talisman syncs things so you don't have to

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #16
    Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

    black rose burial stuff done now.

    and to ice (and others), like tass said I'm mainly focusing on stuff for ffr, especially for widgets. I'll try to help you if I can on your own stuff but I probably won't have the time.

    also tass I don't know what you're going to assign me next but some good ol' 4/4 songs would be just dandy with me after those two black rose burials.

    Comment

    • rshadow8888
      FFR's Buizel
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2005
      • 3120

      #17
      Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

      Originally posted by RB_IcePh0enix
      Oh that's cool. Honestly, I don't think you need to make 50,000 widgets but this will help the process.
      If the band gives us permission and wants one, we need to provide them with one.

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #18
        Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

        ice: you may not think we need to make them.... but making them gets us revenue and exposure (which results in revenue).

        more revenue, more cool stuff we can do.

        so, believe me, you want us doing as many god damn widgets as we can.

        and talisman... would you mind putting your newest sync'd stuff at the bottom? as opposed to putting it in the middle or somewhere else? just want it to be easy to find for people.
        RIP

        Comment

        • talisman
          Resident Penguin
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2003
          • 4598

          #19
          Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

          yeah that's what I was doing except for black rose which I decided to stick with the other one.

          Comment

          • TK_pavonineukon
            FFR Player
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 164

            #20
            Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

            Wow, you really don't have to try and kill yourself on these things. The Answer should be only one solid BPM: 170.02
            Correct pronunciation of my s/n:

            (tē-kā'-păv'ə-nīn'-yū-kŏn)

            Abbreviations of my s/n that make me go or make me want to rip my eyeballs out of their sockets:

            pavon, pavonin (um... what's a pavonin???)

            Correct abbreviations that put a on my face:

            pav, pavo, TK_pav, pavonine (which is an actual word and I prefer it much more with the "e"), pkon, and anything else as long as it makes sense

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #21
              Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

              please stop posting. thanks.
              RIP

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #22
                Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

                in all honesty you could probably get away with a constant bpm on the answer since there's so little variability. It might not get noticeably off (then again, it might). But the .02 should tell you something... no one sits down to write a song and goes "let's have it right around 170.02!" Whenever mixmeister tells you something like that you ought to be aware that something is up.

                Comment

                • TK_pavonineukon
                  FFR Player
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 164

                  #23
                  Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

                  But then again, It's very hard for a band to say, "Let's make this song at a good 170 bpm," and have it exactly on the spot.

                  And Tass, sorry for unnoticeably ticking you off, or if you are talking about page numbers on this thread, then sorry for that too.
                  Correct pronunciation of my s/n:

                  (tē-kā'-păv'ə-nīn'-yū-kŏn)

                  Abbreviations of my s/n that make me go or make me want to rip my eyeballs out of their sockets:

                  pavon, pavonin (um... what's a pavonin???)

                  Correct abbreviations that put a on my face:

                  pav, pavo, TK_pav, pavonine (which is an actual word and I prefer it much more with the "e"), pkon, and anything else as long as it makes sense

                  Comment

                  • talisman
                    Resident Penguin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4598

                    #24
                    Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

                    ...exactly. which is why it isn't exactly 170.02 the whole way through. and which is the whole purpose of doing this stuff manually. Obviously I'm not perfect and none of my syncs will be 100% accurate, but the beauty of the method is that any mistakes made while recording tend to be washed out by averaging multiple runs.

                    Comment

                    • talisman
                      Resident Penguin
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2003
                      • 4598

                      #25
                      Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

                      first post updated with a guide with my sync method in it now. ask questions here if you have any, I'm sure I missed something.

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #26
                        Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

                        oh one thing I forgot: it helps to just manually set it so that the first beat does actually fall on the very first sixteenth so that you don't mess your gap up.

                        Comment

                        • Tasselfoot
                          Retired BOSS
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 25185

                          #27
                          Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

                          talisman: couldn't you just copypasta a blank {6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666} etc etc etc dwi into your new dwi? as opposed to having to do all the 64th jack work over and over again each time. that way you'd only have to do it once.
                          RIP

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #28
                            Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

                            sure but you might have to lengthen or shorten it depending on how long the song is.

                            Comment

                            • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
                              Threat Emulation
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2004
                              • 5184

                              #29
                              Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

                              The system works... Its just a little hard the first time through.

                              Originally posted by Lightdarkness
                              I'm light f**king darkness

                              Comment

                              • Xandertrax
                                om nom nom
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2005
                                • 1495

                                #30
                                Re: talisman syncs things so you don't have to

                                I'm hitting issues once I get to Word. When i get my find & replace box, nothing shows up in it. It just comes up blank.

                                therefore, i can't figure out how to get it to register the return between the brackets.

                                Any solutions?

                                Edit: nevermind. enough problemsolving works every time. : )

                                Comment

                                Working...