Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > FFR Songs and Artist Permissions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #501
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Artist Blanket Permissions v5

Double post. Uh-oh.

We have had blanket from Action Adventure World for a while now.

http://www.actionadventureworld.com/

Proof:
(http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6203/aawpermission.jpg)

Didn't see it in the list.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 11-28-2011 at 05:30 PM..
Old 11-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #502
FallenXxRaven
FFR Player

Just got blanket permission for Envy. You may have heard one of his songs in The Impossible Game 2.

Proof (part one, showing that that really is his AIM from his newgrounds page)
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...Rose/Envy1.jpg

Proof (part two, the IM)
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...Rose/Envy2.jpg

EDIT - part two might be kinda crappy quality. Heres a .png just to be on the safe side http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...se/Envy2-1.png
Chris Huntress 1:37 pm
I aaa'd vROFL
without any lube

Last edited by FallenXxRaven; 11-29-2011 at 01:21 PM..
Old 11-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #503
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I'm pretty sure we already have blanket permission from envy, we even have one of his songs in-game :P
Old 11-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #504
FallenXxRaven
FFR Player

I didnt see him on the list, but oh well. Now we can be super sure lol
Chris Huntress 1:37 pm
I aaa'd vROFL
without any lube
Old 11-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #505
colt.45
WASHED UP
FFR Veteran

Idk if I should post this here or not.
But could anyone try to get permission from this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/user/dummeh#p/u/18/7782bWGyAbo

He has some amazing Video game Remixes..
Old 11-30-2011, 02:05 AM   #506
UnkownMan
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UnkownMan Send a message via Yahoo to UnkownMan

Just saying that you can use any song from my SoundCloud. (I made a thread about this, but my music wasn't up to par with how it is now).
http://soundcloud.com/anonywolf
Plus, I have some more on my bandcamp.
http://robotsizeinc.bandcamp.com

Sorry for the advertisement. Just letting you all know.
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Old 12-1-2011, 02:32 AM   #507
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghakimx

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt.45 View Post
Idk if I should post this here or not.
But could anyone try to get permission from this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/user/dummeh#p/u/18/7782bWGyAbo

He has some amazing Video game Remixes..
What's wrong with doing it yourself? Not like he's speaking a foreign language, so you could just shoot him a PM and he'll most likely say yes.

I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.

Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #508
_DarkLink_
FFR Player

ok, i'm not a big artist or anything like that, but just gonna be safe so nobody starts random bullstuff against me or the people here at FFR. i give full permission for any music i create to be used on FFR for any reason, as long as i am placed as the song as the artist of it, Shane Bentley. not the simfile creator. just the artist section. i also give permission for any song i create to be downloaded for either personal enjoyment or for stepfile creation purposes, personal or otherwise.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #509
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DarkLink_ View Post
ok, i'm not a big artist or anything like that, but just gonna be safe so nobody starts random bullstuff against me or the people here at FFR. i give full permission for any music i create to be used on FFR for any reason, as long as i am placed as the song as the artist of it, Shane Bentley. not the simfile creator. just the artist section. i also give permission for any song i create to be downloaded for either personal enjoyment or for stepfile creation purposes, personal or otherwise.
And where can we find these songs? ;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 12-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #510
_DarkLink_
FFR Player

http://soundcloud.com/shanebentley
here is the link to my music. personally, i think the best song i have so far is Unknown strengths to kill us all
Old 12-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #511
_DarkLink_
FFR Player

leave comments about what you think of my music on my FFR profile. be it a wall post or a PM. either/or. i just enjoy hearing feedback. i apologize for poor sound quality as well. i dont have the best recording materials

Last edited by _DarkLink_; 12-14-2011 at 04:30 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #512
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

Can someone fix Shimamura's URL to actually direct to his Soundcloud? It redirects to www.ravers.jp/dynasty which no longer works apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
Old 12-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #513
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghakimx

Actually, don't bother. DJ Shimamura is a no-go.

I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.

Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.

Last edited by Ghakimx; 12-14-2011 at 10:45 PM..
Old 12-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #514
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Rainbowdragoneyes blanket get
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...69#post3591369
Old 12-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #515
CammyGoesRawr
nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
FFR Veteran

Anyone ever try to get permission from TECH N9NE ?

