrong to suddenly make all that work pointless".
    948 AAAs | 1461 FCs | 549 TPs | 7 FMO AAAs
    Best AAAs: Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (69), Nous (69), Pure Ruby (68), Heavenly Spores (68), Ambient Angels (66), Within Life (66), Defection (66) Southern Cross (65)

    Comment

    • Fission
      no
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2004
      • 1850

      #32
      Re: Should Revo and CP be swapped with their token counterparts?

      don't count legacy files as part of public level ranks

      i know that isn't the point of this thread, but every justification for keeping them public is filled with holes

      Comment

      • Zaevod
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2013
        • 385

        #33
        Re: Should Revo and CP be swapped with their token counterparts?

        Originally posted by Fission
        don't count legacy files as part of public level ranks

        i know that isn't the point of this thread, but every justification for keeping them public is filled with holes
        I strongly agree with this. I think they should make a poll.

        Those files are painful to play, especially the Synthlight ones.
        https://soundcloud.com/zaevod/the-glimpse

        Comment

        • XelNya
          [Kaho]
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2012
          • 3369

          #34
          Re: Should Revo and CP be swapped with their token counterparts?

          Originally posted by ~Zeta~
          They are still part of public ranks but are not deserving to be a part of today's files.
          Who decides this? I would just love to have a nice chat with this person, because there are more files in the game from the earlier era that I would like to see also removed, that aren't 100% Legacy charts.

          I'm referring strictly to the first 150 charts added to the game for the most part though, is is Terror From Beyond through Hanabi.

          There's a few other poorly made sims that aren't even synced such as Max Forever, victims and martyrs, most of the widget era, I would add to this list as well.

          Also, I agree with switching them, while the V2s aren't great if you asked me, they're certainly a better representation to the general public than the legacy era.
          Last edited by XelNya; 08-2-2013, 02:08 PM.

          Comment

          • TheSaxRunner05
            The Doctor
            • Apr 2006
            • 6144

            #35
            Re: Should Revo and CP be swapped with their token counterparts?

            Originally posted by Zaevod
            I strongly agree with this. I think they should make a poll.
            I made a poll last August that went about 60% for removing them from the ranks (not the game) and 40% for keeping them (in the ranks). I'm curious to see if public opinion has changed on that, but I'm not making another thread. Someone else can make it.


            Comment

            • YoshL
              Celestial Harbor
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Aug 2008
              • 6156

              #36
              Re: Should Revo and CP be swapped with their token counterparts?

              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
              There's a few other poorly made sims that aren't even synced such as Max Forever
              what


              Originally posted by Charu
              Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

              Comment

              • popsicle_3000
                Legendary Noob
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2005
                • 4642

                #37
                Re: Should Revo and CP be swapped with their token counterparts?

                he said that a few months ago as well, idk why you think that middie

                Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                one way to stream them all
                Originally posted by Xiz
                Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

                But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
                Originally posted by thesunfan
                replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
                Originally posted by reuben_tate
                Title: Popsicle Three

                Thousand the farthest
                He's gone in an official
                Whoop hip hip hooray!
                Originally posted by U.N. Owen
                kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

                @popsicle_3000:
                Danger incoming
                The popsicles are melting
                Three thousand of them
                Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

                dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
                friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
                dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
                friend: hey bro can i tell you something
                dynam0 yeah man whats up?
                friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
                dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
                friend: thanks man
                dynam0: no problem man
                Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
                Originally posted by Xiz
                Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.

                Comment

                • I like it
                  Housekeeper
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 2123

                  #38
                  Re: Should Revo and CP be swapped with their token counterparts?

                  because its hard there is no other reason why i cant aaa it its offsync!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! max forever sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! offsync im right you are wrong dont argue with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                  *tips fedora*

                  good day fine sir

                  Comment

                  Working...