wait we're supposed to review games?

what
Old 10-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #2402
TWG Link
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CXXIV: Super Smash Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Yoshi View Post
ugh this lead is being lost fast. I'm ok with lynching meta knight i guess but after this i think looking at villager might be a thing that needs to happen.

I'm sorry for not being active. I'm not playing twg until I actually have a long period of time like Christmas break or something. u.u
Doubt Yoshi's clever enough to distance, so I am going to assume that he and Villager aren't partners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG King Dedede View Post
HERE'S SOMETHING FROM VERY EARLY, AND IT'S MORE OF A DAY 1 READ KIND OF THING THAN ANYTHING, BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD:

THIS ONE DOESN'T LOOK GREAT IN HINDSIGHT:

YOSHI HAD THE THIRD VOTE ON PIKACHU; NOT SURE HOW LIKELY AN EARLY BUS THERE WOULD BE, ALTHOUGH PIKACHU HAD ALREADY BEEN TALKED ABOUT AS LINK'S POTENTIAL SHOT BEFORE SHOOTING BOWSER INSTEAD. SOMETHING THAT FEELS OFF TO ME IS CALLING PIKACHU AS GODFATHER. AS A HUMAN, WHY WOULD THAT BE THE FLOW OF LOGIC AFTER BOWSER'S FLIP?

YOSHI ALSO PUT A THIRD VOTE ON PIKACHU DURING DAY 1 BUT UNVOTED 12 HOURS LATER. HMMMMM. caps
Dedede seems smart enough to distance and potentially bus. Going to say he and Yoshi don't seem like potential partners for the time being though.

i started making this post like 3 hours ago and then got distracted whoops

may as well post it before i forget again
Old 10-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #2403
TWG Link
FFR Player

actually i didnt really even say much

i want to lynch yoshi
Old 10-29-2014, 11:41 PM   #2404
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

In the night...

Kirby has died. He was the Cop.

Day 8 begins now, will end in 24 hours.

Ending 20 mins early because 14 hour work day and im gonna sleep so night, have fun.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:52 PM   #2405
TWG Kirby
FFR Player

Meh, was surprised I lasted as long as I did. Good luck guys!
Old 10-30-2014, 01:02 AM   #2406
TWG Link
FFR Player

Yoshi
Old 10-30-2014, 02:22 AM   #2407
TWG Greninja
FFR Player

Easily link

His thought process and tone indicate a current desire towards neutrality but without that sense of wracking his brain to figure shit out and being neutral because that human "doesn't want to lose the game on overthinking it"

Repeated consensus lynch meta knight seems like a calculated wolf target, is this based tone and inactivity? I'm not sure what it is all about someone cliff notes it. Seems like a losing wolf about to die would throw a Hail Mary here. If I were a losing wolf and meta knight were human I'd support that push repeatedly.

Has pit's slot said anything that forced a known wolf to respond to him ever in this game?

Little Max obv town his gears are turning and he wants to win, style is natural

DEDEDE also human. The gimmicky can be seen as a ploy to create a distant tone on first sight but he seems totally at ease, not the sign of a losing wolfie

Mega-Man probably not but I want him to post another lategame reads list

More in a bit, no I will not read 121 pages you guys take this game too seriously, too many useless white noise posts and wishy-washy and not enough people stating their geniune feelings about stuff
Old 10-30-2014, 02:46 AM   #2408
TWG Pit
FFR Player

why do I want to trust you about link

why

what do you think about yoshi
Old 10-30-2014, 02:54 AM   #2409
TWG Greninja
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Bowser View Post
At this point all of my pushes are pretty weak because I haven't been reading the thread as fervently as I have in other games. I'm no longer persuing you because you've been very active and I haven't taken the time to read most of the posts from this day phase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Link View Post
Very Human Leans:

Charizard - His reads are gr8.

Megaman - rip bowser

Kirby - Cop.

Human Leans:

Marth - When he was active that one day phase, his posts seemed towny to me; asking people questions and giving his thoughts (albeit in meme format). He also was one of the first votes on the Fox wagon before Kirby claimed cop, which I think is a point for his humanity.

Little Mac - Originally suspected him, but his having voted Fox before Kirby's cop claim reads human to me. I don't think it's very likely that a wolf joined the Fox wagon until afterwards.

Villager - His spontaneity from the beginning of the game and his recent posts where he accused Zelda seem very human to me. His spontaneous posting made his intent transparent in that he was giving a sincere opinion and was legitimately trying to find wolves and his accusation of Zelda just seemed had enough effort that, when coupled with his confidence in his suspicion, read as human to me.

