Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Trivium, Job for a Cowboy, Both, or None?
Do you like Trivium? 6 31.58%
Do you like Job for a Cowboy? 4 21.05%
Do you like both? 1 5.26%
Do you dislike both? 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-5-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
KH Luxord
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to KH Luxord
Default Trivium or JFAC?

Alright,

I am taking a poll on which metal band you like better: Trivium, or Job For A Cowboy.

I personally enjoy Trivium, and totally hate JFAC. Trivium is an awesome band, especially with Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr, while with JFAC, you can't understand a word they are saying because it is more of a growling metal.

Trivium is thrash metal, and has good music to it, and is not really about anger.
While JFAC, is more of an angry metal, the worst death metal band ever.

Also, Trivium is an understandable name for a metal band, but Job for a Cowboy sounds country. But, if you listen to their songs, I can almost guarantee that you will crap in your pants.

So, who do you like?

Most Recent AAA: Snowflakes
Most Recent FC: Party 4 U v3
Best FC: The Brain of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
I will come to your house and take a crap on your pillow if you submit an hour long song to me.
KH Luxord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-5-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter
Default Re: Trivium or JFAC?

Considering neither is either good nor metal, I'd have to say I hate both.
Old 10-5-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Trivium is kick ass but JFAC is horrible. My friend Chris loves them and all he does is go around doing the "RHEE! RHEE!" sound that sounds like a squealing pig. Albeit it's funny as hell, they still suck.
Old 10-6-2007, 03:29 AM   #4
KH Luxord
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verruckter View Post
Considering neither is either good nor metal, I'd have to say I hate both.
Trivium is Thrash Metal you jacka--. And what are you smoking? Trivium is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
Trivium is kick ass but JFAC is horrible. My friend Chris loves them and all he does is go around doing the "RHEE! RHEE!" sound that sounds like a squealing pig. Albeit it's funny as hell, they still suck.
Trivium is awesome. And I assume you voted for them. If you try to listen to Embedded by JFAC, you can't understand a word they are saying. It makes even Darkest Hour look like The Beatles. JFAC is so heavy that you can't understand a word they are saying. They do a whole bunch of growling, at least, that is what it sounds like until the high pitched scream comes.

I tried looking up the lyrics for JFAC, and they had looked like they had no comparison to what they were actually saying...

Quote:
I will come to your house and take a crap on your pillow if you submit an hour long song to me.
Old 10-6-2007, 08:17 AM   #5
Verruckter
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH Luxord View Post
Trivium is Thrash Metal you jacka--. And what are you smoking? Trivium is awesome.
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=6795

Melodic metalcore. More "core" than "metal", obviously. Nothing to do with Thrash metal. Just because you copy everything Metallica has done doesn't mean you're part of their legacy.
Old 10-6-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verruckter View Post
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=6795

Melodic metalcore. More "core" than "metal", obviously. Nothing to do with Thrash metal. Just because you copy everything Metallica has done doesn't mean you're part of their legacy.
Seriously with a capital "serious". I believe the official position at the archives is that they were only accepted for their first EP, also. I could be wrong. But in any case, they're just core-infested.
BluE_MeaniE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
Verruckter
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluE_MeaniE View Post
I believe the official position at the archives is that they were only accepted for their first EP, also.
Yeah, I remember that statement being there too. Trivium doesn't have many elements of metal.
Old 10-6-2007, 12:04 PM   #8
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

i like trivium.. but i dunno if they're quite metal.
Old 10-7-2007, 12:47 AM   #9
KH Luxord
FFR Player

Trivium is metal. They are more of a modern-day Metallica, but they scream a lot more.

Quote:
Old 10-7-2007, 03:01 AM   #10
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Trivium's ok. I've never even heard Job for a Cowboy, but I'm guessing they suck before I even bother to.

I rather listen to As I Lay Dying or something else though, kthxbi.

P.S. You can always try wikipedia, but they are most certainly Metal in some way.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2007, 04:29 AM   #11
TSB_[X-OnTheRox-X]
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TSB_[X-OnTheRox-X]

Trivium, of course.
Old 10-7-2007, 08:58 AM   #12
Verruckter
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH Luxord View Post
Trivium is metal. They are more of a modern-day Metallica, but they scream a lot more.
No, it's not. It's metalcore. Metal-Archives is the most reliable source for this kind of stuff, definately not wikipedia.
Old 10-7-2007, 11:44 PM   #13
KH Luxord
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post
Trivium's ok. I've never even heard Job for a Cowboy, but I'm guessing they suck before I even bother to.

P.S. You can always try wikipedia, but they are most certainly Metal in some way.
Wikipedia definitely helps with defining band genres. Yeah, that is how I check what kind of metal a band is.

Go on Project Playlist - Job for a Cowboy and click the play button on Embedded.

First of all, click on the second one for Embedded (the one that says Artist Website), and listen to it from there. JFAC is a death metal band that has a really deep growling sound, with some of a black metal band element in it (high pitched shrieking vocals).

