Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DossarLX ODI
    Batch Manager
    Game Manager
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2008
    • 15013

    #16
    Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

    Unlike in R^3's actual rate function, the judgement windows themselves will also be slowed down to 0.00001x rate rather than kept as individual frames, otherwise this would be impossible. (Obviously.)
    Wait, so what does this mean in terms of timing on posts? 3333 seconds for a frame on .00001 rate is a little less than an hour, so would being a few minutes off in the calculations due to rounding still make amazings?

    Also guys 6:23 PM EST is approaching in a few minutes; get ready to post the down arrow for the second note
    Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 08-15-2013, 04:14 PM.
    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #17
      Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

      ...OOOOOH, I get this thread now. Haha. Wow, this is kind of clever.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • DossarLX ODI
        Batch Manager
        Game Manager
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2008
        • 15013

        #18
        Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate



        Amazing!
        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

        Comment

        • Untimely Friction
          D6 Challeneged
          • Aug 2012
          • 1267

          #19
          Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

          inb4 dossar AAA's Excitebike 0.00001x

          Comment

          • DossarLX ODI
            Batch Manager
            Game Manager
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2008
            • 15013

            #20
            Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

            First note was hit August 15th, 3:36 PM EST (2:36 PM Server Time. For server time, subtract an hour from EST)

            Frame differences from the previous note

            2nd note [down] : 3 [ frame 46 to frame 49 ] <-- hit on August 15th, 6:23 PM EST
            3rd note [up] : 7
            4th note [down] : 7
            5th note [left] : 4
            6th note [right] : 7
            7th note [up] : 7
            8th note [down] : 7
            9th note [up] : 3
            10th note [right] : 7
            11th note [up] : 11
            12th note [up] : 7
            13th note [up] : 7
            14th note [down] : 3
            15th note [left] : 7
            16th note [right] : 25
            17th note [up] : 7
            18th note [down] : 7
            19th note [left] : 7
            20th note [down] : 3
            21st note [up] : 7
            22nd note [right] : 4
            23rd note [down] : 7
            24th note [up] : 7
            25th note [left] : 3
            26th note [down] : 7
            27th note [up] : 4
            28th note [right] : 3
            29th note [left] : 7
            30th note [down] : 7
            31st note [up] : 7
            32nd note [right] : 3

            This is for calculating how long you need to wait in between every note. Currently we've hit the first two notes, so we need to wait ~389 minutes for the third note, going from 6:23 PM EST to August 16th 12:52 AM EST. I'm not exactly sure if the rounding discrepancies will be big enough that we'll get some perfects instead of amazings.
            Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 08-15-2013, 04:36 PM.
            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

            Comment

            • Zapmeister
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2012
              • 466

              #21
              Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

              Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
              Wait, so what does this mean in terms of timing on posts? 3333 seconds for a frame on .00001 rate is a little less than an hour, so would being a few minutes off in the calculations due to rounding still make amazings?
              yes that's right. i figured the timing should be the easy part, the hard part is getting enough people to do this thing across a wide spread of time zones as the sponcon carries on, since each person can only post one arrow. so being off by a few minutes shouldn't matter (as long as you go the right way of course, since i stated the arrow at the start is the very beginning of the amazing frame)

              also if everyone rushed to post at the same minute i can imagine a bunch of double-post zero-framer boos. that would be hilarious, but sort of misses the point of this

              Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

              ask me anything here

              mashed FCs: 329

              r1: 5
              r2: 4
              r3: 6
              r4: 8
              r5: 3
              r6: 5
              r7: 15
              final position: 4th

              Comment

              • Xiz
                TWG Chaos
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2012
                • 3399

                #22
                Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

                I still don't understand what's going on here. Am I just retarded? Yeah.

