Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 06:38 PM   #2941
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: TWG CLXIV: Classics Man - Game Thread

most of the post was aite
not really sure where to put him after that, still wanna give him a chance to get into the game
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-24-2017, 06:40 PM   #2942
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I just checked though Raekko's last post is on page 104 and she votes for Witch.

Sooooooo that kind of fucks with my mind a little bit.

Ok brb for real

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 02-24-2017, 06:43 PM   #2943
thesunfan
Role Tide

btw I really need to uninstall civ 5
"just 10 more turns" is becoming wayyyyyy too common
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-24-2017, 06:46 PM   #2944
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I feel like Witch and MML should interact with each others as much as possible.

Witch please take the time to answer #2884 and #2885 where MML votes you.

It's important.
I honestly cannot see anything being produced by that except my getting a headache.

Quote:
@Implying you know his flip.
No. Just acknowledging that Jade has been looking better, but it is still a better lynch.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:47 PM   #2945
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Please do it for us getting a read on you if it's not for getting a read on MML.

:/
Old 02-24-2017, 06:54 PM   #2946
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Literally fucking forgot that both Charu and Raeko died in the night because I kind of stepped away from the game for so long mentally

So yeah nevermind about that Raeko's been gone bullshit

Old 02-24-2017, 06:55 PM   #2947
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

<3 you Raeko

Old 02-24-2017, 06:55 PM   #2948
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

alright im refreshed and ready to go <3

reading what i missed~
Old 02-24-2017, 06:56 PM   #2949
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
The only world where it's a bad idea is the one where AA/Shado is together.

I'm pretty sure the majority agrees that AA and Shado being together is super unlikely.
Quote:
Conclusion: Try to get Wolf #2 or Wolf #3 lynched here if Wolf #1 is indeed in AA/Shado.

It's going to open up the game a lot more.
In addition to a generally towny game, Haku's decision to "play the game as if Shado's already flipped town" and his resulting motivation to see if he could "break (my) worlds" was contrary to what I'd expect from wolfHaku. IMO, wolfHaku would've played pretty similarly to Haku's game so far, with the primary differences I'd expect being a lack of genuine initiative, especially when it comes to differing from consensus wolfreads on players.
In those two posts above, the intention shining through is "I want to scumhunt, and I want to find the best method of doing so".
He acknowledges the prevalent wagon, and then insists on taking a different path in finding "#2 or #3." I also really don't see wolfHaku showing the subtle relief indicated in, "It's going to open up the game a lot more."

Quote:
I'm mind melding with this atm because the other option is to be in a tunnel and cry when the result is not what I hoped for.
This post goes back to his motivation in taking a different approach, and indicates acknowledgement that his previous stance of "lynching (Shado) unless a meteor hits (Haku's) house" was a tunnel that he's trying to get out of.

Townread. This also destroys my tinfoil that sunfan's "obvtown Haku" was to force a protown Haku narrative, but that's good 'cause I'll gladly break as much tinfoil as I can right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 02-24-2017, 06:56 PM   #2950
thesunfan
Role Tide

Lar, when you're catching up, you'll see a post I made just 4 u

should explain the DBP stuff you've been wondering about
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-24-2017, 06:57 PM   #2951
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Literally fucking forgot that both Charu and Raeko died in the night because I kind of stepped away from the game for so long mentally

So yeah nevermind about that Raeko's been gone bullshit
I can't really see you faking this as wolf if that's a thing.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:57 PM   #2952
thesunfan
Role Tide

read on Haku is one of the more human looking things Shado has done this phase/game
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-24-2017, 06:58 PM   #2953
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
I can't really see you faking this as wolf if that's a thing.
I'm not saying its not real, but with a vigi, it gets harder to remember who died in the night, if that makes sense.

I've forgotten who died as a wolf before. So it can be real and he can still be a wolf
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-24-2017, 06:58 PM   #2954
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Quote:
Please do it for us getting a read on you if it's not for getting a read on MML.

:/
What is there to say? I've already explained the reasoning and purpose behind what I asked a good deal, and it's pretty clear he's not willing to reconsider. I honestly don't see any reads or benefit coming of retreading the same arguments about what I've done and stressing myself again.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:59 PM   #2955
thesunfan
Role Tide

gonna go out for dinner, I'll be checking on my phone sporadically
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-24-2017, 07:00 PM   #2956
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I'm not saying its not real, but with a vigi, it gets harder to remember who died in the night, if that makes sense.

