Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2006, 11:08 AM   #61
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky
Default Re: High School Fashion

looks like we have a BIG BOY! i will go hide in my corner now that you posted that picture. boy did you show me, quicker, you sly devil you.
emccky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #62
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

this thread is hilarious. I'm so glad I decided to read a thread and chose this one. First we get this guy asking FFR for fashion sense, or rather an opinion on the rights of people to make fun of him. It is high school, they have an obligation to make fun of you no matter what you do. Then Synth comes in, whom I don't think has posted on the forums in forever, and advocates an abolishment of clothing, then this other guy comes in and is like "look at me I'm huge and will bench you so take my opinion seriously you little idiots" when everyone that's posted in this thread is comprised of the oldest members of FFR basically. Then Eva admits to wearing those absolutely disgusting Uggs, that got me 10 more minutes of laughter. I'm not even sure what more I could want.

The problem with spending that much money for the jeans is the point that you gain nothing from $187 jeans over say $55-$65 jeans other then the label. Yes you gain a boatload in material quality over $20 jeans, but once you reach good $50 jeans and up, they're all the same. So then by definition the only reason to buy those jeans is BECAUSE YOU WANT PEOPLE SEEING THE TAG. It is the same reason people wear coach bags or kate spade or get their dress from vera wang, etcetera. I could have 10 billion dollars, but at some point a purchase becomes excessive to the point where the main function of the purchase is to show how much you spent on it, and THAT is what is being ridiculed. I'm glad I set everything straight here with such absolute precision and clarity. Thank you and good night.

blahblah18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #63
Quicker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Tasselfoot, check the thread again. I'm not the only one using profanity, and I'm certainly not the first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter
The hell? Wearing expensive clothes gets you girls? My ass it does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfields
There's this guy at school who thinks he's rich just because he wears preppy clothes. He is an asshole.
I'm not gunna quote them all, but yea you get the idea. I'm definately not the only one using profanity.

Also, "We are all just saying that we find it less than the best way to spend his money." That's putting it lightly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter
You shouldn't be ridiculed for being gay or anything (sockwars); you should be ridiculed for wasting money like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorlichan
guys who wear expensive clothes should be ridiculed for spending all that money just like Guido said
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontcareaboutmyid
You should be ridiculed for buying $187 jeans. That's just retarded.
Hmmm...seems like a little more than constructive criticism to me...

Tasselfoot check again. sockwars11 was the one who brought up the word "ridicule" to describe what happened to him at school...not me. After that, 5 other people used the word "ridicule" or a form of it before I ever did(GuidoHunter, whorlichan, dontcareaboutmyid, scorpio1890, YungYung). I didn't use that word until the 27th post.

Finally, I posted the picture because someone wondered why he wouldn't ridicule me in real life. The picture is more like proof to show that I am what I say I am and will do what I say i do. Without the picture, I'd just be another scrub running his mouth. And no, I would never assault anyone for saying something about my fashion. My friends/sisters/cousins bust on me all the time about it...but that's different from ridiculing me.

ridicule (n) - language or behavior intended to mock or humiliate

Ridiculing someone is spiteful. Who the hell likes to be humiliated??
Anyways, to sum it up, I didn't directly say "I can beat the crap out of most of FFR". That statement is merely implied in my response to "Why wouldn't I ridicule you in real life?". So, you see, I wasn't just saying it out of the blue to brag or intimidate. Like I said before...trying to intimidate someone you'll never meet is stupid. I was simply stating facts to answer a question.

Last edited by Quicker; 04-12-2006 at 11:13 AM..
Quicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:29 AM   #64
blahblah18
FFR Player

quicker, look at my above post, it explains everything perfectly, I doubt you'll find any flaw in it

Old 04-12-2006, 11:35 AM   #65
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Jewp, if the collar is the wrong size, the shirt will hang on you funny and look stupid. And my old manager would have a heart attack if he saw anyone wearing an ill-fitting dress shirt.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #66
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicker
You are right sockwars, people WERE reading ur argument the wrong way. Also, I have no idea why they would just ASSUME u went around saying "HEY I'M WEARING $187 DOLLAR JEANS".
He wore the jeans to high school. Any clothes that are out of the ordinary are noticed. This is a fact of high school; clothes are worn to make a social statement, so when you wear anything to high school, you can bet it's going to be noticed and, if it's anything out of the ordinary, critiqued. He didn't have to yell that in order to get the same response. I've said this before.

