Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
coolade123
FFR Player

Default Final Fantasy X

Who here plays or has played Final Fantasy X? In my opinion, it is probably one of the most fun games I have ever played. At one point I got around half way at the second Seymour but I could'nt beat him and gave up. Now I restarted it and now I'm at "Home", where you go before the Airship. This is basically a general thread to talk about the game. Anybody else play this and how long did it take you to beat it if you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
Straw? No, too stupid a fad. I put soot on warts.

lmao what
coolade123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Final Fantasy X

i've put like 110 hours into my best game. pretty much have all of my characters through the whole sphere grid. i have all aeons, including the three secrets.

the first time i really played through the game to beat it, i think i did it in 70 hours. and that's probably 'omg soo nub', but i really don't care.

the only thing i haven't done is power up Kimahri, Wakka, and Lulu's ultimate weapons all of the way; i don't use them anyway, so i don't care. they're 50% for now. i'm missing the god damn Al Bhed 'T', which i have to play through half of the game to get it...so meh.

and i haven't beat damn Neslug yet. but eventually, i'm going to beat his ass.

overall, it's probably one of my most favorite RPGs ever. i think i would even place it above Kingdom Hearts and StarOcean.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
Bahamut-X
FFR Player

Neslug is easy as hell. If you have enough egility, you can literally kill him before he attacks. When he goes into his shell have everyone's overdrive full and unleash blitz ace, which should hit him for 60,000 - 99,999 damage for like 8 hits, then entrust the other's overdrives and repeat.

Nemesis, on the other hand, is tough (without using yojimbo). I think my game might be messed up or something (I got it in 2002), since Nemesis seems alot harder on mine than in like a youtube video. With 255 defense AND protect casted, he's dishing out 7.5k to me with his slap attack, and etheral cannon is hitting for like 16k? Oh yea and don't even get me started on ultra spark, about 69,000 + poison and curse.

Also yea, lulu wakka and kimahri are hard to power up, lulu especially. There was one time I had to try like thrice to get the venus sigil. When you do though it's sweet since onion knight is the coolest legendary weapon IMO

PS Has anyone played the international version? Apparently it has the addition of ultra hard dark aeons and a harder sphere grid. I wish I could play that one since my other super game is messed up (I customized my armor wrong in respect to break HP limit).

PS2 for the op, you might wanna try bribing ultima weapon. He will give you 99 pendulums (incredibly rare item) if you do, and you only get one chance ever to fight him in the game.

Last edited by Bahamut-X; 10-22-2007 at 07:38 PM..
Bahamut-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #4
thechild
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
i think i would even place it above Kingdom Hearts
YOU FOOL!
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #5
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to SuperSonicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechild View Post
YOU FOOL!
Lol'd! Final Fantasy X was a very fun game but it took me almost forever to beat that game. I mean seriously at first I thought that game was never gonna end. I think I lost at least 3 months of my life to that game.
SuperSonicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechild View Post
YOU FOOL!
FEWL! they're very close in my book. it's hard to decide.

and i heard that there are Dark Aeon's in the Japanese version, as well. i don't know what else to say, other than the rumor i've heard is true too.

i've never really put a whole lot of time into really grinding to beat Neslug. i just know that the b*tch heals way too much, and i don't want to have to put up with his crap. i think i should just be able to bust his shell open with a Banishing Blade and send him straight to hell, but that's just my opinion.

also, i'm missing a f*cking Jecht Sphere and i have no idea where it is, or which one for that matter.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:03 PM   #7
Bahamut-X
FFR Player

dude his shell form is no problem, 3 blitz ace with maximum strength and calidbolg will bust it open
Bahamut-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
zidart
FFR Player

i love this game, the gameplay was something i've always wanted in some RPGs (swap characters during battle) this game was one of the most strategical final fantasy games i ever played, i mean it was almost impossible to defeat a boss without some kind of strategy.
also i liked the story, although part of the ending was predictable.... the game had a lot of emotional twists.
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #9
PJX
FFR Player

FFX is a great game. I don't remember how long I've played it, but i haven't beaten it yet. I thought the Seymour forms were tough, but I'm stuck at the three-part Lady Yunalesca battle. I hate her so much...her first form wasn't ever bad for me, the the second and third usually kill.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #10
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

I'm only 20 hours into Tales of the Abyss and I already like it more that FFX... which I never finished but I hear has a great ending.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJX View Post
FFX is a great game. I don't remember how long I've played it, but i haven't beaten it yet. I thought the Seymour forms were tough, but I'm stuck at the three-part Lady Yunalesca battle. I hate her so much...her first form wasn't ever bad for me, the the second and third usually kill.
just use Holy on that b*tch.

it rapes her soul.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:51 PM   #12
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to masterhickle

Use Holy Waters wisely against Yunalesca...I haven't played that game in a long time, but if I'm right, she has an attack that kills instantly if you aren't a "zombie."

The game took me about 90hrs to beat the first time I played it (counting a few legendary weapons, and about 3/4 the sphere grid for tidus / auron / yuna / wakka). The second time through, it took me about half of that time to accomplish the same amount of stuff...including all 3 secret aeons, and most of the stuff in the monster arena, outside of the toughest stuff (Yeah, I multi-tasked to hell and back my second time through. I used monster catching weapons from the monster arena on, with them customized to deal more damage.)

But then, I stopped caring about the game after I beat Yu Yevon, and focused on Blitz Ball entirely =P. My team was unstoppable, lmao.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #13
Sasuke_Angel
FFR Player

man i luv FFX... im australian gaming region and we have the dark aeons and they r a b**** unless u use yojimbos first attack against them lol took me like 130 hours 2 complete EVERYTHING in it... the gameclock actually started recounting again... did neone hate getting tidus's sigil in the damn chocobo race??
Sasuke_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #14
kratos7
FFR Player

I just finished this game it was one of the best games ever
i think the most annoying part was running around collecting all the butterflies to get one of those peoples special weapon
Those of you who are complaining about bosses being hard are just retarded. I beat all the bosses without ever learning death, flare, ultima, or holy. Just play smart and you can beat everything.
kratos7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #15
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos7 View Post
I just finished this game it was one of the best games ever
i think the most annoying part was running around collecting all the butterflies to get one of those peoples special weapon
Those of you who are complaining about bosses being hard are just retarded. I beat all the bosses without ever learning death, flare, ultima, or holy. Just play smart and you can beat everything.
the chocobo one is even worse XD.

yeah well that's one of the good thing of this game. it's sometimes impossible to kill bosses with jsut powerfull spells and overdrives, strategy it's what counts
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:41 PM   #16
ShAiOnEi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ShAiOnEi Send a message via Yahoo to ShAiOnEi

Yeah this game made me happy when I beat it, really good stuff right there.

Epic thread killer
ShAiOnEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #17
darkkefka
FFR Player

ffx is an awesome game. has anyone here ever played final fantasy x-international version?
darkkefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:14 PM   #18
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

FFX was a good game, but really, it's not, like the BEST GAME EVAR.

I considered it easy compared to many of the other FF games. o.0
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #19
fastfingers65
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to fastfingers65 Send a message via MSN to fastfingers65

I rape FFX so bad, great game. Anyone beat Nemesis?
fastfingers65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:38 AM   #20
MarukuAntoni
mmmMMMmmm
FFR Veteran

FFX isnt the best rpg out there storywise. great graphics but alright story. you know whats a good game with a great story? XENOGEARS. i love the game. if you havent played it, play it. its for the PS by the way.