Pit - Knowing who he is, I don't think the posts he made around the time he was being accused by a number of people fits his wolf behavior. I think he's pushing Zelda a bit hard, but things like defending Ike and trying to get people to be active seems rather human.

Weak Human Leans:

Zelda - I'm iffy on her now given that she wanted Megaman lynched so hard, but I think it's understandable; risking a lynch on Bowser, who was at the time a potential special, is something people would treat with caution. I think that her consistency in being suspicious of Megaman as well as her sassy and sarcastic disposition would be a bit bold for a wolf. Keeping her as a weak lean because I wouldn't know where else to look if my wolf leans are wrong.

King Dedede - I feel like how he questioned Meta Knight was good.

This post in response to Megaman's suggested lynch order seems human to me. He disagrees with being lynched, but doesn't put up an over the top defense and seems more or less relaxed (despite the caps, hehe). That his tone is calm and he's confident in town victory is pretty towny, in my opinion. Not much beyond that though, hence why he's a weak lean.

Strong Wolf Leans:

Meta Knight - Charizard brought up good points on Meta Knight regarding his views on Bowser and Pikachu. Likewise, that Donkey Kong held similar views is equally suspicious. Given Meta Knight's reaction to being lynched (e.g. the self-vote), I can't say I've found anything he's done so far to appear human.

Yoshi - When traction was growing for a Yoshi lynch on day 2, Yoshi let it slip that 'for fun' he thought that Peach was the Gunsmith. Based on Yoshi's play and general inactivity, I find it odd for him to have deduced it on his own. And if he did, he should be smart enough to realize that revealing special roles isn't something you should do, even if they're just predictions. I feel like Yoshi was just trying to purposely reveal an aside to cause a ruckus because he felt like he had to do something to help the wolves if he was dying.
He's still posting mostly fluff though. He's just following whatever wagon he can find without ever adding anything to the discussion. I don't like any of Yoshi's post, but this is one I particularly don't like:

The tone of this seems so contrived and forced. He 'locks' Sonic as a wolf and then claims that he can potentially be an unhelpful human. That Sonic turned out to be town fares no better for his case, I feel. Even when there was traction building on Meta Knight, Yoshi completely ignored it and posted about going to bed.

I think, overall, I would most want a Meta Knight lynch, but I almost equally want a Yoshi lynch too. I'll try to look into posts further later today.
Guess I should read this thread more but my overall impression of this reads list is that 1.) he is not genuinely engaged with hunt, overall motivation seems to be a passive "let's lynch them and find out" indicated by building up a strong case for Yoshi and then resting on Meta-Knight. 2.) "fan service" reasoning: "the points brought up by ______" when arguing for meta-knight lynch (try to appeal to others while you seem to not have any strong things to say about meta-knight, who you choose over Yoshi)

The depth of his play, while it was extremely thin here (I'm going to tell everyone I think they are human except these two extremely weak targets who won't defend themselves + the general state of mind that thinks pushing someone passionately is wolfy) has deteriorated as the phases continue.

Calling charizard a good lynch? Empty voting the same damn Yoshi read you've had for days while your reads are consistently wrong? Constantly reminding the thread that you'll come back later?

*swings lasso noose* you're mine
Old 10-30-2014, 03:52 AM   #2410
TWG Greninja
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Pit View Post

why

after reading the complete works of yoshi i have concluded that he is UTR town, has a lot of early geniune toneposts that i don't see a player like that faking, i totally got distracted and was going to quote where he explained why he did the peach-gunsmith thing and how his response seemed pretty geniune

he is an easy target and until i started posting about him he didn't see much defense which is weird for a woof at this poinnnnttt if they have a partner unless they are dying to their partner for mad cred

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Yoshi View Post
Because I thought I was dead because I idiotically thought that it was EoD. I had a hunch reading one of Peach's early d1 posts and was just seeing if I actually read it and was getting better or something iunno. So yes, it was really for "shits and giggles."
this was the tonepost, it just does not read wolfy by itself. which makes UTR the strongest case against him, and also something i would expect someone to push elsewhere stronger against if he actually was a wolf. the context surrounding yoshi just doesn't say wolf when i first glance at it.

