Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Benguin's Tweet-&-Treat Christmas Spon-Con!

Benguin's Tweet-&Treat!

That's right! Tis the season for giving so I have an array of typical and non-typical prizes for you to win! Why is it called Tweet-&-Treat? Read on to find out!

How to Enter:
Penguins are birds and birds go tweet, so that's exactly what you are going to do! To enter, post a message of no more than 140 characters (just like a tweet on Twitter). Your tweet should answer the question: "Why do you deserve to win?" Doing so makes you eligible for two types of prizes (i.e. treats!):

Type 1: Objective Prizes
These prizes are won objectively. I will use a random number generator to generate a real number between 0 and 1; let us call this the winning number. Then I will devise a formula that takes your message and turns it into a number between 0 and 1; let's call this the user's number. The winners are determined by the difference between the winning number and each person's user number; if you have the smallest difference, you win. In the event of a tie, the person that posted earlier "beats" the other person. The formula will not be released until after the spon con is over.

Type 2: Subjective Prizes
These prizes are won subjectively. Basically, I will judge the content of your tweet and how well it answers the question
"Why do you deserve to win?" Anything is fair game, including appeal to your rapport with me, appeal to logic, saying why other people don't deserve to win, writing a poem, posting a link (a url shortening service might come in handy), whatever...hopefully some of you manage to be creative

Prizes:

For each respective category, the first place winner gets to choose the prize they want first, then the second place winner gets to choose from the remaining items, then the third place winner gets to choose from the remaining items, etc
Type 1: Objective Prizes
-a 1000 credit prize
-a 5000 credit prize
-a 10000 credit prize
-a 50000 credit prize
-a 100000 credit prize
-3 Sketch Frenzies (you tell me what to draw (can be detailed as you like) and I will attempt to draw it in 60 seconds; I will then send you the picture)
-2 Christmas-Sing-Alongs (you choose a Christmas related song (choose either in English (with or without lyrics) or in Spanish/Japanese (with lyrics) and I will sing it. Limited to songs under 5 minutes. I have the right to use slow-down if the song is in Spanish/Japanese and it is too fast for me)

Type 2: Subjective Prizes
-one profile with a theme of your choice
-I will write a short narrative (around 5-7 pages doubled spaced 12pt Times New Roman) with you as the main character with a theme of your choice

Deadline to Enter:
December 25th, 2013, 11:59:59PM Server Time
Note: Prize distributions may or may not be immediately after the deadline is over due to family gatherings I may be attending. Your patience is greatly appreciated. <3

Donations:
Donations are greatly appreciated (^)> Both credit donations or other types of donations (similar to the other prizes above) are acceptable. If you donate credits, please tell me how you would like the prizes to work (e.g. if you donate 100,000 credits, would you want there to be one 100,000 prize or two 50,000 prizes?). Credit prizes must be a minimum of 500 credits.

Questions/Comments/Suggestions:
Post 'em in this thread or shoot me a PM over FFR or Skype (reuben2011).

~Merry Christmas FFR!
(^)>

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

Last edited by reuben_tate; 12-24-2013 at 06:00 PM..
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote