Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 07:26 PM   #401
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What's happening in here?

Kayla, I'm going to message you on Skype if that's okay? I don't want to flood this thread with FFRPP and youtube discussion entirely

edit; derp i'm slow

Last edited by justin_ator; 09-18-2015 at 07:26 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #402
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
What are you doing that's GM? GM involves running the batches and adding content to the game. I haven't seen you do anything with either of those things.
Still curious about this.

Quote:
We really should have a youtube channel that's devoted to way more. There should be a FFR official channel that has things like tutorials for stepping files for FFR so that people have somewhere to turn when they're new, tutorials for the game itself for newbies, showcase runs with some good players, player interviews, etc.

Also looking for a couple new event helpers - http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...17#post4361417

Figured I'd add that here because this thread gets viewed a good bit.
Got backpaged

And more stuff cause why not

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...98#post4361498
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 09-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #403
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
We really should have a youtube channel that's devoted to way more. There should be a FFR official channel that has things like tutorials for stepping files for FFR so that people have somewhere to turn when they're new, tutorials for the game itself for newbies, showcase runs with some good players, player interviews, etc.
Player interviews sound excellent for a YouTube channel.

We should have done this with all the official tournament winners. There are some (ex:EtienneSM) who made 'random thoughts' about their experiences, but it's only visible to those who visit their page.

Though tutorials for mainly any video game are within the game itself, having 'official' guides adds appeal rather than having to go out of your way to understand why some notes are colored blue, or how to correctly work with the off-set settings/ rates/ scroll speeds/ etc.

FFR is a pretty simple game to understand - just press the arrows at ~the right time. But for the other things that aren't so apparent
(how to get a chart ingame, proper key-mapping to avoid ghosting, what ghosting means, why you even have to change your keys like wth, what spread means, how to edit your profile to look nice, what the purpose of tokens are... man theres alota stuff )
to a newcomer, they will feel lost as most do not even know forums exist(much less navigate through it to find what they need) and just play the game.

There are plenty of other things we can showcase on yt like some of the rare ffr meetups, or we can ask users to submit their own videos and make a compilation, make a 'behind the scenes' or something.

I'll stop here since there's a whol other page dedicated to the youtube thing
Old 09-18-2015, 08:34 PM   #404
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Munoz View Post
Player interviews sound excellent for a YouTube channel.

We should have done this with all the official tournament winners. There are some (ex:EtienneSM) who made 'random thoughts' about their experiences, but it's only visible to those who visit their page.

Though tutorials for mainly any video game are within the game itself, having 'official' guides adds appeal rather than having to go out of your way to understand why some notes are colored blue, or how to correctly work with the off-set settings/ rates/ scroll speeds/ etc.

FFR is a pretty simple game to understand - just press the arrows at ~the right time. But for the other things that aren't so apparent
(how to get a chart ingame, proper key-mapping to avoid ghosting, what ghosting means, why you even have to change your keys like wth, what spread means, how to edit your profile to look nice, what the purpose of tokens are... man theres alota stuff )
to a newcomer, they will feel lost as most do not even know forums exist(much less navigate through it to find what they need) and just play the game.

There are plenty of other things we can showcase on yt like some of the rare ffr meetups, or we can ask users to submit their own videos and make a compilation, make a 'behind the scenes' or something.

I'll stop here since there's a whol other page dedicated to the youtube thing

Yeah, having interviews after events is definitely something I'd like to do. And could look into some of the more candid things like the meetups and stuff.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 09-18-2015, 08:49 PM   #405
hi19hi19
lol happy

Exactly what did I do to you that merits calling me out like this? Even more so calling me out that "you haven't seen me doing any GM things" when you know full well that a lot of things GMs do aren't seen by everyone. You could get answers without being so rude about it, you know.

I am helping curate the hard songs batch. I played all the files that were uploaded to syncers (along with OWA) to determine which should be moved from their regular batches. In fact I came up with the idea for the hard songs batch in the first place (again through talking with OWA)

You don't know I did these things because you don't have to know it for the site to function. Not everything is your business.

If you have further questions of this sort, direct them to me via PM.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-18-2015 at 08:49 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 08:52 PM   #406
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Exactly what did I do to you that merits calling me out like this? Even more so calling me out that "you haven't seen me doing any GM things" when you know full well that a lot of things GMs do aren't seen by everyone. You could get answers without being so rude about it, you know.

