Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ffdfadsdasd
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2006
    • 184

    #16
    Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

    Originally posted by One Winged Angel
    One quick question, any reason as to why this happened?
    I didn't think it was possible for equally distanced notes in the SM editor to grab more than two different frame gaps once in game.
    Wow that's retarded. That turned into a Mourning the Lost gap jack -- I guess there may have been some accidental BPM change inserted before conversion?

    Either way, congratulations on your first file in the official FFR game OWA, even if it doesn't match the file with the epic competition I and Halogen had in the last round of DF Custom Tourney 6 haha.

    I just played the file, and it looks like that part isn't the only place that was weird -- at the end, it looked like there was a 3 frame gap thing going on. I'll have to take another look at how the frames worked out later. The file is definitely a lot different than what I remembered from the DF tournament; it's still tough with the one handed parts.
    Last edited by ffdfadsdasd; 04-12-2012, 11:38 AM.

    Comment

    • hi19hi19
      lol happy
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Oct 2005
      • 12194

      #17
      Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

      Originally posted by MaxGhost
      Rainbow road had a few little things I didn't like, most notably that I noticed was the 3rd set of jumps at the start being (23) when the previous two were the same, but it was a different sound, so I would've done (14) with it or something like that. It didn't really feel right as a (23) for me. Good file otherwise, a bit too many hands though but it was ok. I liked the ending. The song didn't sound anything like the theme from the wii game from what I remember, I actually just played mario kart wii at my nephew's place last weekend. I don't remember it sounding anything like that at all.
      The beginning is not PR, it goes to Lakitu's lights
      Think outside the box!

      Also, you're probably confusing this theme with the much more well known N64 or SNES Rainbow Road songs. The Wii version is pretty, but not nearly as instantly recognizable.


      Comment

      • woker-X
        .... :.. .:. ::
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2007
        • 1040

        #18
        Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

        Great files this week.

        Congrats again OWA :3 ... you did a great job (my hands hurts so much).

        also, the beginning of teraholic caught me off guard... any reason for not having the 2 seconds silence??


        also, yay.. Rainbow Road from Wii \o/

        Comment

        • who_cares973
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2006
          • 15407

          #19
          Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

          Originally posted by One Winged Angel
          One quick question, any reason as to why this happened?
          I didn't think it was possible for equally distanced notes in the SM editor to grab more than two different frame gaps once in game.
          same thing happened with champion freeverse. just a shitty conversion error nothing else

          Comment

          • 00Razor00
            FFR Player
            • Jul 2006
            • 3530

            #20
            Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

            Originally posted by woker-X
            also, the beginning of teraholic caught me off guard... any reason for not having the 2 seconds silence??
            it wasn't needed as far as i recall stepping it


            also, 'grats to Rob on his first file in game! Canary is pretty good, although the DF version is tons better. Nice job nonetheless.

            thanks for ze comments on teraholic


            Originally posted by t-rogdor
            hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

            Comment

            • MaxGhost
              FFR Veteran
              • Feb 2008
              • 2141

              #21
              Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

              @hi19, I still think that little thing should've been (14) instead. I get that it was the countdown sound, but I mean... the "go" sound is different, therefore I don't like it being the same arrows. That's all.

              Comment

              • bmah
                shots FIRED
                Profile Moderator
                FFR Simfile Author
                Global Moderator
                • Oct 2003
                • 8448

                #22
                Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

                Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                Yeah I really wanted that chart to be almost pushing the 13 barrier tbh, but the original 48th jumptrill-esque bursts that were ultimately replaced by hands were pretty fuccen gay, so whatever lol.

                Not entirely pleased with the finished product but eh, I could always use the 'first file' excuse haha.
                ok I swear I won't bug you anymore haha, I just sent the final version for Canary to the batch email and I actually really like it, even though it's much easier than I'd originally anticipated
                oh come on, you liked it or no?

                Comment

                • One Winged Angel
                  Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 10837

                  #23
                  Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

                  lol it turned out better than I was expecting when I PM'd you that, even though I still prefer the original haha


                  Originally posted by ilikexd
                  i want to be cucked by cirno

                  Comment

                  • bballa48
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 1496

                    #24
                    Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

                    Canary is awesome, but I still wish you didn't make it easier I just played the DF one again, and it is one of the few "dumps" that doesn't feel dumpy to me at all (that makes no sense, but whatever).

                    Still, I enjoyed it. Its rating kinda sucks though... easier than Ketsarku?? Put it right before Rage Template
                    Last edited by bballa48; 04-12-2012, 05:16 PM.
                    "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
                    Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

                    Comment

                    • jimerax
                      ★★★★★
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 8185

                      #25
                      Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

                      I didn't say it should be watered down overall (like, change all bursts to jump/hands), just said to fix particular parts that I mentioned in the thread. plus, didn't reject the first fix.

                      not bad changes though.
                      Last edited by jimerax; 04-12-2012, 05:18 PM.

                      Comment

                      • One Winged Angel
                        Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 10837

                        #26
                        Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

                        Changing the bursts to hands was really the only thing I could do after the original submission was conditionally queued. I'm not sure if you've seen the original file but the 32nd jumptrills you wanted me to change used to be 48th bursts haha. If you thought the two 48th jumptrills were too spiky, I sure as hell wasn't gonna beef back up the other sections for the fixes in the resubmission lol.

                        Doesn't matter though, I'm fine with it lol


                        Originally posted by ilikexd
                        i want to be cucked by cirno

                        Comment

                        • jimerax
                          ★★★★★
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 8185

                          #27
                          Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

                          ok np, it's all better except for in terms of "harder file to challenge", imo.

                          as for while arrow part, these are on frame # 1761, 1764, 1769, 1773.
                          I'll shift 1764 one to 1765.
                          Last edited by jimerax; 04-12-2012, 05:36 PM.

                          Comment

                          • DossarLX ODI
                            Batch Manager
                            Game Manager
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 15013

                            #28
                            Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

                            So I took the time to look at how messed up the conversion for Canary Part V was


                            To start, left pictures are the Dragonsfury version, and the right pictures are the current FFR version.

                            - First picture has a red arrow pointing to the frame it ended up being converted to, while the yellow box is what it SHOULD have been placed as.
                            - Second picture shows how it was a clean 4 frame conversion for DF, but then not so clean in FFR.
                            - Third picture again shows DF's clean conversion while FFR for some reason has a weird ass "Mourning the Lost" gap
                            - Fourth picture, FFR version has a 2 frame interval instead of DF's version which has a 1 frame interval.
                            - The fifth picture is absolutely disgusting. A jack is formed in the FFR version along with a 2 frame interval, and it seriously is just gross. Although actually the DF version has a nasty 2 frame interval but not in a terrible spot.
                            - Sixth (last) picture is the same as the first picture, it ended up being placed on a 3 frame interval in FFR instead of the 4th frame interval it should have been placed as.





                            My suggestion? Manually edit the steps so they match what they should have matched. I'll be glad to help out with this if jimerax isn't up for it. This mainly concerns me because it ruins the clean jumptrilling that the file was intentionally stepped for
                            Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 04-12-2012, 09:26 PM.
                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                            Comment

                            • bmah
                              shots FIRED
                              Profile Moderator
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              Global Moderator
                              • Oct 2003
                              • 8448

                              #29
                              Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

                              I don't think many people have the analytical expertise to detect framers to that degree like you do, so be my guest.

                              Comment

                              • DossarLX ODI
                                Batch Manager
                                Game Manager
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 15013

                                #30
                                Re: Songs of the Week (April 12, 2012)

                                All I need is the mp3 that was used before converting the file -- then I can manually shift some stuff around.

                                PM me or AIM me to send it over please
                                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                                oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                                Comment

                                Working...