Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2004, 03:01 AM   #101
Blondeybabe123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laharl
Sure, they are doing what I concieve to be a mistake or a sin, but no one is perfect.
Do you mean no one is perfect in your eye? Becuase somone who isn't perfect to you could be parfect to somone else.

*One man's trash is another man's treasure* (I dunno why I am putting this in here really.... it has nothing to do with this thread but I still feel like putting it in here)
Blondeybabe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:03 PM   #102
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

I quite literally mean no one is perfect.

You can't tell me you disagree with that, because you know I'm not lying.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:23 PM   #103
Anonymous
FFR Player

YA know what I think??? THese people who say things like, "you can be perfect if you think you are" are fools. (I am really not trying to offend anyone, but i probably did anyway) So most people agree that killing in cold blood is wrong. And that people who commit these hanious acts are a danger to society. Well, if you believe that good and evil are relative, then killing people is fine. In some people's eyes, killing people is morally OK, look at Charles Manson. BUt if you beliefe in relative truth, you have to accept his morality, and let him continue to kill people.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:46 AM   #104
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

I don't understand. Who says that thing about being perfect? People? I've never heard that. And are you saying it's all right to kill people?
Old 05-20-2004, 08:03 AM   #105
Jam930
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
What makes this country so great is the fact that you can believe in what you want. And anyone who doesnt believe that is ignorant.
we can also choose what not to believe.....and that makes us ignorant?

Some of the lyrics of a song my brother wrote.:
"We're all running around in twisted circles. Save yourself some time and find your eternal sleep."
Old 06-20-2004, 04:48 AM   #106
ChEeKyGaTo
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to ChEeKyGaTo

Im an Atheist, and i am intolerant of religion in general, nor religious people. Except when they try to preach at me then i get pissed of and and argue with them. I just cant see how someone could follow a religion... Maybe im just too logical?
ChEeKyGaTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:37 PM   #107
TheAppleEater
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TheAppleEater

The only reason im atheist is because im only 14 and i realive how blindly my friends have been raised. They go to churcn and learn all that stuff but they dont think about it. I dont think that religious people are bad people, the thing that bothers me is people that think that you have to be religious to be a good person. I believe that the bible is a book of morols not a book of stories meant to be believed. There was a joke about a boy who came home from sunday school and his father asked him what he learned, the boy tells him that moses had a crew of people that built a bridge for him to walk over. His did asked if thats really what they told him and the boy said "Well no but if I told you what they told me, you wouldn't believe me!"

And laharl i have nothing against mormons, they are really cool, actually. If i were religous, i would probably be mormon.
TheAppleEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:50 PM   #108
Jam930
FFR Player

Mormons rock, it's good for society, whether the religion itself is true or not.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:30 AM   #109
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via MSN to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via Yahoo to suicidalmuskrat

i don't know how much this exactly has been discussed, because i'm fairly new to the critical thinking thread, but i've always wondered about those who very liberal NO RELIGION IN SCHOOL people...our inauguration of the president has lots to do with God, "in God we trust" is on our dollar bills...i think there are other aspects of life these people could focus on, rather than praying in schools...don't have teachers pray to the class, but let the kids...i mean, i find the hold dollar bill and president thing fairly odd, seeing as our nation was founded with one the primary foundations being seperation of church and state...they were sick of the church influencing government so much, so they rebelled....i mean, the "one nation under God" part of the national anthem wasn't added for many years after it was written...i am a protestant, but i also believe in what this country stands for, and i just think people are latching onto the wrong things to nag about....
Old 06-30-2004, 01:28 AM   #110
Jam930
FFR Player

There are schools with and without set religions. Pick the one you want.

Quote:
i mean, i find the hold dollar bill and president thing fairly odd, seeing as our nation was founded with one the primary foundations being seperation of church and state...they were sick of the church influencing government so much, so they rebelled....
Weren't we just sick of british and being prosecuted for our beliefs?

America is about free religion. Believe what you want as long as it doesn't interfere.

Not sure here =/
Old 06-30-2004, 01:31 AM   #111
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

@ Cheeky Gato and The Apple Eater: Bumping long dead threads is an internet no-no. It tends to make the creatrs of such posts mad, especially when it goes against the things he/she tried to get out in the first post.

@ Suicidal Muskrat: Yeah, exactly. The separation of church and state was meant in such a way that religions wouldn't hold any sway over politics, as in, the leader of a church cannot go and run for office. Things like that. It isn't to say that religion is to not be alowed in public places at all.

I'm rather miffed that they took out school prayer time, and changed it to 30 seconds of silence. For the love of all that's good and holy, if kids want to say a quick prayer at school, LET THEM. If it's someone as high strung as, say, myself, it'd let them cool down a bit, and everyone is happy. If it's just someone trying to get attention, well, most likely, if it were allowed, more than one person would do it, and therefore, no one could really do it to simply get attention. Too many other people would. If anything, there'd probably be some kids that started to pretend to do it to fit in. Or something.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:55 AM   #112
TheAppleEater
FFR Player

Laharl I apologize, I am fairly new to forums.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:55 PM   #113
HeLGeN-X
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
I totally agree with you Laharl, about how retarded things are getting toward religion. It's like we can't accept anybody's beliefs about anything anymore. I'm atheist, so obviously I don't believe in it
Being athiest is somewhat a double negative. An athiest doesn't believe in religions right? But an athiest knows that, in their own opinion, there are gods of some sort, therefore they actually do believe in something. (At least that's what I heard from someone.)
the way I see it about athiest, they are almost religious too, they spend way too much time trying to not believe in religions, when infact athism almost a religion itself.
I'm just a full non-believer, I really don't believe in anything (other than ghost... I saw a lot of them.) Either way, we are all just flesh and blood, and when we die, we... die. Eternal darkness, the same as when you are sleeping, you don't know you are sleeping, exept you don't ever wake up.

www.takethebox.com - Me, and The Bad One Andy\'s Music site.
http://www.muzie.co.jp/cgi-bin/artist.cgi?id=a022023 - To my Japanese site
HeLGeN-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:00 PM   #114
Chrissi
FFR Player

I don't mean to insult you, HeLGeN-X, but that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

An atheist is a person who does NOT believe that ANY gods exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLGeN-X
But an athiest knows that, in their own opinion, there are gods of some sort, therefore they actually do believe in something.
What does that mean? "in their own opinion"... in an atheist's opinion, no gods exist at all. The DEFINITION of atheism is the non-belief of any gods at all. So what are you talking about?

I think I might've replied here before, but I'm agnostic, because I doubt there's a God, but there may be one or two or something. And if deity/deities exist, I'm not going to assume a thing about them, because they're GREATER than me. My small human brain will never comprehend God.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:06 PM   #115
HeLGeN-X
FFR Player

They are believers though, because they believe that there is no gods or whatever, don't you understand that? And someone else told me.... actually a lot of people say that all the time.
You say you are agnostic.... you doubt there's gods, but yet you say there might be one or two?... okay.... Someone is confused here.

Old 06-30-2004, 05:13 PM   #116
Chrissi
FFR Player

Atheist does not mean lack of beliefs.
Atheist means LACK OF BELIEF IN GOD(S).

Therefore atheists are... atheists. Duh.

You have to learn what agnostic means before you start telling me I'm confused. religioustolerance.org is an awesome website. Go there and read it, then come back. Basically agnostic means "doesn't care" or "doesn't have an opinion" or "hasn't decided yet".

I'm not confused; I've made up my mind that there may or may not be a God - that it would be illogical to assume one way or the other.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:09 PM   #117
HeLGeN-X
FFR Player

I didn't say YOU were confused, I said someone is confused :P

Old 06-30-2004, 08:06 PM   #118
Chrissi
FFR Player

Then who is that?
Old 06-30-2004, 09:33 PM   #119
TheAppleEater
FFR Player

Quote:
You say you are agnostic.... you doubt there's gods, but yet you say there might be one or two?
She said ther may or may not be a god. Not that she doubts there is a god... Do a little research before you challenge another religion.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:39 PM   #120
Chrissi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi
I think I might've replied here before, but I'm agnostic, because I doubt there's a God, but there may be one or two or something.
That means that I lean toward the atheist side but am still an agnostic.