Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2012, 02:48 AM   #21
Victorique
FFR Player

Default Re: Otaku's Dream 2nd Keyboard Mix (Submissions Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
hey that's offensive. my files have much more than that
I enjoy your files, i was only giving an example, I wasn't saying your files are dumpy, ugh whatever already told you in irc xD
Victorique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #22
Victorique
FFR Player

Sorry I simplified some reviews since I lost an hour of reviews, I managed to point out everything important though.

Poseidon (kors k mix) (CHACHA)
Jack layering is acceptable now, not really how i thought you would fix it but it kinda works, it could be better though.
135.500 I would rather prefer shorter holds (sometimes a shorter hold is enough to give an idea to the player what are you layering to), but since this comes from O2Jam playing I don't care that much
142.500 that pattern is kinda awkward, better if hold wasn't there and have a clean pattern without jacks. But w/e
Yes

The Sampling Paradise (CHACHA)
Oni

Again jacks are not optimal but they work now at least. Yes

Hyadain no Joujou Yuujou (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Oni

8.500 No jump there
Beat 11 beat 11.750 it breaks the flow not to layer that. Same with the ending, my reviews had the reverse effect.
101.000 I would prefer that being layered fully or not layered at all.
Consider flipping around some patterns, sometimes they come too much from one side and are awkward to play (ex: M46).
M50 try to avoid stepping one hold over another unless they're done in the same beat. Makes reading awkward. This part is better without brass holds, only tap notes
M60 Inconsistent layering compared to the first part of the song. No

Last fortune (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Oni

13.750 No jump plz
17.500 underlayer that part jump,tap,jump,tap,jump or layer them in a way that don't end up in jacks. Same issue with the following jumpjacks during the song.
43.000+ flip some patterns around, too many right patterns
46.000 Looks copypasted, not accurate 16ths
M13 Missing sounds already stepped.
82.250 No (32nds) I know what you're trying to do but no.
113.500 flip some patterns too many right patterns.
I would personally continue layering hands in the chorus since it's technically the most important part in the song, at least to those electrical drum sounds or cymbals.
147.000 remove those 32nds and restructure that patterns, it's awkward as hell.
You're trying to make a kinda hard file, but you're really just making patterns awkward and weird to hit.
I would personally not layer that long hold at the end since you didn't layer any vocal hold in the chorus. No

Towa no Kizuna (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Oni

17.500 random jack
37.500 Careful with these type of things, you aren't layering at that vocal before, why start layering them down now (personally i do this a lot with generic files like these, but I start doing it from the very beginning).
49.000 stream starts there, potential 4th and 8ths jump usage before that as a transition.
68.000 This part is underlayered as ****, why vocals, layer background, it doesn't really need to have jumps but at least background lol.
75.250 the sounds are technically there but stepping them doesn't help with the flow of the song.
87.000+ Leave only the hands that go to piano chords, the other ones don't emphasize much.
87.375 No
M23 consider flipping patterns around, you may want to make some taps go to left in first stream and jump go 13 and leave the second stream like it is.
Careful you're not using same hold length for cymbals during the song.
You layered hands in chorus hence you started stepping with more spread patterns.
154.000 patterns are too left handed, consider flipping them maybe to 13 thrills
Consider trimmering holds at the end, they have the same length as the next tap, and with 16ths (half speed) it's pretty awkward to play
I like some ideas of the file, especially the chorus and the beginning. But needs fixes for me to pass this. No

SHOOT! (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Oni

11.250 There's no really need to layer those guitar holds, there aren't loud enough, and only makes the file harder to read.Considering trimmering "ding" holds length to half.
19.750 If you aren't going to change the layering at least flip the notes to non jacks or something that it's more spread (ex: 2 14 34)M6 there isn't a real transition in the song to change layering like that, and it's already inconsistent the fact that there were only single steps before on same sounds. Bad use of climax theory.
37.000 why vocals there and not background sounds, ZZZ
M12, you're mixing layering, if you're layering synths as jumps, don't come out of nowhere and start layering drums bass as jumps too.
M15+ trimmer down holds in length, and limit to only one holds, makes the file weird and boring.
102.500+ Not sure what are those holds going to. I don't think they're necessary at all. If you're going to step double holds for vocals try to do it with closer patterns (12 34, and maaaaaaybe 13 24).
Short holds in chorus = no.
Again my main problem with you are patterns, besides whatever mistakes you may have.
I've also seen this file a lot of times already, my favorite FFRCP Autumn file. NoSuper Stream(AnTiHoLiDaYs)Oni
Inconsistent layering, flow breaking, missing important sound, some weird patterns, overall not as good as my file in OD7 (AND MY FILE WAS BAD THAT'S WHY I'M SAYING THIS), or Lynn's file, also my file had already easy charts. No

