Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Master TAnK Evans
FFR Player

Default Guild Wars...any players?

Hey! i just wanted to know if there are any fellow guild wars players at all out there? Please tell me all about your accoplishments, problems and whatnot. Maybe we can give each other some information about "Masters" "HM" or anything else we can think of.

May this forum get no Guild wars haters ( WOW players lol )

Master TAnK Evans,

P.S not all WoW players hate guild wars god bless the few ^_^ (if you beleive in that sory of thing...i don't but it's nice to say i guess..)

Last edited by Master TAnK Evans; 05-22-2008 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: Grammar and spelling
Master TAnK Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien
Default Re: Guild Wars...any players?

I used to play GW. I was always interested in the PvP more than the PvE, and with the declining support that PvP had been getting, combined with poor balance and mechanics decisions, I decided to quit.

I was core warrior for Error Seven Operators [Call] and later Professional Athletes [HGH] (a remake of the same guild). We were top ten for quite a while, top five for a short while. The name I played on was Cobalt Acumen.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
Master TAnK Evans
FFR Player

ah. well i guess that is understandable PvP is pretty fun, I really get a kick out of sunspear arena lol fun stuff.

But you quit eh...thats a shame well hopefully someday you will give it another go...for me is kinda sucks because my computer was basically given to my mom so i can't play because i left it with her at the house (i moved out) BUT she is going to pay me like 650 dollars and with my job I'll just buy a newer better one ^_^ so until that time comes i am all guild wars...less
Old 05-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
Master TAnK Evans
FFR Player

AH i just notice i repeted myself...oh well
Old 05-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

It's a beautiful game, but the game play just gets old IMO. The PvP I didn't like at all. Probably because I'm use to the fast pace dueling on D2. GW is a great free to play online RPG though.
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #6
YoshiSlayer
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshiSlayer

I used to play GW a lot actually. but once you beat the storyline and collected everything in the game (which once you think about it isnt really a lot) it just got old. PvP held my interest for awhile but as someone stated before...it was unbalanced. I had almost every class with full FOW armor and once you have that then what? I havent played EOTN yet but i most likely will not

I currently play WoW because of how massive it is...Have a lvl 70 Spriest in full epics. lvl 65 rogue...all pvp right now...just need to lvl it more. and a lvl 65 hunter...also will be for pvp. I am more drawn to WoW because there is just so much more to do and it actually takes quite a bit of time to reap the major benefits of the game...although benefits can be obtained with casual play. there is the 15$ a month fee but that really isnt a problem...you could pick up 50 cents off the ground a day easily to pay for it lol.

But i still respect everyone that plays GW, it is a great game and the no fee attracts a lot of people. Both WoW and GW have their pros and cons. WoW is the game for me, but GW might be the game for others.

Once GW2 comes out i will give that a try, but until then WoW is for me
YoshiSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:12 AM   #7
Master TAnK Evans
FFR Player

I appreciate the maturity of this forum so far ^_^ very nice. even though so far most of you are playing WoW now lol. oh well no bashing = Right on for me...thanks

Master TAnK Evans

P.S I talked to Trevor (person who sells computers near my area) and i can get a pretty good deal for 1200 dollars.....this makes me happy I'll be able to save that much in at least 1 or 2 months ^_^ hurrah)
Old 05-24-2008, 01:18 AM   #8
Master TAnK Evans
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
It's a beautiful game, but the game play just gets old IMO. The PvP I didn't like at all. Probably because I'm use to the fast pace dueling on D2. GW is a great free to play online RPG though.
it is beautiful. just a quick question... I am not sure what IMO means

and D2 was hilarious just get a smite paladin and torch, anni charm. and just smite people.....sheilds are so deadly lol...helped me kill ubers and players...was really silly ^_^ but fun

Master TAnK Evans

P.S Lastwish FTW
Old 05-24-2008, 01:30 AM   #9
ninjafury
Liquidsmooth
FFR Veteran

Hmm... I used to play this quite a lot. I had a level 20 Warrior, Monk (this was my best character), Mage (2nd Best probably), and a Ranger. I started playing the expansion pack and eventually stopped because most of my friends stopped playing after a while.

If I am ever on I'll probably post more in this thread but I highly doubt it.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #10
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

IMO = in my opinion
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #11
Master TAnK Evans
FFR Player

ah in my opinion . well right on then. Yeah a I jeard warrior monks can be pretty good. vigorous spirit FTW?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #12
SSCUJO
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to SSCUJO

i used to play uncontrollably, i stopped about 2 years ago, my account is still there, i have 3 or 4 Crystilline swords that are max gold with low reqs, i think a couple of them were tyrian. i was pretty high lvl in pvp i think it was 11 or 12. i was part of guilds like spearman, and team everfrost (if i remember correctly) when they won the championship although i wasn't one of the 8 they used during the championship.

i did alot in that game, but i decided to stop. it was jsut to much.
SSCUJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #13
xinpig
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to xinpig Send a message via Skype™ to xinpig

i play. I am very addicted. got to level 5 in the first day. :P

PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:58 PM   #14
CrashJet555
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to CrashJet555 Send a message via MSN to CrashJet555 Send a message via Yahoo to CrashJet555

Having played Guild Wars and gotten my character to level 5, and then playing WoW a little while later, I would say that WoW is much better. It has an infinitely more develped culture and storyline, and the expansions are truly worth buying. Also, the gameplay and spellcasting is fairly similar, except for the point-move/ arrow-move. The action bars on the bottom of the screen is the exact same format, making me wonder if someone copied someone.
Here is a list of what I consider to be the pros/ cons of each game.

Player Interaction: World of Warcraft
-In WoW, the whole world is an open area where you can meet up with other players at any time. In GW, the whole world is solo play except for the towns. You are also given an "Area Chat" where you can talk to everyone that is in the same area as you. Guild Wars is much more chaotic, and you can only quest with other players if they join your group and leave the town with you. Despite the Horde/ Alliance no-communication division in WoW, I still think it wins this category.

Storyline, Lore, History, and so forth: World of Warcraft
-I think WoW wins this category for obvious reasons. A main one is of course the diversity and background in each of the different choosable races. Being a fan and player of each Warcraft and Starcraft game since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, I can tell you that the world of Azeroth is so rich and involved that it would be hard to beat.

Player Interest/ Indentification: World of Warcraft
-For other reasons, you really must play and find a Race and Class combination that works for you. Once you do this, you truly identify with your character and it is that much more fun.

Character Customization: Guild Wars
-This could possibly be a downside. In what I played of GW, I noticed that the classes were very flexible in what you had to choose. This was actually one of the reasons that I dislike GW, but I can still see how others might enjoy this. Also, the WoW character creation screen is not that much more involved than the GW character creation screen.

Beginning level walkthrough/ Teaching how to play: World of Warcraft
-Although this was a close one, I felt in Guild Wars like as soon as I got to a fairly low level, I was released and not shown where to go next. The quests seemed to send me all over the place with no clear next destination.

Map/ Direction: World of Warcraft
-The quests sent you just where you need to go, and addons made this even easier to locate the correct position you needed to be. In Guild Wars, I felt like there were expert areas right near the beginner locations that you could fall into if you weren't careful. The WoW directions were much simpler and that much easier to follow.

Roleplaying Capabilities: ?
-All I remember of GW regarding this category is that I saw several characters dancing. I know that WoW has an extensive system of emotes and RP actions, but I am not in a position to judge those of GW.

Tech Support: World of Warcraft (Blizzard)
-GW tech support that I recieved was the usual unhelpful mediocre aid that you normally recieve. I think I ended up having to fix the problem myself that time. From WoW on the other hand, the service I recieved was exceptional. I fixed the problem within 30 minutes.

Player Community: World of Warcraft
-Due to each realm being separate, and being even further dividedin half into factions, causes an overwhelming sense of a community within each of these divisions. You can always identify with, and possibly befriend, anyone who plays on your Realm and is in your faction. This is because you are bound together from these connections.

There are more categories which I will edit in later, but for now my fingers are cramping.
Hope you enjoyed my commentary, even if I do have a bit of WoW bias.