If not, i may try this.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #516
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Two permissions that I forgot to post about, Luke Da Duke and Raigon (both of which are blanket, the link in the first image is a link to his first EP)

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #517
megamon88
aka Assertive

dibs on hello
Old 12-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #518
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

For the sake of making this more accessible and people using the correct information

Dear (Band / Artist)

My name is (Your name here). I'm wondering if I could have a minute of your time to request permission to use your music in a free online rhythm game called FlashFlashRevolution. The website is www.flashflashrevolution.com.

FFR is an online rhythm based game where you hit arrows in time with music. The music is streamed and both the game and music cannot be downloaded. FFR was started in 2002 and we currently have over 1.7 million users.

The full list of artists we have permission for can be seen in the following link:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...09#post3346909

FFR is a free-to-play website and does not earn any money from these songs. We do not sell or redistribute the music either. Your music will not be sold or available for download.

I feel that if we got your permission to use your songs on our website then we would be able to get more people into your music and that we would have some incredible files for people to play.

In conclusion, I am writing for permission to use your songs on FlashFlashRevolution.com. You do not have to permit whole albums; even a song or two would be enough if that is all you want to offer.

If you have any more questions regarding my request, or have any other questions at all then please contact me through any of the following methods:

(Try to list at least an e-mail address here.)

I look forward to a reply in the future. Thank you for your time.

Yours Sincerely,

(Your name again)

(Originally written by The Raping Dragon)

I guess if you want I'll quickly update the others, but this one is pretty much the most general one I would hope.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:19 PM   #519
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I updated them all in mine...lol

EDIT: lemme find the post, sorry bout the wait lol
DOUBLE EDIT: there you go

Decided to just post it here:
Basically, something that looked like the sticky that was created a bit back, that laid it out very simply. I've modified things a little bit, and included raskanally's link (whether we decided that form was what we wanted to use or not is obviously not a final decision I make).

Obtaining Permission from Artists for FFR

When trying to obtain permission from artists' songs for use in FFR, there are a few essential points that you need to keep in mind.

1. Be accurate.

Before you even begin to try to get a permission you have to make sure that all of your information is accurate and correct. Make sure that you have the right author / song title / album title (where applicable). Make sure it's not a remix or something like that which could get FFR in trouble with the original author who never gave permission for the remix in the first place.

The other reason for accuracy is so that you show the recipient of the email that you know what you are talking about.

2. Ask the right questions.

Depending on what you are going for you will need to use a different approach. Not every permission request is the same, since sometimes you will need to contact a record label, an artist, or a group affiliated with an artist. Each situation will require a different approach and these will be covered briefly below.

IF you are asking an independent artist / group for their permission then go to step 3a.

IF you are asking a signed artist / group for their permission or a record label for any artist at all then go to step 3b.

3. Asking for Permission

This is obviously the most important step, as this is the whole goal of your endeavor. In order to ensure your success, we recommend the following templates, but you do NOT have to adhere to them by any means.

In your requests, in general, we recommend that you include:
-Your name, introduce yourself. Let them know you have an interest in their music.
-Information about FFR; the web address, member count, perhaps the gist of the game.
-A link to the Permissions thread, and perhaps a link to the current songlist in game, so they can view artists in FFR.
-Ask for permission to use songs. Specify if you want blanket permission, or if you just want to use certain songs.
-(IF ON RECORD LABEL) Tell the artist you sent the request to their label as well, and let the label know you have shown interest to the artist. This keeps them on the same page.
-MAKE SURE you include that the game is non-profit for the songs, and that they cannot be downloaded on the site.
-Thank them for their time, and give them an invitation to ask if they have questions.

3a. Independent Artist / Group

The beauty about independent artists is that they have no record company or label (or they own the label themselves) and so you only need to send one email.

Make sure to be absolutely certain that they don't have a label. Once you are certain try to find a contact address for them. This could either be an email or a letter. Some good places to check for contact points for independent artists are wikipedia, their official website, or myspace (or similar musical outlets such as last.fm).

