Team Blaze vs Team Pony potential tournament discussion
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: Team Blaze vs Team Pony potential tournament discussion
This assumes that there are an equal number of participants of very similar skill levels from each team, and it also kinda eliminates the TB vs. TP aspect of this tournament.Pretty much. I've never had any experience with lining up a tournament, so it's more of a rough idea than anything thoroughly thought out. Could maybe change it to three separate divisions (and therefore three separate brackets) consisting of D5/D6 pairs, D3/D4 pairs, and D1/D2 pairs.
In that case, someone who is D5 in TP would be paired up with someone who is D6 from TB (or D5 TB member with a D6 TP member). The same format would follow for the other divisions.
This would be more reasonable given the fact that there would probably be fewer people in this tourney than most.
So here's my idea. Hypothetically... (literally, this is just hypothetical)
TB brings: TP brings:
D1- 3 Players 2 Players
D2- 5 Players 3 Players
D3- 4 Players 6 Players
D4- 6 Players 2 Players
D5- 4 Players 3 Players
D6- 2 Players 4 Players
Total: 24 Players 20 Players
The tourny could last 5 weeks. And each week a new song for each division. Then the (up to top 3) players in each division for each team averages their scores together. I realize that some divisions might only have one player, buuut I don't think that'll be a problem. I say top 3 because if a teams division has 6 people or so, then the chances of having a straggler with a very low score increases. Then if the average of D1 TB is higher than D1 TP, TB gets one point, and so on with the winning side of D6 receiving six points. Two reasons for the differentiating points: First of all, that makes it a total of 21 per week or 105 total, which is an odd number (yay!) Secondly, D6 players are absurdly good, and should be rewarded more for their high level of skill, and there's a much lower chance of sandbagging (intentional or unintentional).
So that's my idea. I understand it has some holes, but overall it would be a fun, fair way to compete against the other team.
Short version: Average scores within teams' divisions, and the higher total gets points.sigpicComment
-
Re: Team Blaze vs Team Pony potential tournament discussion
Ductape, that sounds like a good idea. Very similar to mine in fact, with the main difference being that only the top players scores would count in each division. To me it seems like this still leaves out the players of lower skill in each division and keeps the focus on which individual members are the best. I think we should keep the focus on everyone being able to enjoy this. Plus if we include the weaker players (per division) in the averages it gives each team all the more reason to cheer them on to improve their skills.
I definitely think having the points weighted per division is a good idea, especially since it yields a nice way to avoid ties, using an odd number of rounds.
P.S. Sorry Bmah. I guess your proficiency in other areas got the best of me. Although rather than overall tournament structure I simply meant to suggest that if you were helping choose the songs for each round you would be good at being unbiased toward either team and have a good general idea of difficulties. For example someone on one team or the other might choose songs they happen to know members of their team's division are good at. As for difficulty I have a very hard time telling D4 and D5 songs apart and I am sure others would have similar issues, especially for divisions above their own.
Originally posted by psychoangel691No matter what tournament you play it's likely you're going to come across something you don't like or are very bad at. If you want to get into the competitive side of FFR you need to learn how to deal with and overcome these songs/charts.Comment
-
Re: Team Blaze vs Team Pony potential tournament discussion
In my opinion if someone from each team is willing to talk it out about song choices and division placements, the discrepancies will sort themselves out. Bias both directions should result in a somewhat balanced final product.
As far as the averages go, I do agree that it should be more than the top x of each division, because that'll discourage some people from trying imo.
Comment
-
Re: Team Blaze vs Team Pony potential tournament discussion
I'll admit that that was the point. Hype for this tournament seems to be very one-sided in that some members of TB view TP as a team striving for competition when TP doesn't view themselves that way. I understand TB wanting competition when there are really no other active competitive teams, but trying to convert TP into a competitive team really won't work too well. In other words, I imagine that a tourney "with" TP would be a bit more successful than a tourney "against" TP. In this thread so far, only three members of TP have expressed support in a vs. tournament as opposed to seven from TB.Comment
-
Re: Team Blaze vs Team Pony potential tournament discussion
As far as numbers are concerned it seems likely that some are not saying anything one way or the other because their opinion or idea has already been voiced. In my experience it is rare for only one person to have an idea or at the very least agree with what someone already said. On top of that people probably do not want to get involved with what seems like drama until things get a bit more smoothed out.
I am not saying I think most people who want to do this have said nothing, but it is likely more people want to than it seems.Last edited by ryuyasha; 08-17-2012, 02:17 PM.
Originally posted by psychoangel691No matter what tournament you play it's likely you're going to come across something you don't like or are very bad at. If you want to get into the competitive side of FFR you need to learn how to deal with and overcome these songs/charts.Comment
-
Re: Team Blaze vs Team Pony potential tournament discussion
Ok, for tournament structure, I have an idea that would support teamwork and cooperation, making things more team-focused as opposed to focusing on individual scores. This idea assumes that each division will have the same amount of people from both teams. So let's say that D4 has 3 members from each team. For each round, there will be 3 songs to play. However, not everyone is going to play every song. It is up to the team to come up with a strategy because for each round, each song will be played by a different person. So if the songs were Club, EHHS, and The Earth Blew Up, each team will decide which member plays which song, taking into account the strengths and weaknesses of each member so they can get the best combined total score. The team with the best combined total score wins the round and gets a point.
I just woke up, so I hope I worded this right, I'm still half-asleep xPAMA: http://ask.fm/benguino

Originally posted by Spenner(^)> peck peck says the heelsOriginally posted by Xx{Midnight}xXAnd god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.Originally posted by Zakvvv666awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Comment
-
Re: Team Blaze vs Team Pony potential tournament discussion
On behalf of Team Pony, I am calling off this rivalry. There is too many conflicting opinions about this, and the team doesn't want to head in this direction.
YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.
MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.
YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.
YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.
THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.
I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Comment
-
Re: Team Blaze vs Team Pony potential tournament discussion
too bad
Originally posted by One Winged Angel39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xXone way to stream them allOriginally posted by XizRight after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)
But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.Originally posted by thesunfanreplacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).Originally posted by reuben_tateTitle: Popsicle Three
Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!Originally posted by U.N. Owenkjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."
@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of themOriginally posted by Wayward Vagabondyou got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there
dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Originally posted by One Winged Angelpop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)Originally posted by XizWell, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.Comment








Comment