"Parents always told me
That I could be
Anyone I wanted to
So I became me"

Last edited by CrashJet555; 05-26-2008 at 10:01 PM..
CrashJet555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #15
Master TAnK Evans
FFR Player

which campaign of GW did you all play? (I did enjoy the commentary it was plenty to read hurrah for reading) level 5 in one day...you mean 2 hours right...WAIT! which game? in nightfall i can get a level 11 in 2-3 hours
Old 05-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #16
inflames07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to inflames07

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashJet555 View Post
Having played Guild Wars and gotten my character to level 5, and then playing WoW a little while later, I would say that WoW is much better. It has an infinitely more develped culture and storyline, and the expansions are truly worth buying. Also, the gameplay and spellcasting is fairly similar, except for the point-move/ arrow-move. The action bars on the bottom of the screen is the exact same format, making me wonder if someone copied someone.
Here is a list of what I consider to be the pros/ cons of each game.

-In WoW, the whole world is an open area where you can meet up with other players at any time. In GW, the whole world is solo play except for the towns. You are also given an "Area Chat" where you can talk to everyone that is in the same area as you. Guild Wars is much more chaotic, and you can only quest with other players if they join your group and leave the town with you. Despite the Horde/ Alliance no-communication division in WoW, I still think it wins this category.

-I think WoW wins this category for obvious reasons. A main one is of course the diversity and background in each of the different choosable races. Being a fan and player of each Warcraft and Starcraft game since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, I can tell you that the world of Azeroth is so rich and involved that it would be hard to beat.

-For other reasons, you really must play and find a Race and Class combination that works for you. Once you do this, you truly identify with your character and it is that much more fun.

-This could possibly be a downside. In what I played of GW, I noticed that the classes were very flexible in what you had to choose. This was actually one of the reasons that I dislike GW, but I can still see how others might enjoy this. Also, the WoW character creation screen is not that much more involved than the GW character creation screen.

-Although this was a close one, I felt in Guild Wars like as soon as I got to a fairly low level, I was released and not shown where to go next. The quests seemed to send me all over the place with no clear next destination.

-The quests sent you just where you need to go, and addons made this even easier to locate the correct position you needed to be. In Guild Wars, I felt like there were expert areas right near the beginner locations that you could fall into if you weren't careful. The WoW directions were much simpler and that much easier to follow.

-All I remember of GW regarding this category is that I saw several characters dancing. I know that WoW has an extensive system of emotes and RP actions, but I am not in a position to judge those of GW.

-GW tech support that I recieved was the usual unhelpful mediocre aid that you normally recieve. I think I ended up having to fix the problem myself that time. From WoW on the other hand, the service I recieved was exceptional. I fixed the problem within 30 minutes.

-Due to each realm being separate, and being even further dividedin half into factions, causes an overwhelming sense of a community within each of these divisions. You can always identify with, and possibly befriend, anyone who plays on your Realm and is in your faction. This is because you are bound together from these connections.

There are more categories which I will edit in later, but for now my fingers are cramping.
Hope you enjoyed my commentary, even if I do have a bit of WoW bias.
You made a judgement like that after only getting to level 5? Wow.

Quote:
5 million players, one server. Enough said. You can communicate and meet thousands of players instantly with guild wars without having to travel and walk long distances for a handful of people. Might I add that there is no subscription?

Quote:
4 games, LUXON AND KURZACK in factions. You based your conclusion off of playing an hour of the game. Guild Wars has more content than almost every MMO I've ever played. And not half assed content like WoW. There is also a lot of lore in guild wars as well, obviously something you wont learn much about if you only play till level 5 in one of the four games.

Quote:
Action bar
There's an action bar in every MMORPG.

Quote:
Can't really compare this since every game is different. Whatever game style floats your boat I guess. Both games equally offer classes of each type. However Guildwars lacks "races".

Quote:
Both games have crappy character customization.

Quote:
Guild Wars shows you EXACTLY where to go all the time. Maybe you're just not smart enough to your map or something. Also every game has a newb island/area. You probably didn't even leave the new player zone before you made your assumptions.

Quote:
You don't even need add ons with guild wars. Everything you need to know is given to you in the game.
Quote:
Guild Wars has just as many emotes.

Quote:
I've NEVER had an in game problem with Guild Wars. The game is practically bug free. Plus the in-game store is bad ass. I bought all of my expansions through it. And if you ever need help with anything, you simply type /wiki (insert topic) and POOF, instant answers.

Quote:
Like I said, everyone plays together. No servers separating the population.

