Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2013, 04:42 AM   #21
MracY
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: [20000 credit giveaway] Recommend your favourite anime series to moi

You could try reading some Visual Novels instead.
Try the top ones on this page: http://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating

I will at least emplore you to not watch the anime versions of the titles in that list, and just read the VN's instead. They are truly a lot better, and you would do well not to spoil yourself on them before you've read them. In particular, I am thinking of titles like Clannad or Steins;gate.

I'll also say that despite having a disappointing anime adaptation, chaos;head is quite good as a Visual Novel. I would recommend it.

Last edited by MracY; 09-25-2013 at 04:45 AM..
MracY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:09 AM   #22
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: [20000 credit giveaway] Recommend your favourite anime series to moi

http://www.animeavenue.net/yahari-or...iru-episode-1/

http://www.animeavenue.net/mahou-sho...ica-episode-1/

I especially recommend Madoka. Great plot and story, amazing characters and such.

First one is more of a personal choice. I actually enjoy the characters. One of the very few male characters in the anime I have seen that I actually like. So the lack of a 100% coherent plot is ignorable since the characters are above what I tend to expect.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #23
GammaBlaster
FFR Player

you should all watch Sword Art Online lol not really
GammaBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #24
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

For sure Neon Genesis Evangelion. I have the box set! Come over and we can watch it together <3

"Life is always downhill, everyone is heading towards death every day. It's up to you to look for the hills you can climb up instead
Or something
I just made that up but it sounds good" ~alloyus~
evanescence_death4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #25
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

I'm not into anime, but Gantz was awesome. Someone listed Gantz I see, so, I'll go with case closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

Last edited by blindreper1179; 09-25-2013 at 08:25 AM..
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #26
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SC_coolguy44

Watch Welcome To The NHK. It is very random and very entertaining at the same time.
SC_coolguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #27
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Steins;Gay
Magical Gril Madtoker
hue
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #28
GammaBlaster
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
Saikano (Saishuu Heiki Kanojo) [8/10]: A girl confesses to a guy. Guy finds out that the girl is a weapon of mass destruction. Girl starts to lose her humanity and you watch them try to keep their relationship together. Might sound boring, but this anime really takes feels to a whole new level, it's probably one of the most depressing anime series I've ever watched. The first episode starts out fine... but then it goes ridiculously depressing from there. It's pretty dry during the middle of the anime (4-9), but the ending doesn't disappoint at all. Probably not really recommended if you're into tragedy-based anime, because this anime is arguably the epiphany of tragedy.
This one's a pretty subjective experience. The last few episodes felt like there was something missing to me. But the middle of the anime really is dry.

Quote:
Great Teacher Onizuka [9/10]: A lot less depressing than the one above, it's a classic. Lots of slapstick comedy here and there, had a couple of good laughs. Storyline is pretty effective though and although it is pretty emotional and dramatic, by the end of the day you'll be laughing and be applauding for the main character to the very end. Pretty rewatchable though, I'd say.
Listen to this man. I suggested this anime to him after seeing him drop so much slice-of-life anime. He was about to stop at around episode 3, but I kept forcing him to watch it all the way through. Glad he didn't drop it too soon
GammaBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #29
FFR_masterj
FFR Player

Ive seen most of the anime listed here and I think the best ones of Action/Drama genre are One Piece (my favorite), hunter x hunter 2011, Bleach, and shingeki no kyojin.
FFR_masterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #30
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

watch Free!

it starts out looking like a nice cute "frienship is so important" fanservice doujin or some crap, but...the storyline evolves so fast within the span of 12 episodes (fairly short watch). The finale is actually coming out like, now-ish, so i'll have to get back to you on the whole verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #31
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

I don't watch a lot of anime, but I LOVED:

Watamote - comedy about a socially awkward girl who attempts to figure out why she's not popular (full title is "No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!" which tells a little about how awkward the character is)
Old 09-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #32
LaZboy77
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to LaZboy77

Wolf's Rain

It's really really good and the music is great. I have both OST's.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #33
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
mirai nikki has a strong first half but completely takes a nosedive into shit for the ending

elfen lied is pretty much you watch it for exploding bodies haha blood everywhere must be so good series right !!

samurai champloo is tight

accel world was total shit and was a waste of time jesus christ I want my time back

guilty crown is pretty much the most ground defying anime of the decade and that's not in a manner of light which can be passed off as acceptably good. in other words, if you want to bathe in shit, you watch this series

eva might be an anime for it's time and decade but it's still over rated for its own good. still worth watching though

cowboy bebop is a classic

gurren lagann is the manliest anime you will ever watch srsly. you will go in as a prepubescent boy and finish the series as the next mr universe weightlifting champion

another you watch for the ridiculous death scenes

robotics;notes isn't up there with steins;gate god tier but at the very least it was better than the complete shit tier mess than was chaos;head. maybe a middle ground for both

fate/zero is god tier. fate/stay night was shit but this series ascended into the heavens and left fate/stay in a bottomless pit never to be seen again