I've forgotten who died as a wolf before. So it can be real and he can still be a wolf
The real question is why none of us is really using their posts to sort of confirm things or at least make them more likely. @ Charu/Mellon/DBP (MML, you almost made me type DPB ugh)
Old 02-24-2017, 07:02 PM   #2957
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

shado (3) - sunfan, aa, xel
jade (2) - woc, haku
woc (1) - mml
xel (1) - proph
unvote - shado, jade
not voting - wab
Old 02-24-2017, 07:06 PM   #2958
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
Lar, when you're catching up, you'll see a post I made just 4 u

should explain the DBP stuff you've been wondering about
So far it's AA and Shado 'roiding out. Makes me want to vote AA on principle because he's done that shit to me while we where both town as well.

but I probably won't because the very timing of Shado flipping over to hating on Raeko makes me believe he wanted to start a wagon on her when he knew there was at least one other person on board with that (which was me)

Still re reading but tbh Imma start skimming this shit if it's 100% Shado hate

Quote:
(MML, you almost made me type DPB ugh)
<3 you too Haku

Old 02-24-2017, 07:07 PM   #2959
Hakulyte
the Haku

unvote

I need to finish rereading.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:19 PM   #2960
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Certainty View Post
1. I'm town reading him because the major case against him as far as I understand, that he was tunneling Mellon and not really doing anything else, is overblown and flat out wrong, respectively, and he has good content and a good visible mindset in his posts.
Thank you. Being consistently "misunderstood" was driving me crazy. I'm glad to see my mindset and posts are visible to someone.

Quote:
As for who instead, I'd pick Jade, or wine since his not being here yet doesn't change that roundbox never delivered what he promised.
What did roundbox promise?

Quote:
2. I'd hope you know "where my head is at" after I posted that list I think we should lynch from.
And I'm not trying to direct the flow? I've outright stated that town should only lynch from a group of five and asked that people drop their suspicions of someone I think is town with specific reasoning. Let me state that reasoning again for good measure: Even if you really think Shado is a wolf, leave him for now. If this was Xel, okay. If it was Proph, okay. But Shado's post rate, forcefulness, and presence will push wolves to kill him if he's town.
But then you could point out that they specifically won't kill him now? Doesn't matter. We'll lynch other wolves from my list, I'm sure of it. Then we can lynch Shado if you must, once we have more than enough room for error.
The parts before bold are iffy, because I've accumulated enough general suspicion at this point to make me look like an easy scapegoat any time the wolves start to feel pressured.
The bold part itself causes me to lean Witch town, though. Specifically, "once we have more than enough room for error". She's thinking critically, analyzing possibilities and different worlds here, and coming to the conclusion that it's too risky to lynch me here. She's open to the idea of killing me "if you must", but only after town's in a better spot.
A mislynch at this stage is really bad, and the person pushing me is tunneling/pushing for it so hard he was willing to openly declare that town should only lynch between us. Regardless of anything else, the possibility that he's a wolf pushing hard for the finish line alone should deter votes on me/AA. Find someone else this phase, and vigikill/lynch me as you please once we're a little more comfortable in wolf numbers.
Quote:
And yes, my reads are fallible, I could be wrong about Shado just as much as anyone in my "do not lynch" group. But I believe in my reads just as much as you do in yours. And that list is not saying those people are lock town for the rest of the game. It's saying that they're bad lynches at this point.
I haven't worried about not finding wolves because instead I worked on finding people who I didn't want lynched. People I thought were town, who i thought were clearly not wolves, or people whose level of activity and thought made them self-resolving.

This is subtle, but it pretty clearly outlines the difference in playstyle that myself and others have noted. Also explains why she refused to give "scumreads" so to speak, and instead gave a list of five people she thought were scum.
I'm trying to be cautious not to be pocketed so I'm only giving her a townlean, but I do like the approach this post takes to the game, her PoE, and her tone.

Quote:
I've been taking people out of my lynch pool and called for town to not lynch them as well. I've been pushing what I think regardless of how it would go over, or do you think I post half of what I have? So how the hell do you say I haven't tried to direct things? Because I haven't been taking blind leaps and pushing thoughts and suspicions I don't have and/or believe? Because I have therefore mainly pushed against things I think are wrong/bad decisions? I think this is beneath you.
Does this help you finally understand my position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Closed Thread