Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 08:18 PM   #2461
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CXXIV: Super Smash Brothers

Charged too much. Little trigger heavy today.

Yoshi
Old 10-30-2014, 08:18 PM   #2462
TWG Link
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Pit View Post
I wanna vote for Yoshi

Should I
Quote:
I feel like me an impulsive decisions don't go together though
Quote:
ok nvm forget I ever said that kitb is dumb

flip hype
Pit would have no practical reason to post these things if he and Yoshi were partners, since it complicates an easy lynch on Meta Knight and if she wished to bus Yoshi for being useless, she would have more opportunities later than proposing a KitB as she did.

Don't think Pit-Yoshi is it after all, so I don't need to be paranoid about it (hopefully) at least.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #2463
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

And I want to make something clear this time, because I really wasn't happy about the Sonic lynch:

I am pressuring Yoshi. I do not want him to die tonight, I want to hear him say more things.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #2464
TWG Link
FFR Player

I think I might know who Yoshi is (it's only a hunch; it's a player I've only played one game with) and if I'm right, chances are that his school schedule is really silly and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a short post and disappears. It's been his general trend for the passed 124 pages, at least.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #2465
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

Yeah, you're probably right, Link, I should put my vote somewhere else.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:43 PM   #2466
TWG Link
FFR Player

:'(
Old 10-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #2467
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

Back from work. Here's what I have to add:

Quote:
why do I want to trust you about link

why

what do you think about yoshi
You did this exact same thing when I started to consider Yoshi. I don't know whether to read your vacillating opinions so readily as an overly confused town or wolf looking for a "reason" to conveniently switch your direction multiple times. Either way, I don't like it and you should build some sort of case (Even if you're sure you're some high percentage wrong?) Your interactions with Yoshi just make it that I can't readily place you together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Greninja View Post
[b]after reading the complete works of yoshi i have concluded that he is UTR town, has a lot of early geniune toneposts that i don't see a player like that faking, i totally got distracted and was going to quote where he explained why he did the peach-gunsmith thing and how his response seemed pretty geniune
This was my exact read on Yoshi up until recently, when I started looking at how he was interacting with Pit and Villager during the Meta Knight lynching. This possibility very well still exists and has my gears turning even faster now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Greninja View Post
CRAZY patterns my beautiful mind has noticed in Endgame, among the most popular targets in the past 20ish pages have been:
yoshi - UTR
marth - was UTR
meta knight - was UTR
lil mac - was UTR
Marth hasn't been too much of a popular target, and I don't think I was too big of a target myself (Charizard was the only one targeting me). However, I do see the validity in this for Meta Knight and now this could very well be happening to Yoshi once more.

Quote:
i wanted to read him as human for his lack of trying, but then it happened every phase and i kinda wanted him dead but also didn't feel like it was a worthwhile lynch

so i mean not much really. i don't want him dead nearly as much as i used to but he's still ???? for me
This resonates well with where I am currently at and where I was before the Meta Knight lynch. This sort of puts more of a confused green lean on Pit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mega Man View Post
Villager has me paranoid too.

I really liked his early activity, but he's not exactly making it hard to guess who he is, and the drop in his activity instead of continuing to active wolfhunting worries me a little bit. I don't think that's TOO suspicious in itself though, because I've been complacent, we've all been a big complacent ever since we started this game with a bang.
If I can just add to the bolded point, not only has his activity been dropping, but it has gone from a persistent (almost tunneling) approach on his suspicions at the beginning of this game to this most recent phase where he hops aboard on Meta Knight and gives a fairly hackneyed reasoning for jumping on that train. His activity now spikes near the very end of phases and just doesn't strike me in the same way as he did at the beginning of the game.

