Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-4-2007, 07:56 PM   #41
Cindie
FFR Player

Default Re: Graduated Newbie Player

Yeah, i'm getting here a little late, but i want to mention that playing piano doesn't really do much, i play piano too.. it's hardly about your fingers, it's about watching the arrows and hitting the right button with the arrow lines up with the outline. Yeah, you do use your fingers to click the buttons when they line up but it isn't rocket science, the only way your "piano fingers" would help you is if you were moving your hands all over the keyboard not just on 4 different keys. I know that piano doesn't help me click 4 buttons repeatedly ..
Old 12-4-2007, 08:35 PM   #42
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

I think playing piano also helps with the stamina of the player though. Takes a lot of moving of the fingers, I'd imagine you wouldn't get pain in your wrists/forearm as much.
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2007, 09:14 PM   #43
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

Piano skills /=/ FFR skills

If what you're saying is true, I have to agree with gnr. You're complete bs.

:/
Old 12-4-2007, 09:23 PM   #44
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to sp1nzoK

Also first time playing you could hardly know your preferred playing rate. Seven on 1x? I'd play so bad if I tried that. If you'd screencut it would take a few tries to get it adjusted too.

that or your power level...

sp1nzoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2007, 09:44 PM   #45
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

Midday is not bs, Midday is an alt of someone or just someone who DID have background and lies about it to look like the fastest learning FFR'er in the world.

Also note how he began the game with a challenging AAA for his first song, quite an improvement from, say NEVER HAVING PLAYED, but his rate of improvement doesn't match that at all. 500 something tier points in 2 months of playing would be quite impressive normally, but given the fact that you are CLEARLY naturally amazing at FFR (an impossibility I might add), you should be improving much faster than you are.
Old 12-5-2007, 02:05 AM   #46
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

I think that was pretty obvious when "His first day" he happened to make a username that uses the -identical- naming style to several other users.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-2007, 03:38 AM   #47
PinoySkillz
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr61 View Post
I mean you IMMEDIATELY, without prior stimulation understood the games mechanics and had the pattern-recognition abilities of someone who had been playing for several years.
I don't normally get involved in these kinda things but, I must say, I was thinking the exact same thing.

FFR is not an innate ability in the way birds can fly or fish can swim. It takes time for your working-memory to recognize the arrow patterns and plenty of rehearsal to store those patterns in your long-term memory for retrieval later on. You don't just wake up one day and FC (let alone AAA) Seven.

510 tier points in 0.19 years? Attaining such a high skill level in that short amount of time requires a hippocampus that GREATLY exceeds typical human performance capabilities. If your hippocampus is truly that powerful, you shouldn't be wasting your time on FFR. You should be in med school assimilating text books to find cures for the world's diseases.
PinoySkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-2007, 02:17 PM   #48
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
I think that was pretty obvious when "His first day" he happened to make a username that uses the -identical- naming style to several other users.
He also several times claimed that he just randomly made that style thinking it was cool and coincidentally found that several other people had the same thing.
Old 12-5-2007, 02:25 PM   #49
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

I give up. Other Midday is right. There's no point in saying much anymore. The truth is the truth. You go make up your own.

"The tree made a sound regardless of who was there. Those who think it didn't must have the universe under their control."
-Charles Greene's (famous scientist in the field of physics concerning exotic matter) answer to the question, "Does the tree make a sound when nobody's there to witness it fall?"

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-2007, 02:26 PM   #50
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Except that scientifically, if you accept the definition of "sound" as requiring sound waves to be processed by some apparattus that can process them, if nothing is around to hear it, it does not make a sound.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-2007, 02:35 PM   #51
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Except that scientifically, if you accept the definition of "sound" as requiring sound waves to be processed by some apparattus that can process them, if nothing is around to hear it, it does not make a sound.
Ok, then does the tree transmit mechanical energy?
EDIT: Through vibrations.
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2007, 08:06 AM   #52
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

The truth is, you're an attention whore.
Old 12-6-2007, 08:28 AM   #53
Solomine Gray
Forum User

Quote:
The definition of a sound is transmitted vibration of any frequency, but let's not go too off-topic.... oh wait, we are already there.

As for Midday, congratulations and all that jazz. AAAing Seven on your 3rd or 1st game is physically impossible because music timing games like these have (albeit in theory) their own category of "motor reflexes" that must be built on. Like gnr said, it's physically impossible, by a fact known by any sensible human being. Nothing takes away from you being a good player, but claims like those generally take away from your reputation, rather than adding to it.

I don't have any problem admitting to a year in Stepmania. I have almost 250 AAAs now and I have been here for exactly one month; honestly, I don't think anybody will care if you admit the same, or similar.

EDIT: Also, humility is good.

Last edited by Solomine Gray; 12-6-2007 at 08:37 AM..
Solomine Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2007, 09:02 AM   #54
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX View Post
I started SM 2 weeks after I started FFR. FFR was the first online game I ever played. I'd rather think that it was my extensive piano history that helped me out. Another person is currently using this account (referred to as Other Midday like my profile's random thought says), but I invited him, because I knew he would be good too, and he is basically my only friend in reality. As for godly... hardboiledovaries used to say that a lot...
So you let someone else play on your account? How is that legal? If someone else is playing on your account, and getting you scores, shouldn't they all be wiped? As for the fact of you being good right away, I think your bs. Sorry, but playing piano doesn't just make you good at a game where the only similarities are that you use your fingers and have music. Being able to read music shouldn't help you read arrows. You can take hours to read the music, but the arrows are coming up the screen and you can't pause them to make sure you getting something right. I've damn well played this game for over 2 years and I wasn't even half as good as you until about half a year ago, and I played this, SM, and guitar hero. SM is a lot alike this game, guitar hero is alike in the sense that you have to read notes coming at you right away.
Old 12-6-2007, 09:08 AM   #55
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Post cause he's bs lololol.