So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PrawnSkunk
    Administrator
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Administrator
    • Dec 2007
    • 3907

    #16
    Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

    I've got a blue switch das keybaord which has been in shipping for over 2 weeks (>.>)

    I only bought blue switches because of the clicky sound. Everyone says browns are amazing, but they sound so bleh... I couldn't imagine enjoying it's dull, hollow response.

    Comment

    • Xx{Midnight}xX
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2007
      • 8548

      #17
      Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

      Originally posted by dragon890x
      You should stop playing FFR with hammers.
      Hammers? More like jackhammers

      Comment

      • ilikexd
        ​
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Apr 2006
        • 3209

        #18
        Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

        Originally posted by PrawnSkunk
        I've got a blue switch das keybaord which has been in shipping for over 2 weeks (>.>)

        I only bought blue switches because of the clicky sound. Everyone says browns are amazing, but they sound so bleh...
        I just switched from a Logitech Illuminated to a Rosewill RK-9000BR with browns. My speed on FFR and SM improved, and the keys register even to very light taps, which has saved my ass dozens of times getting FFR AAAs when I tap a key way too light (would've given me a miss if I was using a different kb).
        I chose brown over blue because they require less force to actuate, over red because I can feel a slight bump when depressing the key to the point of actuation. I don't really care about the sound.

        All I can say is, from personal experience I'm very happy having switched to a mech kb and definitely recommend brown switches.

        Comment

        • ddrkid007
          FFR Veteran
          • Jul 2007
          • 407

          #19
          Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

          @ilikexd, I might consider getting the keyboard you're getting.
          Is this the right one?

          http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Mecha.../dp/B005QW1THA
          Originally posted by smartdude1212
          The asshole in me wants to tell your girlfriend to stop being a pussy little bitch about it.

          The concerned forum poster in me wants to tell your girlfriend nearly the same thing.

          Comment

          • EzExZeRo7497
            ⠀
            • Dec 2010
            • 6858

            #20
            Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

            Flat keyboards: Logitech UltraX Premium, Logitech Illuminated, Kensington Slim-Type
            Bulky/Mechanical keyboards: QPAD MK-50/MK-80, Rosewill RK-9000, Steelseries 6Gv2, CM Storm QuickFire Pro/CM Storm QuickFire Rapid

            Bolded the flat keyboards that are pretty cheap, and they're really worth the price. I'd recommend blue or brown switches for the mech KBs.
            Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 12-12-2012, 09:34 PM.

            Comment

            • ddrkid007
              FFR Veteran
              • Jul 2007
              • 407

              #21
              Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

              For someone who's been playing on a laptop keyboard for 5 years, would it be a good idea to get a flat-keyboard instead of a mechanical one or should I get a mechanical one and improve myself on that one?
              Originally posted by smartdude1212
              The asshole in me wants to tell your girlfriend to stop being a pussy little bitch about it.

              The concerned forum poster in me wants to tell your girlfriend nearly the same thing.

              Comment

              • Ohaider
                FFR Veteran
                • Jun 2012
                • 2893

                #22
                Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

                flat n slick

                Comment

                • dragon890x
                  ☆Ξ Phantasy Star Legend Ξ☆
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 565

                  #23
                  Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

                  A side note to those posting in this thread, the Qpad MK-85 is the only model that supports USB.

                  [ Link ]

                  Comment

                  • EzExZeRo7497
                    ⠀
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 6858

                    #24
                    Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

                    Originally posted by dragon890x
                    A side note to those posting in this thread, the Qpad MK-85 is the only model that supports USB.
                    I connected my MK-50 via USB.

                    Comment

                    • dragon890x
                      ☆Ξ Phantasy Star Legend Ξ☆
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 565

                      #25
                      Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

                      Originally posted by EzExZeRo7497
                      I connected my MK-50 via USB.
                      That's good to hear. Your USB cable doesn't support full n-key rollover. Full keyboard features are only available when using the PS/2 cable.

                      Your USB connection is mainly used to power the USB hub on the back of your keyboard.

                      [ Link ]

                      Comment

                      • Spoiled_Milk
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 264

                        #26
                        Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

                        I've always wondered how any Mac style KB worked when it comes to FFR..

                        Comment

                        • ilikexd
                          ​
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 3209

                          #27
                          Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

                          Originally posted by ddrkid007
                          @ilikexd, I might consider getting the keyboard you're getting.
                          Is this the right one?

                          http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Mecha.../dp/B005QW1THA
                          Yes that's it.

                          Note the keyboard is somewhat more elevated than the flat kbs I've been using (and a laptop for a while), so I use a small wrist wrest to elevate my wrists up to the keys. Maybe that's just me though.

                          Originally posted by ddrkid007
                          For someone who's been playing on a laptop keyboard for 5 years, would it be a good idea to get a flat-keyboard instead of a mechanical one or should I get a mechanical one and improve myself on that one?
                          Five years is a pretty long time for using the same keyboard, so maybe in your case you might do better with a flat kb. If you're willing to change and adjust, then definitely mech kb>. I've been playing SM/FFR for a little under a year and within only the past two weeks I've noticed improvement from having a mech kb. Not sure if 1 year re-adjustment is equatable to 5 year re-adjustment.

                          Originally posted by Spoiled_Milk
                          I've always wondered how any Mac style KB worked when it comes to FFR..
                          If you're talking about the white, super-slim chiclet keys, I've heard they're terrible and have delay.
                          Last edited by ilikexd; 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM.

                          Comment

                          • ddrkid007
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 407

                            #28
                            Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

                            Originally posted by dragon890x
                            A side note to those posting in this thread, the Qpad MK-85 is the only model that supports USB.
                            I'm getting a desktop this Christmas so....
                            Originally posted by smartdude1212
                            The asshole in me wants to tell your girlfriend to stop being a pussy little bitch about it.

                            The concerned forum poster in me wants to tell your girlfriend nearly the same thing.

                            Comment

                            • dragon890x
                              ☆Ξ Phantasy Star Legend Ξ☆
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 565

                              #29
                              Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

                              Originally posted by ddrkid007
                              I'm getting a desktop this Christmas so....
                              Where are you going with this?

                              [ Link ]

                              Comment

                              • ddrkid007
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Jul 2007
                                • 407

                                #30
                                Re: So, I'm looking for a keyboard to get this Christmas...

                                Originally posted by dragon890x
                                Where are you going with this?
                                Shit, I read it wrong, disregard that .-.
                                Originally posted by smartdude1212
                                The asshole in me wants to tell your girlfriend to stop being a pussy little bitch about it.

                                The concerned forum poster in me wants to tell your girlfriend nearly the same thing.

                                Comment

                                Working...