As for my suspicions tonight, I'm still going through some posts, but I want to look back through Link, Villager, and Dedede some more. (Maybe Yoshi too, but now I'm of the opinion that he's just becoming the most convenient target) Dedede had some weird vote for me and then justified it that he "would've jumped on Meta Knight" which looked weird, but that might have looked weirder if Meta Knight flipped red. Link has of course been brought up by the oracle so this forces me to go back through posts and remove my rose-colored glasses and see what comes up.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #2468
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

Did anyone else want a votecount? I think this is where we're at:

Yoshi: Link, Villager
Link: Greninja, Mega Man
Villager: Dedede

No Vote: Little Mac, Pit, Yoshi
Old 10-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #2469
TWG Link
FFR Player

TWG Greninja - Likely oracle.
TWG Little Mac - Advocated for a Pit lynch and I remember seeing him vote for Yoshi somewhere, but I can't find it again!!! Responded to a bunch of Charizard's posts a few hours before the phase update that Charizard was wolfed.
TWG Mega Man - Way human. Has been giving tons of input and was frenetic on lynching Bowser in early game.
TWG Pit - He's been acting oddly in the suspicions he's pursued in my opinion (such as his spontaneous omgus-esque suspicion on Zelda and how easily he was convinced about being inclined by Greninja's suspicion of me). That said, he's been hard set on Yoshi and I can't see him partners with him.
TWG Villager - Still liking him for his spontaneity and the apparent sincerity in his posts.
TWG Yoshi - If he's a wolf, I think the only possible partner is Dedede.
TWG King Dedede - It's hard for me to suspect him given just how contributive and towny his posts have been, but he may just be a really good wolf. I was suspicious of Pacman before his replacement given how he reacted to Zelda's joke about being partners and his omgus vote on me for 'trying to bandwagon.' Particularly suspicious due to the following Fox quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fox View Post
And who are they to point out to everyone what is 'obviously sarcastic' or 'obviously a joke'? There was a reason in the first place people were confused about certain posts, because they were fishy. People posting like that feel to me like they are covering for a player that can't stop from making fishy posts. Maybe it's just me though. I never did understand Villager's player.
Off now, be back soon.
Which is likely in reference to the Pacman incident.
Likewise, Dedede has been defending Yoshi a bit.

Relevant Quotes:

Little Mac:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Little Mac View Post
While I do have a green lean on some of those who are on the meta knight train, I'm not too sure about Meta Knight himself and therefore still feel more comfortable placing my vote on Pit.

I'm still reviewing some of the previous phases, as inactive as they were, to try to find anything else that sticks out to me.
[quote=TWG Little Mac;4225372]So this post occurred before the Charizard flip. I can see Pit's motivation clearly comes from the fact that Zelda was green, so therefore he can pick up where Zelda left off.

Then the day after, Yoshi appears to parrot the idea.

So Yoshi flies in as usual, apologizes for being inactive, joins the most favorable train, and then logs off after dropping an unoriginal idea.

And then there's these next set of posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Little Mac View Post
I did not give you a specific read that I found suspicious (but if you recall, I was responding openly with you) because I was pointing out that what I was uncomfortable with was the manner in which he approached reads. I wasn't questioning who he was throwing around as green or red, but just how effortlessly and confidently he was doing it. Unless you wanted me to just start quoting (almost) all of his posts, then that would be the best I could do.

I certainly agree with you that I am not an active poster (although I've been consistent). However, this doesn't make me inactive overall and I can assure everyone here that I have kept up will all events in this thread, and have even been here as events were unfolding, so I have a very strong understanding of player relationships that someone deemed "inactive" just wouldn't possess.

Also, up until the last phase, I will throw it out there that no one has REALLY been targeting me hard, so the fact you mention I only respond to "being targeted" is a little harsh. I've never been under serious fire by anyone with the exception of just that last phase. I contribute when I feel it's necessary, but otherwise keep up with the reading for the thread.