Quote:
However, most of you complain that you struggle to read my short hand typing....you guys struggle reading short hand and I'M the idiot?? LOL! OMFG people, if reading short hand typing isn't second nature to you by now, go freaking download AIM and chat with people on there.
Forgive me for being accustomed to the English language and the writings of intelligent people. And I'm with Tass here. Not one person on my 400+ person buddy list talks like that. If anyone did, like a certain fifteen year old I know, that person's typing would be ridiculed.

Quote:
Guidohunter, you say you have the right to ridicule him...fine you do. But don't you people think sockwars should also have the right to buy what he wants and wear what he wants without being harassed?!
YES! I never suggested otherwise! Where are you getting these ideas?! He gets to buy whatever he wants, and I get to ridicule him if I want.

Quote:
Picture this:
We all go to the same school. sockwars enters the cafeteria and a group of kids yell out "Hey fagg!t, those are really sexy pants! Did your boyfriend buy them for you?". Then in chimes the FFR crowd with "Yea, what kind of f^cking moron spends $187 for a pair of JEANS!?". Yea, I bet sockwars would feel real good there. He's getting ridiculed not based on who he is but what he's wearing. That's where I come in and tell everyone to shut the f^ck up and leave the poor kid alone. It really sickens me that I'm the only person here who has the moral values to stick up for him.
Yeah, sockwars seems really crushed by what we're saying. But, as I realize that's not the issue here, he asked for the criticism by wearing the jeans to school. It may not have been the desired type, but that doesn't change anything. Bravo to you for sticking up for the little guy, but there's really nothing to defend against here.

Quote:
As for the people who say they would ridicule and put me down to my face?

Not only can I probably benchpress 2 of mostly everyone here, but I've been a student of various forms of Hand-to-hand combat for longer than most of you have been alive. So forgive me for not believing you would actually go through with it unless you had a baseball bat and lots of friends with baseball bats.
Please. Your inflated muscles seem to have inflated your ego, too. This macho complex of yours has distorted reality. I would gladly stand up in your face and tell you that you made a financially irresponsible decision. I would gladly stand up in your face and tell you that you're ugly or anything else (save, of course, things like telling you that I just had nonconsentual sex with your mother or something; I would expect a beating there). Just because I'm scrawny doesn't mean I'll back down to anyone bigger than I.

By posting that picture you're no different than the guys in the FFR chat who say they'll come to my house and beat me up because they have Mexican cousins in Dallas.

Quote:
PS - I also find it funny that you guys are trying to make ME look like the asshole. I NEVER called anyone here any deragatory names in ANY of my posts(no, FFR nerd is NOT a derogatory term. Sorry if that's the impression I gave off. I'm an FFR nerd myself). I called people who threatened others over the internet scrawny, pencil-necked geeks. I didn't say people here were like that. So no emccky I'm not being stereotypical. This thread started with me trying to cheer sockwars11 up while everyone else made fun of him and I'M the asshole...LMAO!!
I never suggested you were an asshole for what you did. In fact, I can't recall any post that has.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:44 PM   #67
martinibaby
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to martinibaby
Thumbs up Re: High School Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio1690
Oh **** don't even get me started about those jeans with rips in them. Seriously every girl I see wearing those I ridicule. Why? Because most of the rips are about knee high, thus I assume they must suck ALOT of cock to wear holes right through to their knees.

Then I call them preppy wannabe emo bitches.
Cause they are.

What the hell does sucking cock have to do with holes in ur pants! sweet im a preppy wannabe emo bitch that sucks a lot of cock! gotta love that!
Old 04-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #68
AasumDude
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio1690
Haha, sucks to your ass-mar.
Am I seriously the only one who got this? Well done scorpio... great reference. It went right over their heads. Excellent novel by the way, I'm reading it for a second time.

For clothing? Who cares... I just wear jeans and a T-Shirt all the time.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #69
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Spazzbite Send a message via MSN to Spazzbite Send a message via Yahoo to Spazzbite

Quote:
shades don't break unless you break them.
This is the most hilariously vague phrase I've seen in a long time, I'm surprised nobody's quoted it yet.

Sockwars, if you've been ridiculed for wearing those clothes, it's because people probably have a heavy lack of respect for you. Appearance is an easy thing to attack, no matter which way you look at it. Gain plenty of respect with people, you won't get attacked.

