Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Forum Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-1-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
IAAW
FFR Player

Default Russian Roulette

Russian Roulette

Welcome to Russian Roulette, a game of life and death. The game should be self-explanatory; two participants use a revolver that contains one bullet. Each participant must shoot themselves with the revolver, hoping that the current chamber contains no bullet. There are six chambers; this means that there's a 1/6 chance that one unlucky person dies a painful, painful death. The winner goes on to live another day, while the loser has to go to the hospital. Here are the rules of Russian Roulette; the participants of each round plays it turn-based style; each participant will take turns shooting the revolver. In one turn, a participant may take three choices; shoot, chance, or bail.

Shooting
If the shoot action is chosen, the participant performs the shot. A participant may take up to two shots at one time; the participant will be able to choose whether he/she wants to take two shots or not. After performing this action, the turn moves over to the next participant.

Chancing
If the chance action is chosen, the participant will point the gun at the other participant, and attempt the shot, hoping that the current chamber contains the bullet. If the chance is successful, the chancing participant will automatically win the match, and gain double cash for the round (discussed later). If the chance is unsuccessful, the other participant wins, but walks off with only half the doubled cash. The chance action can only be performed after each participant has had one turn.

Bailing
If the bail action is chosen, the participant dashes off, or basically forfeits. The other participant will win the match; however, the prize money can only be recieved if both participants have had at least one turn with the revolver. The bailing participant will also lose $200 for forfeiting the match.

The winner will be the one who does not get shot. The winner recieves $100, while the loser loses that amount. Like said before, a successful chance will double the prize money, meaning that the winner would recieve $200. Also, the prize money multiplies for chained wins; basically, if you win three rounds in a row, the first round would get you $100, the second round would get you $200, and the third round would get you $400. The loss amount never increases. Chancing does not effect the increase rate; it only effects the prize amount for the current round. Bailing, however, DOES effect the amount lost in a round; so, if you're thinking about bailing in your winning streak, think twice before you do so. This explains the round portion of Russian Roulette. Oh, I almost forgot; the starting participant of a round will be the one who wins the coin toss. The coin toss is self-explanatory.

Now, I have been talking about cash. By cash, I mean a participant's score. Yes, there is a scoring feature in this game; winning a round increases your score by $100. I also will record your wins and losses; these will be displayed as W/L/B; W meaning for wins, L meaning for losses, and B meaning bails. Of course, all these features won't affect anything; unless, of course, Synth decides to adopt this game (which would never happen, IMO). Anyways, this is just something extra for participants; I guess it makes them special.

Although this is not neccessarily needed; participants may also bank their cash. Banked cash is safe from losses, and cannot be stolen. In the bank, you can both deposit, and withdraw cash. If a participant has cash in the bank, it will be listed (current cash amount/banked cash amount). Cash can only be banked if the participant is currently not participating in a round. This is the same with withdrawing cash. This explains cash, and the banking system; I may try and make up rewards, from which would cost some cash. This would influence the need to gain cash, and save it.

I believe that fully explains Russian Roulette. Now, all the rounds will need to go through me, first; basically, round requests will have to be PM'ed to me. In your request, list the person you are wanting to compete against, and choose whether this is a official or unofficial match. Official matches have the prize money, and the losses. Unofficial matches are basically friendly matches; no money is involved, and no money can be lost for losing/bailing the match. Finally, list the person you are wanting to compete against, your coin toss choice (if you choose heads, your opponent will "automatically" choose tails, and vice versa), and send your request to me. Seeing as I will be doing rounds one at a time, all round requests will be queued. The queue is limited to ten round requests at a time; if the queue is full, you can still request a round, but it will go into the reserve; in this case, your round may end up being done at any time, even if the queue isn't filled. Now, let me explain the rules of this thread; not the game, the thread.
  • Do not spam inside this thread. You may post comments about the game, but you may not post about anything else; basically, all posts in this thread MUST be on-topic. I don't mind if you post extra info, though, that's completely fine.
  • I, the host, will start, and end, all rounds. After a participant's turn, I will come in, and make the transition. This is so I can confirm whether the shots were empty, or contained the bullet. DO NOT try and make the transitions yourself; this may result in losing $500, and this cost may increase for multiple offenses.
  • Do not complain about your round taking too long to be done. I'm only one person; I can't do everything, you know. I will TRY and keep the thread updated as much as possible, but, if needed, I will get other people to help me out. These people, or the "trusted sources", will help with round recording, score keeping, bank keeping, and possibly, round transitions. However, a trusted source would have to be REALLY trustworthy to do the round transitions. If I ever get some trusted sources, they will be listed in this thread.
  • No racism, or sexual slurs.
  • During a round, participants may feel free to make comments about their turn, or reply to posts made to them. It does not have to be their turn to reply to posts. These posts may also be posted during the participant's turn, even if they forget to plop in their choice; they can just edit their post, anyway.
  • If your round is in the reserve, I will TRY to get to it as soon as possible. Like with queued matches, I am only one person, and can't keep this thread updated regularly. However, I will do my best; so, do not complain, and just be patient. Heck, some rounds may take a long time to complete, seeing as it takes cooperation from me, and the participants, to keep rounds going smoothly. I will try and run rounds when both participants are viewing the forums.
That's all I have to say. The following will be the scores, and the round queue/reserve. Enjoy the game, and have fun!

Current Round
rs2 vs. Biff_Tech (Round/Bet Pending)

Scores/Cash
rs2 [$0/$1000]
Biff_tech [$0/$1000]
gabgabo [$0/$1000]
rzr [$0/$1000]

Round Queue
1.)rzr vs. gabgabo (Round/Bet Pending)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

Round Reserve
--

People were not harmed in the creation, and participation, of this game. This game is not for gambling; offenders will be persecuted.

Last edited by IAAW; 12-7-2007 at 02:08 PM..
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Russian Roulette

lol interesting. Ok ill play
rsr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr2 View Post
lol interesting. Ok ill play
Well, at least TRY to. From the rate this thread has been going, it's probably best if it was locked.
Old 12-7-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
Biff_tech
so the 17 ate the 12 eh.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Biff_tech

Things take time dood. I'll join.

Sig by Darkmonkey AKA Clowd
Biff_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2007, 10:46 AM   #5
IAAW
FFR Player

Seeing as you two are the only current people willing to play, I'll team you up for your match together. Please PM me with your coin toss choices, and the mode from which you wish to play.

PS: I forgot to mention that all beginning players start off with $1000 in their banking account.
Old 12-7-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
gabgabo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to gabgabo

KNowing there is people, I'm in if I can.
gabgabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2007, 12:45 PM   #7
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

I'd like tp play, I'm just really lost about certain things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2007, 02:08 PM   #8
IAAW
FFR Player

Okay, then; I have you two in the round queue. PM me with your coin toss, and I'll PM the winner of the coin toss, so that he/she may perform the game setup. Or you could just pick yourselves or your opponent, whichever works better for you.
Old 12-7-2007, 10:21 PM   #9
Biff_tech
so the 17 ate the 12 eh.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Biff_tech

Erm.. let me start this I guess, I bet $200?
erm shoot.? I'm so confused.
Lol.

Sig by Darkmonkey AKA Clowd
Biff_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2007, 10:22 PM   #10
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

$420 Bob
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2007, 03:46 PM   #11
gabgabo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Was the PM I sent you okay IAAW?
Old 12-8-2007, 04:04 PM   #12
Ravia
Ahh the fond memories
FFR Veteran

In.

Ravia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2007, 12:56 PM   #13
gabgabo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

So, updates?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:22 AM   #14
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

Sorry I can only be on during the two hours at school due to my computer being down.
rsr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #15
gabgabo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

So, is this still alive?