Me wo Tojite Gyuttoshiyo (Higguy)
Oni

30.250 Stream starts there.You're stepping to the least important 16ths (the ones you can barely listen while playing and are only audible at slow speeds) while you're still missing a lot of the ones that can be listened at normal speed. Slowing the song isn't to find new sounds is to clarify the ones that you already hear while playing at normal speed.Jump layering is fairly good throughout the song.Beat 95 not sure what are those 24ths going to.Some patterns are kinda awkward try to spread them, example M32 there are a LOT of right patterns, consider flippin some around.Try switching to another more steppable song, this one isn't helping you. No

Vidro Moyou (Higguy)
Oni

Intro:
Look at the beginning of your file, you stepped all 16ths but you didn't mix them, consider mixin' those beginning jack patterns with the one that is in the hold.
Inconsistent use of holds, some missed sounds and some holds are longer than others (same sound).
If you're going to layer only to 8ths with vocals (which isn't a bad idea) layer them correctly all the way
You missed some important percussion sounds beat 89 onwards.
93.500 since you aren't already layering the 32nds in the song, i don't think it's a good idea to start there
There are some jump layering mistakes, mostly because you don't decide what are you going to layer the jumps to, i prefer to drums not bass drums. (bridge of the song especifically)
125.000 It would be way more interesting if you layered the transition there instead of those freezes.
Check holds in chorus, I prefer layering similar vocal long holds in this situation, while you just do it randomly, so you cannot really predict when they're coming. Stick to one layer, if you're going to layer to these kind of holds layer them consistently (look at my main chart for Kuusou Mesorigii in OD8, Destin Histoire or Omokage Warp, they are good examples). Once you get one layered done correctly you can start experimenting and see if it works, but the main layer be it jumps or holds should be there, you can change layers through sections of course but needs to be consistent overall[size=78%].[/size]149.500 why those piano holds now.185.000 That long hold is too much and those 16th patterns you made are inaccurate, they are all 16ths all the way
I won't tell you to layer the all the 32nds, it would be too much to ask you lol.
Sorry I'm probably stealing this song from you :X
No

winterv2 (DDRBaller123)
File is very 2005 like, not really much sync with the song and the steps, sorry. No

confidence driver (Zelda-YEH)
Heavy
Good as an easy chart. Yes
Oni
I would personally layer 16ths between hands. Good file. Yes

Flower (SonicX)
Oni
Beginning has inconsistent jump layering
48.000 There is no sound there.
Inconsistent 16th layering recheck
115.500 missed note
132.500 - and 134.500 same sounds, missing note on the second one. Jacks don't emphasize anything
142.500 Inconsistent jump layering
M40 random jacks, don't emphasize anything, same with similar ones.
Inconsistent jack placement overall.
No

Hyadain no Joujou Yuujou (SonicX)
Oni

Some parts of the file aren't flowing with the song (aka invisible steps or missed steps)
Beat 10 beat 256, HUGE difficulty spike and doesn't make any sense at all.
Bad vocal layering (inconsistent, not layering to same sounds), why would you layer vocals in this song in the first place, there are tons of things to layer to.
Beat 66 and beat 98, same sounds different hold length, inconsistent.
Bad jump placement overall.
121.250 if you're going to layer jumps to claps WHY did you start layering vocals there randomly
M34+ hands in that section don't emphasize much.
Missed some potential sounds
221.250 random jack
M57+ Layer the whole stream or the holds don't start randomly layering the stream in the middle. ( I prefer the stream). No

Magical (bombastik)
Oni

The weird file. Hold should be toned down, excessive use of holds and long holds. Also not always are consistent in length.
165.000 that background stream layering comes out of nowhere without any transition whatsoever, I recommend you removing it.
Some hands aren't really needed, in my opinion but layering is fairly good. There are some inconsistencies but not much of them. You are a fairly good player so you should notice these things if you slow down the file. (sorry i didn't make a better review for the above reason and I'm awfully tired). These reasons keep me from passing the file. No

Our Steady Boy (Xanox)
Oni

If you decide to not to layer jumps at the beginning don't layer the one on 10.000 -.-
M10 Inconsistent layering overall, bad jump placing, bad note placing.
M12+ Those hands aren't really emphasizing much, I know what they are going to but the sound isn't powerful enough to make it a hand
66.750 Missing 16th, especially since you're layering jumps to those sound so add a tap note there.
M18 (beginning) broke layering.
80.750 what is that jump going to, same with the rest in same sounds. Also that hold there without any percussion stepping breaks the flow of the song.
93.750 NO
Please recheck your file, there are bad note placements, bad jump placements and phantom notes all over the file. I just gave an example to get you started.
Also you choose to make stops to layering in the weirdest places
No

ApolloN (EvilDoRuk)
Well flowing file and fun.
Get an easy chart

Break Out Your Stained Brain (aloola)
Oni

Those 34 124 (jump hand) patterns are annoying, especially at these speeds, i would prefer to avoid those hands in these situations or make the jump before a single tap for better pattern flow
M29 try stepping those jumps as a tap note and a grace note, since you've already stepped jumps to another different sound in M27 and they don't really fit together. Basically I feel the same problem during the entire file for example M54 section, i would rather step bass drums to single taps (trills ofc), while you can distinguish them between patterns.
Good file fun, and interesting song choice. As I said previously I find layering confusing sometimes. Easy Chart Plz
Old 04-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
Victorique
FFR Player

Hyadain no Joujou Yuujou (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Light

Fix patterns you have measures without a single right arrow. No
Standard
Fix patterns you have measures without a single right arrow. No
Hard
Avoid jacky patterns in easy charts. Especially since your main chart isn't that difficult, it's an easier chart, you don't only remove layers but make patterns easier, for example M31. Those patterns at that speed are really hard for beginner players.Fix THAT
Oni
I still don't get why are you cutting on 11.750 and 259.750 sounds, it makes that part inconsistent.
Try in the chorus to differentiate somehow with hold length between bass holds and vocal holds, it's kinda confusing.
Still not feeling much that jump in 249.250. Good file for intermediate players. Yes

Last Fortune (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Light

12 measures without a left arrow... No
Standard
Do you ppl look at what you step, jesus christ you don't have a single left arrow in the whole first 6 measures, and there isn't even a reason for this.
REMOVE JACKY PATTERNS OMG. No
Heavy
Avoid 16 trills and 32nd bursts and jacky patterns in this chart thank you. No
Oni
Not feeling your vocal hands at M7+ at all. You can feel the first 4 since there are cymbals and loud drum sounds there, but 29.500 and 30.000 are completely out of place, I would personally layer hands to those loud drums and cymbals in this section, same with chorus, at least cymbals (especially chorus it already feels nice with cymbals). Regarding to this note, why you stopped stepping hands in chorus, it feels completely underlayered compared to the rest of the song (the beginning which is quite similar).
34.750 flip some notes around to avoid that jack for awkward patterns. I don't mind the jack but that pattern layering since the next thing is a short right 32nd trill is ****ing weird to hit. Hmm

SHOOT (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Oni

Recheck 16ths at the beginning of the song
22.500+ i think I missed this last time HELL NO, don't step jumpholds to vocals there, remove those 16ths jumps omg
37.000+ NO it's inaccurate, 32nds are AFTER the 8th and the 8th SHOULD be there.
49.000 why no jump there?
57.000+ Holds put me to sleep, while doing this you missed 16ths ofc. Also recheck jumps they're inaccurate.
101.500, and 105.500 are inacCurate should be the subsecuent 16ths, like 109.750 -.-.
102.750 Random jack
131.000 Missed jump
150.250 I don't mind this jack but if you're going to step it in the chorus, do it every measure, to that specific vocal, don't go and put it randomly there.
Those holds are inconsistent with the first chorus and I don't really know what they're emphasizing to (I guess the guitars, in that case they don't emphasize much and I don't think they're well placed) , I suggest you remove them. Due to this jumps are inconsistent too, example 154.500.
162.750 why a jumpjack there. The same transition in the first chorus you did the transition without it (and in 175.750 you didn't use it either), so why now.
Transition between 171 and 172 is kinda iffy consider reworking it
178.250 again that jack no, and that transition has a bit too much right notes, I can hit it but it looks like shit, at least remove the jack.
No