I tried to (but poorly articulated with typos) my reasoning for preferring a Bowser LYNCH over a Bowser gunshot, and I still feel my opinion wasn't out of line in a way that throws up a red flag. Just because I had the least favorable opinion, doesn't markedly make me red in that case. What I outlined was this:
1. At that time, I was the MOST sure of Bowser being red. Therefore, we have all the support of a lynch (a means of killing that is more erratic), and therefore should be utilized.
2. Pikachu was also VERY suspicious, but would be better off shot with a gun since at that time, we were all just about ready for Bowser.
The fact that it was between two reds in the end should really show that either choice isn't substantially better than the other. I just wanted to focus the randomness of a lynch on a more sure target. Call it a nitpicky choice, if anything else.

I honestly don't see the strength in this anymore. It doesn't always benefit us to just "pair" off individuals as a guaranteed red/green pair. If anything, these scenarios may illustrate green/green going hard at each other. A scenario in which inactive players can use to stay behind the scenes. Of course I'll give you Kirby/Fox, but that was driven because Kirby is the seer. Zelda/Pit, Me/Pit, Pit/Zelda may very well all just be green pairs who needlessly leaned into one another. (Pit just mentioned, after all, that he went hard for Zelda simply to reciprocate the action/aggravation). It could very well be the case that's true.

I feel I already went over this a bit in detail when I reasoned out my choice of a lynch over a gun.

As far as the "soft-defending" (primarily your quotes are relating to Pikachu) I think my explanation about Pikachu's "fit" into the other inactives explains my reasoning here. All the players at one point were so distracted by just the "pika pi's" that it was enough to warrant attention. Therefore, I judged that Pikachu just couldn't be lumped in with the other inactives (and there was a lynch that almost was driven to completion for Pikachu to prove my point).

Looking back, did you have any other reasons that drove you to go after Zelda, besides just being pursued by her relentlessly?
Responded to Charizard's posts. Charizard died a few hours later. Doubtful that he's a wolf, as it seems pointless to make counterarguments to someone planned to be wolfed.

Order of Suspicion:
1. Yoshi
2. Dedede
3. Pit
4. Villager
5. Little Mac
6. Megaman
7. Greninja

I've been searching through the thread for like 2 hours now, so I'm going to take a break to refresh my head and look at things again at end of phase.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:25 PM   #2470
TWG Link
FFR Player

wow that post came out so ugly

sry thats the result of like 30 tabs being open and me trying to make a quote pool and then realizing thats too much work
Old 10-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #2471
TWG King Dedede
FFR Player

IF THE FINAL PAIR TURNS OUT TO BE YOSHI/PIT THEN I WILL FEEL SILLY LATER. BUT THAT'S NOT WHERE I'M AT, AND THAT'S NOT WHERE I THINK THIS LYNCH SHOULD BE GOING.

DON'T THINK LINK IS A WOLF. NOT VOTING LINK. SORRY GRENINJA.

THE VILLAGER/FOX THING I WAS MULLING OVER HAS MORE TO DO WITH WHAT FOX SAID ABOUT VILLAGER THAN ANYTHING. LET'S SEE HERE. caps
Old 10-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #2472
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

So that's Link defending himself. I'm going to watch the thread a little longer before I explain what's going on in my head, but I'm keeping my vote on Link for now.

I'll say this much for the time being: Marth read human to me, Greninja reads very human to me unless I see an Oracle counterclaim, and I think Greninja made some points worth considering.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #2473
TWG King Dedede
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Link View Post
Responded to Charizard's posts. Charizard died a few hours later. Doubtful that he's a wolf, as it seems pointless to make counterarguments to someone planned to be wolfed.
DON'T AGREE, REALLY. CHARIZARD HAD BEEN SEERED TOWN.