                Comment

                • DossarLX ODI
                  Batch Manager
                  Game Manager
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 15013

                  #23
                  Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

                  Originally posted by Xiz
                  I still don't understand what's going on here. Am I just retarded? Yeah.
                  I'm no longer allowed to post any more arrows because I just posted the second note on the previous page. Currently we need to hit the third note in the song which is an up arrow. Also, this got bottom paged:

                  First note was hit August 15th, 3:36 PM EST (2:36 PM Server Time. For server time, subtract an hour from EST)

                  Frame differences from the previous note

                  2nd note [down] : 3 [ frame 46 to frame 49 ] <-- hit on August 15th, 6:23 PM EST
                  3rd note [up] : 7
                  4th note [down] : 7
                  5th note [left] : 4
                  6th note [right] : 7
                  7th note [up] : 7
                  8th note [down] : 7
                  9th note [up] : 3
                  10th note [right] : 7
                  11th note [up] : 11
                  12th note [up] : 7
                  13th note [up] : 7
                  14th note [down] : 3
                  15th note [left] : 7
                  16th note [right] : 25
                  17th note [up] : 7
                  18th note [down] : 7
                  19th note [left] : 7
                  20th note [down] : 3
                  21st note [up] : 7
                  22nd note [right] : 4
                  23rd note [down] : 7
                  24th note [up] : 7
                  25th note [left] : 3
                  26th note [down] : 7
                  27th note [up] : 4
                  28th note [right] : 3
                  29th note [left] : 7
                  30th note [down] : 7
                  31st note [up] : 7
                  32nd note [right] : 3

                  This is for calculating how long you need to wait in between every note. Currently we've hit the first two notes, so we need to wait ~389 minutes for the third note, going from 6:23 PM EST to August 16th 12:52 AM EST. I'm not exactly sure if the rounding discrepancies will be big enough that we'll get some perfects instead of amazings.
                  Originally posted by hi19hi19
                  oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                  Comment

                  • Xiz
                    TWG Chaos
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 3399

                    #24
                    Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

                    Ah I get it now. Holy crap this is silly. I love it hahaha

                    Comment

                    • DossarLX ODI
                      Batch Manager
                      Game Manager
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 15013

                      #25
                      Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

                      Clarification: One frame on .00001 in this case is 3333.33 seconds, which is around 55 minutes. So if a post is made within 55 minutes of these posted timestamps, it will be an amazing.

                      First note was hit August 15th, 3:36 PM EST (2:36 PM Server Time. For server time, subtract an hour from EST)