There are many other bands on Project Playlist, but the link that I gave you takes you to Job for a Cowboy's page.

As I Lay Dying isn't my favorite metal band, but they are ok.
As long as it is not death metal (pure) or black metal, I'm fine with it.

Pure Death Metal - Consists of low-pitched growled vocals, with heavily distorted guitars and singing much about death or a new world that comes out of the death of this world.

Black Metal (general) - Consists of high-pitched shrieking vocals, with extremely distorted guitars and bands of this genre are usually made up of one or two people. Black metal usually uses drum machines and guitar/bass machines rather than human drummers/guitarists/bassists. Black metal is different from any other genre because of the Satanic nature of the band and the lyrics. Some black metal bands (3 or more members) have been associated with church burnings, murders, and Satanic vandalism. One-man black metal bands usually are associated with public Satanic worshiping/preaching and arson.

So, don't listen to black metal. Death metal sucks, but it is better than black metal.

The best metal genres are Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Heavy Metal, Metalcore, and Melodic Death Metal (Thrash Metal with distorted guitars).

Quote:
Old 10-7-2007, 11:47 PM   #14
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

Both completely suck. Just my opinion. Now excuse me while I go back to listening to Folly.
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2007, 11:58 PM   #15
DrugstoreCowboy
Is Famouz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DrugstoreCowboy

i actually like job for a cowboy.

looks like im the only one so far :/

oh well, as long as this doesnt turn into a "omg u suk ***. u liek jfac maor, go die" then this thread is cool with me. But like most threads like this they turn bad. quickly.

EDIT: i also agree with pete. id much rather listen to someone else. a lot of bands are better, but from the two, JFAC is better to me.

DrugstoreCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2007, 12:28 AM   #16
KH Luxord
FFR Player

DRUGSTORE!!! DO WE HAVE TRIVIUM ON THE PERMISSIONS LIST?! I am working on Pull Harder.

Quote:
Old 10-8-2007, 12:41 AM   #17
AnUnknownDrummer
would rather go by AUD.
FFR Veteran

I like JFAC more than Trivium, but I could care less as to vote on a poll about it and argue over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post
Agreed.
AnUnknownDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2007, 12:57 AM   #18
Lucifericrucifix
Pathogen.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Lucifericrucifix

Pull Harder was a decent song..Not really into their new stuff though (Trivium, in general.) I dislike the whole scream/sing approach with their music, and I dislike how now they're essentially a carbon copy of a heavier Metallica.

I would pick Job For A Cowboy in this list, however I'm not too either a great amount. Job For A Cowboy in my honest opinion was a waste of time with their demo...Pretty much drew a retarded audience who discovered a lame variation of the "core" gutterals, and played off on it over and over and over only to further the "scene" generation. Genesis is more in vein of Death Metal and with some tech elements..which was pretty satisfying despite how the CD was somewhat monotonous towards the end, none the less, good cd in comparison to the annoying over-saturated "deathcore" scene which it appears they abandoned.

Trivium while Thrash influenced...They still carry the burden of Metalcore, well, perhaps not as much now but in general...Once you go there you almost never leave the genre, it sticks...for whatever reason. It just becomes easier to pick out the style and go, "Oh, well, they did this...They're still Metalcore."

As for As I Lay Dying..eh, let's not start.
As I Pray Crying. ;D Not a fan of metalcore/deathcore, ...or what appears to be "Hardcore" these days, real hardcore pretty much died out, unfortunately.

Also, let's not have this become a source war.."This website is more reliable," etc. The best mind is an educated one, be that a source or not.
"What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith in God is absurd, since it is impossible to know, or understand His purpose."
Lucifericrucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2007, 01:25 AM   #19
TSB_[X-OnTheRox-X]
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TSB_[X-OnTheRox-X]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugstoreCowboy View Post
i actually like job for a cowboy.

looks like im the only one so far :/

oh well, as long as this doesnt turn into a "omg u suk ***. u liek jfac maor, go die" then this thread is cool with me. But like most threads like this they turn bad. quickly.

EDIT: i also agree with pete. id much rather listen to someone else. a lot of bands are better, but from the two, JFAC is better to me.
omg u suk ***! u liek jfac maor, go die!!
Old 10-8-2007, 01:51 AM   #20
ShastaTwist
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Truth be told, I just did a sample listening of each of these bands. I've listened to Job For a Cowboy before, but not very much.

Personally, I like to be able to semi-understand what I'm listening to. To me, Job For a Cowboy is a bunch of growling and screaming and mangrunts. Also, their instruments are all sort of just clashed together to make some sort of sound that I can't describe.

For Trivium, their vocals are better, it's not so much just muddled screaming and growling, it has more to it. Their sound is also a lot better and more melodic.

So, yay on Trivium, nay on Job For a Cowboy, but no real official position.
ShastaTwist is offline   Reply With Quote