Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
don3sims
FFR Player

Default old power vs the new power rangers

I think that the old power rangers are better why because they look better and the action is better. so come on people tell me what ya think.
don3sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:05 AM   #2
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: old power vs the new power rangers

old power rangers

really i mean why bother asking?
Old 07-11-2008, 02:54 AM   #3
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Old. Old. Old. It's not worth watching anything new. It's not really worth watching anything old either... But still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 AM   #4
Raveren
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raveren

Any single person you ask who isn't a 4 year old victim of poor childrens television will tell you the old were better, no exceptions.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
RB_IcePh0enix
FFR Player

We're a bunch of nostalgic teenagers. It's a pretty obvious answer.
RB_IcePh0enix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
Cloud0005
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Cloud0005 Send a message via MSN to Cloud0005

old is waaaaaaaaaaaay better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigly View Post
SHUT UP GUYZ HE HAS PROBLEMS!!!!!!

DIDN'T YOU READ HIS NAME??? HE CRIES AT NIGHT!!!!!

YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!

=o
Cloud0005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB_IcePh0enix View Post
So true. I choose the old ones.

funmonkey54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

Old.
'Nuff said.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:24 AM   #9
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

The answer is clear, gotta love the 90's.
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #10
DDRcrazy5
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to DDRcrazy5

THE OLD. They were the best. I remember that I still had all the action figures.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:09 AM   #11
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by don3sims View Post
I think that the old power rangers are better why because they look better and the action is better. so come on people tell me what ya think.
Actually, I think you should watch some of the new episodes. The action is on a much higher level. I would have loved to see how the classic episodes would be made if they were made in the style of the current ones. The fights would be more impressive overall, and the special effects would look a lot better.

The only problem with the show now is the fact that they change it every season. The continuity is too loose to even care. Even when they brought back Tommy as the mentor on Dino Thunder, it was hard to care that he had such a rich history, because it really wasn't even relevant at that point.

The old episodes only win from a nostalgic and over-arcing continuity point of view. The new ones are simply of a higher quality due to the way technology has advanced since then, or potentially from more money being invested into the show (I still can't believe how cheap the show looked, even when it was a huge hit).

And by the way, for all you jerkoffs saying old is so much better: none of you know what I know, none of you have seen as much as I've seen. The new shows are made to a technically higher standard. I would bet that the majority of you haven't even seen any new episodes. For folks saying the new ones aren't good, check this out:

The episode "Once a Ranger" from Operation Overdrive. I thought it would be appropriate to bring it up because it features Adam, the Black Ranger from MMPR (he replaced Zack in the 2nd season). The episode also features Tori (Ninja Storm, Blue), Kira (Dino Thunder, Yellow), Bridge (SPD, Red in this episode), and Xander (Mystic Force, Green). To set up the clip: Adam and the others have been called in to help when Rita and Zedd's son has appeared and stripped the current team (Operation Overdrive) of their ability to morph. Adam brings everyone to Angel Grove to pick up Alpha, so that Alpha can reconnect the Operation Overdrive rangers to the morphing grid. A fight ensues...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w2wsmX5HJM&hl=en

It's a great episode overall, with a nice smattering of some of the best teams so far (MMPR, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, and although I didn't watch a lot of Mystic Force or SPD, what I saw of them were good as well).

ps if you're curious about the incongruity of me saying there is poor over-arcing continuity, then cite an episode with heavy and deep continuity, notice that the only episodes which tend to callback like that are the teamups. Seems that they do at least one per season, and usually simply involve teaming up with one of the more recent, yet retired teams. "Once a Ranger" is unique because it was made in honor of the 15 year anniversary. "Forever Red" is also worthy of notice as being different from things, and it is also worth checking out for any fan of the series from MMPR through Wild Force, even fans who dropped out around Zeo, Turbo, or In Space should be able to appreciate it, even despite it's cop-out ending.

pps for bonus nerdgasm, check out: (specifically, the part with MMPR Black Ranger) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zSCH...eature=related Actually, if you feel up to it, check out the entire episode, because it really is an interesting watch.

