Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SithCait22
Default Requiem : Bloodymare

*TAKEN FROM THE SITE*

Set in the world of Ethegia, players take on the role of the Temperions, beings created through genetic engineering and arcane rites to engage in bloody combat with the walking nightmares stalking the land.

Using the Havok engine, Requiem: Bloodymare brings to life a visually stunning realm where fallout from generations of scientific and mystical warfare has polluted the natural world and given birth to horribly mutated monsters. The battles between players and these grotesque creatures are rendered with intense sequences of bloody and gory graphics.

We've dedicated more than four years of intense development to be sure Requiem: Bloodymare really brings something unique in the MMO market. Jay Choi, Vice President, Gravity Interactive, said. We very consciously decided when we started the project that we wanted to diversify our offering to include much more than the cute, anime inspired gameplay of our previous hits. Requiem isn't a game for kids; this is for mature players that are looking for hardcore content that conjures up their deepest nightmares and fears.

Requiem: Bloodymare also brings several game mechanics that set it apart from the rest of the MMO market. The time of day will be an extremely important factor for players under the Nightmare System with incredibly powerful creatures awakening to terrorize the world at night. To defeat these challenges players will be able to draw upon the DNA System and the Beast Possession System. Players will use genetic engineering to modify their DNA to obtain characteristics and abilities nature never intended. The mystic arts will enable players to possess and transform into different bestial beings with extraordinary abilities.

Yea so this games extremely gory for an MMO. Its pretty nice looking too. The skills/classes are a bit different too. It comes out for everyone on friday, but for fileplanet subscribers its coming out today (tuesday) at 7 PM eastern.

Last edited by SithCait22; 02-26-2008 at 10:49 AM..
SithCait22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Requiem : Bloodymare

Characters / jobs

TURAN

Race: Turan

Job Name: Defender

Job Level: 1

Job Overview: Defense and Rapid Attacks

Characteristics: Defenders don't start with formidable strength and power, but they can overcome these drawbacks with constant training. These warriors are swift, and can use shields to enhance their defensive abilities.

Combat Style: Defenders mainly use One-Handed Weapons and Shields. Although they can also use Two-Handed Weapons, Defenders cannot master them at high levels. They cannot rely on critical attacks since they use light weapons, and attack by rapidly striking enemies at high speed.

Job Name: Templar

Job Overview: Combat Magician Adept at Physical Attacks and Healing Buffs

Characteristics: Templars are trained by the Xenon Order to use divine magic, and dispatched to help Ioxenic. Turans are
naturally adept at handling electric ions, so they can usually perform rapid attacks.

Combat Style: Templars use Staffs (short-range weapons) or Maces. They can cast healing and protective magic, but their
attack magic is weak.

Job Name: Commander

Job Level: 2

Job Overview: Leaders Adept at Swift Preemptive Strikes and Defense

Characteristics: Commanders lead the battle charge, swiftly striking and provoking the enemy. They have a strong sense of justice, but can be brutal on the battlefield. Their will to win is so strong that they can resist succumbing to
unconsciousness in a fight. Commanders specialize in encouraging and supporting their party members to maximize their combat
potential.

Combat Style: Commanders quickly approach the enemy, strike first, and then quickly escape to minimize damage to themselves. They also have skills for pushing away enemies to delay the timing of their attacks and pursuing foes that are escaping.

Job Name: Protector

Job Overview: Specializes in Party Buffs and Healing

Characteristics: Protectors are excellent in protecting their parties, armed with combat skills and divine magic that will recover HP and offer protection from enemies for themselves and their party members.

Combat Style: Protectors have less attack power and HP compared to Commanders, but they can use potent magic to assist their allies on the battlefield.

Job Name: Tempest

Job Overview: Elec Class Magician Specializing in Wide Range Offense

Characteristics: Tempests specialize in magic attacks that are more destructive than divine magic. They can cast wide
range electric shock skills that can cause as much destruction as a typhoon, the Tempest's namesake.

Combat Style: Tempests equip Wands and use support magic to strengthen their magical combat abilities. They can inflict serious damage to many enemies within the wide range of their attacks.

Job Name: Radiant

Job Overview: Combat Magician Adept at Recovery, Defense, and Confusing Enemies

Characteristics: Radiants have mastered the magical knowledge of the Xenon Order, enabling them to wield powerful divine magic that can recover HP for their entire party. Although Radiants are Turans, their close range magic is comparable to Xenoas.

