Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark
Default ITT you explain your perfect day.

I'm wondering what everyone's idea of an absolutely (realistic) perfect day would consist of.

Mine would be simplistic, I don't want a ton of running around, doing tons of things seems to just add stress more than relieve it.

First off, I'd like to start off really early in the morning by getting coffee and sitting down in the sand on a cold breezy morning with my significant other, watching the surfers eat shit on waves. Paint the sunrise right there on the beach. Head into San Francisco and have breakfast/brunch at a nice buffet restaurant. Ride out on a long motorcycle ride into the redwood forest for a long backpacking hike, just taking in the clean air and natural beauty. Pitch a tent near a river, try our hand at fishing, dangling feet in the water. Build a huge bonfire and pop open a nice bottle of red wine, get a fairly decent buzz going, and then a few hours of sexy time, then fall asleep under the stars.

Mine pretty much just sounds like an awesome date or something, but that's my idea of a perfect day.

You?
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e
Default Re: ITT you explain your perfect day.

Hot damn i wish I was dating shayne
Old 03-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Pretty much just spending a day with a girl, sort of like yours. It's all a lot of people really want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

nice thread DS

My perfect day would be waking up early at about 6 am (in Tokyo) and having of course my cup of coffee with my wife and daughter (i don't have one) then we would out after taking my child to school. we would go downtown and i would buy her anything she wanted cause i am like that. then we would have to go to the Pokemon center in Tokyo so i could get a giant stuffed Pikachu for our daughter. by that point we would go to a nice restaurant for lunch i of course would have the Tokyo Style Ramen and for her no matter how expensive she can have it, afterwards we would go pick up our daughter and i would surprise her with the Pikachu. then we would go home i would check my FFR account and play a few songs (yes really i would) while my wife is making dinner. after dinner my wife would call a sitter and we would go out to a nice movie. then at the end of the night we would come home i would tuck my daughter into bed and kiss her goodnight. and me and my wife would go snuggle in bed in till we fell asleep in each others arms.

i am not sure if that is "Realistic" but thats my idea of a perfect day
Old 03-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
trumaestro
I don't get no respect
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

My perfect day just involves hanging with friends smoking hookah. And drinking a little bit. But mostly hookah.
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
Glucuronolactone
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Glucuronolactone

I’ve experienced the perfect day and it makes me feel fantastic.

On the perfect day, I’d be curled up in my room reading a book. My dog would be curled up next to me. It’d be rainy but warm outside. I’d have no homework to do or need to go to work. I would have just a huge craving to read all day.

It’s simple, but these days make me the happiest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Take the good in with the bad, change what you can, accept what you can't, and reach out to ask for help whenever you're incredibly overwhelmed.

Glucuronolactone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #8
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Very interesting topic. And your perfect day sounds amazing. I hope one day, it will happen.

In my perfect day, I want to wake up with someone I love right next to me and smile at her. I want my kids to run in my room to scream "Daddy!" as I smile at them and give them a hug. Then head downstairs to eat with the entire family for breakfast filled with happiness and laughter. Then I'll drive them to school and watch them wave good-bye as they excel in their lives and have a great time in school. I want to sit with my wife outside by the beach and keep a smile on her face as we both are having the greatest times of our life. In terms of working, I want to work in a very low stress job with a very good salary (any suggestions on this for a math major?) so that I can support my family. I want to go to a park one day with my children to have a great conversation of what it's like to be in this world and what is there that the world has to offer. I want to make great friends who I can trust and spend some time with them for a good amount of time as well. On my leisure time, I want to sit in the morning sun and write music for fun, play the piano and sing for fun, or sit outside and solve puzzles. I also want to spend some time with my parents, and give them a chance to make their dreams come true, because they deserve more than they get. After spending the entire day, I want to put my kids back to bed, read them a bedtime story with my wife by the side, kiss them good night, and head to bed with her. Give one last kiss to my wife and hopefully start over.

I know it sounds wayy too sappy and it's sorta embarrassing, but I am being completely honest about this perfect day.
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
I'm wondering what everyone's idea of an absolutely (realistic) perfect day would consist of.

Mine would be simplistic, I don't want a ton of running around, doing tons of things seems to just add stress more than relieve it.

First off, I'd like to start off really early in the morning by getting coffee and sitting down in the sand on a cold breezy morning with my significant other, watching the surfers eat shit on waves. Paint the sunrise right there on the beach. Head into San Francisco and have breakfast/brunch at a nice buffet restaurant. Ride out on a long motorcycle ride into the redwood forest for a long backpacking hike, just taking in the clean air and natural beauty. Pitch a tent near a river, try our hand at fishing, dangling feet in the water. Build a huge bonfire and pop open a nice bottle of red wine, get a fairly decent buzz going, and then a few hours of sexy time, then fall asleep under the stars.

Mine pretty much just sounds like an awesome date or something, but that's my idea of a perfect day.

You?
Wow, this is perfect. I have thought about this question before and generally am unable to decide on anything, but you just answered the question for me...

But I guess I can attempt to contribute a different "type" of perfect day.

Wake up at 7 am, totally refreshed. Walk outside of my cabin in the mountains (in North Carolina probably, preferably in Boone), and go for a good 10-12 mile run with my two best friends. I would then sit around watching the World Cup while stretching and soaking in the endorphins. We would then cook a pancake breakfast, followed by a short nap in front of the TV. I would then take my girl out for a hike, followed by a picnic. We would just drive around and enjoy the country until dinner, when we would grab some takeout Chinese food and head back to the cabin. After eating said food, we would watch the sunset on our porch (with a hottub), before heading back inside for some sex and a movie. Perfecto.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:13 PM   #10
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Man, this was really, *really* hard. I feel like I need more than 24 hours in a day to do everything.

