Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2004, 06:07 PM   #21
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx

That's a little harsh i think, but yeah, i do fear what's gonna happen when all the baby boomers are gone. I 'm not thinking its going to be all out chaos, but it's gonna be a different world, that's for sure.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:17 PM   #22
DracIV
FFR Player

Americans are violent because we just are. It is part of our culture. This BS is annoying me about Canada. None of the perfect image you guys are trying to show is true (I'm Canadian also). I say America should invade Canada to shut you guys up (jk).

Everything already is chaos and won't change anytime soon. While 85% of the population is busy keeping things together, us 15% are making things better and hopefully soon we will get enough power to really improve things. I laugh at thee, poor Canadian Targets: teeheeheeheeheeeehahahahamwahahahahahabwahahahahahehehehelol^^ (I couldn't figure out how I wanted to laugh)
DracIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 07:12 PM   #23
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

just say "lol"...lol
Well Canada has less violence than USA thats for sure. I think 165 murders with Firearms are commited each YEAR in Canada, while 11,147 (approximately) Firearms murder are commited in USA.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:50 AM   #24
themanwithsauce
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to themanwithsauce

Actually, canada is somewhat anti-violence when it comes to extreme violent gaems as of late. Soldier of Fortune 2 was banned from canada due to the fact that you could shoot peoples limbs off. And it sold a decent number here in the states so I think this says a little something about Canadians. And I too am Canadian in background(25%)
Old 05-11-2004, 08:15 PM   #25
stinkypoo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to stinkypoo Send a message via MSN to stinkypoo

well i play lots of driving games and i ACED my driving tests. If a driving game can help me do better at driving (kinda like practicing) then i think if ppl played a realstic shooting game they would want to try it out and be good at it (i dont think its a good thing when your good at killing people) so lets say i was playin grand theft auto and i killed some hooker and thought nothing of it. what if that were to happen in real life? not good. i do agree that some people are over the top about all this but im saying some games are influencial (did i spell that right) and some games are just games that have shooting like james bond or something, where you would never do that kind of shooting or reckless driving.
stinkypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 11:12 PM   #26
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by xObserveRx
Quote:
believe that Violent Media can cause violent tendencies if unchecked. It happens to stupid stupid children who cannot tell the difference between reality and fiction because their (#$%-for-brains parents dont know how to raise children because they are too busy being fucktards. So when their children commit violent acts the fucktards go:

Parent A: "Oh, gee, someone is dead now and it is all our fault because we failed to raise our children because be were too besu being fucktards"

Parent B: "Hey, why take the blame for our laziness and stupidity when we can blame violent media!"

Parent A: "OH! And we can sue them for millions!"

Parent B: "IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY! BLAME SOMEONE ELSE!"

Then they all hop in their SUV covered in "God Bless America" stickers that are partly torn because the whole american-pride fad died and they no longer wanted cheesy stickers on their 50,000 dollar SUV so they attempted to rip them off but it proved to be difficult so they gave up half way because doing things half assed is also the American way.
Damn, i love you American hating Americans! :P we need more of you on here, i'm tired of being the only person who says the country is going to (#$%. Come to Canada, you never see Canada hating Canadians, all you see is Canada hating Americans. LoL, we need some of you Americans to come to Canada, and be on the right side of these debates. Well not right side, but a different side. See if you'd be running your mouthes about issues like this in Canada, highly unlikely, but it'd be cool.

Too bad you guys never give that any thought, why? i don't know, i guess it might be that Americans believe Canada is a lesser country, if not, tell me why you'd never consider moving there, and if you gimme some BS weather reason, you're as stupid as parent A and parent B, and you don't need to talk anymore.
I love Canada...but I dont think I will ever live there do to the fact that my choice of career is more of a SoCal thing...or Japan.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 04:42 PM   #27
Fuman86
FFR Player

Actually there have been studies done on this sort of thing--they show that people who are exposed to this sort of thing more (killing, fighting, whatever) become less sensitive to it. Using someone else's GTA idea--if you're used to killing hookers on the street in GTA and do it over and over and over, you care less and less until you eventually get to the point where actually seeing something like that won't phase you as much as it would most "normal" people. Same with fighting games--people get to a point where kicking someone's a*s is just..natural. Like beating someone up for something trivial..like a disagreement.
At the same time...
the strength of people's ideals also plays a huge part in these things. It's exactly why the put the "mature" label on games--despite this research, if you're smart enough not to expose yourself to the stuff all the time and take it with a grain of salt, for lack of a better saying, you will tend to be Ok. This isn't to say that you can just assume you're "mature enough" and play whatever you want. Some people can see this stuff and it has absolutely no bearing on their behavior. Others do. It's a matter of maturity and strength of values. Some people just aren't ready for it. Those are the murderers,etc that people are talking about. These games are meant for the people "Mature" enough to be able to handle it without it altering their perception.
Fuman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:58 AM   #28
ringluver
FFR Player

I had to write a friggin essay on this topic at least 2 pages over 500 words

in other words it sucked

I LIKE YOU

when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
ringluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:09 AM   #29
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Wow, you must be in grade 8. For most of us, a 4000 word essay is standard.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:09 AM   #30
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

I got to write two english essays on video games and violence. It was totally sweet. I even let my friend jack one of my papers, modify it, and turn it in for his class which then sent it off to Joe Lieberman. I though that was kinda funny.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:14 AM   #31
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

There are so many better topics to post in. Come on.