I am helping curate the hard songs batch. I played all the files that were uploaded to syncers (along with OWA) to determine which should be moved from their regular batches. In fact I came up with the idea for the hard songs batch in the first place (again through talking with OWA)

You don't know I did these things because you don't have to know it for the site to function. Not everything is your business.

hi19, as a staff member, I think the community would like to think that staff doesn't have to respond as if being attacked and instead, respond civilly. You could have responded without backlash, simply stating the reasons without the extra jabs.

In any case, "Not everything is your buisness" is a horrid way of putting things, especially since this community has been asking for more transparancy. Knowing the reason for why someone has become a Game Manager is something that's the community's buisness in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

Last edited by YoshL; 09-18-2015 at 08:53 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #407
hi19hi19
lol happy

Plenty of other people have asked me how I got GM and why without making a public spectacle of it. I've answered them all.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:54 PM   #408
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I've mapped out the next two weeks for the Batch in this post.

Quote:
What are you doing that's GM? GM involves running the batches and adding content to the game. I haven't seen you do anything with either of those things.
It's not an unreasonable request to ask about what's happening, although this kind of inquiry would be better suited to discuss with hi19hi19 himself, not on a public forum. Zageron was the one who gave him GM status late on August 21st last month and he'd be able to provide more insight.

I'm grateful hi19hi19 introduced to me the idea of automation in the Batch Process:
- There is now a standardized layout for reviews across all judges which helps provide template note layouts for judges in addition to making the process for determining accepted files much smoother (the posts are also consistent across sets). It's the judgment system in between that Silvuh and I are revamping; we're running a tight ship.
- The Batch Search Engine also came into life from hi19hi19 suggesting how automation could be introduced for file submissions, not just for the judgment process. The initial concept of this was developed recently; the Judgment Process Automation was back in November 2014.

The judgment system is what needs a drastic change now, and that is high priority at the moment.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-18-2015 at 08:56 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 08:55 PM   #409
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Plenty of other people have asked me how I got GM and why without making a public spectacle of it. I've answered them all.
Why are you so hostile right now? You were asked the question in thread, and apparently you've answered it perfectly fine elsewhere, why all of a sudden get angry over it?

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:57 PM   #410
hi19hi19
lol happy

I'll note that, if people are having a problem with me being a GM, or whatever I'm doing as a GM, feel free to contact me via PM and let me know.
While I hardly think it's what the site needs right now, if enough people have, for some reason, a problem with me being a GM, I'll gladly step down.
I fail to see how this needs to be a public topic though...

Old 09-18-2015, 08:58 PM   #411
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:

I wasn't being rude it was a simple question, amazing how you want to get in here and be all outraged that staff isn't being transparent but then you're pissed at me for asking why you were given a title. You're being a hypocrite. I wanted to know what was going on because you were given a title with no explanation behind it from anyone. Most times when someone is added to staff or promoted it's stated somewhere (most times a FPP). I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been wondering, I just finally took the initiative to ask about it.

Doing things for one project doesn't make you a game manager, there's a lot of people who have helped with single projects should they all be given a title like that? I think it's stupid that titles are just given out like candy anymore and we just end up with inactive people holding titles in the long run.

Also love the hard songs batch being your idea thing, cause that's totally never been done ever in the past.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by psychoangel691; 09-18-2015 at 09:31 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 08:58 PM   #412
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

hi19 u da best
Old 09-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #413
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Quote:
Quote:
I'll note that, if people are having a problem with me being a GM, or whatever I'm doing as a GM, feel free to contact me via PM and let me know.
While I hardly think it's what the site needs right now, if enough people have, for some reason, a problem with me being a GM, I'll gladly step down.
I fail to see how this needs to be a public topic though...
I'll invite you to re-read her question, because it's not that there's a problem with it, it's that she wanted to know the reasoning, after you were very vague in your "lol i just did a couple things and asked for it".

I do believe that the manner that you're conducting yourself is not appropriate for staff though. Not everything is an attack on you.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #414
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post

It's not an unreasonable request to ask about what's happening, although this kind of inquiry would be better suited to discuss with hi19hi19 himself, not on a public forum. Zageron was the one who gave him GM status late on August 21st last month and he'd be able to provide more insight.
The whole point of this thread is about staff transparency/communication but I'm supposed to PM about why someone was given a title? Really? That makes a whole world of sense. I think a lot of people would back me up here.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by psychoangel691; 09-18-2015 at 09:04 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 09:07 PM   #415
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

Ok yeah, I reread the question. It's a legitimate request and sorry I misinterpreted it.