Quote:
Looking back, did you have any other reasons that drove you to go after Zelda, besides just being pursued by her relentlessly?
TO ME, IT SEEMS KIND OF AIRHEADED TO BE QUESTIONING A CONFIRMED HUMAN ABOUT A LYNCH THAT ALREADY HAPPENED, AND I DON'T SEE IT AS INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT. caps
Old 10-30-2014, 09:46 PM   #2474
TWG Yoshi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Link View Post
I think I might know who Yoshi is (it's only a hunch; it's a player I've only played one game with) and if I'm right, chances are that his school schedule is really silly and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a short post and disappears. It's been his general trend for the passed 124 pages, at least.
Lol what's funny is that I don't have school tomorrow. But I aaaaaaaaaaaam tired . Naw but I'll stay for EOD because it'll probably be my last. I don't see it necessary to argue myself out of a lynch when I'll even get lynched next phase probably. Shoutouts to Ike who hit how I play AMAZINGLY. I literally was like... shocked when I saw what he said, because it was.... beautiful. Anyways... I've been reading the thread but I haven't been able to really comprehend anything that's happened that will give me a lead on anyone because I'm noob af. If you want me to make SOME case for trying to save myself, anyone who has played with me (and literally 99% of you have guessed who I am correctly I'm pretty sure) I play shitty town. Each god damn time I play town it's really bad. I can't make up my own ideas so I sound redundant, I say things that people will think is wolfy, and it's just... all of that. And what have I done this game? That.

Greninja - Really good replacement activity considering the game was at 120 pages when he joined. And plus hard claim oracle, there's that I suppose

King Dedede - Green. I haven't felt anything wolfy about you. I like ur gimmick 2

Link - The second wolf because ur mean. But iunno you seemed pretty town early on but then later on your pushes towards people seemed lacking imo. I'm bad though so don't quote me on this.

Little Mac - Green. Same with dedede.

Mega Man - Lock clear for me because he had that crazy tunnel on Bowser and Bowser of course flipped wolf.

Pit - Seems innocent to me based on rl stuff. I feel da feelz.

Villager - Pretty good activity at the beginning of the game but kind of slipped down UTR into my suspicions.

tl;dr i suck and i think the pair is villager/link.

villager

eat me.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:49 PM   #2475
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

Yoshi, I like your post and would appreciate if you made another one or two before EoD if you can.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #2476
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

My favourite thing is the 3-way KitB.

It's beautiful.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:59 PM   #2477
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

Two options:

1. I shatter the 3-way kitb.
2. I abstain and get the cutest boo next to my name.

!!!
Old 10-30-2014, 10:04 PM   #2478
TWG King Dedede
FFR Player

Quote:
You mean like when he was town in the Hydra game?
FOX SOFT DEFENDS VILLAGER EARLY,

Quote:
I'm not sure I like Villager right now. Being almost sure I know who it is, the gameplay makes sense...but there's several times now where you are seemingly covering up for people by saying certain posts were obviously joking or sarcastic. Seems weird to me.
THEN INDICATES VAGUE SUSPICION OF VILLAGER,

Quote:
I still like Villager's posts
THEN SAYS HE WAS READING HIM TOWN ALL ALONG??

Quote:
I am actually, thanks for noticing.
I dont like people using false points to try and pin shit on me.
AND FINALLY RESPONDS TO PRESSURE FROM VILLAGER. PRETTY SURE I KNOW FOX'S ID, AND RESPONDING TO PRESSURE WITHOUT A REACTION VOTE OR SOMETHING SIMILAR IS SOMETHING I'VE RARELY SEEN FROM THEM, IF EVER. COULD SEE IT HAS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A WOLF DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO REACT TO GETTING BUSSED.

THIS ALL SAYS MORE ABOUT FOX THAN ANYTHING, BUT THE WAFFLING ON VILLAGER MAKES ME RATHER CURIOUS. caps
Old 10-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #2479
TWG King Dedede
FFR Player

COULD SEE IT AS*

YOSHI PLZ DON'T GO caps
Old 10-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #2480
TWG Pit
FFR Player

woah activity this is sweet.

hey yoshi