Towa No Kizuna (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Oni

READ my notes, if I said this:
75.250 the sounds are technically there but stepping them doesn't help with the flow of the song.
why then when i say this:
68.000 (old chart) This part is underlayered as ****, why vocals, layer background, it doesn't really need to have jumps but at least background lol.
You'll step this: 75.250, to this 68.000.
Jesus christ
Step 8ths and 16ths (jumps can be probably be on 16ths or 8ths) and add 32nds to vocals in all that section.
74.000 Those holds are messy, step them to one sound in particular and with the correct length.
In 75.250, if you don't wan't to follow vocals as 32nds you can follow another background sound that's added that goes to some 32nds in that section too.
Check your 16ths in chorus they are not all accurate. You know not everything is copypasting patterns. (I did not check this last time)
88.500 Bad hand placing, due to bad hold placing, remove that whole hold with tap included.
108.250 16th maybe?
M40 Decide whether you're going to use short freezes or hands for that ending part (you're using a hand in the first but you're not layering the hold, you may want to layer it)
Sorry I just can't go through everything in one review, it could take me hours, try to solve some issues on your own too. I don't think I missed anything this time, but just in case...
No

Vidro Moyou (Higguy)
Heavy

NO LOL it was way more consistent before, you broke some parts rather than fix them. Btw I have your old chart if you want it, and if you want help you can join irc lol

Nazokake Manmise ~ Uramenyuu (aloola)
Yeah Yeah Easy chart plz

Last edited by Victorique; 04-22-2012 at 03:26 PM..
Old 04-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #24
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

this thread sure gets a lot of attention!

rip otaku's dream 2012

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
C1004A
Banned

Submissions Received: 53

oh shit... i better finish my fileZ soOn
C1004A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #26
Victorique
FFR Player

F (Blue)
Standard
Huge difficulty gap between this and Heavy, I recommend you simplify the heavy chart. Yes
Heavy
Not enough difficulty gap between this and Oni, simplify more. No
Oni
I'm not really feeling some of your hands, especially the ones after M63, otherwise cool file, nice to see a different layering style too. Yes

Flower (SonicX)
Offset is around 0.040-0.060 late
Heavy
M6+ It would have been a lot better if you stepped that section using pitch relevancy.
Careful with some patterns some of them are too left handed at times, try flipping some around
Slow down the file, 16ths are technically inaccurate, due to this file doesn't flow well, example: look at M14 and slow down the file
131.000 Missing jump.
338.000 HUGE difficulty spike, you've also been stepping those as rolls, keep it as rolls for consistency, and seeing the difficulty of the file one handed trills are too much.
You probably missed some 16ths due to offset. I used 0.020.
Try reworking the file in some parts. I would personally layer the file a lot more densily but I understand this is for intermediate players, so I don't care THAT much.
For now work on that.
Especially if you're going to do this type of layer (with barely jumps, work a lot in pitch relevancy, it will be very important in your file)
No

Grave Consequence (Gundam-Dude)
Heavy

O bby dat pitch relevancy. Dat Tsukaser. Really fun file. Yes

Hardcore Machinegun (Blue)
Oni

Not sure what are you really trying to do with hands in the 24ths rolls fast part. They seem inconsistent to me.
Overall really fun file, dunno maybe for scoring too. Yes

Hyadain No Joujou Yuujou (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Easy Charts
Better. Yes

Oni
What I sent you to the e-mail

Paradise Girl Madorin (C1004A)
Heavy
Honestly I don't mind getting this chart as a beginner chart in the pack, but I feel it's a HUGE DUMP, and I need a main chart and an easier chart (less dumpy maybe) that, can be played by other than good players too. I'm trying to get attention of intermediate players too. No
Oni
Same as Heavy but with added Jumpjacks. No

SHOOT (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Oni

Please check your 16ths at the beginning of the file and the bridge before the chorus (M15+) they don't flow well.
M15+ rather leave holds or leave 16ths, not both. Also I recommend you to trimmer long holds in length, they don't necessary need to be the length they really are. Just being there they already give the player a hint on what you're layering to
23.500 24.750, those jacks don't emphasize that much, and they're hard to read since they're between a wall of holds.
49.000 That hand feels completely random in the song since you feel reluctant to layer hands to those sounds in the song. Probably will be better removing it.
Chorus: Check some 16ths, some don't end on the 16th before the 4th, they end on the 8th right above (probably similar of what I told you with last fortune. No

Sweet Drops (LongGone)
Standard

Heavy
So kawaii, great layering, fun despite being easy . Yes

The Question (DDRTime)
Heavy

Oni
Not feeling much your hands at M31-35, I know what you're trying to do but they seem overemphasized. Likewise 150.000, 166.000.
M55 till end. I would consider trimming off your holds in length to make some patterns more readable.
Overall, interesting song, I would rather layer some parts differently since they're indicating me some good transitions, but solid nevertheless. Yes