I've played both WoW and GW. The only thing WoW really beats GWs at is that you can randomly meet up with people across the map and there is more adventure. The instances in Guildwars gets boring, but effectively eliminates bot-farmers, killstealers, etc. Also Once you beat Guildwars, there isn't much left to do afterwards besides farming for nice items. But that gets old.

Also, this thread is about people who play guild wars. Go lurk in the WoW thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird View Post
Sex kills time and it's free.

Instead of taking her out to a movie and buying her popcorn, bend her over the arm of a couch. It's very economical. Just make sure you are using the proper protection, because then it can become VERY, VERY GOD DAMN UNECONOMICAL if she pops a baby 9 months down the road.
inflames07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:34 AM   #17
YoshiSlayer
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflames07 View Post
You made a judgement like that after only getting to level 5? Wow.

4 games, LUXON AND KURZACK in factions. You based your conclusion off of playing an hour of the game. Guild Wars has more content than almost every MMO I've ever played. And not half assed content like WoW. There is also a lot of lore in guild wars as well, obviously something you wont learn much about if you only play till level 5 in one of the four games.

You arent very accurate with your statement there buddy. True GW has the Luxon and Kurzack factions but they are no where near the deapth of the WoW story line. WoW, although it may seem like it is, isnt a stand-alone game. Before WoW there was Warcraft 1, 2 and 3, and the frozen throne expansion. All of which have been buidling upon the story of Warcraft. And now that WoW came out they continued and also brought back the story line of those previous said 4 games. So there is no possible way you can say WoW has "half asses content." If one would actually take a step back and actually realize what was going on, then they would see that there is in fact... A Story To The Game. So before you go posting anymore false information, actually play the game, watch the introduction movies (which give a small part, a beginning if you will, to the story. a beginning to one side of the story.) and if you made one character of every race then you would see that each race has a different story but they all blend into each other. Even the semi-end dungeons continue the story of Warcraft (caverns of time, for instance) It partly explains why the horde are such bitter rivals against the alliance.

So, i again am saying, dont post false information unless you truly know what you are talking about, which in this case...you dont know what you are talking about.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #18
inflames07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to inflames07

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshiSlayer View Post
You arent very accurate with your statement there buddy. True GW has the Luxon and Kurzack factions but they are no where near the deapth of the WoW story line. WoW, although it may seem like it is, isnt a stand-alone game. Before WoW there was Warcraft 1, 2 and 3, and the frozen throne expansion. All of which have been buidling upon the story of Warcraft. And now that WoW came out they continued and also brought back the story line of those previous said 4 games. So there is no possible way you can say WoW has "half asses content." If one would actually take a step back and actually realize what was going on, then they would see that there is in fact... A Story To The Game. So before you go posting anymore false information, actually play the game, watch the introduction movies (which give a small part, a beginning if you will, to the story. a beginning to one side of the story.) and if you made one character of every race then you would see that each race has a different story but they all blend into each other. Even the semi-end dungeons continue the story of Warcraft (caverns of time, for instance) It partly explains why the horde are such bitter rivals against the alliance.

So, i again am saying, dont post false information unless you truly know what you are talking about, which in this case...you dont know what you are talking about.
Learn to read full posts. The closest thing I found as a storyline was when I played the expansion as a Draenei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird View Post
Sex kills time and it's free.

Instead of taking her out to a movie and buying her popcorn, bend her over the arm of a couch. It's very economical. Just make sure you are using the proper protection, because then it can become VERY, VERY GOD DAMN UNECONOMICAL if she pops a baby 9 months down the road.

Last edited by inflames07; 05-27-2008 at 09:14 AM..
inflames07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #19
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Personally, I pretty much do not like GW or WoW.
I didn't like GW because it was too short and easy.
I didn't like WoW because there basically is no low level content whatsoever and the community is so ****ing terrible that it made me want to stop playing.

Also, I never really liked fantasy anything.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #20
YoshiSlayer
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Ok enough bashing now haha.

I have a question about GW though. How is the newest expansion to the game?
I was thinking about picking it up fairly soon but then i heard someone say that GW2 was coming out later this year before WoW: The Wrath of the Lich King.

So should i get the newest GW expansion, wait for GW2, or just continue playing WoW?