Once you have an email address you can send the email to them. The template we recommend is here:

Quote:
Dear (band / artist name).

My name is (your name). I'm wondering if I could have a minute of your time to request permission to use (songs / whatever) in a free online rhythm game called FlashFlashRevolution. The website is www.flashflashrevolution.com.

FFR is an online rhythm based game where you hit arrows in time with music. The music is streamed and both the game and music cannot be downloaded. FFR was started in 2002 and we currently have over 1.7 million users.

The full list of artists we have permission for can be seen in the following link:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=115492

The full list of artists that have songs in the game can also be found at that link, and the songs in game can be viewed at this link:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...s/FFRSongs.php

FFR is a free-to-play website and does not earn any money from these songs. We do not sell or redistribute the music either. Your music will not be sold or available for download.

I feel that if we got your permission to use your songs on our website then we would be able to get more people into your music and that we would have some incredible files for people to play.

In conclusion, I am writing for permission to use your songs on FlashFlashRevolution.com. You do not have to permit whole albums, even a song or two would be enough if that is all you want to offer.

(Alternative for the above paragraph: Ask for specific songs or albums that you want, for example:In conclusion, I am writing for permission to "song 1" and "song 3" on FlashFlashRevolution.com. I feel that these songs would be an amazing addition to FFR and I hope that you will give permission for these two songs).

If you have any more questions regarding my request, or have any other questions at all then please email me at the following address:

(your email)

Sincerely,

(your name)
3b. Signed Artist / Group

This does vary from label to label but ultimately your final email will be around the same. The first thing to do is find out which label the artist or group is with. This can most likely be found on wikipedia.

Secondly, you need to go to the label's website and see if you can find any "terms of service" or "artist / license request" forms or information on either. These will usually give you information on how a label feels about distributing the music of their artists. It can also tell you if the label will expect royalties for anything to do with any of their artists.

If you can't find anything like this then you can move on. If you do find a form, and it doesn't mention royalties, then you should use that form to apply for request for music to be put into FFR.

If none of the above is applicable then you'll need to move on to emails.

The ideal route is to send two emails. One to the artist / group and one to the record label. If a band is linked with multiple labels and you aren't sure which label is the right one for what you are asking permission for, then you may have to email every single label and explain the situation.

The following emails are what we suggest as templates for your two emails:

Template for band / artist email:
Quote:
Dear (band / artist name).

My name is (your name). I'm wondering if I could have a minute of your time to request permission to use (songs / whatever) in a free online rhythm game called FlashFlashRevolution. The website is www.flashflashrevolution.com.

The full list of artists that have songs in the game can also be found at that link, and the songs in game can be viewed at this link:

May I just take a moment to say that FFR is a free-to-play website and FFR does not earn any money from these songs. We do not sell or redistribute the music either. Your music will not be sold or made available for download.

I understand that you are with (record label) and I have sent an email to them as well to request this permission, but I thought it would be fair to email you as well, especially as this is your music I am requesting. I am especially interested in (song / album) and hope that you can give permission for us to use it or tell me what way I should go about requesting this permission from your record label.

I just want to repeat that we will not make any money out of this. If you give us permission then we will buy the (album / song) ourselves. As well as that, with your (song / album) in FFR you will get free publicity and hopefully more people will come to appreciate your music as I do.

In conclusion, I am writing for permission to use (song / album) on FlashFlashRevolution.com. You do not have to permit everything I've asked for, even a song or two would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any more questions regarding my request, or have any other questions at all then please email me at the following address:

(your email)

Sincerely,

(your name)
Template for Record Label email:
Quote:
Dear (record label).

May I just take a moment to say that FFR is a free-to-play website and FFR does not earn any money from these songs. We do not sell or redistribute the music either. If any permission is given then we will buy the albums / songs ourselves and we don't make any money out of this. On the other hand, the artists you allow permission for will get free publicity on our website and it may entice more people to buy their albums.

I feel that if we got your permission to use your songs on our website then we would have some incredible files for people to play. Permission for even one or two songs from one artist would still be greatly appreciated.

In conclusion, I am writing for permission to use (song / album / artist) on FlashFlashRevolution.com. However, as I've said, you do not have to permit everything I've asked for, even a song or two from any artist would be greatly appreciated.