I asked hi19hi19 the day I noticed it as well although I'd prefer if he himself answered it, or better yet Zageron who made him a GM in the first place.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-18-2015 at 09:08 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #416
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen

--> suddenly receives title
--> gets asked "why?"
--> explanation: none of your business

ok granted you said more, but the fact that you just said "not everything is your business" to someone else who is also managing a part of the site (and actually coincides with you on certain events) in a thread where the biggest outcry has been nothing but transparency -- come on, you should at least have an iota of common sense to give a legitimate answer rather than taking it as a defensive attack like you just did

and since I've been pretty much on point on basically dishing it out to everyone, I'll do it to you too: I have no idea why you're a GM given that you've already kinda implicitly indicated ulterior motives:

Quote:
I would be extremely willing to commit myself to making serious change happen on this site.
I would work my heart out to bring this community alive again and get the game the updates it deserves.

But I would need monetary compensation. Volunteering for FFR is neither profitable nor a resume builder.
- needs compensation
- approaches for GM title and then suddenly decides that they want to do something, yeah ok

also, I'm sure that I could bring up the situation about you over-submitting to a batch and getting ticked off about the situation being mitigated (albeit late, but it's your responsibility to know your own limits) by a GM doing the right thing to the point of where you didn't want to judge anymore -- totally a proactive solution to a part of the site that is struggling, right?

the communication has still not been brought forward by ANYONE relevant, although I will give the credit where it is due to Dossar for stepping up with the weekly logs/batch updates because that's a really strong step in the right direction, but uh -- that whole thing that I said about staff being a circlejerk? hi19: don't get me wrong, you're a good simfile artist and you know how to do some great shit on the fly, but when it comes to management, you've been less than impressive considering the dev team has reported nothing and you're on it (and also admitted to me that you practically did nothing because of other priorities, which is understandable but you should not have the title with regards to that), and it doesn't take much searching to pull up a tournament you hosted where you concluded and failed to pay out prizes for who the heck knows how long

if FFR wants to get something done, they need to cut the micro-management bullshit and actually get the people who are invested in getting things done to have that passion and continue to get things done, like - come on

drama-starter here, but until people actually fucking wake up (or until I get banned, whatever), i'm gonna just keep intermittently appearing and dropping those occasional truth bombs :V
Old 09-18-2015, 09:16 PM   #417
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

A big part of the issue here is how Zageron has been doing almost everything behind the scenes. PrawnSkunk provided some insight to me on this; Zageron gave hi19hi19 GM status before even informing me or Silvuh and that was definitely not a reasonable course of action.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:18 PM   #418
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Ok yeah, I reread the question. It's a legitimate request and sorry I misinterpreted it.

I asked hi19hi19 the day I noticed it as well although I'd prefer if he himself answered it, or better yet Zageron who made him a GM in the first place.
I noticed it right away but thought it might have been something that was coming up with the new changes so I waited to see if an announcement would happen. It's now been how long with nothing? I was curious if he was taking on an active GM role because it does go along with events in some aspects as AJ mentioned. I didn't feel I should PM about it because I though everyone should know about the change. I'm so tired of this hidden crap anymore. I've always been fighting for staff to involve the community more and I'm always going to feel that way.

Quote:
A big part of the issue here is how Zageron has been doing almost everything behind the scenes. PrawnSkunk provided some insight to me on this; Zageron gave hi19hi19 GM status before even informing me or Silvuh and that was definitely not a reasonable course of action.
Yeah, that honestly was another thing that bothered me a bit, there's never any discussion about anything anymore even to the people it directly affects. I always talk with my team before bringing on new people to it.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by psychoangel691; 09-18-2015 at 09:19 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #419
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
the communication has still not been brought forward by ANYONE relevant, although I will give the credit where it is due to Dossar for stepping up with the weekly logs/batch updates because that's a really strong step in the right direction [...]
Gotta give credit to Kayla for actually being motivated to make those weekly/bi-weekly what's going on fpp and PrawnSkunk for working on a completely open community driven news log. Those are baby steps, but we're heading in the right direction.

Edit : Thanks AJ

Last edited by noname219; 09-18-2015 at 09:24 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #420
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post

Right now, the administrative team is absolutely fucking useless. You guys can sit here and preach that things are being done on the back, but you guys NEVER offer any sort of transparency.
*COUGH*

come on guys, post #6

EDIT: noname - fair point and also I think everyone on the Wiki team deserves credit too

Last edited by TC_Halogen; 09-18-2015 at 09:23 PM..
Closed Thread