Quicker, if someone feels the need to beat the living hell out of me for insulting their clothing, I'll let them tear me from limb to limb. Anybody who would do such a thing has no way to react against something so meager aside from using senseless violence, which makes them look like a complete asshat. If I don't like the way you dress, take my comment and go on.

I wear a wide array of clothing, from super-tight jeans to baggy pants, and from blazers to American Eagle vests. My $68 vest is the most expensive article of clothing I own, but I put it to use. It's incredibly warm, and amazingly comfortable, no matter the situation. I've taken it skating, snowskating, hiking, climbing, etc., and it gets dirty. Sure, I get the occasional comments from strangers saying I look like a ***, or that I'm gay, but I never let it get to me.

Quote:
Spazzbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #70
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Wearing Uggs isn't funny. 7 years ago when I first bought them you wouldn't have laughed about them, but now because all these ridiculous celebrities are wearing ugly pink ones it's okay to mock them. Whatever. They're comfortable, last a long time, and keep my feet warm.

ps quicker um i'm pretty sure I could take your whole little "posse" on at once.

Also I have jeans with a few little rips in them. I didn't buy them for the rips, I bought them because they had cute little stitchings on them and because they were different than the rest of my jeans. I'm wearing them right now actually. Girls who wear jeans with those huge holes in them are ridiculous, though.

$187 for jeans is ridiculous. Why do that? Just go buy a pair of like 20 dollar ones and say they cost 187 dollars. Same effect. NO ONE CARES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:56 PM   #71
AasumDude
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
$187 for jeans is ridiculous. Why do that? Just go buy a pair of like 20 dollar ones and say they cost 187 dollars. Same effect. NO ONE CARES.
If this forum had a Genious Award... you'd get it.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #72
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Spazzbite Send a message via MSN to Spazzbite Send a message via Yahoo to Spazzbite

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinibaby
What the hell does sucking cock have to do with holes in ur pants!
Oh trust me, in the middle of a night ending up behind the movie theatre, the joke will kick in and you'll get it.

Quote:
Spazzbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:58 PM   #73
sockwars11
FFR Player

i cant read this much

i started the thread and i want it locked

flame wars suck
Old 04-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #74
blahblah18
FFR Player

sockwars, just read my response and all will be well... spazzbite, will you have my children? SEriously? You will? awesome

Old 04-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #75
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah18
sockwars, just read my response and all will be well... spazzbite, will you have my children? SEriously? You will? awesome
You're a dirty, bad girl.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #76
Mindfields
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mindfields Send a message via Yahoo to Mindfields

Quote:
Originally Posted by AasumDude
Am I seriously the only one who got this? Well done scorpio... great reference. It went right over their heads. Excellent novel by the way, I'm reading it for a second time.
I got it, too.
I hated those little Britich kids.
Them and their pigs heads.
Mindfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #77
Kenzya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kenzya

I dropped something and.. I think it was over here. Could anyone help me look for it?
Kenzya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #78
dontcareaboutmyid
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to dontcareaboutmyid Send a message via Yahoo to dontcareaboutmyid

I love that saying you paid 187 dollars for a pair on sale kohls brand for 10. I'm going to try that one day.

I would also like to invite anyone and everyone to join me in a day of, "Sitting in front of Abercrombie while pointing and laughing at the people buying 'holes in the knee's' pants." We should set a date. Like May 1st.

I can understand that it is your money, you're free to do whatever with it. But I'm going to tell you that spending 187 dollars on a pair of jeans is 170 dollars too much. You can get a PS2 for that much. You can almost get two gamecubes with that. You can almost get a PC with that (a little outdated but functional)

I will state this though. I stopped growing my junior year of highschool. So I've been through about 16 different waist and length changes. I'm holding steady at 34x36 for quit some time here, so perhaps investing a little extra cash in clothing that will last a long time might be worth looking into. But, 187 for a pair of jeans I will not pay. And not because I don't wear jeans. I paid 15$ for on sale kaki's from kohls. They've lasted me to this date from junior year. So quality and lasting isn't much of an issue with pricing.
dontcareaboutmyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #79
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
Jewp... how the hell do you not know about neck size on dress shirts? PS - You're probably a 15 (or 15 1/2), based on your pics.
That's what I figured. But prefer to work in terms of "small/large."
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #80
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
That's what I figured. But prefer to work in terms of "small/large."
Usually the shirts do have "small/medium/large" in addition to the neck/sleeve measurements.