Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #1
g3nesis
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to g3nesis
Default Sure this has been talked about

I've played this game on and off for about 4 years, last month or so been playing alot more, 30-75 games a day.

Finally started figuring out a few things here and there to improve my game, I have no problem reading fasts songs but simply put my fingers don't move fast enough. I play one handed, at 1.50x on the arrow keys of my keyboard. My understanding is to actually be good at the masters/guru songs you have to two hand it, but I can't seem to re-train myself using two hands and despite there being a thousand threads about the best way to go from 1 hand to 2 hands would anyone who has recently done it what was the best way to for you to do it and what keys do you use now? I'm left handed so if any left handers could help out I would appreciate it!

Or you can just tell me that 1 handed is the best way to go I'll just keep trying
Old 02-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
EDEdDNEdDYFaN
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EDEdDNEdDYFaN
Default Re: Sure this has been talked about

Similarly to you, I played one handed for many years. But I have finally recently discovered the virtues of two hands (although I can still play fairly well with one). Two hand positions you may want to consider -

left down with your left hand, up and right with your right (My initial two hand setup)

left down with your left hand, eight and six on the numpad (My current setup, helps if you have a keyboard that doesn't accept hands/triples or your hands often get in the way of each other)

Hope this helps.

EDEdDNEdDYFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
mike2727
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDEdDNEdDYFaN View Post
Similarly to you, I played one handed for many years. But I have finally recently discovered the virtues of two hands (although I can still play fairly well with one). Two hand positions you may want to consider -

left down with your left hand, up and right with your right (My initial two hand setup)

left down with your left hand, eight and six on the numpad (My current setup, helps if you have a keyboard that doesn't accept hands/triples or your hands often get in the way of each other)

Hope this helps.

That's exactly what I was going to say. I am also left handed and it took me awhile to switch from one hand, to index, to spread. When I switched, I just practiced the easiest songs over and over again, until I mastered them. Then I moved on to harder songs. If you do that over time you will be good in no time =D I use as op by the way (ffr keymap)

Best FC's: Adult's Sketchbook, Turbulence, Hellbeat v1

Want a favourites category in FFR? If so, click
Here.
mike2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
darkness3608
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darkness3608 Send a message via MSN to darkness3608 Send a message via Yahoo to darkness3608

Ha I like one handedness but yeah soon im gonna be switching to two hands =( lol

4th place in jons FFR Polymath
5th place in Funmonkeys and kjwkjw's tourney
darkness3608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
Iggie Smallz
FFR Player

im working on switching to 2 hands, kind of hard because theres not much space on my laptop and im not a subscriber so i cant choose which keys i want to press.
Iggie Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
Shadowlessheart
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shadowlessheart

Well when I choose to switch I had a hard time but I for me...Breaking the Common was what taught me to get the jist of arrows. Also I do:

Down Arrow: Left Index.
Left Arrow: Left Middle
UA: RI
RA: RM

I know ppl who use their thumbs and middle fingers to play...so that's why I put that there. Anywho, good luck, just try mildly hard songs for a beginning 2 hander (as I recommended Breaking The Common) and see where it goes from there. Very sorry if I was of no help =X!
Shadowlessheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
Blue June
FFR Player

i use two hands. both index and middle fingers. it wasn't too difficult for me to switch from one hand. it was kinda a method i had to learn i couldn't play cash cow without getting pain in my one hand from it.
Blue June is offline   Reply With Quote