pppppppppppppppppppps
Quote:
Power Rangers started in '93. The "old episodes" cut out by '96, but one could easily argue the era was drawing to a close before then even. Someone would need be roughly at least ~4 years old to truly appreciate Power Rangers AT ALL, and this would mean they would need to be born in 1989~90 at the latest, to be of an age who could appreciate the classic episodes during their original run. Anyone born in 1989~90 would be 18~19 now, not exactly within the normal grouping of "teenagers" (don't get technical on me and say "it has 'teen' in it, therefore, 'TEENAGERS'", because it is common practice to not consider one who is legally an adult a teenager). Hell, the original team of "teenagers with attitude" were all sophomores in high school I believe, which would lead one to believe that they were around 15 years old, give or take a little.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #12
demonllama6124
im your grandpa!!!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to demonllama6124 Send a message via Yahoo to demonllama6124

afrobean ftw.

some of the newer stuff isnt that bad actually. i love watching Power Rangers Generation every now and then just to see what season they are doing
Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh_girl View Post
OP, WTFBrandon & demonllama6124

Only Men here with Manly Man hairy legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
leonid, please shut the fuck up before I make you.
Help decide which game I should play next. Trying to beat all my games
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...47#post4489647
demonllama6124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:09 AM   #13
OldSchoolMusic
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The fact that I honestly believe that the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers theme is the best guitar theme ever written/made for a show should say something. =D

Yay for the guitar solo and the old!

Jescze Polska Nie Zginela...Poki My Zyjemy!

We will fly through the Heavens, with the power of the Universe we stand strong together!

OldSchoolMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #14
RB_IcePh0enix
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
You sure have a lot of time on your hands .
RB_IcePh0enix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #15
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Thread winner: Afrobean.

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers was the only PR series I ever got into. Maybe because of my older siblings or because of me being a guy and action being awesome. Either way, I've seen some of that series, the movie from that series (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie) and some of the newer shows.

Not that I'm a conformist of sorts but I do have to say that I likethe older gen. series more than those of the newer gen. Why? Mainly because I actually got into the character build-up and understood the plot of the bad guys in MMPR. These newer ones, unless you catch the begining episodes, are somewhat hard to follow. Go ahead and argue the fact that it's always 1) Evil sends bad guys 2) Power Rangers morph 3) Bad guy gets huge 4) Power Rangers use megazoid 5) Happy ending.

Now, to get to Afrobean's post in a bit more detail, or mostly just to agree with it. Bringing back Tommy (white ranger) from MMPR to Dino Thunder was an interesting choice. His role was small, I'm not sure if he ever assisted in the fighting, but it was nice to see that he wasn't forgotten. As for siting an episode, I'm not that big on Power Rangers. But, still, Afrobean, you seem to know your Power Rangers too well for the rest of us so the thread is yours.

Long live Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers! -o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:01 PM   #16
foxyroxy2693
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to foxyroxy2693

Both the old&new power rangers totally pwn. But I'd have to admit the older one is wayy better.
foxyroxy2693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #17
basicdrummerman
rusty old fart
Event Staff
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

dude the old ones are way better! then again it may have been that i was just young. eh whatever i hold my stand!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:34 AM   #18
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Mighty Morphin' was the only good season. The end. :3
Old 07-19-2008, 01:35 AM   #19
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicdrummerman View Post
dude the old ones are way better! then again it may have been that i was just young. eh whatever i hold my stand!
What I said is definitive. The old ones had better over arcing plots, the new ones have better action. There is no "way better" one, unless you're only looking at specifics. In general, they both have strengths and weaknesses, and there is no way to say that one is generally better than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFD View Post
Mighty Morphin' was the only good season. The end. :3
oops

Mighty Morphin' ran for 3 seasons. You may recall the three "sagas", the Dinozords, the Thunderzords, then the Ninja+Shogun zords.

ps you cant touch this hammer time
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:50 AM   #20
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrombean View Post
What I said is definitive. The old ones had better over arcing plots, the new ones have better action. There is no "way better" one, unless you're only looking at specifics. In general, they both have strengths and weaknesses, and there is no way to say that one is generally better than the other.

oops

Mighty Morphin' ran for 3 seasons. You may recall the three "sagas", the Dinozords, the Thunderzords, then the Ninja+Shogun zords.

ps you cant touch this hammer time

Well, out of them, it's about a tie between the Dinozords, and the Ninja/Shogun zords, because the movie was great. :3