Towa no Kizuna (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Oni

Beat 67-81 NO those 32nds don't flow with the song remove them, it's the third time I tell you this.
Also you included hands from the chorus till the end, which make some other parts (beat 83+ till chorus, completely weird, there's no really need for them in the beginning though :3)
No

Week (SonicX)
Offset is late again (Do you play with some global offset? check it)
Cut the song, it isn't really that interesting to step the full ver of it.
Hard
Some 8ths as vocals are inaccurate most of them are swingy 24ths (I didn't them all but file feels weird as ****)
Jump layering is pretty much ok, but there isn't much going with the song, and vocals isn't always easy to sync. No

Yellow Line (C1004A)
Heavy

Song drags WAYYYYYYYYYYY too much in some parts and gets too repetitive, it gets rather boring after 3 min. My only complaint with this file are those LOOOOOOONG hold patterns which are ****ing weird to hit and that hold spam before them, otherwise I wouldn't really mind much sliding this into the pack. Maybe
Old 04-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #27
C1004A
Banned

i sent in Yellow Line because well, i wanted to send in a marathon song because i haven't seen many marathon anime songs besides medleys and stuff

i can change up the hold patterns if you want, and im assuming the 2nd chart isn't even up for consideration? ;3

also, sent in another file
C1004A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:18 AM   #28
Victorique
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1004A View Post
i sent in Yellow Line because well, i wanted to send in a marathon song because i haven't seen many marathon anime songs besides medleys and stuff

i can change up the hold patterns if you want, and im assuming the 2nd chart isn't even up for consideration? ;3

also, sent in another file
I don't really think oni makes much of a difference to the file, it just makes it more dumpy tbh xd

If you mean second chart by easy charts I'll see it after file is passed xd
Old 04-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #29
Victorique
FFR Player

A Tiny, Tiny, Clever Commander (Kaneh)
Hard

I'd personally cut that indexstreaming section for easy chart and make normal layering, but i guess it's acceptable. Yes
Oni
Holds during the long hold section could be reduced in length. That pattern near the end 1 23 1 23 is awkward to hit given the difficulty of the file. Not much to say well layered and enjoyable. Yes

Barran (mi40)
Heavy

Those jacks at the end of the section aren't really emphasizing that much, and make file awkward. Layering is ok, could be better, but file isn't that interesting to begin with. I'm being more stricter on your files since you sent me 7 files from the same game lol. No

Battle Won (mi40)
That beginning 24ths jack is a huge difficulty spike, consider making it at least a 24th trill. I'm not feeling much your hands, since file isn't emphasizing much to begin with. I would personally layer some some sections of the song more. Overall not bad but needs a couple of files before I can pass this. Maybe

Burion Ruins (mi40)
Heavy

I'm not quite feeling your layering here. It feels like it was done for dumpy purposes more than following more the flow of the file. Some parts don't really flow with the song. No

Escape from the City (C1004A)
Heavy

Those jumps feel completely overemphasized, out of place, and inconsistent.
Not sure why you decided to step non jack transitions while you used jack ones on others. Given the real difficulty of the file I don't think they're necessary.
97.500 Again those jumps feel completely out of place.
I'm not really feeling your vocal hands at all.
No

Flower (SonicX)
Hard

M6+ I didn't say to change patterns, I said that you could use pitch relevance. Patterns look iffy but it still works.
M14+ same as above, patterns are a bit iffy but somehow they still how, may want to check them (missing piano sounds).
M17 No, recheck.
M18 Missing piano sounds :d
M21 No
M22 Same deal as M18, cause the pattern is the same
M25 I can forgive you in this one.
M26 Check some synths, some notes are badly placed
M38+ Check 16ths before the end of each measure.
226.000 Missing 16th after that 32nd
265.750 Missing 16th
268.000+ I would personally layer those sounds as hands till the end but given your minimalistic layering choice it isn't really needed, you could use it as climax theory and layer the ending of the song with more jumps and include hands.
M72+ same deal as M38+, those two aren't that important as the rest.
M87+ Check that ending.
Overall not a bad attempt, it has mistakes but it's fluid enough to pass this if you fix some things. For now. No