Combat Style: Radiants use Maces or Staffs to enhance their Physical Attack Strength, and can use magic for Attacks, Recovery, and Defense. They also have access to abilities that can incapacitate or compel enemies to fight for them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BARTUK

Race: Bartuk

Job Name: Warrior

Job Overview: High Attack Power and Strength

Characteristics: Warriors use their powerful strength to wield heavy Two-Handed Weapons to inflict tremendous damage to their enemies. Their combat speed is pretty slow due to their large size and heavy weight. Warriors are easily provoked by enemies, but their instincts can help them avoid most dangerous situations.

Combat Style: Warriors rarely equip Shields, preferring to focus on using Two-Handed Weapons to inflict as much damage as they can to their enemies. Their skills specialize in stunning, causing ranged damage, or just inflicting massive damage.

Job Name: Shaman

Job Overview: Combat Magician Adept at Physical Attacks and Fire Magic

Characteristics: Shamans are combat magicians that use Fire magic in conjunction with their short range attacks. Bartuks have natural aptitudes for fire magic, and use this advantage to enhance the might of their weapons.

Combat Style: Shamans rely on fire magic, but are also adept at handling short range weapons. They can cast buff magic that adds Fire damage to weapon attacks.

Job Name: Berserker

Job Overview: Superior Attacks with Critical Damage

Characteristics: Berserkers have greater strength than Warriors, and can enhance their attacks by harnessing their burning rage. A party of Berserkers is always considered a considerable threat.

Combat Style: Berserkers can inflict critical damage with Two-Handed Weapons fueled by their rage. However, this critical attack change decreases if the rage isn't properly controlled.

Job Name: Warlord

Job Overview: Excellent at Party Buffs

Characteristics: Warlords are trained to resist enemy provocation and support their allies on the battlefield. However, they are hampered by slow speed and weak long range skills.

Combat Style: Warloads use Two-Handed Weapons, but cannot inflict great damage like Warriors or Berserkers. Instead, they specialize in providing support.

Job Name: Forsaker

Job Overview: Mage Skilled in Physical Attacks, Recovery, and Property Magic Defense

Characteristics: Forsakers specialize in defense and recovery, contrary to the Bartuks' natural aptitudes for strength and offense. They combine primitive black arts and ionic science for a unique, hybrid fighting style. However, other Bartuks tend to view Forsakers as heretics.

Combat Style: Forsakers mainly rely on Fire class attacks, but can use the black arts to perform healing. Forsakers can also use magic to enhance resistance to Electric shocks.

Job Name: Mystic

Job Overview: Fire Class Magician Specializing in Offense

Characteristics: Mystics have gone beyond the black arts and fire magic of Shamans, and have mastered the ancient black magic of the Bartuks, enabling them to attack enemies with wide range fire magic.

Combat Style: Mystics mainly use skills that require Totems, casting black art skills and long range fire attacks.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kruxena

Race: Kruxena

Job Name: Rogue

Job Overview: Stealthy, Brutal Killer

Characteristics: Rogues specialize in speed and brutal attacks. They tend not to care about the suffering of their victims, and will even kill retreating enemies. Sometimes, their arrogance makes them vulnerable to distant attacks from enemies.

Combat Style: Rogues generally use Keen Claws and Dual Swords to swiftly strike enemies at short range, but they can also use long range weapons to strike escaping foes. They can use hiding skills to avoid detection from enemies and monsters.

Job Name: SoulHunter

Job Overview: Magically Curses and Weakens Enemies

Characteristics: Soul Hunters developed spiritual abilities to use vicious magic that exploit their enemies' psychological weaknesses. They specialize in cursing and weakening their foes, but are physically weak.

Combat Style: Soul Hunter use their curses for both both short and long distance attacks, and are adept at disrupting their enemies' spiritual stability. The curse property DOT attack constantly depletes the victim's HP, making him easy to defeat with a strong, finishing attack.

Job Name: ShadowRunner

Job Overview: Controls Minds and Adept at Poison Use

Characteristics: Shadow Runners have fearsome possession abilities that they can use control minds. They use deadly poison to
confuse their enemies and make them more susceptible to possession. They can use short and long range weapons, and can also break the concentration of magic casters to impede their spell casting.

Combat Style: Shadow Runners typically use long range weapons to keep enemies at a safe distance, and can slowly kill foes with the continuous damage of the DOT skill.

Job Name: Assassin

Job Overview: Swift, Stealthy User of Poison

Characteristics: Assassins always get their targets with their swift advances and quick movements. They can use various weapons, and are particularly skilled at using poison that can speedily inflict lethal damage. runs away losing moral. An Assassin's arrogance occasionally gives enemies an opening to attack him from a distance.