                      Estimated times for every note

                      2nd note [down] : 3 <-- hit on August 15th, 6:23 PM EST
                      3rd note [up] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 15th 6:23 PM EST --> Aug 16th 12:52 AM EST
                      4th note [down] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 16th 12:52 AM EST --> Aug 16th 7:21 AM EST
                      5th note [left] : 4 [ ~222 minutes/3 hr 42 min ] Aug 16th 7:21 AM EST --> Aug 16th 11:03 AM EST
                      6th note [right] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 16th 11:03 AM EST --> Aug 16th 5:32 PM EST
                      7th note [up] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 16th 5:32 PM EST --> Aug 17th 12:01 AM EST
                      8th note [down] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 17th 12:01 AM EST --> Aug 17th 6:30 AM EST
                      9th note [up] : 3 [ ~167 minutes/2 hr 47 min ] Aug 17th 6:30 AM EST --> Aug 17th 9:17 AM EST
                      10th note [right] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 17th 9:17 AM EST --> Aug 17th 3:46 PM EST
                      11th note [up] : 11 [ ~611 minutes/10 hr 11 min ] Aug 17th 3:46 PM EST --> Aug 18th 1:57 AM EST
                      12th note [up] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 18th 1:57 AM EST --> Aug 18th 8:26 AM EST
                      13th note [up] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 18th 8:26 AM EST --> Aug 18th 2:55 PM EST
                      14th note [down] : 3 [ ~167 minutes/2 hr 47 min ] Aug 18th 2:55 PM EST --> Aug 18th 5:42 PM EST
                      15th note [left] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 18th 5:42 PM EST --> Aug 19th 12:11 AM EST
                      16th note [right] : 25 [ ~1389 minutes/23 hr 9 min ] Aug 19th 12:11 AM EST --> Aug 19th 11:20 PM EST (this one is almost a full 24 hours)
                      17th note [up] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 19th 11:20 PM EST --> Aug 20th 5:49 AM EST
                      18th note [down] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 20th 5:49 AM EST --> Aug 20th 12:18 PM EST
                      19th note [left] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 20th 12:18 PM EST --> Aug 20th 6:47 PM EST
                      20th note [down] : 3 [ ~167 minutes/2 hr 47 min ] Aug 20th 6:47 PM EST --> Aug 20th 9:34 PM EST
                      21st note [up] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 20th 9:34 PM EST --> Aug 21st 4:03 AM EST
                      22nd note [right] : 4 [ ~222 minutes/3 hr 42 min ] Aug 21st 4:03 AM EST --> Aug 21st 7:45 AM EST
                      23rd note [down] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 21st 7:45 AM EST --> Aug 21st 2:14 PM EST
                      24th note [up] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 21st 2:14 PM EST --> Aug 21st 8:43 PM EST
                      25th note [left] : 3 [ ~167 minutes/2 hr 47 min ] Aug 21st 8:43 PM EST --> Aug 21st 11:30 PM EST
                      26th note [down] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 21st 11:30 PM EST --> Aug 22nd 6:59 AM EST
                      27th note [up] : 4 [ ~222 minutes/3 hr 42 min ] Aug 22nd 6:59 AM EST --> Aug 22nd 10:41 AM EST
                      28th note [right] : 3 [ ~167 minutes/2 hr 47 min ] Aug 22nd 10:41 AM EST --> Aug 22nd 1:28 PM EST
                      29th note [left] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 22nd 1:28 PM EST --> Aug 22nd 7:57 PM EST
                      30th note [down] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 22nd 7:57 PM EST --> Aug 23rd 2:26 AM EST
                      31st note [up] : 7 [ ~389 minutes/6 hr 29 min ] Aug 23rd 2:26 AM EST --> Aug 23rd 8:55 AM EST
                      32nd note [right] : 3 [ ~167 minutes/2 hr 47 min ] Aug 23rd 8:55 AM EST --> Aug 23rd 11:42 AM EST
                      Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 08-15-2013, 08:29 PM.
                      Originally posted by hi19hi19
                      oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                      Comment

                      • EzExZeRo7497
                        ⠀
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 6858

                        #26
                        Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

                        Would probably help out with the AM EST ones. This is probably going to be fun l0l

                        which arrow though hmmmmmmmmm

                        Comment

                        • DossarLX ODI
                          Batch Manager
                          Game Manager
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 15013

                          #27
                          Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

                          Alright so we need to keep several things in mind:

                          1) Since each user can only post one arrow, we need users to hit the rest of the notes. I and Zapmeister have already hit the first two, and we don't want boos being hit from double posting at the same time.
                          2) reuben tate brought up an interesting point that Zapmeister hit the beginning of the amazing frame for the first note. My post might have been an early perfect because of it; the timestamps I posted are barely on the beginning edge of an amazing and near the late edge of an early perfect. Therefore, adding around 25 minutes to those timestamps I posted will get us closer to hitting in the center of the amazing window. An amazing in this case is 55 minutes long.
                          Originally posted by hi19hi19
                          oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                          Comment

                          • AlexDest
                            good hot
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 5309

                            #28
                            Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

                            Why

                            Comment

                            • TC_Halogen
                              Rhythm game specialist.
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 19376

                              #29
                              Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

                              Originally posted by AlexDest
                              Why

                              Comment

                              • Tim Allen
                                B^)
                                • Jul 2013
                                • 1129

                                #30
                                Re: Sponcon: Excite Bike 0.00001x rate

                                he's not here yet

                                Comment

                                Working...