(your email)

Sincerely,

(your name)
4. Results, and Responses

No, you're not done, what were you thinking??

This is the most important part, how will everything turn out. There are various possibilities and ways to handle the results. Run through them to find the one that applies to you.

4a. An artist / band says yes to your request.
If this is the case then well done. You've got a permission. You can use the following email if you wish:
Quote:
Dear (artist / band)

Thank you for your permission to use (whatever they offered). This is greatly appreciated and I'll let FFR know shortly. If you would like, once a song has been put into the game I can email you again to give you a link for the final result?

Again, I just want to say thank you for your permission.

In order to verify the authenticity of this email, would you be able to fill out the form at the following link to say that you do give permission for (song / album):
http://raskanally.webs.com/FFRForm.html

Thank you!

Sincerely,

(your name)
4b. An artist / band says no to your request.
No worries, it happens. Still send them another email. Again a template for you:
Quote:
Dear (artist / band)

I'm sorry to hear that you won't give permission for (whatever) but I want to just thank you for replying to my email.

Good luck in the future and I look forward to future (songs / albums).

Sincerely,

(your name)
4c. An artist / band doesn't reply.
Give it at least a week. If you hear no reply then just send another email. Something along the lines of:
Quote:
Dear (artist / band)

I am writing to you again with regards to the email I sent you on (date) about permission for (song / album) to be used in our free online rhythm game at www.flashflashrevolution.com.

I understand that you must be very busy but if I could just have a moment of your time then I would really appreciate a reply to that email. Even if the email is only to say why you can or cannot give permission, that in itself would be enough.

Thanks again for your time and I hope to hear a reply shortly.

Sincerely,

(your name)
4d. A record label replies saying yes.
Again, congratulations, but still be polite and send another email to the record label, something like:
Quote:
Dear (record label / or person's name if someone personally emailed you)

Thank you very much for your permission to use (song / album / artist), I will let FFR know shortly. Once that happens we will start the process of getting steps put to the music and after a few months hopefully a file will be added to the game.

Once again I want to thank you for your permission and for taking the time to reply to my email.

In order to verify the authenticity of this email, would you be able to fill out the form at the following link to say that you do give permission for (artist / band/ song / album):
http://raskanally.webs.com/FFRForm.html

Thank you!

Sincerely,

(your name)
4e. A record label replies saying no.
Be polite still:
Quote:
Dear (record label / or person's name if someone personally emailed you)

I understand your reasons for not allowing permission but want to thank you for replying to my email.

I wish you and all of your artists the best of luck in the future.

Sincerely,

(your name)
4f. A record label doesn't reply.
This is probably the most likely case as most record labels are gay like that. If anything, you should still try to send a follow-up email:
Quote:
Dear (record label)

I am writing to you again with regards to the email I sent you on (date) about permission for (song / album / artist) to be used in our free online rhythm game at www.flashflashrevolution.com.

I understand that you must be very busy but if I could just have a moment of your time then I would really appreciate a reply to that email. Even if the email is only to say why you can or cannot give permission, that in itself would be enough.

Thanks again for your time and I hope to hear a reply shortly.

Sincerely,

(your name)
5. Let FFR Know

If you obtained permission from the artist, be sure to let us know and provide your proof here:

The large majority of this goes to TheRapingDragon, from his 2008 sticky haha. I updated some info, added a few things, fixed some grammar/sentence structure, etc. Almost all of this was his though.

I think this needs to be accessible, so people are sensible about obtaining permission for song use if they are new to it. I don't think that TheRapingDragon's thread is stickied anymore, and it's long lost.

Last edited by justin_ator; 12-21-2011 at 11:19 PM..
Old 12-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #520
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

Aliceffekt: http://wiki.xxiivv.com/Aliceffekt (permissions not defined)

Can put this under blanket permissions, Devine Lu Linvega is a friend of mine on fb and has allowed for any of his works available on his website to be used for stepping.

also: breakbitmusic.com in the OP is hyperlinked as http://www.rofltrax.com/ which isn't working atm?

Last edited by nois-or-e; 12-21-2011 at 11:03 PM..
Closed Thread