after reviewing the complete works of link this shit was weird
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Link View Post
Speaking as a third person, I found the way you posted during the 10 pages of arguing with Ike to be offensive and radical. I don't think you made a good case for Bowser being a wolf, frankly. In fact, I think that reading your posts actually compelled me to think Bowser wasn't a wolf based on just how extreme you were being.
wow this guy, even when he flat-out knows he is wrong, cannot exit the state of mind of being cocksure... he straight-out blames the guy who was tunneling bowser for his inability to read

"i am not accountable when you are bad" -- what a great way to take the wind out of the sails of a human who found a truly amazing "gotcha" moment and not appreciate when your fellow town is in the zone, while also recoloring any bad voting patterns you have had in the past.... this is such a town-fanservice thing to say to a crowd that was really reluctant to join in on the bowser lynch

Quote:
It's probably player-dependent, but I see wolves being more likely to go with the flow than against. Especially with easy things to talk about like scrutinizing a vote. That Ike has been against wasting time doing so (alongside just being generally active and contributive) seems like a towny thing to do.
schizophrenic concept for a human given his stated feelings about mega man and read on megaman, also his strongest early human leans are ALL HUMAN... AND THEY ARE ALL DEAD... (except villager) dayum that's some accuracy, it's almost like.... he is shaping the thread....

Quote:
2) TWG Captain Falcon - I disagree with some of his points and suspicions after reviewing the thread, but he seems to legitimately be trying, so giving him a slight town lean.
3) TWG Charizard - Has been unafraid to question most people and has given a fair amount of input. Seems human to me.
6) TWG Ike - He mistakenly believed there were 5 wolves and has been very contributive in the thread. Very human.
14) TWG Peach - No one's counterclaimed that he snitched on Fit Trainer. That being the case, he seems incredibly human. There's the off chance that he was a good Samaritan wolf and decided to tell Xiz about Fit Trainer's outside communications despite being partner anyway, but I'm not sure it's in YoshL's nature. Seems very human.
17) TWG Rosalina - Seemed sort of nonchalant upon entering the thread, in my opinion, which makes me give a tiny human lean, but she still hasn't posted enough for me to make a good opinion.
24) TWG Zelda - Leaning human, but overall not too sure.

talking 'bout that *rising jazzy vocal tone* FAAAAANNNSERVICE
Old 10-30-2014, 03:55 AM   #2411
TWG Greninja
FFR Player

hahaha megaman is totally human jfc that essay
Old 10-30-2014, 03:55 AM   #2412
TWG Greninja
FFR Player

*tear* i didn't think we had wolf hunters who owned SO FUCKING HARD still posting
Old 10-30-2014, 03:58 AM   #2413
TWG Greninja
FFR Player

Quote:

why

oh yeah the reason i wanted to see you forcing a wolf to respond is the very tone-neutral question asking and tone-neutral whitenoise posts

can't read it either way but i have seen you poke others lightly so i want to see if you ever legitimately poked 1/4 of the dead woofies, i'm sure if you did that you will find it for me because i'm using this to decide if you are human or not or wolf #2
Old 10-30-2014, 04:03 AM   #2414
TWG Greninja
FFR Player

or you know, if you don't have proof of ever hunting on a woof a good thing to do is to admit you suck at finding woof

#hottakes
Old 10-30-2014, 04:07 AM   #2415
TWG Pit
FFR Player

i do suck actually
like, i really do rofl
least i can woof though
Old 10-30-2014, 04:08 AM   #2416
TWG Greninja
FFR Player

23) TWG Yoshi - context says UTR human kept around for lynchin'
21) TWG Villager - idk human i guess
16) TWG Pit - wolf lean
12) TWG Mega Man - obv.town
10) TWG Little Mac - obv.town
9) TWG Link - stinkiong WOFL
7) TWG King Dedede - strong town lean
5) TWG Greninja
Old 10-30-2014, 04:09 AM   #2417
TWG Greninja
FFR Player

Quote:
i do suck actually
like, i really do rofl
least i can woof though
did you replace into this game and who were your first three geniune wolf suspicious that you had (without reading your old posts)
Old 10-30-2014, 04:10 AM   #2418
TWG Pit
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Greninja View Post
did you replace into this game and who were your first three geniune wolf suspicious that you had (without reading your old posts)
no

bowser, sonic, yoshi
Old 10-30-2014, 04:15 AM   #2419
TWG Greninja
FFR Player

how has your read on yoshi developed over the course of the game?
Old 10-30-2014, 04:15 AM   #2420
TWG Greninja
FFR Player

also just noticed i have a phantom so pre-emptive HARD ROLE-CLAIM i am the oracle
Closed Thread