When I think about past days I've had in my life that I've looked back on extremely fondly, I'd probably combine elements in this way:

Probably wake up in a place like San Francisco to amazing, sunny weather with my girlfriend. Have some morning fun and then grab breakfast together with friends (a place with really good waffles), after which we'd go to a beautiful beach nearby and enjoy the sun/breeze/sand/water with a stereo/some speakers going (we'd all have our iPods handy so we could swap in and share stuff we liked from time to time). Maybe dick around and play volleyball/soccer/ultimate frisbee/etc.

When mid-day rolled around, we'd to to lunch at a really good Japanese restaurant that offered amazing food (I'd probably order a sort of chicken/steak/shrimp stir-fry with noodles, rice, salad, and iced teas/lemonades).

During the afternoon, everyone would then go to a house party slash pool party at a nearby friend's place. Pool in the backyard, big-screen TV going inside for those who wanted to veg out a bit, hammock off to the side, plenty of drinks/snacks for everyone to enjoy, etc.

As things started to get late, some friends and I would duke it out on some multiplayer games for a few hours (mainly stuff like SSBM). Even later on into the night we might trek it up to some nearby peaks with great views, start up a bonfire (with the intention of making s'mores or chatting it up/sharing stories), lounge around and admire the stars, etc.

Girlfriend and I would then head back home, etc etc etc.

tldr basically a lot of beach, good food, friends, nice scenery, gaming, good weather, and sex. XD
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:13 PM   #11
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Where multiple random fortunate events happen to me for no reason. That is about it. A good day would be fortunate events happening due to me trying.

A fortunate event could be anything from finding money on the ground to finishing my homework on time. If someone compliments me on something then that would be random. Finishing a project makes me feel accomplished, but I have to work for it.

Last edited by Izzy; 03-31-2011 at 11:16 PM..
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:19 PM   #12
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Actually, you know what? I think my perfect day would start off like this:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECROS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY HIGHSCHOOL AND ALL THEY CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING.
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

A perfect day?

Wake up at 7:00 to the rising sun, and sit outside on the back deck reading a good book until the sun breaks over the mountain peaks. Come inside at 8:00 and make some eggs, bacon, hash-browns, and hot chocolate for breakfast. At the moment I'd like nothing more than to share breakfast, and the rest of the day, with the girl I've fallen for. After breakfast have a shower and then head downtown to a morning taekwondo class at 10:00. Come back home and rinse off again, sit down and play some good piano for 45 minutes or so, and then read some more of my book. At mid-day I would head outside for a soak in the heat, under the shade of a tree or deck cover. A few hours later come in for lunch.

I'm not really sure what would make up the rest of my day... but having cool discussions with this girl about anything at all would be a good enough afternoon for me. :] For dinner, either home made pizza with a good movie, or Sushi.

Edit: I've enjoyed reading all of the other posts up to here. Especially DS's and iironiic's.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 PM   #14
Rubin0
FFR Player

Any day I'm out on the trails hiking with my dog is a good day.
Old 04-1-2011, 12:11 AM   #15
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

Hmm... this one's gonna be hard.

I'd wake up at 6 or 7 in the morning, on my own for once instead of by someone yelling in the next room, with juuust a little golden sunshine peeking through the gap in the curtains. Wake up, shower, get dressed, go for a quick mile run around town. Then I'd come back for some hot breakfast, probably an english muffin sandwich.

After that I'd chill out on the computer for an hour or two, say a "whats up" to all my friends on Facebook, Ventrilo, MSN, various forums.

Right about now it's 11AM and I'm done on the computer so it's time to call up a couple of buddies and head into the mountains. (That's the one nice thing about living in Oregon: beautiful nature is less than an hour's drive away in any direction.) We'd probably head up to McKenzie and just relax and take it all in. Do a bit of fishing, swap stories, eat some sandwiches...

Around 5:00 we'd head home to one of my friends' houses and have dinner there. Usually Nathan's dad makes some kickass casserole. Whoop some ass on the 360, then one of my friends would break out an old VHS of some badass 80s classic from his backpack, probably Superman or Back to the Future or something. We'd all chill out, watch that, and then get some sleep.

---

Maybe not the perfect day, but I'd definitely be satisfied with that.
Old 04-1-2011, 01:01 AM   #16
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Jtehanonymous

Mittens died in a tragic colonoscopy six years ago and any day I could have her back would be the most perfect day for me..

I buy all FFR Trading Cards I don't own:
See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Jtehanonymous

You have completed the Lucky Achievement and will be awarded 25k credits.

seriously what the fuck.
Jtehanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2011, 01:07 AM   #17
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I am overly simplistic. Almost every day comes close to my idea of a "perfect day". A day where I don't have to worry too much, and I can relax and chill in my room is really all I need, although vacations/trips help too. There are many activities that could spice things up frequently.

Also Jteh sorry to hear that
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2011, 01:12 AM   #18
RainbowDash
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
My perfect day just involves hanging with friends smoking hookah. And drinking a little bit. But mostly hookah.
yep, now we gotta hang out XD
hookah is bombin !
RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2011, 01:22 AM   #19
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
me and you have to do some shots XD
Old 04-1-2011, 05:43 AM   #20
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Just getting the courage to ask out the girl I like and having her accept.. that will be my perfect day.

That, or when Vancouver wins the Stanley Cup.

Last edited by T-Force; 04-1-2011 at 05:46 AM..
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote