Old 09-17-2015, 12:20 PM   #381
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What's happening in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
The real problem for devs and why much isn't being said is because there isn't any active devs for FFR anymore. Of the single Dev (Prawnskunk), everyone else is working actual jobs and don't give much thought into FFR once the day is over. If and when something does happen, it will most likely get posted in the thread. The same can be said about Admins which really only applies to Synthlight but his absence isn't anything new nor suprising.
The sad reality then in this situation is that we need more or new devs. There's no harm in not being able to devote time to FFR. The problem comes when the site is stagnant due to nobody being able to devote time to it.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:45 PM   #382
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Honestly I'm able to devote time to FFR (occasionally) but I've frankly completely given up at this point.

I'm tired of being lied to by Synth and the site isn't going anywhere until he removes his head from his ass.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #383
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I have a list of people who are more than capable of doing certain staff duties but they aren't looking for "help" apparently when it's really obvious they need it.

One of the best recommendations I probably have is Icy being a Simfile Judge.

The problem with current staff is time and transparency, but are we really forgetting the daily users (by literal means, DAILY) who hope to help in any way but are never given the opportunity?

Old 09-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #384
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
but are we really forgetting the daily users (by literal means, DAILY) who hope to help in any way but are never given the opportunity?
Would just like to add, I'm more than willing to help in any area possible. Just give me a task, I don't care if it's tedious or extremely boring. I don't wanna see this site die. I'm assuming there aren't many tasks to do that don't require some knowledge in coding or judging, but if there is something easy and no one else wants to do it, I'm open.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:00 PM   #385
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm thinking of opening up a few potential web development opportunities in the next few days that will be guided learning experiences and also benefit the site in some way (e.g. FFR Wiki progress visual). There's some sprint planning I'm doing that will be covering this and the projects will be on a different site (like the Batch Search Engine isn't on FFR) -- more details to come later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickufully View Post
Would just like to add, I'm more than willing to help in any area possible. Just give me a task, I don't care if it's tedious or extremely boring. I don't wanna see this site die. I'm assuming there aren't many tasks to do that don't require some knowledge in coding or judging, but if there is something easy and no one else wants to do it, I'm open.
I sent you a PM.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-17-2015 at 08:04 PM..
Old 09-17-2015, 08:17 PM   #386
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Old 09-17-2015, 09:09 PM   #387
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins

My advice...

What are you waiting for? Make it happen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3
Old 09-17-2015, 09:12 PM   #388
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

More like

Old 09-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #389
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Bump

You all need Fission

Synthlight is still MIA

Best of luck with hell

also I wrote that as a crappy haiku

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-18-2015 at 08:42 AM..
Old 09-18-2015, 08:48 AM   #390
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Honestly I'm able to devote time to FFR (occasionally) but I've frankly completely given up at this point.

I'm tired of being lied to by Synth and the site isn't going anywhere until he removes his head from his ass.
Was trying to wait until more things were talked about but since it seems we're never going to hear anything, would you let us all know why you were given the game management title? I don't recall seeing it being addressed and been curious as to what exactly the deal was with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 09-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #391
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Was trying to wait until more things were talked about but since it seems we're never going to hear anything, would you let us all know why you were given the game management title? I don't recall seeing it being addressed and been curious as to what exactly the deal was with that.
Because I was already doing a lot of GM type activities, so I asked for it.
Thats really it lol

Old 09-18-2015, 02:09 PM   #392
Trumpet63
Mostly Ignored
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So, I don't think anyone has directly said it, but since the last update by synth, essentially nothing has happened with dev...

Although, Prawnskunk is working on a changelog, and I'm working on a new version of skill rating with PS's help.

If you think I can help or answer any questions just PM me.

Try not to eat each other in here, okay!
2014 October 7th 1:03 AM

Zageron: Trumpet
Trumpet63: yes, im here
Zageron: You have a problem.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #393
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Because I was already doing a lot of GM type activities, so I asked for it.
Thats really it lol
What are you doing that's GM? GM involves running the batches and adding content to the game. I haven't seen you do anything with either of those things.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 09-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #394
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
I'm thinking of opening up a few potential web development opportunities in the next few days that will be guided learning experiences and also benefit the site in some way (e.g. FFR Wiki progress visual). There's some sprint planning I'm doing that will be covering this and the projects will be on a different site (like the Batch Search Engine isn't on FFR) -- more details to come later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickufully View Post
I sent you a PM.
Dossar, you know as always I'm open to things as well - I have a little bit of web dev knowledge (not extensive, but I'm always eager to learn) and coding background in C++ along with quite a bit of free time usually. Hit me up if there's something I can work on that you have in mind.

On that note, if we can make the FFR Perfect Project a little more official and get hype for that going again, I'd be happy to put in the time on that to start uploading.

Quote:

This reminds me of Tasselfoot era almost, except it doesn't involve money this time around to my knowledge. Sad that history repeats at times.

Last edited by justin_ator; 09-18-2015 at 06:42 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 06:46 PM   #395
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post

On that note, if we can make the FFR Perfect Project a little more official and get hype for that going again, I'd be happy to put in the time on that to start uploading.
We really should have a youtube channel that's devoted to way more. There should be a FFR official channel that has things like tutorials for stepping files for FFR so that people have somewhere to turn when they're new, tutorials for the game itself for newbies, showcase runs with some good players, player interviews, etc.

Also looking for a couple new event helpers - http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...17#post4361417

Figured I'd add that here because this thread gets viewed a good bit.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by psychoangel691; 09-18-2015 at 06:47 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 07:00 PM   #396
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
We really should have a youtube channel that's devoted to way more. There should be a FFR official channel that has things like tutorials for stepping files for FFR so that people have somewhere to turn when they're new, tutorials for the game itself for newbies, showcase runs with some good players, player interviews, etc.
100% This and I fully support the idea; alongside the FFR Perfect Project. I feel like FFR as a whole is getting vastly more skillful and that now some of the attention should be shifted to newer players getting better and understanding the terminology and techniques more than just being thrown into the mix and getting discouraged when they hit a wall in improvements.

Maybe in the future User Tournaments (if the host is up to it) and other Events can be streamed to broadcast FFR to a further extent? If I was capable of streaming (which I'm sadly not at the moment), I would certainly make a tournament structured around being able to broadcast live play and updates.

Another thing I want to bring up is also Multiplayer. Lately at least 6 or more players have been active daily in Multiplayer and I feel we can somewhat make the experience better. Encourage new players to practice moving up the ranks with another new player, and have "tutoring" lessons from the more skillful players to help the newer player growth in terms of the Game?

Old 09-18-2015, 07:19 PM   #397
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

I'm willing to go ahead and get started on some things for a youtube channel, but I'd definitely need people that are willing to put in some time to contribute to it.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #398
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I am actually quite interested in aiding with this idea. Throw me in if there becomes a group discussion and/or plans regarding this, I'm on board and can dedicate some decent time to it.

Quote:
I'm willing to go ahead and get started on some things for a youtube channel, but I'd definitely need people that are willing to put in some time to contribute to it.
cough (:

Last edited by justin_ator; 09-18-2015 at 07:22 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 07:25 PM   #399
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Quote:
That's a good idea in essence but requires a few devoted players to run a channel like this. Proposing players to send their own tutorial videos to the channel would be start, kinda like the current FFR Perfect Project channel.

Speaking of the FFR Perfect Project, I was planning to add all the current videos to their wiki page someday, but if someone wants to add them, they can go ahead!*

* edit :
1. First you need to upload the video to the wiki : http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiaVideoAdd
2. Copy the the article name (the title, not the url) of the video you've just uploaded : e.g. Trip to the Moon (Club Remix) AAA (leonid) - FFR Perfect Project
3. Replace in this template and add it in the article :
Code:
==AAA playthrough==
<gallery mode="packed">
File:YOURTITLEHERE
</gallery>

Last edited by noname219; 09-18-2015 at 07:36 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 07:25 PM   #400
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
I am actually quite interested in aiding with this idea. Throw me in if there becomes a group discussion and/or plans regarding this, I'm on board and can dedicate some decent time to it.

cough (:
hit me up on skype
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Closed Thread