Harvest Dance (Anaru & hi19hi19)
Standard

I need you guys to simplify this more sorry (especially hands jacks and trills, and MAYBE rolls). No
Heavy
I find that some hands were not really needed but not much of a problem. Well layered and enjoyable. I find this really fun. Jacks, bursts and 24th trills made this really interesting to play. Yes when you fix easy chart

Holy Orders (LC)
Oni

Holds may be trimmed in length to avoid awkward patterns.
Jump jacks during hold patterns are awkward to hit and hard for some people.
I find your layering iffy and inconsistent especially with guitar jacks. You're not always layering them, and seem kinda randomly layered.
Also, I don't know why this may be the most boring way to step this song lol. No

Intro (mi40)
Heavy

Again I'm not really feeling some of your layering here. That long jump jack is a huge difficulty spike and looks like it's there only for difficulty purposes not for really layering purposes. Some hands don't feel right and overemphasized. No

Neko Miko Reimu B (Kaneh)
Heavy

Oni
I'm not quite sure what are those triple holds at the beginning going to lol. M41 and M49 why did you layer both different? O.o .
Overall, well layered and enjoyable. Yes

Easy charts

All good. Yes
Oni
Try to differentiate cymbals from the rest as miniholds or hands next time. Yes

March for Koala (C1004A)
Standard

I would personally prefer if you can turn, those trills into something easier, and that burst in the end, maybe removing jumps from it. Also stepping those thrills as quads is weird as ****. Maybe a jump or mines but not more than that lol. Fix this plz
Heavy
O boy, I think 80% of OD community is gonna hate on this file, especially those bursts lol. Good scoring file. Yes

Party Love (SonicX)
Offset is late again
Heavy
Lol decide if you're stepping an easy or a hard file. Also that chorus is REALLY REALLY borderline dumpy. No

Pepperi Mountain (mi40)
Heavy

Those jumpjacks are HUGE difficulty spikes. I don't really mind them but i'm pretty sure no one outside the ones that enjoy kb packs will enjoy this. No

Poinsettia (SonicX)
I'm really more worried about the difficulty spikes of this file, especially since the second part is WAY more layered that the first part, especially the 24ths part (and the second and last one have jacks :S). There are some mistakes, not really huge ones (I may have to check but well as I said I'm not worried about that). Also the ending minefield (I know not everyone plays with mines, but well) may be difficult for some people considering the difficulty of the first half of the file. Consider reworking this and make the file a bit more layered overall, with layering to percussion (which you don't seem much proned to layering) and keep the most "difficult" parts of the file like this with little variation.
Teleporting mines near the end.
There's a mine below the hold at the end.
No

T-Fanger Battle (mi40)
Heavy

I find this is pretty fluid, short and nicely done. Quads MAY be a bit too much. Easy chart

Toronko Village Spring (mi40)
ZZZZZZZZZZZ song sorry. No

In www. just night (C1004A)
Heavy

Your layering is way too dumpy especially after that synth sound ends. Also cause this is an istrumental ver of a song bg is pretty generic, and turns boring after a while. Sorry. No

Fang of Critias (C1004A)
Heavy

File isn't much interesting to begin with and feels excessively layered, especially during the long hold part. Feels overlayered and lackluster due to song. I dunno

File queue is at 35 files. Get your easy charts done, files without a passed easy charts won't be included in the pack. I'll probably end submissions by mid May so you have around 3 weeks. Also this pack ended being more non anime oriented than I originally thought. Also I'll update the charts that need gfx or a replacement with hope that somebody will help.

Last edited by Victorique; 04-26-2012 at 05:28 PM..
Old 04-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #30
Victorique
FFR Player

Battle Won (mi40)
Standard

After playing this file for a second judging, I realized how repetitive is this even though it's only 1:11. I get bored past the second repetition. Sorry for making even make a fix for this but I'm not really enjoying this. No

Beat from Melty Blood (Tweety3187)
Heavy

Simple easy flowing files. Yes, easy chart plz

F (Blue)
Easy Charts

All good. Yes

Festival at the old temple stage (Tweety3187)
Heavy

Good bass jack theory, my only problem with this file is that in the minihold part you're placing jacks right after them which makes the file in that part hard to read. Try to do something with that if you can. Yes

FLOWER (SonicX)
Heavy

M69 jumps are really off compared to the rest of your layering.
M87 I was telling you to layer more with more density in the second part of the song after the first chorus not at the end lol. That layering is really really off compared to the rest.
Side Note: As I said before I'm not against rejecting this file but I feel due to the simplicity of the layering of this probably 70% of the sm community won't play this and files are made for ppl to play it. As I also said before this file has already been stepped, a thousand times in a really similar way (and better), and I think already song choice is making this less playable due to the number of stepped charts for this. But w/e do as you like. =/