Combat Style: Assassins usually use dual weapons for short range combat and crossbows for long range combat. They are skilled at getting striking their enemies first, and pursuing them to finish them off. Their hiding skills can also be used to cause great damage to distracted enemies.

Job Name: Defiler

Job Overview: Disrupts and Controls Enemies

Characteristics: Defilers can control both the bodies and minds of their enemies. They use phantoms in conjunction with psychological exploitation to assume a great deal of control over their foes. Defilers can also absorb an enemy's HP to restore their own.

Combat Style: Defilers can disrupt and attack their enemies with their de-buff abilities and wide range DOT attacks. They can confuse and weaken multiple enemies at once.

Job Name: Dominator

Job Overview: Master of the Dead

Characteristics: Dominators can assert control over the dead: they can restore dead creatures to life, or summon netherworldly
beings to attack their enemies. They are also very skilled in curse magic.

Combat Style: Dominators generally summon monsters, and then cast buff magic to strengthen their minions. These minions are sent to the front lines of battle, and Dominators support them from a safe distance by de-buffing their enemies.

end

Last edited by SithCait22; 02-26-2008 at 10:46 AM..
Old 02-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You already know I'm going to be jumping on this. I'm going to use whichever character that is all about long range (If there is one >_>).

Last edited by macgravel; 02-26-2008 at 10:48 AM..
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I guess the closest thing so far is the mages the wide range attack.
I plan on playing the templar (healszomgwtf0rz)
Old 02-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithCait22 View Post

Job Name: ShadowRunner

Job Overview: Controls Minds and Adept at Poison Use

Characteristics: Shadow Runners have fearsome possession abilities that they can use control minds. They use deadly poison to
confuse their enemies and make them more susceptible to possession. They can use short and long range weapons, and can also break the concentration of magic casters to impede their spell casting.

Combat Style: Shadow Runners typically use long range weapons to keep enemies at a safe distance, and can slowly kill foes with the continuous damage of the DOT skill.
Yummy.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Hey wait

skill for assassin

Skill Name : Stealing Weapon
Skill Form : Active
Description: Approach a hidden enemy, and attempt to disarm it to reduce its Attack Power.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt

Yeah, I'm going to be a Rogue, then become a Shadow Runner.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #8
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

hmmm 3 hours till the keys are out oo
Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #9
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt

I have successfully downloaded it and registered my account with a beta key. I'll be hoping on it soon.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #10
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via MSN to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via Yahoo to LLaMaSaUceYup

Where do you get this?
xD
LLaMaSaUceYup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #11
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

Read the first post.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:12 AM   #12
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt

My stupid built in GFX card doesn't have Pixel Shader 2.0 or whatever, so everything is not visible, making it impossible to play past the training dungeon. I got to level 4, but won't be able to play until I can buy a good GFX card. Also, I'm playing on the Valdes server, just so you know.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:03 AM   #13
xjohnieboyx
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to xjohnieboyx Send a message via MSN to xjohnieboyx

is this worth it ? I've got a key. Gonna download it this weekend.

macgravel, would you say this is worth the wait ?
xjohnieboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:32 AM   #14
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt

I didn't really get to play it much, so I can't give you a 100% answer, but I thought it was fun from what I played.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #15
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

It is fun, the monsters get MUTILATED from the beginning. Its creepy too.
Old 03-2-2008, 11:11 AM   #16
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Which server are we going to be playing on?

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2008, 02:14 PM   #17
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt

Me and SithCait are on the Valdes server. I haven't been able to play since I played for the first 30 minutes. My new graphics card comes tomorrow, so that's when I'll start playing.
Old 03-3-2008, 03:09 PM   #18
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

The game is pretty much quest-based. From the beginning, you're running around either killing stuff or talking to people. One thing I should mention is that you can buy quest scrolls from a certain NPC in the first town. The game is a bit laggy, with the crazy amount of players, but the background and scenarios are nicely detailed.

There not much explanation, pretty much figure out everything yourself.
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2008, 06:35 PM   #19
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Yea...it is only in closed beta...dont expect it to be great just yet.
Old 03-3-2008, 09:49 PM   #20
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithCait22 View Post
Yea...it is only in closed beta...dont expect it to be great just yet.
I can understand that, I've played a few CB's myself.

I'm hoping they can smoothen the gameplay and actually offer something to worth playing for, not just the gore and skampy outfits.
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote