Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • j-rodd123
    End of the road
    • Oct 2006
    • 3692

    #16
    Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

    Cool releases!

    Pure ruby steals the show, I love this file, Alex you make amazingly fun files man keep it up!

    Magnum was great too samurai, props!

    Originally posted by FictionJunction
    wow

    Comment

    • DossarLX ODI
      Batch Manager
      Game Manager
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2008
      • 15013

      #17
      Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

      DO IT YOURSELF: Just pictured the 16th hands and jumps as 8ths and 4ths. Made the file easier to play through.

      Eight Melodies: Should've just made the 192nd gallops cohesive jumps. For this easy of a file, beginners should be playing files with more consistent rhythms, not confusing colors and weird one-handed gallops.

      Magnum: File would've been way better to play through if the BPM was actually normal. The 32nds and 64ths all over the place were really just unnecessary.

      Mostly Dark Universe: Those one handed gallops, particularly the triplet, are really mean. Bad frame splits.

      Never Enough: Would've been better if the 192nd gallops weren't one handed. I get what people are saying by the one hand bias, but this really wasn't that bad.

      Pure Ruby: The 12341234[12] 32nd roll into the jump and the 16ths after was stepped nicely. Good job on those fluent transitions. Didn't like how the 24ths created a down anchor on the 16th right after, but still nothing extreme.
      Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-8-2012, 06:06 PM.
      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

      Comment

      • hi19hi19
        lol happy
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Oct 2005
        • 12194

        #18
        Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

        Pure Ruby is p.good n stuff


        Comment

        • AlexDest
          good hot
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2007
          • 5309

          #19
          Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

          you guys are amazing n stuff

          :3

          Comment

          • ichliebekase
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2006
            • 3213

            #20
            Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

            I didn't mean that it was excessively one hand bias, I just could tell that it wasn't even, as you say it was Felix. I guess I may have over-exaggerated a bit.
            Glorious Morning - Misc, level 48
            We Will Fly - Dance 2, level 53
            =.The Ocean.= - Dance 2, level 56, collab with krunkykai22
            Garden Party - Dance, level 38

            Comment

            • Wayward Vagabond
              Confirmed Heartbreaker
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2012
              • 5866

              #21
              Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

              gay

              files were fun(i only played magnum)

              Comment

              • Ohaider
                FFR Veteran
                • Jun 2012
                • 2893

                #22
                Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

                Pure Ruby and xKore haha
                nice week

                Comment

                • Xx{Midnight}xX
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 8548

                  #23
                  Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

                  Magnum is disgusting

                  So disgusting I lack the words to insult it properly

                  Do it yourself: Flamingoed. Boring and bad tbh

                  Eight Melodies: This isn't a 4.

                  Never Enough: Was more than enough thanks.

                  Pure Ruby: My play got interrupted by someone standing in my door way who neglects I'm ALWAYS wearing earphones, but this was easily the best chart this week. Nice one Alex.

                  Dark Universe: Boring.
                  Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 09-8-2012, 08:28 PM.

                  Comment

                  • VisD
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 1196

                    #24
                    Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

                    DO IT YOURSELF: Eh would've been nice but I felt those minijacks killed it for me \:

                    Eight Melodies: There needs to be more easy charts like this <3

                    Magnum was damn fun. Despite being the hardest-rated file this week it's probably the one I'll be coming back to. That 2nd 64th pattern was trolly as all hell haha, esp after the 1st one

                    Mostly Dark Universe: It was nice and easy enough to play through for the most part but the ending stuff really took things to another level, though it doesn't seem like it should have, considering how tame the first guitar solo was. Despite that this was still nice~

                    Never Enough: Eh for what the song offers this is pretty much the best I could imagine it being, and it's actually pretty fun. Didn't notice any one-handed bias though (or what the 32nds were going to, for that matter, but that's probably just my speakers)

                    Pure Ruby: jsjsjsjs yay jsjsjsj
                    Last edited by VisD; 09-8-2012, 06:59 PM.


                    Comment

                    • AlexDest
                      good hot
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2007
                      • 5309

                      #25
                      Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

                      raviews

                      Pure Ruby: Easily the better of the 6 files I have in game now. This song was anticipated to be stepped for a while now (could have been done better though).

                      DO IT YOURSELF: I always enjoy a lot of your stepfiles bmah. Stepped well and complete to the song.

                      Eight Melodies: We need more <10 difficulty charts. This was a nice one.

                      Magnum: I don't particularly agree with the 3 note long jacks in the beginning, they just seem so forced for the song. Not only that the song drags on easily. The slow BPM stuff in the beginning and ending makes everything look like a mess with 64ths and 32nds.

                      Mostly Dark Universe: Eh, it's pretty inconsistent in the beginning because you have some jacks longer than they should be. Plus the solo started making the stepfile feel empty. It is your 2nd file in the game so you'll start improving soon.

                      Never Enough: The build-up to the climax should have been cut in my opinion, but when it does get to the climax the file is actually pretty cool to play through. Nice song too.

                      Comment

                      • Elite Ninja
                        Kawaii Desu
                        Event Staff
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 4828

                        #26
                        Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

                        Pure Ruby: I really like this file. Great song and chart. I agree with Dossar on the 24th down anchor thing as it cause me to lose the AAA quite a few times XD.

                        DO IT YOURSELF: Was stepped well. Not a fan of the song but chart made up for it.

                        Eight Melodies: Very nice low difficulty chart. New players should like this one =)

                        Magnum: The only problem I have with this are some of the patterns for the 3 long note jacks. I enjoyed most of the file though.

                        Mostly Dark Universe: Hmmm I don't remember too much about this chart because I AAAed it rather quickly but I don't remember anything wrong with it. I do remember that ending however and I liked it.

                        Never Enough: I liked this xKore chart more than Magnum hehe. Song and steps were great. Bring us more xKore charts, Felix <3
                        Best AAA = Aballava(?) + Serious Shit (97)
                        Best SDG = Fushigi Usagi Milk Tei 8-0-0-3 (101)
                        Best Score = do i smile? 3-0-0-3 (100)

                        Comment

                        • Reshiram
                          The Vast White Note
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2011
                          • 1224

                          #27
                          Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

                          Magnum is my newest vote for Worst File 2012. What a waste of a file, I mean seriously.

                          Comment

                          • Xx{Midnight}xX
                            FFR Player
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 8548

                            #28
                            Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

                            Resh while magnum is still really bad

                            UC is still eons worse

                            Comment

                            • Xx{Midnight}xX
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 8548

                              #29
                              Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

                              No see

                              the community vocally stated for the most part that it should be

                              but we were ignored

                              and every time I actually asked him, which has been like 7 times mind you

                              he ignored me

                              And I understand I might have been taken as trolling

                              but I was serious

                              I'd gladly pay 100k credits AND have epilogue ripped out if UC would be ripped out with it.

                              That is how awful it is

                              And I'd let epilogue go because I'm 100% sure it'd make it the batch immediately following

                              UC would get laughed at and auto failed I imagine
                              Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 09-15-2012, 04:56 PM.

                              Comment

                              • Plan_Bsk81127
                                snooches
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 6420

                                #30
                                Re: Songs of the Week (September 8, 2012)

                                Originally posted by MrPopadopalis25
                                speaking of UC why is that still in-game i thought we all agreed it would be taken out come the end of the tournament
                                nah, its ok for jae to throw in his charts whenever he feels like it. I mean this is the third time its happened, nothing new.

                                Comment

                                Working...