Heavenly Moon (Crazy Star)
Oni

The way you layered this (your steps) doesn't flow with the song in a lot of places (I don't feel it). Enough reason for me to fail this. No

Kimono Princess (Yume)
Standard

Heavy
Amazn, probably one of my favorite files of the pack. Yes

Let's Go Modulation! (aloola)
Oni

Lol do something about that first 64ths burst it's really awkward to hit.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ song is ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and earcancer. Layering is fun but song is ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Yes

perditus paradisus (XxdbxX)
Oni

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ long holds + overuse of hands + dump + <Icancontinuefactor> = No

Poinsettia (SonicX)
Heavy

Sync your files goddamit
Your beginning jump layering is sometimes not consistent.
Beat 57+ Please step those parts with some kind of pitch relevancy ZZZ.
111.000 Jump
171.000+ Stepping those bass sounds as jumps doesn't really help with the flow of the song, keep the layering you've been using and remove those.
193.000+ after seeing this transition and the next one which includes percussion, it feels weird to layer both with the same layering (actually it feels weird to layer only the synth, ofc i'm saying this for beat 57+ too and the other repetitions of this part), think about it, you're transitioning to a louder sound. But it doesn't really help that you layer 209.000+ as hands since you're using hands for cymbals already and will make your file a lot messier, especially since your layering isn't that dense during the song (I mean include hands more jump layering etc), so maybe I'll suggest switching back the synths to single taps or reworking that part into different layering, for example using percussion (some jumps on drums) while keeping the synths.
294.000+ same deal as 171.000+. (ofc i'm saying this for the rest of the song similar parts too)
Check 16th percussion sounds, some are off (slow down to half rate and listen to them)
626.333+ Those layered as jumps don't really feel as jumps.
Overall file isn't as bad as I make it sound, maybe because it's pretty ok is that I took my time to make a fairly long revision for this. I would really like if you worked more on this song than Flower, it can be replayable with some fixes, and it hasn't been stepped (I think). No

Sakura-Koi-Uta (Tweety3187)
Heavy

!luv

Shiai Kaishi (Bombastik)
Oni

Not feeling your decision to switch layering at the beginning. Not feeling most of your hands. Steps don't really flow with the song. Most 8th jacks are badly placed they don't feel well, and some notes are placed wrongly too. No

Yellow Line (C1004A)
Heavy

Song is that repetitive that you're forced to vary your layering a lot through the song. Results: Confusing and inconsistent layering + I don't feel your hands near the end + I don't feel your jumpjacks at all. Also, ZZZZZZ not enjoying this at all sorry. No
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #31
O!J
Banned

so whats your opinion on fang of critias atm (this is c1004a btw)
i personally think the song is pretty repetitive too
just scrap it from the conditional list
O!J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #32
Victorique
FFR Player

fortissimo -the ultimate crisis- (Kaneh)
Standard
Heavy
Good file for intermediate players, it was ok, kinda unreplayable for good players since there isn't much going on, maybe it's me that expected a lot more of this. Anyways. Yes

Melting Time (Kaneh)
Standard

Heavy
Yuyoyuppe :'). Fine is nice and replayable. I would've done some parts differently but it's ok. Yes

Phantasia Ballad (Gundam-Dude)
Standard

Yes
Heavy
OLDOLDOLDOLD... Prehistoric file. Cool file. Yes

Poinsettia (SonicX)
Heavy

M24 you omitted some steppable sounds that could've made the song better.
M38-M39 section 16ths are technically incorrect.
167.750 and 171.750 ommited sound
M45+ Section is incorrect and different from the first ones that are the same section (see M19). I understand you're trying to focus on bass but, it really isn't accurate and messes up the whole section.
M74 same section than M70 different stops ?
309.750 Missed sound
363.250 16ths should start 1 8th after.
M96 same as M38
405.000+ it's a 12ths section
Recheck some parts of the file overall. No

Secret Garden (LC)
File is a bit lackluster for a 2min file, it drags a lot honestly since there isn't much variation, otherwise good file. I liked the ending . Yes, come back with an easy chart

Two Faced Lovers (Kaneh)
Standard

Good as an easy chart
Oni
I hate this song. I can't enjoy the file in the slightest. Yes

Vallista (LongGone)
<3. Really fun file, replayable as ****. Yes

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I haven't been in mood for stepmania. I'll probably close this when I finish my files since there isn't much activity going on lately (Around first week of June). Please ppl start finishing your easy charts thank you .
Old 06-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #33
Victorique
FFR Player

Wow It's been a while I have touched this.

