Classical Music Requests

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ice wolf
    FFR Player
    • Feb 2007
    • 852

    #31
    Re: Classical Music Requests

    Scintill, would you mind taking me through the process of how you make these? What programs and stuff do you use? Also, how do you add pedaling to MIDI files? This would be really useful for some stuff I need to do for school.
    Reverse for life!




    ^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

    The best noteskin ever: Skittles


    Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

    Comment

    • SKG_Scintill
      Spun a twirly fruitcake,
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2009
      • 3877

      #32
      Re: Classical Music Requests

      As I said (maybe in another thread) I use Noteworthy Composer, there is a simple pedal function in it which look like this:
      Sustain Pedal:
      And to stop it:
      After I did this, changed a few notes, changed some volume, I save the new midi.
      Thereafter I open it in Fruity Loops, replace the midi-sound with a VSTi (I use EDIROL Orchestral for like 95% of my .mp3's), quantize if necessary, then spend 10-20 minutes equalizing and compressing to a good smooth sound. Export it as a .mp3 and upload it on 2Shared





      Originally posted by bluguerilla
      So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
      ___
      . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
      . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
      .

      Comment

      • Bluearrowll
        ⊙▃⊙
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Nov 2007
        • 7376

        #33
        Re: Classical Music Requests

        Stepped Badinerie
        1st in Kommisar's 2009 SM Tournament
        1st in I Love You`s 2009 New Year`s Tournament
        3rd in EnR's Mashfest '08 tournament
        5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
        9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
        10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
        10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

        FMO AAA Count: 71
        FGO AAA Count: 10

        Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
        PS: Cool AAA's Terry
        - I Love You


        An Alarm Clock's Haiku
        beep beep beep beep beep
        beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
        beep beep beep beep beep
        - ieatyourlvllol

        Comment

        • sc979
          FFR Player
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2006
          • 1644

          #34
          Re: Classical Music Requests

          Requesting Chopin Etude Op. 10 - 3
          ...

          Comment

          • Xandertrax
            om nom nom
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2005
            • 1495

            #35
            Re: Classical Music Requests

            op. 10 no 3 is already in-game!

            (meaning I have the midi, if you want it.)

            Comment

            • SKG_Scintill
              Spun a twirly fruitcake,
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2009
              • 3877

              #36
              Re: Classical Music Requests

              That Debussy prelude has got the be the freakiest piano piece I have ever heard





              Originally posted by bluguerilla
              So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
              ___
              . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
              . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
              .

              Comment

              • Xandertrax
                om nom nom
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2005
                • 1495

                #37
                Re: Classical Music Requests

                Rach, op. 23. not 33. he doesn't even have op. 33 preludes.

                Comment

                • SKG_Scintill
                  Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 3877

                  #38
                  Re: Classical Music Requests

                  (Edited)*
                  I don't see what you like about that Rachmaninov Prelude, it's not very interesting and it wouldn't make a fun file. Plus the bpm is stuck at 120 in the midi...

                  *Edit: Wait, that's the etude you're talking about mate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuvXP...eature=related

                  Edit v2: Ice Wolf, unfortunately for me I will have to make your two Rachmaninoff Preludes myself, there are currently no existing midis of them on the internet, it may take a while...

                  Edit v3: Maybe I am going to make my own midi of that Coaxing the Piano song, but I don't know when or if I will

                  Edit v4: Ehh... I can't make midis, because all midi sounds have stopped!
                  I don't get any sound out of any midi-instrument, in none of my programs O.o
                  This is the first time this has happened, has anyone else had this before? And if so, do you know what to do about it?
                  (P.S: Yes, my volume is on...)
                  Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 08-30-2009, 06:57 PM.





                  Originally posted by bluguerilla
                  So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                  ___
                  . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                  . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                  .

                  Comment

                  • Ice wolf
                    FFR Player
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 852

                    #39
                    Re: Classical Music Requests

                    Originally posted by SKG_Scintill
                    Edit v2: Ice Wolf, unfortunately for me I will have to make your two Rachmaninoff Preludes myself, there are currently no existing midis of them on the internet, it may take a while...
                    As I said, I just wanted to see how they turn out. Don't feel like you have to make them. If I do make some requests, I'll make sure you have a decent MIDI file first. (Here's a MIDI for Ondine if you want to do it instead: http://www.classicalmidiconnection.c...ravel/GASPARD1 This would make one heck of a file, I might add.)

                    As for doing it myself, I think I'm starting to understand a little more. Right now I need help on actually replacing the MIDI sound with a VST in FL Studio. Would you explain how that works?
                    Reverse for life!




                    ^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

                    The best noteskin ever: Skittles


                    Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

                    Comment

                    • Xandertrax
                      om nom nom
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 1495

                      #40
                      Re: Classical Music Requests

                      Eh, maybe i'm just going off of playing it. That piece is really fun to play.

                      And I've never had my midi instrument disappear... try re-loading the software?

                      Comment

                      • Ice wolf
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 852

                        #41
                        Re: Classical Music Requests

                        Have you checked if, specifically, your SW Synth is on, instead of your main volume?
                        Reverse for life!




                        ^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

                        The best noteskin ever: Skittles


                        Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

                        Comment

                        • clarinet89
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 899

                          #42
                          Re: Classical Music Requests

                          I'd love to see George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, but I don't have the time or resources to make a midi of it.

                          Questionable Content

                          Comment

                          • SKG_Scintill
                            Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 3877

                            #43
                            Re: Classical Music Requests

                            1. Fixed my midi-problem, somehow my Midi Output changed to a custom setting *shrugs*
                            2. I already added Ondine
                            3. Ice Wolf's VST question:
                            Right, to start off, I may assume you have a screen that looks something like this once you open a midi?

                            To replace a sound with a VST, right-click the block that (in this image that is) says "Ondine: M...", go to the replace tab and replace it with, for example, Sytrus. This is how you replace the midi with a STANDARD VSTi of Fruity Loops.

                            Now, there are many VSTs on the internet, some are free to download, and mostly come as a .zip
                            Once you have downloaded a VST plugin, extract the folder (or just the .dll if there is no folder) to your VSTPlugins folder (this folder was added when you installed FL).
                            If you've done that, open Fruity Loops and go to the Channels tab, to the Add One tab and click "More..."

                            In the right-bottom corner is a button that says "Refresh", click it, then click on "Fast scan (recommended). It SHOULD say in red words "1 new plugin has been found" or something and that plugin should thereby be added to the list. Click the block left of it so it turns into an F:

                            Now you can replace your standard midi-sound with this plugin the way I explained in the beginning.

                            I hope this has helped you out, because it's now half past 3 at night, I'm going to bed, I'll answer further questions tomorrow





                            Originally posted by bluguerilla
                            So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                            ___
                            . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                            . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                            .

                            Comment

                            • Ice wolf
                              FFR Player
                              • Feb 2007
                              • 852

                              #44
                              Re: Classical Music Requests

                              Wow, pictures and everything. Thanks. I'll look into it more tomorrow as it is getting late here, too.
                              Reverse for life!




                              ^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

                              The best noteskin ever: Skittles


                              Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

                              Comment

                              • sc979
                                FFR Player
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 1644

                                #45
                                Re: Classical Music Requests

                                Originally posted by Xandertrax
                                op. 10 no 3 is already in-game!

                                (meaning I have the midi, if you want it.)
                                Oh yeah... that easy file... forgot about that. <_<

                                But it's cut. I like the part that comes after where the file ends.
                                ...

                                Comment

                                Working...