angel beats is over rated and boring

toradora is also over rated but it has its moments which gives it a pass

welcome to the nhk is funny if you can relate to be an anti-social shut in protagonist

hidamari sketch is the kind of series you leave playing in the background while you're busy talking away about life with a couple of broskis after a few drinks and a long tiring day and you're ready to pass the fuck out. watching it seriously is completely out of the question unless you enjoy watching an underage girl bathe at the end of every episode talking about how her day was

afro samurai is okay but I'd rather watch samurai champloo instead

flcl is something you watch when you want to click the add new anime to completed list on your myanimelist without having to think what you managed to absorb and take in from it

serial experiments lain is weed. if you've never done drugs, this show pretty much simulates it. extra points if you watch this series while baked as fuc

gunslinger girl you only watch if you're the kind of guy that finds it cute when underaged girls kill people

higurashi insert another's reason here, although the ending of the second season completely took a 180 degree turn after climbing towards a climax. it's kinda like mirai nikki syndrome pretty much

madoka is over rated garbage fuck shaft. it's worth the watch but it is in no way a generation defining anime aka eva last generation. also madoka is a blatantly poor ripoff of revolutionary girl utena

and I already said somewhere up top that chaos;head is a complete, total train wreckage of a series. the first few episodes started off as an interesting concept but again the second half takes a nose dive and frankly it becomes an unwatchable abomination
highschool of the dead you only watch for tits in your face, zombies, and blatant matrix ripoff shit. damn it's not often I see 17 year old with E-sized titties letting bullets fly through them flawlessly

ghost in the shell is tight

claymore is average. there weren't memorable scenes and frankly the second half and ending put me to sleep from how predictable and anti-climactic it was. hooray another show with big titty girls swinging swords real original right

shingeki no kyojin is hard to judge when the season finale isn't until this saturday, but the episodes leading up until now have been okay. all the plot twists and shit were extremely predictable, and frankly it's way too over hyped by anime watchers as shown by how quickly it climbed up onto the list of top 5 best selling 2000s animes of all time. it's still worth the watch at the very least

great teacher onizuka is a classic, although my memory is hazy with it

free! everything I think about this show is summarized in this image. if you're lazy to click, I'll straight up say that this is why anime is dead and will stay dead

wolf's rain was generic and boring. the concept in itself isn't all that interesting to begin with, so there was only so much it could offer. it gets a pass but I wouldn't recommend watching it

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #34
r
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrik View Post
I don't need credits but i'll mention a couple i liked lol.
I'll take those credits
r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #35
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
5 Centimeters Per Second [10/10]: The fucking best. Storyline is very subtle but very effective and relatable nonetheless. On the surface level, you might be like "eh, this is like a typical heart-breaking love story" and is just very cut and dry, but it really takes some time to delve in and absorb everything that's given to you. This is extremely bitter-sweet (especially the ending) and although the storyline doesn't sound all the interesting, the execution of it is perfect and I could not find any flaws in the storyline at all. It helps to have really good animation/scenery (albeit not as good as Kotonoha, but it's really good anyway) and probably one of the best soundtracks of any anime ever too I guess. Clannad/Clannad (After Story) didn't make shed a single tear, neither did Ano Hana or any other feelsy anime, maybe with the exception of Saikano. This thing made me have streams of tears fall down my cheeks. If I have to only pick one anime to watch and nothing else, it is definitely this one.

Other recommendations would be Welcome to the NHK, Psycho-Pass (sounds like something that you would like, not a big fan of it but it's good to most people), Ghost in the Shell, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop and .hack since you're into SAO I guess. Steins;Gate is pretty much the best out of the entire Nitroplus+4pb series, so I'd recommend the movie and that's pretty much it. ChAoS;HeAd is a train wreck and Robotics;Notes isn't all that interesting, but it's not bad.
Thanks a lot, 5 Centimetres per second sounds awsesome. haven't cried in a while so if this does it you have da 20k
Old 09-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #36
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I was gonna Suggest Code Geass, but I think you got that covered. It is soo goooood

Quote:
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #37
female
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

ive only ever seen claymore and i liked it a little bit
Old 09-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #38
g3rmayne
FFR Player

Berserk. It has been in the making for twenty years and is in my opinion one of the greatest stories ever told. Still not finished but mangahere has the first 333 chapters.
g3rmayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #39
RNGRX
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Naruto is so good 10/10
RNGRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #40
MracY
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Here is some steins;gate footage from the VN.
You apparantly liked steins;gate, so you might do well to check it out and see if VN's might be to your liking.

Start of game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg7sJ5f0NgI&t=2m
Random scene from later in the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTTvVkv_S9M
Suzuha End
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkESEP5rVDU

Jast is releasing an official English version in a couple of months, so you could buy it then here:
http://www.jastusa.com/shop/nitroplus.html

Last edited by MracY; 09-26-2013 at 08:30 AM..
MracY is offline   Reply With Quote