Acchi de Kocchi De (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Easy charts

All good
Oni
You may want to add some hands to louder sounds. Ex M1 M2 M3, M15 ,etc, since the hands at the end come out of nowhere, compared to the rest of the song. You don't really need to add them all over the place, just in some specific places, it will also make the file a lot more interesting. M19+ section is kinda iffy since you're trying to mix vocals and the other sound, and changing them. It would be a lot better if you concentrated in only one of them. Jumps could've been added to claps in that section, and you could've layered those xylophone burst sounds, but that's my personal preference. Good file, fun to play.
Yes

Bad Apple (Erebus Lux)
Pattern changes at the beggining don't make the song more replayable (though this isn't that important).
Mines get annoying especially with fakes (nobody uses sm5 yet so don't bother using them), it makes the file tedious.
Some rythmic inconsistencies with 16ths, with sometimes adding bg 16ths randomly.
Too much holdspam, annoying.
Too long.
Most unsteppable song ever for 4key. One thing is making a decent chart for it and another is to make it replayable. Unfortunately no one can do the second one in 4key for this song.
No

Hello (Mazei)
You barely made any changes regarding bass sounds i told you.
Also focusing on hands for piano it's kinda bad since there are more stronger sounds during the song that can be hands instead of piano chords since they're not loud enough compared to others.
Song is kinda lackluster in general as I said before.
No

Koyubi no Paradox (AnTiHoLiDaYs)
Ez Charts
All good
Oni
Maybe my only complaint with this is that guitar miniholds are kinda inconsistent before the chorus since you're mixing guitar sounds that you're stepping with ones you don't which makes it look weird, it isn't bad it just feels kinda weird when playing. Good file, i would've stepped it more densily but you normally go for more minimalistic layerings. Yes

Memoria (Higguy)
Heavy

Inconsistent jump, hand, hold and 16th layering (everything lol) overall. Try harder next time plz. No

Miracle Melody (XanoX)
I'm not really feeling a lot of your hands and jacks, mines get annoying and holds get inconsistent at parts. Tbh i quitted halfway due to a lot of inconsistencies in the file. Also mines get really annoying. No

Neurotoxin (LongGone)
<3

Sayonara Sekai (aloola)
Oni

File is fine, song drags a bit too much, at least it ends at the right time. I hope i played the correct chart lol xd. Ez chart plz

Short But Seems Long, Time of Our Life (aloola)
Wow really nice simfile for being 4 min long. I would've layered some parts more heavily personally, especially to make the file a bit more fluid and similar in difficulty to the only "hard" part of the file. Anyway really fun, I'm willing to accept this even if you don't make an ez chart for being long, but try to make it if you can. Yes

QUEUE AT 56 FILES, ABSOLUTE DEADLINE SATURDAY 7/7
IF YOU WERE RONNED TOMORROW, I WOULDN’T GO TO UR TABLE CUZ I’D BE IN FURITEN FOR RIICHIING DA MOTHA ****ER THAT RONNED YOU!
WE TRUE TOMODACHIS. WE RON TOGETHER. WE TSUMO TOGETHER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Last edited by Victorique; 06-27-2012 at 09:52 PM..
Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #34
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

.________. sending a file right now (assuming that remixes from japan games are allowed haha)

Last edited by XxMidigamixX; 06-27-2012 at 10:40 PM..
XxMidigamixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #35
Victorique
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMidigamixX View Post
.________. sending a file right now (assuming that remixes from japan games are allowed haha)
Yes they are
IF YOU WERE RONNED TOMORROW, I WOULDN’T GO TO UR TABLE CUZ I’D BE IN FURITEN FOR RIICHIING DA MOTHA ****ER THAT RONNED YOU!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #36
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorique View Post
Yes they are
cool :3

Old 06-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #37
Lynn.
FFR Player

7/7.. my first term's final exam ends 7/9
Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #38
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn. View Post
rip

Old 06-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #39
Victorique
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn. View Post
I can make 1 or 2 exceptions especially I'm still trying to get ppl to make easy charts, so release will take a while. But I'm not gonna make a review batch again after that or I'm not gonna accept files w/o easy charts.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #40
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

oh man i have some anime to step for this